PDA

View Full Version : If BDoY includes a fresh server, would you go?

Richard Slade
27-07-04, 10:18
Well it's just a quick check here,
as we know, chars will be saved, but we dunno about items
personally I'd like to see a new fresh and unused server.
But what if we could keep all our stuff
OR go to a new server.. What would YOU do?

LTA
27-07-04, 10:45
Nah..

i am staying on Venus where it goes, if they have a venus doy that's where i will be cuz

AD> kk

fair does kk make the game etc but ad set the standards of gm'in

enigma_b17
27-07-04, 10:51
if they do an item wipe i dont think id hang around. Most people ave spent the best part of a year and a good bit gathering items and money etc, and to make us them start all over again would just be an insult. I know personally that I wouldnt ave the time to go gathering all that stuff back again as i will be back full time in college again, so if thers an item wipe for doy i prob wont be going, just my opinion.

in answer to your question, id rather keep all my stuff thx :)

Vampire_Reaver
27-07-04, 11:04
I would ofc like to see somewhere to split this to everyones pleasure, some servers totally clean and some where you can move your old chars and items too.. I would prolly run over to the totally fresh wiped server and start all over again :) its part of the fun for my part.. :D

tiikeri
27-07-04, 11:09
FREZZZZZH...

That + FRE free and better netcode is almost all i would like to see :)

IceStorm
27-07-04, 11:11
I'll stay if there's an item/money wipe (since MJS said our chars will be preserved), but I'll be dammed if I'm gonna recap my Spy again. I'll stay on Pluto with my Spy, PE, and Monk.

Ascension
27-07-04, 11:14
Although ive worked hard getting my stuff and capping my chars, i have to admit. I wouldnt mind starting on a fresh server with everyone starting fresh.
Meaning no rediculous Market prices, no overcapped chars, illegal items etc.

So i'll proberly start fresh. But im on Holiday till the 6th of September :(

Genty
27-07-04, 12:01
I think without a doubt I would be drawn to a new server. I remember the race to level on Venus when that was opened, 4 tanks attempted to gank my slightly higher ranking PE (or was it spy?) and I killed them all. Which was rather exciting PvP at rank /20 or something like that. I think I dropped out of venus at around /35 - /40. Due to feeling a little guilty for playing on a server I really was not supposed to, so i left it for the French to get to grips with the game.

Maarten
28-07-04, 01:26
I would start a new char on the fresh server and keep playing on Uranus...

BramTops
28-07-04, 02:18
New chars for everyone -> new economy (assuming it's fixed with nc2) -> better gameplay -> more fun!

although it looks like a waste of time a server-wipe of everything (money/items) except players levels will bring a *LOT* of fun back into this game. KK knows this but is hesitating coz of all the morons out there screaming that they'll leave if they'll lose their *precious* xxx....

If, and only *IF*, NC2 has a very much improved economy- and itemsystem i'm all for a complete server wipe - dont care how much they wipe; the more the better!

Mumblyfish
28-07-04, 02:20
No. My character represents two years of work - I'd never restart for the world. A lot of memories are in that one character slot...

Marx
28-07-04, 02:21
No. My character represents two years of work - I'd never restart for the world. A lot of memories are in that one character slot...
Dido.

BramTops
28-07-04, 02:22
Do you remember that feeling? Those memories?

What if you could reLIVE all those memories again? But only better....

Think about it... sticking to the past will only keep this game back from becoming what it should be.

Lexxuk
28-07-04, 02:24

dildo

I agree, your char is the essence of all your hard work, all those hours you spend in plaza 1 sexing people, all the blood spilt over the floor *sigh*

I'd probably start on a new server for giggles though, but Pluto will always be my home

cRazy2003
28-07-04, 02:31
if they do an item wipe, im going, it would be impossible to function

'right i need a rare weapon to go fight with, oh wait i dont even have a weapon to fight with, i'll have to go get a newb one from the A&W and get it remade a few times for slots, oh wait, there airnt any consters or ressers who actually have tools to do it anymore'

mayhem :p

Mr_Snow
28-07-04, 02:35
Id probably go there for the laugh for the first few weeks then back home to venus where I can understand anybody.

Crono
28-07-04, 03:22
New chars for everyone -> new economy (assuming it's fixed with nc2) -> better gameplay -> more fun!

although it looks like a waste of time a server-wipe of everything (money/items) except players levels will bring a *LOT* of fun back into this game. KK knows this but is hesitating coz of all the morons out there screaming that they'll leave if they'll lose their *precious* xxx....

If, and only *IF*, NC2 has a very much improved economy- and itemsystem i'm all for a complete server wipe - dont care how much they wipe; the more the better!

Why are they morons?

I mean wtf did everyone pay to play this shit for? Not to burst no ones bubbles but Hunting the samed mob a few thousand times due to lack of any sort of variety for parts to weapons, and MC5 is far far far far far from any sort of resembelance of Fun. It was strictly for the items, so its not like we payed and played for the pleasure of getting to play and do that.

Is anyone really looking foward to the the bullshit of MC5 all over again, but now it will be packed?

I would acually liek a partial wipe where u could keep your equeped items (implants and armor you have on, and your QB) and the rest gets wiped. that wont hurt a new economy (since u have just what u need to be playable, no stockpiles of spares) there will be no excess. But u get to pick the best of what you worked for. Losing spares of slightly crappier items then what your using wont really hiurt anyone, but losing your main items that you payed to WORK for (my real job is more fun then MC5) is no fun at al.

Anyone for a FULL wipe and not that sort of partial wipe, id have to question their real intentions, because it cant be the economy, since all tradeskillers wont help anyone for the first few weeks as they re get their main equip. Wich will also drive off new players since there will only be newb tradeskillers.

A Fresh server? Shure go for it, but i dont see why, everytime the economy gets a bit bad mae another server ionstead of figuring out how to fix it? Th fact that people want to have some lvling race shouldnt be taken into consideration, because a year from now they gonna do it again when everyone wants a fresh start again? Thats more of a whim and not a real reason. The economy is, but it will be back to the way it is not. They havent fixed all bugs, like exploiting cant happen on new servers with items.

I vote for partial wipe and way to fix the damed economy through money sinks, not burning your mistakes.

-Crono

Prankster26193
28-07-04, 04:31
Yes, I dont want to start a noob with everyone else pwning my ass. I would go.

-FN-
28-07-04, 04:46
Yes all the way.

Fresh server = Fresh Database = Less Items = More Stability

in IT theory ;)

Shujin
28-07-04, 05:07
Yes all the way.

Fresh server = Fresh Database = Less Items = More Stability

in IT theory ;)
Fresh server = Fresh Database = Less Items = Less Money = Better economy = Better game

40$Poser
28-07-04, 07:19

Think about it... sticking to the past will only keep this game back from becoming what it should be.

I would probably make at least a char on a server like this, but the thing is, when you know the game mechanics and so forth, it's hard to reLIVE the great time you had when you first began neocron. It most likely won't be as good...

1st time ever: OH MY GOD SEWER RAT ALMOST KILLED ME

2nd time: meh, stupid rats... what a mock

oh well, might be fun for some, never know till ya try.

TheGreatMilenko
28-07-04, 08:36
id love it
but it would all be a race to who can cap first ;)
PE would be the easiest to start because they could pick up a little res/cst here and there then drop it later

TheGreatMilenko
28-07-04, 08:39
yes i do but only way to do that is to delete memory from your mind starting new wouldnt bring any memory back besides GODAMN THIS IS BORING

Crono
28-07-04, 08:40

Ah the memories... Wait what?

All the good memories were from when i was a noob. ive rerolled tons of times, once the magic os gone its gone, rerolling doesnt help or let u relive anything. All the memories to relive? i have hard time finding fond memopries between the thousands of mobs we have to kill for decent equipmint. Oh those fond memories? :P
And better u say? I almost cant wait ><

Fix the servers dont make a new one, it is a tempo fix it doesnt make any sence since it will be just like it in a few months.

-Crono

Clownst0pper
28-07-04, 08:49
5 Mc5 Chips
5 Fully Capped Characters
Cash
Rares
Reputation..

Reputation..

Reputation.. Whether good or bad, everyone has one, and Ive worked hard to get mine (lexxy go away with ur jibes :lol: ;) ) and im sure everyone else has.

The rest is replaceable, but reputation takes years, which is what we dont have :rolleyes:

Maarten
28-07-04, 10:19
I don't care what they do. I'll stay anyway...

LTA
28-07-04, 10:41

Ahh so because i disagree with your opinion i am a moron.....
It will bring back lots of fun to who? ahh you few who want the wipe, it takes the fun away for me, fun for n00bs? it's gonna be fun for them anyway it's a new scene a ne wgame etc, but... infact whats the points,

You call us selfish for not wanting a wipe but imo your equally as selfish for wanting a complete wipe...
How about some kinda comprimise that suites both sides of this argument rather that Your a moron for not wanting it...

I will never be able to relive my memories, my clan left, things are the same reptitive shizzle... they are just that memories.

Richard Slade
28-07-04, 10:44
Once again: I'm yet to see the day that a sequel to a game includes the old chars (MMO's that is :p)
And YES NC2:BDoY is a sequel and not an expansion. Accept the fact.

solling
28-07-04, 13:43
i gotta say i dont know
i liek the no items and no money more stability thing but my monk is currently int 97 and to be honest i dont want to lvl yet another char to that lvl
i have lvled sooooooooooooooo much in my 2 years in nc and im tired of it

maybee with a whole new server it will be diff i dont know

but i dont think so it will be the same old lvling threadmill i have gone thro 15+ times
so i really done know yet

El_MUERkO
28-07-04, 14:02
I'll go where ever SXR go with my pluto char, I'll put my other runners on servers depending on whos going to them.

I'd definitely like to start a fresh runner on a brand spanking new server where everyone would be PKing eachother at low levels and stuff, it'd be bags of fun :D

Marx
28-07-04, 18:31
Fresh server = Fresh Database = Less Items = Less Money = Better economy = Better game
Maybe in the beginning. Current servers started that way too...

;=

Shujin
28-07-04, 18:36
Maybe in the beginning. Current servers started that way too...

;=
well current servers have been up for a long time now and have seen amny many exploits but they now have serverside checks and most if not all exploits to get items / money have been fixxed

El_MUERkO
28-07-04, 18:39
Were the servers wiped at the end of beta 4? I cant even remember at this stage, I didnt start retail till the January after.

Kaden
28-07-04, 18:40
if they do an item wipe, im going, it would be impossible to function

'right i need a rare weapon to go fight with, oh wait i dont even have a weapon to fight with, i'll have to go get a newb one from the A&W and get it remade a few times for slots, oh wait, there airnt any consters or ressers who actually have tools to do it anymore'

mayhem :p

This is not true, how do you think we started at retail beggining?

It will be a hard slog, but it would be better in the longrun.

Shujin
28-07-04, 18:46
Were the servers wiped at the end of beta 4? I cant even remember at this stage, I didnt start retail till the January after.
yes O_o, because the beta had assloads of exploited items and money... i knew people with an unlimited supply of slot enhancers ( Blastah Master crackhead clan on Neptune ) and over a billion credits...

Possessed
28-07-04, 19:05
I'd give it a go... whether I stay or not depends on a lot of things.

Valmur
28-07-04, 19:06
I'd never leave Pluto... At least for now.

Marx
28-07-04, 19:07
well current servers have been up for a long time now and have seen amny many exploits but they now have serverside checks and most if not all exploits to get items / money have been fixxedBut its still easy as hell to make money. It doesn't go anywhere once you already have everything you need. Granted, it will take longer for the server to get to the point we're at now - but it will happen.

Unless of course other methods are introduced to keep money and items in circulation.

Ravin
28-07-04, 19:43
Sry for the long post, i dont post much. look at the link at least if u decide to ignore everything else.

I've been playing this game for about 2 years now. Wiping would mean all the time i spent leveling all my chars, killing wb's, firemobs, mc5 guards and comms; days and days and weeks and weeks and months of straight mind-numbing, irritating, point-and-click mob-killing, just so i could eventually compete in pvp with other players (which is what the game is about in the long run)

Wtf did i waste my time for? Starting anew won't be fun for anyone who's done it before, and with all the other games coming out at about the same time as the expansion (read: EXPANSION, the 'game' deal is just for advertising purposes) I won't have the patience to do it all over again. I understand how wiping everything would fix the econ situation, but wiping EVERYTHING isnt necessary. Wipe the money, apts and items, but leave whatever ya put in the qb and your implanted imps, and everyone should be happy.

Btw, theres a semi-official post on the German forum about this, which is the reason why i posted in the first place:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=104055

I used google's translator, and it seemed relatively clear. first poll option is for a complete wipe, 2nd for a cash/item wipe but xp untouched, 3rd for a money/item wipe but xp, qb, and imps untouched, etc..

Why do they get an official post about this and we don't? someone mentioned on ooc earlier about there being favoritism to a particular section of the playerbase, and arguing against it gets sorta difficult with examples like this. (not that im suggesting anything)

-j

Shujin
28-07-04, 19:49
about 2-3 months ago mjs said himself that no wipe will take place at all.
that is as official as it gets.
so unless he comes on here and says otherwise i really dont see why people keep starting threads about wipes, he already said one will NOT happen so why why why do people keep whining about a coming wipe when it will NOT happen.

thats like u see'ing a gun with no bullets layin on a table a mile away from you and you sitting there scared as fuck saying "OMG... im going get shot omg omg omg please dont shoot me omg omg"

Ravin
28-07-04, 19:59
b/c they stated that no wipe will happen with the expansion Shuj., but then they made the announcement that bdoy will be marketed as a 'new game' and not an expansion. ppl are worried that the statement doesnt apply. A mod made a poll on what the playerbase wanted in terms of wipe specifics. why would they do that if no wipe was announced? Granted, kk playing word games like that might be a bit silly at first thought, but would you really be -that- surprised?

also theres a possibility that there won't be a wipe in nc, but youll have to start over in nc2, which would be the same thing as a wipe, even though your items are still there.

Marx
28-07-04, 20:18
b/c they stated that no wipe will happen with the expansion Shuj., but then they made the announcement that bdoy will be marketed as a 'new game' and not an expansion.
The marketed as a new game comment came before the wipe comment. So I think its safe to say that it still applies.

Shadow Dancer
28-07-04, 20:48
I don't know. I like the idea of starting on a fresh server, however I can immediately work towards the WoC skills with my capped char on pluto. Choices choices. :o

ezza
28-07-04, 22:18
im about as likely to move to a new server as i am to stay beyond a item wipe

that is to say i wont

-FN-
28-07-04, 22:58
I don't know. I like the idea of starting on a fresh server, however I can immediately work towards the WoC skills with my capped char on pluto. Choices choices. :o

Think of it this way tho - WoC Skills will be like Epics if we don't start fresh. You'll be in NC2 with this capped char - get to work on the WoC Skills, be done in like two weeks and realize - shit, now I have nothing to do again. Building from scratch would be more... occupying.

Shadow Dancer
28-07-04, 23:00
Think of it this way tho - WoC Skills will be like Epics if we don't start fresh. You'll be in NC2 with this capped char - get to work on the WoC Skills, be done in like two weeks and realize - shit, now I have nothing to do again. Building from scratch would be more... occupying.

PvP is very fun for me, that's enough to keep me occupied. The only reason I'm bored these days is because there's about 10 ppl to pvp with on pluto. :o

LTA
28-07-04, 23:01
heh for most here it will be, capped in a week or two, work on epics done it, back to original status in a few more weeks than usual

numb
28-07-04, 23:37
I'd go fresh for sure. I loved it at the start of retail + hopefully there will be many new people to play with.

I never have been that interested in spending ages hording items etc, I find that all a bit boring. I mainly used to (when I spent decent amount of time in game) get the guns I needed by trading and just pvp'd or levelled (if needed). I do have a stack of tech parts with my spy on pluto, but I wouldnt miss them that much if there was a wipe.

Freaky Fryd
29-07-04, 12:59
My character and items are what have made this game fun...
If wanted to just start over, I'd go to a different server and do it - I like my character and my items, and I want to keep them.

ichinin
29-07-04, 13:21
I'd love a fresh server if everyone else was fresh on it too = No NC character imports, Only new characters-server.