PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Neocron files deleting themselves....

Opar
27-07-04, 15:21
Well, basiclly, as of yesterday/day before, files in my Neocron directory have been deleting themselves.

It started when I started runnign 2 clients at once again, last time I did so, there were no problems. But basiclly, it started with Engine.dll deleting itself, then moved on to worlds/dungeons etc. like Caves, Plaza 1 and so on. Just running ANOTHER file check, (fifth time today), and it would appear there are 6 Model files that have been deleted, and a further 9 world files have been deleted, so basiclly I cant go in any of those zones until I download these damn files. And each model file takes like a minute to download, each world file about 5 minutes each, you get the idea. This is happening to both clients, even when they are not running together.

Any solutions? I've run Spybot S & D, Anti-virus etc., but to no avail.

EDIT : OMFG, 1111 posts. I rule. :p

BramTops
27-07-04, 15:26
Re-install and use NLpro :D

Opar
27-07-04, 15:28
Re-install and use NLpro :D

Already using NLPro mate, tis teh sex, to be honest :p

ezza
27-07-04, 15:37
Already using NLPro mate, tis teh sex, to be honest :p
or perhaps NLPro is deleting them :eek:

:p

and ya no help to you watsoever

Nidhogg
27-07-04, 15:49
Well you know how we feel about running multiple clients, but I'm not aware of any problems like this being reported with multiple clients in the past. Have you virus checked?

N

Mumblyfish
27-07-04, 15:51
Have you virus checked?

Any solutions? I've run Spybot S & D, Anti-virus etc., but to no avail.

Oh, Niddhogg. You big silly bear. :angel:

Try reinstalling first. I run up to three clients at one time and have never had this problem. If it persists, give your computer a run-through with more than one virus checker.

Possessed
27-07-04, 16:01
[ edited ]

hinch
27-07-04, 16:07
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
27-07-04, 16:14
Do I have to start temp banning people before you quit spamming? It stops, now.

N

Archeus
27-07-04, 16:28
Are you running dual accounts off the same client or you have two copies of NC?

I have run two copies of NC at the same time (different directories) and haven't seen that problem. I have seen graphic corruption and general laggyness from it though.

not sure if that helps.

Opar
27-07-04, 16:32
I have 2 installs of Neocron....

Anyway, reinstalled now, fingers crossed...

Aaaah, Gotta love this. Now its coming up with some 'CHECKSUM ERRORS' or something, I'll just keep trying to patch and see what happens......

Opar
27-07-04, 16:39
Oh this is nice..... now it's trying to download a file called 'actionmod.def'.....

*sigh*

Screw it, I'll go get some more anti-virus shiznitz, see you all in a few mins...

rob444
27-07-04, 16:48
Hehe, maybe there is a problem with the harddrive or something? :P

Opar
27-07-04, 16:51
Hehe, maybe there is a problem with the harddrive or something? :P

God forbid...

*bangs head on wall*

rob444
27-07-04, 16:57
Well it does sound like a harddrive problem hehe, deadlocks.

edit: does your harddrive do these 'clicky' sounds sometimes?

Opar
27-07-04, 18:58
Well it does sound like a harddrive problem hehe, deadlocks.

edit: does your harddrive do these 'clicky' sounds sometimes?

Nah, anyway, reinstalled, downloaded all the patches fresh from the FTP, and im patching it up (again) now, and no error messages yet.

Jest
27-07-04, 19:01
Lol. Neocron is deleting itself? Oh man, there is so much potential for humor in that situation that I don't even know where to begin. :lol:

Opar
27-07-04, 19:15
Lol. Neocron is deleting itself? Oh man, there is so much potential for humor in that situation that I don't even know where to begin. :lol:

Feel free :P

I'VE FIXED IT!!!! WOOOOOTT!!! Well, I say FIXED, I've reinstalled it all, not played yet :p

EDIT : Oh yeah, gimme +rep for fixing my Neocron!

EDIT2 : OH FFS!!!! Just file checking my CLEAN INSTALL of Neocron, AND THE FUCKING FILES THAT I REINSTALLED FOR ARE MISSING..... WTFFFFF..........

rob444
27-07-04, 19:43
I can only see 2 possible things that can cause this:

Virus: Hooks a WinAPI and deletes the file(s) from there. Or simply a third party program that likes to delete random files :P

Bad Harddrive: Corrupt(Damaged) blocks which makes the file(s) not to appear.

Opar
28-07-04, 23:27
ffs, still deleting themselves :\

Looks like it might be the hard drive suggestion :confused:

Juht
29-07-04, 00:22
Which Windows? How old is this Windows installation?

Do you notice any other application / games having disk access problems, other files corrupted / missing, etc?

Have you done scandisk / chkdsk?

LiL T
29-07-04, 00:36
Oh dear god Reformat start again :(

SPIKE (pluto)
29-07-04, 00:54
Im having a few problems too atm, everytime i load neocron i have to download a new client and nlsp for some reason

btw while we're on the subject of problems, formating a drive with nc on it in the method which keeps drivers completley screws nc and makes it 100% unplayable so if u plan to do that soon make sure u do a complete format, just a friendly notice there :p

Opar
29-07-04, 09:15
I'm pretty sure I have Windows XP, SP1 installed...

Oh well. Looks like a full format might be the way to go.... Dear God.