PDA

View Full Version : NeoLauncher PRO info/FAQ/more...

BramTops
27-07-04, 16:11
http://www.creitive.com/neocron/webcomps/neosplash.jpg

For some reason NeoLauncher PRO still confuses some people, seeing the posts i see and the mails i receive. Therefore this small and simple list of a few facts about NeoLauncher PRO (short: NLPro or simply NLP):

NLPro:
- is a collection of plug-ins/add-ons for Neocron (called features). An overview can be found here (http://www.creitive.com/neocron).
- 's features include new graphics, sounds and nifty scripts.
- allows you to add/remove every single feature at any time.
- is approved by KK (they dont give support though obviously).
- uses ItemGFX for some (not all!) of it's features.
- resets you \gfx folder - so dont store files there.
- may not work on your system, but 99% of all errors come from ItemGFX or it's related features.
- has a "safe mode"-installation option that excludes ItemGFX and all related features.
- can be 100% fully uninstalled - at any time (not when NC is running though :rolleyes:).
- can actually be used to repair your NC installation (simply install/uninstall).
- is "on hold" until NC2 is released, but will continue if possible. Hotfixes excluded.
- contains some 4th (?) party tools (like RPLE and SkillManager). Dont bother me about problems with these tools... ;)
- is not considered exploiting/cheating.
- should be installed AFTER you patched your installation to version 200!
- does not ever give out your personal information.
- can not -in any way- be used to hack your account!
- can be used to put your online status in your signature.
- is completly free! *

Some other stupid facts:
- NLPro is being used activly by thousands of runnes (see my sig) + ~1000 inactive accounts.
- the installerscript (NSIS) allone already has over 1200 lines of code.
- dont get me started about the NLpro launcher website ;)
- NLPro has been in development for well over a year now.
- NLPro is mostly powered by Bavaria/Dommelsch/Davidoff.
- My GF calls it NLAma (like "amateur") coz she hates it when i work on it.... :rolleyes:
- The installer downloads have generated so much traffic that most of my mirrors cant handle the traffic :(
- The PSI icons/graphics you all see in retail now were originally created for NLPro

And uhm:
- It can be downloaded from here: http://www.creITive.com/neocron

If you got some of your own or if you still have questions: feel free to post!

* i only ask that you ppl rate the NLpro threads - gives us at least *some* satisfaction ;)

Mumblyfish
27-07-04, 16:15
Any word on a new version, The Bram? I can't get enough NLPro in my diet.

Five stars, plus rep. Just because you rock with your cock out.

BramTops
27-07-04, 16:27
Oh and PS: I'm willing to do the launcherwebsite for NC2 if they ask nicely (and i dont have to rock with my cock out 8| )... hehehehe

Sakletare
27-07-04, 16:44
Yes, give the man +rep. :)

P4mp3rk3
27-07-04, 17:14
Any word on a new version, The Bram? I can't get enough NLPro in my diet.

NLPro:
- is "on hold" until NC2 is released, but will continue if possible. Hotfixes excluded. hehehe I love being a smartass

Mumblyfish
27-07-04, 17:40
hehehe I love being a smartass
*Stab*

.hack//sign
27-07-04, 17:42
+rep 5 stars :p

*edit* ahh hell +rep all around

Papst
27-07-04, 17:47
that software is a must have , kk should give you a job m8.

El_MUERkO
27-07-04, 18:02
Bram stopping this would would be akin to planetjumpgate shutting down and what that did to the already dying jumpgate community.

/Muerko gives Bram a 'Top Bloke' award and offers to pay for new improved GF who is more understanding of NC :angel:

Original monk
27-07-04, 19:20
that software is a must have , kk should give you a job m8.

you take the words right outta my mouth

+rep +rating to NLpro

BramTops
27-07-04, 19:28
Thanks for these words guys... I'm feeling al light and dwoozy in my head (or is that something else?)... ;)

Anyways, I'm out to enjoy the sunset with a couply of friends. Something I can't give you with NLpro... O_o

And I'm AFK from august 1 to 15 for my holiday (@ sea) with the Miss... just so you know..

Keep up the works and.. children.. please.. dont do anything i have done.

Regards,

Tha B

-FN-
27-07-04, 19:57
Why doesn't it do the awesome stretch to full-screen but still show the taskbar that neofrag did as a plugin to NNL :(

I'm still waiting on that feature and it's killing me.

BramTops
28-07-04, 02:11
Ive heard of that feature, but haven't really looked into it coz it was temp anyway... sorry. It may come back with NC2 or a pre-NC2-update of NLPro...

*cough*

it will come... soon(tm) :p

System
28-07-04, 05:02
I get an error when trying to run Skill Manager, says this

Class Not Registered
You need the following file to be installed on your Machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL

I see the file in the Skill folder, I've tried moving it to System32 but still nothing. So where does it go.... ?

Maarten
28-07-04, 10:20
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=104609

Try the search first next time... :)

Spikadelia
28-07-04, 11:14
I have never seen my underwear so white since I started using Neolauncher PRO.................. in fact I haven't seen my underwear.......... it's so damn sexy I now play nekkid. 8| 8| 8|

Napalm82
28-07-04, 14:50
5 Stars and a butt load of wub

funkeymonkey
28-07-04, 14:53
It seems to make my client crash a lot more than it usted to. Though i did install the custom graphics. Would uninstalling it then reinstalling it without the item gfx sort out my problem?

BramTops
30-07-04, 17:16
It seems to make my client crash a lot more than it usted to. Though i did install the custom graphics. Would uninstalling it then reinstalling it without the item gfx sort out my problem?
Perhaps. Like i mentioned in my first post ItemGFX (and it's related features) are the features that can cause problems on some systems.

You dont have to uninstall though, you can just run the setup that is located in your Neocron folder and deselect the features you dont want (or select "Safe-mode" from the dropdown menu).

Uninstalling first would NOT be any different (the "setup" uninstalls everything anyway before installing the new set of selected features).

MjukisDjur
30-07-04, 18:21
how do I make neocron run the chatlogger lua if I dont want the whole package? The readme was a bit thin :)

Regards
Mjukis

BramTops
31-07-04, 13:23
Select "custom" installation type when installing, select the chatlogger and make sure everything else has been unchecked (note that ItemGFX also needs to be installed with the chatlogger - that's why you cant unselect it). Then press next a few times and you are done...

MjukisDjur
01-08-04, 11:39
Ah so I can not get rid of nlpro and just install the chatlogger since nlpro exec the scripts? NLpro raised my crashes a lot last time so im a bit afraid of it :)

Maarten
02-08-04, 00:02
The only thing that can increase the amount of crashes is ItemGFX, all other non-ItemGFX related features are simply files put in the right place.

Unfortunately, the chatlogger is a lua script which is executed by ItemGFX. You can't have the chatlogger without installing ItemGFX.

And of course you can't install NL Pro without installing the new launcher website. But let's be honest, who prefers the old one over the new one? ;)

Cerbious
11-08-04, 01:01
erm quick question, i know this a old post but it is relevent with NCPro lancher...

someone recently said to me u can use media player with it, is this ture and if so how do i set it up.

Thxs for n e help, Cerb

BramTops
18-08-04, 12:06
Hi there!

I just got back from my vacation - so please dont consider this a bump.... ;)

I think you mean the winamp controls... if they can be used with mediaplayer...? uhm.. never heard of it, but if mediaplayer somehow (with some kind of plug-in or something) can mimic the winamp GDI (or something) interface it should be possible.... in theory.

Cerbious
18-08-04, 12:35
too much for me to handle but thxs for the reply n e way :d

Andhrimnir
05-10-04, 15:37
Whats about a new version of Neolauncher Pro? Is it in work? :)

Capt. Rik
05-10-04, 15:44
Whats about a new version of Neolauncher Pro? Is it in work? :)
Bumping is bad 8|

KK have said nobody is allowed to produce any programs that modify any part of NC2 unless said person gets express permission from KK

GosuSmurf
05-10-04, 17:41
they should give NLpro permission to release a version for NC2.. if Bram wants to make one tho :P

Birkoff
05-10-04, 17:43
I agree TBH.

Tratos
05-10-04, 17:50
I dont know if Bram, Maarten and MightyMax are around anymore to provide the service even if they did get permission :(

But i deffinetly think if they are around/come back they should get the production of NC2LPro going :)

Jesterthegreat
05-10-04, 17:52
think they all quit

Vithar
05-10-04, 19:34
Please do not bump old threads.

Also, as has already been said:

Neocron2 : Beyond Dome of York may not be modified in any way without written consent of Reakktor Media. Doing so without approval will result in a permanent ban.

Using modified files that are not approved by Reakktor Media is also a bannable offence!The only files you may alter are the regularly modifiable .ini files.

Please keep this in mind.

Thread closed.

V