PDA

View Full Version : installation help (not for neocron) i/o error

Terayon
28-07-04, 01:46
I get the following problem when i try to install a game.

an i/o error occurred while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file.

anyone know of any way to fix this? its not a corrupt download and my hard drive has been scandisked and defragged.

Lexxuk
28-07-04, 01:49
turn off UDMA for your CD-Rom in the BIOS

Terayon
28-07-04, 01:51
uum i downloaded the install. its not from my cdrom.

Lexxuk
28-07-04, 01:52
try it anyhow? :p

Terayon
28-07-04, 01:55
i was just talking to the most retarded help team to. they had like paragraphs binded to kets instead of actualy trying to solve my problem they give me these generic dumbass answers. like are any directx settings turned off? who is your isp? man.... and after 30 min he cant help me and sends me to someone else who is like ya the installer is corrupt. contact gamespot. and im still trying to figure out how to email them and why i would concidering i payed fileplanet for this.... BAHHHHH. i wont say anmyore for fear of someone figuring out what it is.

MeWhiteWolf
28-07-04, 01:56
how do you know for sure that the file u have is not corrupted, burnt it and tried on another PC?
hell it takes more than filesize to tell - how big was it?

Terayon
28-07-04, 01:58
1.6 gigs or so. i downloaded 4 times from 2 diffrent locations. on two diffrent computers.

Lexxuk
28-07-04, 01:59
i used to have the same problem, i'd try to install from CD and get an i/o error, so i'd copy the stuff to hard drive and get an i/o error, so i turned of udma to my cd-roms and the i/o errors went the way of the dodo (cept on my laptop, couldnt turn udma off on that bugger)

Terayon
28-07-04, 02:42
my other computer dousent have that option. but i will try it on thiso ne when im done talking to this help guy. he sseems better then the last 2.

Magic Sausage
28-07-04, 04:40
I'm not going to say anything bad is going on...

But various media that is dulpicated incorrectly tends to have these types of errors...

The ass didn't know how to run the ISO burner :P

Edit above if needed...

Terayon
28-07-04, 05:46
well its on my hard drive. and i can gurantue that its not copied or anything. you should know that sasuage. read the td forums :P

Tycho C
28-07-04, 06:21
If you have any drivers installed for your Mother Board, revert the drivers for the IDE conrtoler/s to the Windows default.

This solved the I/O problem I had for every game I owned for 4 months. (including the Download version of NC)
After I did this all my games now install.

I run WinXP Pro, don't know if it will work for ya or if its only WInXP, but hey, give it a shot.

Gevrik Halfdead
28-07-04, 06:42
Even though you said, not Neocron, a friend of mine had exactly the same problem with the trial download of Neocron, and after researching on these forums, I saw that many people have it, and it was reported on this forum almost a year ago. :rolleyes:

I'll ask Beamon what he did to get it installed and will post here after I heard from him.

Birkoff
28-07-04, 07:07
SWG? I had probelms installing it off gamespot, get it on fileplanet :)

Morpheous
28-07-04, 09:41
Step 1. Open case
Step 2. Unplug PC
Step 3. Turn off PC
(Yeah, wrong order :))
Step 4. Remove the wide ribbon cable in the back of your CD drive and the little power one next to it
Step 5. Repower your PC, install it.
Step 6. Turn off, put the cables in, turn on and play :p