PDA

View Full Version : Minority stats

GIJ0e
27-07-04, 19:47
have recently come back to the game after a few months and am reminded again of one of the illogical things still in the game. Minority stats, e.g psi on tanks and spies and dex on monks. there is no practical way atm to level these (sensibly, missions are a real timesink pain in the arse). so my suggestions are

1, make minority stats gain xp at a low rate, something like 2 xp for every 1000 major skill xp or something (just a suggestion i havent done the maths)

2, make minority stats gain xp relevant to whatever other class is in team, for example if you were a spy and teamed with an apu, you'd gain psi xp, if teamed with a tank and an apu you'd gain str and psi etc (at what rate would need deciding though)

i cant see this having a major affect on PVP or the game in general, it just means that spies dont have to do tonnes of missions to cap psi and monks dont have to try and rush to use the latest "exploit" to try and get some semblance of dex xp.

please vote and rate. i cant see any reason why people would be against this, but there are argumentitive gits everywhere these days :D so if you disagree please dont just post "omg!!! kos kos!!! n00b stfu!!!" at least try and justify your opinion.

cheers for reading.

THE_TICK!!!!
27-07-04, 19:54
hey man those ideas ARE good..i just think that leveling is FAIRLY easy as it is...i know its annoying and whatnot to level the non primary skills..but imo it weeds out the people that are lazy and want to stand in plaza and the ones who want to make there char the best..so i say leave em as is

GIJ0e
27-07-04, 19:58
i see what you are saying and i appreciate it, problem is the current system kind of punishes people who may only play an hour or so a day. plus to be PVP viable you'd still have to put all the work into capping primary stats (or close to)

GIJ0e
27-07-04, 23:18
vote damn you all!!! not that its going to change much. but i'll feel more justified about moaning at the tedium of levelling my n00b monk characters dex

Doc Holliday
27-07-04, 23:40
what hes trying to say is u would level like a pe but at a reduced rate. its perfect in my honest opinion. at the moment i think a very very tiny team gain is in place in terms of xp but an increase to balance the classes even if it was just 5% WOULD please alot of people im sure. that way monks can cap dex the same time they cap int. :o

Tomalak
27-07-04, 23:49
That would really help out on Saturn right now :(
Good idea

greendonkeyuk
28-07-04, 00:06
i dont see how anyone can disagree.

evs
28-07-04, 02:23
yeah good idea tbh

something needs sorting :)

jernau
28-07-04, 03:14
Idea 1 is fine.
Idea 2 would be way to exloitable.

@Tomalak - Why Saturn specifically?

Freaky Fryd
28-07-04, 03:17
I think idea 2 is already in effect a bit...
Depending on the team, I'd gain DEX on my PPU while keeping a cave team alive...
As well, I seem to get better INT experience with certain team make ups... (like more spies)

notneo
28-07-04, 12:59
exploitable
but idea 2 would fit game mechanics better i think ,you would also have to choose your teams more carefully,of course teaming with a capped anything would be pointless

ezza
28-07-04, 13:57
@Tomalak - Why Saturn specifically?
cos we cant do missions atm perhaps

jernau
28-07-04, 16:17
cos we cant do missions atm perhaps
Aha - good point. :o

THE_TICK!!!!
28-07-04, 18:53
ok ok you won me over !!:D i agree totally wholeheartedly ...ill give MJ a call on my cell and we will get this sorted :P (the cell thing is a blatant lie..but the other part is gospel ) good post good ideas go with it

GIJ0e
28-07-04, 20:19
i love you all!!

group hug!

:D

GIJ0e
31-07-04, 15:04
rofl some guy just ran past my house shouting "bump"

¬_¬

Freaky Fryd
31-07-04, 15:19
Did he say anything that sounded like "double-poster!!" ??
;)

..i..DemonX
31-07-04, 15:24
I realy hope somthing changes here soon! I mean my Spy got still PSI level 1 but DEX 93! There is i think no reason why there should not be at least a lil XP Gain for those stats! So PLS KK do something at least in NC2!
But as well pls dont make it Exploitable so u have to deactivate it again for 2 yeahrs be4 u able to fix it :wtf:

ichinin
31-07-04, 15:38
Idea 2, sucks haveing to do 5 billion aggie missions to cap PSI as a spy.

( Btw; GIJ0e, your helicopters fall from the sky, like broken birds :D )