PDA

View Full Version : PE Only Crap, err, Stuff

Lexxuk
28-07-04, 02:04
Like, brainwave!! (coffee = brain god of brain gods!)

OK, psionic dex armour, its got nice nrg resists, bit of xray in there too, but needs psi and dex to stick on (so is PE only) doesnt have any resist force or anythin like that, which is ok, pe's get loads thru str

HC Rifles - rifles that require Dex to fire and Str to hold, and slow you down about as much as a rifle does now, maybe a bit more, does aoe damage, weakest starts at about 50 dex 50 str (so spies can use em, just) end one is 60 str 90 dex (so a gimped tank can use one too)

Jet Pack!! (had to add that :p)

Mr_Snow
28-07-04, 02:15
OK, psionic dex armour, its got nice nrg resists, bit of xray in there too, but needs psi and dex to stick on (so is PE only) doesnt have any resist force or anythin like that, which is ok, pe's get loads thru str

If spies get dex and int req armour then yeah

HC Rifles - rifles that require Dex to fire and Str to hold, and slow you down about as much as a rifle does now, maybe a bit more, does aoe damage, weakest starts at about 50 dex 50 str (so spies can use em, just) end one is 60 str 90 dex (so a gimped tank can use one too)

I like the dual req weapon ideas there was an idea somebody said about having a psi pistol/rifle for PEs which I thought would be cool but there was the idea floating about of putting an int req on high tech pistols and rifles.

Jetpacks personally I never thought was a good idea, I always thought they would be sorta like holovests will be basically toys to play with for an hour until you get bored and have little value other then gimmicks.

Lexxuk
28-07-04, 02:17
spies already have 2 types of spy only armour, as well as spy only stealth, thats 3 items that are spy only, the pe has just pe armour, and thats bout it, we also have been known to wear holy spirit boots quite a lot.

Mr_Snow
28-07-04, 02:30
Having PA is quite different then having a full set of armour tailor made for your class and you know that Lexx.

Dont you think asking for weapon lines that are only really viable for PEs aswell as full armour sets and jetpacks while rubbishing spies having their own set of armour because they can use stealth is hypocritical?

TheGreatMilenko
28-07-04, 02:44
[ edited ]

Lexxuk
28-07-04, 02:48
Having PA is quite different then having a full set of armour tailor made for your class and you know that Lexx.

Dont you think asking for weapon lines that are only really viable for PEs aswell as full armour sets and jetpacks while rubbishing spies having their own set of armour because they can use stealth is hypocritical?

Monk's have a complete line of armour that is only useable by them, except the lower ones are useable by a PE, PE's also dont have any armour which can give them 114 xray, the resists of Duranium 4, or holy shelter armour, they can manage duranit 2 if they are nice, spies get good armour now, the best damage on rifles/pe's, the best range on rifles/pe's, the best rof on rifles/pe's, and they dont have to gimp themselves to be equal/better than a PE currently can be.

So yes, PE's should get their own line of armour so they can have better defence than a SPY who should have lower defence than a PE naturally.

So to cap it off, 3 classes already have tailor made armour, Monks with their high level Monk armour, Tanks, with their level 4 duraniums/inq and Spies with their high level X-Ray armour.

And lets not forget Heavy nrg/fire/pos belts, require int PE's cant actually get to to use, so thats even MORE armour available that a PE cant use that a spy and a monk can use

jernau
28-07-04, 02:56
Make grenade launchers DEX based.

Mr_Snow
28-07-04, 02:59
Okay Lexx without drugging atm spies can spec 2 of the 4 con based resists being x-ray and fire or energy without drugging where as PEs can spec energy x ray and fire to a good degree and if they are willing to wear viper king they can spec decent poison aswell, who do you think needs a line of armour more? You also dont take into account that titan armour is specced towards use for PEs as its useless for tanks as inq 4 is better and nobody else can use it, so you already have your PE only armour.

Spies have to drug to get real resists PEs dont, spies are the only class in the game you have no choice to drug to a viable setup and thats not fair.

Scikar
28-07-04, 03:09
Armor isn't everything for defence. Best you can get for a Spy is just over 100 fire/energy armor total, no xray problems and 400 HP, which is using at least one drug and moveon, and ppr. Use a moveon and a ppr on a PE, and you're looking at 450 HP and 130+ fire/xray with 140+ energy.

No duranium 4? Nope, but you've got medium energy belt instead. No uber xray suit and heavy energy belt? Again nope, but you still have the gamma bones, plus how many spies do you see running about holy shelter boots and inq 2/3?

You want more unique stuff for each class and make them more distinct? Fine. But don't use weak excuses like PEs need more defence to try and justify it. Snow makes a perfectly valid point - every toy Spies have ever had has been leeched by PEs at one point or another. The whole class req on PAs came about because otherwise every PE would be running around in Spy armor.

Yes, PEs should have a more defined role and more uses in team battles. But spies need more, since currently the only truly viable way to play a Spy is to pretend to be a PE. I'm sure Archeus will be along any minute to say how sniper spies are viable if you only ever snipe people who are too stupid to realise they're being shot, but put Julia up against an Inq-equipped HL-wielding Spy in a sniper duel and let's see who spots some weaknesses in their defences.

Jet Packs for both PEs and spies, HC rifles are a great idea, PE-only line of armor no.

TheGreatMilenko
28-07-04, 03:10
Make grenade launchers DEX based.

[ edited ]

cRazy2003
28-07-04, 03:13
LOLOLOLOL that would be stupid it takes strength to hold a grenade launcer dex isnt gonna help there smart 1
GET BRAINS NEXT TIME :rolleyes:

it doesnt take strength to hold or fire a granade launcher its like a rifle, and dex means dextrous, do use things with your hands.

jernau
28-07-04, 03:17
[ edited ]
Well that has to be the worst argument I've seen today.

Ignoring the fact that's BS in RL terms maybe you should take a look at the grenade launcher model in-game and tell me how it's held and what size it is?

Crono
28-07-04, 03:27
Shure, give PE's their own armor line and reduce their healign and shelter/deflector capabilities, bacause that would be like giving tanks some Str based healing/deflector spells :P

Were they even intended to have their own custom stuff lex? common where u goin with this, werent they made to use most other classes generic stuff (non proff defining stuff) but non as good as those classes could use? :D

Ahh man, the PE Liberal rights movement people are gonna flame me for mentioning that. 5 RL bucks says Stealth is used as a arguement agains that (get over the stealth >< )

-Crono

Koshinn
28-07-04, 03:36
[ edited ]
Spam. Yummy.

Good ideas Lexxuk. I also like how Spies could drug up for the PE psi armor (if they really wanted to). But PEs only have 15 more psi than Spies do.

Shadow Dancer
28-07-04, 03:40
I *love* the HC rifle idea. I think the aoe should be a different style than tank or apu. Hrmmm, how about something that spreads out in different directions when you shoot? Like the spread gun in contra.

I have mixed thoughts on the psionic dex armour. If it's just an excuse for more defense, then I vote no. :p But maybe it could do something else, like give more psi in exchange for less defense. :eek:

Mr_Snow
28-07-04, 03:42
But PEs only have 15 more psi than Spies do.

Thats like 75% more psi points to spend which improves shelters heal, means the difference between blessed deflector and tl3 deflector so it is a big difference.

Birkoff
28-07-04, 03:44
Shure, give PE's their own armor line and reduce their healign and shelter/deflector capabilities, bacause that would be like giving tanks some Str based healing/deflector spells :P

Were they even intended to have their own custom stuff lex? common where u goin with this, werent they made to use most other classes generic stuff (non proff defining stuff) but non as good as those classes could use? :D

Ahh man, the PE Liberal rights movement people are gonna flame me for mentioning that. 5 RL bucks says Stealth is used as a arguement agains that (get over the stealth >< )

-Crono

Ya... and they failed :P

What 3 items are spy only,,,, Spy PA.. stealth and...?

Koshinn
28-07-04, 04:43
Thats like 75% more psi points to spend which improves shelters heal, means the difference between blessed deflector and tl3 deflector so it is a big difference.

I'm talking about when psi is used as a REQUIREMENT, PEs only have 15 more psi than a Spy does. That means it's not impossible for a Spy to get 35 Psi.

Mr_Snow
28-07-04, 05:02
True but a spy cant use anything of that high tl and it requires shaman dropped drugs or cresent tabs to do so and no armour is worth them and 2 trader bought drugs to get on, its like me saying that PEs can use inq 4 and high tl des weapons if they have tigers blood or kri'nakh whatever beast and x-strong, its possible but unviable in reality.

DonnyJepp
28-07-04, 05:10
Ya... and they failed :P

What 3 items are spy only,,,, Spy PA.. stealth and...?

Radiation suit

Good ideas Lexx, I'm in favor of added items for all classes, PEs included. I have some of each and they all need wider varieties of loadouts.

Mr_Snow
28-07-04, 05:14
Radiation suit.

That never had a spy only req on it even when PA reqs were brought out, if they actually changed it when did they?

LiL T
28-07-04, 05:15
Do you wanna buy a muther fukin grenade launcher !!!? :lol:

Yes would love one for a PE if it actually worked and did damage :)

Mr_Snow
28-07-04, 05:18
Grenade launchers do do damage but normally not to what your trying to hit.

jernau
28-07-04, 16:06
Grenade launchers do do damage but normally not to what your trying to hit.
There are like most AoE in NC you mean? ;)

The reason I'd like to see them go DEX is so riflers have an AoE weapon for levellling. They would fit that perfectly. They already look like rifles, not cannons anyway so I almost wonder if that was the original intent.

greendonkeyuk
28-07-04, 16:53
i like the grenade launcher idea the most.

When i first read lexxs post i thought of specific armour for the pe, custom made dependant on his role on the battlefield which would enhance a particular skill. Ie A melee pa would give bonuses to melee combat and strength, a hc variant would give a hc bonus and strength (the same as tanks do), dex based would be as is now and possibly a third one which could enhance his psi capabilities.

This idea is straight off the top of my head so apologies for any mistakes. Im thinking if the pe could have the bonuses from his pa to give him ppu related skills, (ie maybe he could with drugs/imps reach up to casting blessed heal/shelter) whilst gimping his offensive skills to the limit he could fill in a support role. Likewise the HC orientated pe would have naff dex for example or naff psi as he would be a distance fighter providing bombardment from the back of the lines. The melee wearer would obviously mix it up in the trenches so he would need to have boosted strength and gimped psi perhaps. I havent even begun to consider values and bonuses but as i say this is jus a thought from lexx's original post.

P.s lexx this is not a hijack. i rate your thread.

Celt
28-07-04, 16:56
I know, lets make a whole new line of weapons the are PE only, and not let them use rifle/pistol/melee/HC !

Jest
28-07-04, 17:05
I dont think PEs really have a need for their own armor. The rifles idea is pretty good though. And jet packs of course always get a win. :D

Lexxuk
28-07-04, 17:09
I know, lets make a whole new line of weapons the are PE only, and not let them use rifle/pistol/melee/HC !

dont forget drone, apu and ppu too!

PE's need sum luvin, somethin unique only to them, coz otherwise its better to be a spy, use higher level rifles without drugs, drug up for better armour and a shelter, have massive runspeed.

Celt
28-07-04, 17:10
dont forget drone, apu and ppu too!

PE's need sum luvin, somethin unique only to them, coz otherwise its better to be a spy, use higher level rifles without drugs, drug up for better armour and a shelter, have massive runspeed.PE class should be deleted.

Jesterthegreat
28-07-04, 17:11
i like SD's idea for rifle AoE (assuming he means what i think he means - a cone of fire kinds thing? like suppressive fire?)

and the anti - Rad suit is wearable by PE's. i know at least one who uses it for all fights

hivemind
28-07-04, 17:12
In addition to Grenade Launchers, how about a Rocket Rifle (long wanted) and move all the fusion rifles to this new group and have them do AOE damage. I mean, all the TG NPCs carry them, and they're all tanks. Naturally, we'll need Grenade Pistols too, as well as moving Rocket Pistols and Fusion Pistols to the new PE only group.

Good idea. If a PE could kill a stealther, I'd want to play my PE again. And this would give PEs something of their own.

Barak
28-07-04, 18:06
I'd rather have gadets tbh Rader-pulse thingy or maybe some form of Demo pack - I'd settle for a Demo charge with damage akin too a Revenge (but its static and goes off with a detonator or the likes)

And whats with the haters? just 'cause you get killed by some drugged up shmuck with a Hl/Exe? well thats the main way too be any real use these days.

Either that or gimmie a little suicide bomb.. where I can laugh manically before taking out a zone.. er.. :D

But the 'nade launcher would be useful if they re-did it too a more ranged version like the one in ghostrecon.

Mr_Snow
28-07-04, 18:29
And whats with the haters?

People are haters because they dont think PEs should get every little thing they want?

PEs think they should be viable with no drugs correct?
I agree with that.

But as seen on this thread PEs dont agree that spies should be viable without drugs

A PE that takes 3 drugs is about as good as a spy that takes 3 drugs, but a PE that takes no drugs is much much better then a spy who doesnt and thats bullshit.

With rifle AoE it kinda depends on whether KK actually fix the clipping plain so that rifles can actually use the range they are meant to have, if they do then rifles have a range advantage and should have AoE unless its low and mid level for pure levelling and basically useless in pvp, if they dont yeah go ahead make fusion rifles AoE and give some use to them because if the clipping plane isnt fixed fusion rifles are just shite.

Shadow Dancer
28-07-04, 18:57
i like SD's idea for rifle AoE (assuming he means what i think he means - a cone of fire kinds thing? like suppressive fire?)

Exactly.

Oh and I think PEs should get a trap-setting skill. Demolitions and stuff.