PDA

View Full Version : Warbot resists

MeWhiteWolf
28-07-04, 01:54
ok i normally hunt fire creatures, always have but i decided to make a CA char.
now i made my way by foot (i don't believe in getting a lift from strangers :))
to the MB, and have put plenty of points in enery resist but am still getting nailed but that *electric* looking gun.....
it's a damn xray un isn't it???
go on tell me i have to do XRAY Resists don't I!!!!
just thought i'd check - also do energy resists help at all with WB's then?

Mumblyfish
28-07-04, 01:56
I believe it's energy/xray, and it deals so much damage (to me at least, only really have experience as a spy) that unless you have really high body health it's going to knock the shit out of you anyway. It's rockets hurt less, and I don't have any resist force.

cRazy2003
28-07-04, 01:58
it does xray/energy, both beams actually do it, just one more then the other, the swirly one with gives off the blue powder is more the xray one which parashocks you.

MeWhiteWolf
28-07-04, 02:03
thought that it must be or i should be doing a bit better :)
thanks guys - of to level con some more now i need more points....

since it's almost all in health/energy that is, hell my 15 points of actual ath won't make much difference.. i'm also a rifle spy btw and only get nailed when i don't notice range closing... but damn do i get nailed :)

cRazy2003
28-07-04, 02:04
thought that it must be or i should be doing a bit better :)
thanks guys - of to level con some more now i need more points....

since it's almost all in health/energy that is, hell my 15 points of actual ath won't make much difference.. i'm also a rifle spy btw and only get nailed when i don't notice range closing... but damn do i get nailed :)

warbots naturally do a lot of damage anyways, get ur xray bones, spy PA, heavy energy belt and spec a lot of energy in con and u will do fine.

Lexxuk
28-07-04, 02:05
and dont forget resist force/fire for the rockets it fires at you too ;)

MeWhiteWolf
28-07-04, 02:08
i have force and it's rockets seem to do bugger all in comparison to that nasty nasty shock gun.

would rather be hunting doomies and thing with terror in their name but the TG guards hurt a tad more that the wb's ;)

BramTops
28-07-04, 02:09
when facing (multiple) warbot(s) the rockets are your least concern....

r something like that...

damn...

just lost my internet-license i guess.... 8|

IceStorm
28-07-04, 03:30
With PA3, all antigama bones, Heavy energy belt, 45 or so natural Energy resist, and Battle 2/3 armor (STR 37), I can kill one Warbot with my Healing Light before it manages to kill me. More than one, and I better have cover. With rifle ranges being what they are, I usually kill them before they manage to get in range to shoot me.

|R@zor|
28-07-04, 05:17
My spy is just at Pain easer level now and i can easily kill it before it gets close enought to shoot back, infact once i start shooting they normally start walking away from me.

Tomalak
28-07-04, 05:40
Use the N.E.X.T epic Reveler, or hell even the 4x4 can do it..that gun can drop a warbot titan in 5-8 seconds...

Wallen
28-07-04, 09:20
Yeah most warbies just get confused if you shoot them from far enough away and either walk away then back towards you then away again or they don't move at all.

MjukisDjur
28-07-04, 09:40
The freezer they got hit way to hard. I prefer 10 rockets in the face before it 8|

Maarten
28-07-04, 10:13
I heard something about the Duranium Armor 4 being bugged. That it was better to use Duranium 3. Anyone know anything about this?

And what are the resists of the warbot itself? Poison and ???

Omnituens
28-07-04, 10:16
afaik, warbots are the only high level creatures that can be outranged.

doomies and grims seem to have unlimited range.

Vampire_Reaver
28-07-04, 10:27
Use the N.E.X.T epic Reveler, or hell even the 4x4 can do it..that gun can drop a warbot titan in 5-8 seconds...

yeah it's total carnage for WBs.. I dont think it even took me 5 sec to kill a WBT up close with the Revealer... sure it may be a little hard to use it as a spy :lol: but go fetch a pal and hunt your butt off :p

and the warbots does xray/nrg and fire/force dmg as ppl say, atleast thats what they used to do..

I heard something about the Duranium Armor 4 being bugged. That it was better to use Duranium 3. Anyone know anything about this?
I heard this too a while ago, is it still this way? does anyone know? But what I heard it was like the duranium3 was equally good as the duranium4, so you could just use duranium3 and get the exact same effect..

winnoc
28-07-04, 10:40
Revelers own warbots second to trikes.

I once drove on the warbot hill at BD, and a mass spawn of 5 warbots around me, i was alone..... Blamblamblam. Killed all of em with 100 health left. That's how good the reveler is.

|R@zor|
28-07-04, 16:59

And what are the resists of the warbot itself? Poison and ???

I've never tried using Duranium 3 but i know with Duranium 4 my tank takes an awfull lot of damage from them, where as my PE can stand toe to toe with 2 or more warbots and kill them before he's anywhere near death.

greendonkeyuk
28-07-04, 17:07
I've never tried using Duranium 3 but i know with Duranium 4 my tank takes an awfull lot of damage from them, where as my PE can stand toe to toe with 2 or more warbots and kill them before he's anywhere near death.

do you use shelter on your pe? just a thought.

Why people want to hunt warbots when theyve got 90+ int for the heavy belts is beyond me. Ive never had good xp from warbot hunting past about level 40 as a spy. Unless youre doin it purely for the rares i guess. Razor if you are a spy then i suggest pulse laser or laser rifles as an alternative to driving vehicles. The range is uber and you can get the warbot before it manages to fire back. Ive managed to kill and hack 3 at once doing that. Its a nice quick easy rare hunt. However there are tonnes better mobs for a spy to fight if you use your head.

ezza
28-07-04, 17:20
decayed mobs are cool.

horrors dont move fast so you can snipe them with ease and they are 100/100 iirc

brutes are fun, they move quick but still pose no real threat if you have good distance between your spy and the brute.

if you have cover and distance hunting grims is ok, but unless kitted out on inq armour(which i think iirc requires drugging up for a spy) its easier to hunt the decayed mobs imo

jini
28-07-04, 18:37
energy and xray resist help you certainly, but in the end its the shots in legs that cripple you, not the freezer.... so that, you need the correct mixture of hlt/nrgy/xrr

Wallen
28-07-04, 22:08

Hehehe, that's what YOU think. They move towards you, unlike warbies, but you can still keep them out of range fairly easily, just make sure to watch your back and not move into another pack of fire mobs. 8|

Maarten
29-07-04, 00:32
I've killed two Percs with my rifle PE a long time ago while staying out of there range.

Anyone know the resists of a warbot? Poison and what else?

Wallen
29-07-04, 00:44
Umm, AFAIK they (and pretty much all mobs as of a recent patch) should be resistant to the type of damage they deal. So warbots resist xray and energy, firemobs resist fire, etc.

phunqe
29-07-04, 10:40
Be sure to always keep an antishock drug in the QB. Sometimes they spawn right next to you and then you need to get away.

I have a rifle kami in and I haven't died to a WarBot yet. The WarBots usually doesn't have high rof so if you are fast you'll get away (given you're not on the steppe that is :p). If you have that drug in your qb and hunt in a zone with hills or other cover you should be safe :)

Freaky Fryd
29-07-04, 12:46

I've outdistanced Grims, but their range is pretty high...

My personal best is taking out 8 WBs before hacking and getting to hack 6 of them. As far as 100%, I think my highest was 6 WBs killed then all 6 hacks.

They are definitely resistant to xray (my one weapon was doing 70 a shot with xray ammo, but 87 with regular ammo)