PDA

View Full Version : Spy-Monk-Research-mmmm Rifles

juvestar15
28-07-04, 06:28
Sitting here again, looking at the lovely population count and an empty plaza, i got thinking. It was time for a change. But what to? Is there anything that really interests me anymore? Well besides PvP that is non-existent at these times, I've decided to take advantage of the low population.

It was like the first time yesterday that i actually went Warbot hunting. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: To my suprise, i got a great drop rate. I stuck with that for a while and ended up enjoying it. But with all these rares and no researchers what am i to do? How bout make a researcher? Yes i think that works. Problem though. I am sick of leveling, especially spies. I hate them, they are vermin. :P Well i dont really hate them jsut i find them hard to level. :D Thanks to LOMs and my sickness to not stay to one skill, i now have 2 PPUs. One is 96 PSI and the other is like 83. So instead of making a spy, why don't i make this lower lvl PPU a researcher?

I began investingating and i worked out i could get to about 190 RES skill. This is with 66 int, SS, Adv. Nerves 3, res glove and cst 3 buff. My questions is, how well is 190 going to do against an E part? I'm guessing i wont get too many E parts so do you think 190 is plenty? If need be i can goto a Research OP since BD own them all and my PPU is Crahn. :P Not sure on the bonuses there though.

To be honest though, i really want a rifle spy. I'd rather hunt WBs with the large variety of rifles rares than anything else. Currently i find my Judge PE to be the best but pistols are kinda boring you know? I think though if i was a spy id die alot coz i get into a bit of a mess often. :) Are there any spys that are rifles/research? I'd love to see how you guys have set your char up.

Kind of a long post to just ask a question, so you're all welcome to add your thoughts and opinions. :)

{MD}GeistDamnit
28-07-04, 06:44
220 res is good for E parts, my researcher has 180 without glove or anything. and breaks an E here and there, breaks more T parts tho 0_o

TheGreatMilenko
28-07-04, 06:50
tip whenver you fail the same part 2 times ina row the 3rd time it will break so just move to a few other parts then do that part again i figured it out after about 3 breaks ;)

{MD}GeistDamnit
28-07-04, 06:51
sometimes they break on the first try though :(

ino
28-07-04, 07:13
To my experiences it will probably work great. I dont research myself but have som friends who do. And success rate then has been totaly random on E parts. you can do them with 130 ress and do good while a guy with 220 breaks them. I personally dont belive any formula theories anyone says anymore cause they just break in the long run :).

Try it out if it works you have a tech researcher if it doesnt work then put some more points and see it it does anything.

jini
28-07-04, 07:24
I used to believe that to res 100% you need double the tl of the item, so its 140 for Ls 180 for Ts and 20 for Es.
@ 195 res i have never failed a T, neither an L, but I have break a couple of Es. I found the 2x formula to be correct, at least for me, but myresser is a spy... Oh and break poss. on Es with 195 res is less than 1%, maybe less than 0.5%

Ramzi
28-07-04, 07:53
I've done Es with like 141 research.

Wallen
28-07-04, 09:17
If you like hunting warbots don't make a rifle spy; hunting warbots is incredibly easy and boring when you have a rifle. You just sit really far away and shoot, sometimes they try to come and follow you, but mostly they just look confused. I've soloed 3 warbots at a time before, the only tricky thing is making sure you lower their health evenly so they all die simultaneously and you can loot all three.
Have fun. :angel:

alig
28-07-04, 09:26
To my experiences it will probably work great. I dont research myself but have som friends who do. And success rate then has been totaly random on E parts. you can do them with 130 ress and do good while a guy with 220 breaks them. I personally dont belive any formula theories anyone says anymore cause they just break in the long run :).

Try it out if it works you have a tech researcher if it doesnt work then put some more points and see it it does anything.

My resser is TL 224 (228 buffed) and ive have'nt broke an E part in like...a long ass time and ive ressed alot of E's lately (around 50)

Edit/ If my unreliable memory does'nt fault me ive only failed an E part 2 times from them all.

T72
28-07-04, 11:50
I agree with Milenko after 2 fails move on to an other rare and come back to the failer heheh

I just wish the "data cube destroyed" message will get changed as i keep thinking rares poping is just an other bug they aint fixed yet..........

ezza
28-07-04, 12:27
If you like hunting warbots don't make a rifle spy; hunting warbots is incredibly easy and boring when you have a rifle. You just sit really far away and shoot, sometimes they try to come and follow you, but mostly they just look confused. I've soloed 3 warbots at a time before, the only tricky thing is making sure you lower their health evenly so they all die simultaneously and you can loot all three.
Have fun. :angel:
meh i dunno i kinda like hunting warbys on my rifle spy.

standing 10 miles away and fireing my redeemer, its nice seeing the kinda damage figures you see apus do :lol:

notneo
28-07-04, 12:39
as for drop rate it depends on your rank,the spped of the kill and the number of runners in the zone and of course the random factor

research is a lot of luck i think,my resser is 101 int ,195 ress and sometimes you just get a run of fails,i break about 1-2 %

ino
28-07-04, 13:15
AliG, Im not saying that someone will do worse with 250 research than one with 130. I just say that its random. Some have hardly any problems with E techs at 130 - 140 research opening up points to do other things aswell, some feel that they break more when they have lower research and tends to go for a higher ress.

It's just like the construction :) its random and a formula for making slotted weapons is just bullshit in my opinion cause there are ppl with a certain amount of cst who tells you one thing and there is others with higher or lower cst who says something totaly different. So what ppl should do is to dump as much points they feel is nessecary to do whatever they like and feel satisfied (obviously they need more than the tl of the item) and not reading bullshit guides :).

Agent L
28-07-04, 13:47
I have 160res and 135 INT . Es are manageable, they frequently fail once or more and process takes ages, but they rarely break. Usualy with more than 4-6 Es I gr to a faction lab just to save time, 190res I get there + 135 INT is ok.

Try how 66 int will level by ressing, I suggest making vhard res mission cubes - of course keep res skill low by dropping bufs and glove, maybe even put cst chip 3 in.

/edit :
Yeah, I think 190 res will be just fine, even with low INT.

juvestar15
28-07-04, 14:33
I just did about 15 rares. They all ressed fine. Only 1 E part though. I'm not sure how high i was with my int XP but i did ding once. :)
It's kinda of annoying though that a monk can be as good as a spy. :(

I guess i'll scrap that rifle spy. :(

jini
28-07-04, 20:28
like i said, the 2x formula works nice for Ls and Ts, so why not for Es as well. This means that even if you have res=219, you can still have a chance to break Es. This chance is gone and res is guaranteed when you reach res 220. From my experience of more than 600 ressed parts this seems to be true. And even at this res level, the E part broke immediatelly without the normal warning...

msdong
28-07-04, 20:41
150 is good enough. who really cares if one out of 10E break ?