could be abit overpowered. it should also have a large aoe range to give the
chance of its field hitting you also.

SiL ..:..

Ozambabbaz
27-07-04, 23:17
5 stars more diversity, more options

cRazy2003
27-07-04, 23:17
hmm, pritty good idea, might annoy some people though in PP, if you throw one and everyones weapons are disabled, would make non tech weapons used more, people may even resort to old fashioned fists :p

Jest
27-07-04, 23:20
I like the premise, your definitely thinking outside the box, but itd be abused way too much no matter how it was implemented. Maybe the emp could have some other sort of effect. ;)

Tomalak
27-07-04, 23:25
I like the idea, but technically, an EMP would fry out all implants in the affected area also..:p
I do agree that it would give low-tech users an advantage..
How do you see it having an effect on Psi-users?

sanityislost
27-07-04, 23:25
Well it would force people to go back to the good old low tech weapons, if
you really wanted to go crazy could make it only effect rare weapons lol

Dont think it would really have an effect on psi spells tho you could make
another Gnade which blocks the mental pathways used to fire the spell.

SiL ..:..

seraphian
27-07-04, 23:42
I like it, I'd make it disable PA too though, one for realism, too it gives people a reason to make non-PA dependant character setups, another way to break up the cookie cutter effect.

You can be super-powerful with the PA, but risk losing your armor or at least the bonus (keeping the penalties of hte armor of course, just removing the positive bonuses) or you can spec to fight without it...

I don't think they would be overused, if you pop a few EMP at an OP war, all of a sudden none of your own tanks can pull their CSes, and your HL spies are helpless...

they'd also give a great equalizer to small OP teams, grab your PEs and your gats , spam some EMP and knock them down to size a bit.

notneo
28-07-04, 13:03
it would have to be a rare ,bp able ,short term and resistable or it would alter game balance to much

JPH
28-07-04, 13:12
Yeah, sounds good. We need more weapons and items popping into the game every so often. Maybe make it a Rare itself?

Rai Wong
28-07-04, 14:28
wouldn't an emp just pwn in neocron. I mean lol PA dissapears, all implants stop working, tech guns stop working, shields get torn off, no more stealth, no more hack....now comes to the uzi gun newbie...

still the main idea is good, but I imagine a vein ripper tank, holding 7 of those in his QB.

garyu69
28-07-04, 14:41
I like it.
I hope it would be able to be used by my Low Tech PE :)

Richard Slade
28-07-04, 18:01
I can already hear the mob-o-nerf coming for it
They're angry
They scream "Overpowered overpowered!!"
I don't think it will work

seraphian
28-07-04, 18:20
I think it would work...

first of all, he said like a 5-10 second cutout, so it's not like it would permenently disable things, second, EMP would not fry implants, anything that's hardwired to your body would be mostly biotechnical not purely electrical. third, I would add a 'EMP sponge' mod for guns to allow you to resist its effects, and even most of the better melee weapons (Devil's Grace, Soulblade) would go down...

Archeus
28-07-04, 18:50
It should effect weapons only. That way the person can carry a non-tech backup weapon if they still wish to fight.

greendonkeyuk
28-07-04, 18:58
Of you could jus use a monk 8|

If each class had access to a non-affected weapon then id agree. It should also knock out spells (offensive ones at least) or introduce a 2nd type of grenade specifically aimed at beating psi-users.

Rai Wong
28-07-04, 22:22
indeed jeez monks are already uber as they are, you wanna start a civil war? I think emp grenades should rip shields off, but as I said melee tanks would be too powerfull.

seraphian
29-07-04, 06:19
shielding is WAY overused in OP wars, I'm in favor of anything that keeps a PPU + anyone halfway descent at PvP == OP war win,

how about a grenade that takes out all foriegncast (SP?) buffs in a wide radius for a duration (30 seconds?)

Magic Sausage
29-07-04, 07:26
Perhaps it could give like 5% Synaptic Impairment?

That would diable a WHOLE lot of thing if the person is using stuff he is barley able too.

Richard Slade
29-07-04, 09:03
Perhaps it could give like 5% Synaptic Impairment?

That would diable a WHOLE lot of thing if the person is using stuff he is barley able too.

Which he won't be since he knows that the pinapple will do that shit to him