PDA

View Full Version : Please make HCK viable for leveling with DoY

phunqe
27-07-04, 14:05
As it is now, you cannot level by hacking only.

When BDoY comes it would be really cool if you could actually level intelligence with hacking.

What I'm after is that really cool cyberpunk feeling. If I were a noob and saw hacknet I would go "omfg I must create a spy which is totally devoted to hacking".
I'm after that feeling "Even at birth, he was talented with extraordinary intellect and it was soon very clear what he has been brought on to this earth for".
What I want i to be able to be a hacker from birth. From day 1. Leveling intelligence completely on hacking.
Of course, reaching higher levels you would need a team so you can hack doy bots, storms etc. But it would still be completely within context.

Furthermore he would have an excellent repair skill which will make him level dexterity.

He would hack what noone even dares to hack.
He would repair vehicles while noone is watching.
He would just stealth past you in combat and repair your degraded equipment.
(Bear with me for the feeling here :p).
He's a ghost, both in hacknet and in the real world.
He's the coolest spy around.

Tratos
27-07-04, 14:17
Pure Hack lvling would be very cool indeed, it could start from hack missions where one would have to hack into computer next works of the corporations and download data to datacube and then give to the respective person, then once he is able could then hack and jack into hacknet and then lvl from the "mobs" fire walls security systems etc.

It would be very cool and would give a new class of spy, from Rifle Spy to Pistol Spy to Drone Spy to Hack Spy it would be very interesting.

phunqe
27-07-04, 14:19
Yeah I missed the missions part... You should be able to level on that completely if you want... Hacknet missions and also more "regular" hacking missions :)

EDIT: Leveling all other skills would actually be optional for this spy. I mean if hacknet is vast and will evolve further, this spy could live and breathe hacknet. No other skill leveling would be necessary :)
The initial skills you can put in ATH/AGL would be enough, just to stretch your legs :p

Dribble Joy
27-07-04, 14:30
I have a 'pure' hacker in my clan, he mostly lvls off boxes and belts ( :P ), and one day I took him out for WB hunting, I kill, he hacked.
He was only 8/18, but still he only got 20 xp per WB he hacked.

Obviously hacnet should provide better hack lvling, but the other aspects of hacking need to be sorted.

Opar
27-07-04, 14:42
Tbh, I thought hacknet was gonna have a very 'console' feel. Ya know, like MS-DOS but cooler :p That woudl be pretty leet, you just use your HomeTerm to remotley hack stuff to level. Helping your friends get through buildings by hacking doors and what not.

Mr_Snow
27-07-04, 18:48
I got the impression that in hacknet you get exp for bypassing security measures and such so it should be viable to level in there.