PDA

View Full Version : bdoy real ingame screenshots.

Dru Blood
27-07-04, 00:24
ok so beta has apparantly been released, will some mod, gm or what ever please post some actual ingame screen shots for all to see, ya know the new rpos and actual new places the new engine, so far every screen shot has been either doctored or is using the old engine still, why keep everyone in the dark all the time?

Shujin
27-07-04, 00:25
without authorization they cant due to the NDA, and no one can even let you know they are in the beta ;]

phunqe
27-07-04, 02:34
*radio crackle*

Attention... it seems that participants got very friendly after the inital beta celebration and very, very compromising footage is on the loose.
We, at PDPS (Pluto Drom Preservation Society) managed to snatch this one off the air while it was being transmitted to central command for secure storage.

*radio crackle*

END OF COMMUNICATION:::

Shujin
27-07-04, 02:35
*radio crackle*

Attention... it seems that participants got very friendly after the inital beta celebration and very, very compromising footage is on the loose.
We, at PDPS (Pluto Drom Preservation Society) managed to snatch this one off the air while it was being transmitted to central command for secure storage.

*radio crackle*

END OF COMMUNICATION:::0hmahgawd ;0

Praetorian
27-07-04, 02:41
lol and that screenshot is so old as well... :lol:

btw... DEATH TO THE HYBRIDS!

Original monk
27-07-04, 09:07
btw... DEATH TO THE HYBRIDS!

i dont have screenshots myself of the beta (im not in the beta ya see) but i yust wanted to say that death isnt a solution for hybrids :)

ty for youre time

hybrids, the bringers of life (and the ability to take it)

notneo
27-07-04, 09:26
i wpnder how many non german player will actually be picked for beta ?

Richard Slade
27-07-04, 09:42
i wpnder how many non german player will actually be picked for beta ?
Try a random number between 0 and none

Noodle
27-07-04, 09:52
Try a random number between 0 and none

zero?

Richard Slade
27-07-04, 09:53
zero?
Good boy, have a cookie

formori
27-07-04, 10:56
soooo who on here did get into the beta?

Vampire_Reaver
27-07-04, 11:00
prolly noone and even if they got picked they cant say anyways so :rolleyes:

Ramzi
27-07-04, 12:12
Uhh, any other game beta that's had a NDA thing that Ive been involved with never had anything about "you can't say you're in beta omg."

Just the other stuff about not leaking info, screens, etc.

So either someone here is mislead or the NDA is fucking weird?

I'll guess the latter.

Freaky Fryd
27-07-04, 12:19
Hahahaha!
I can believe that screenshot of me is still kicking around...
:p
That's from over a year ago when I actually researched...

For those of you who like first person sexing better, here's an animation I made
from the same occurance...
http://www.psycholights.com/neocron/kajionhead.gif

svenw
27-07-04, 12:20
Try a random number between 0 and none Not very likely, cause at least the englsch GM will have an BDOY account. So it makes some sense that the accounts are distributed evenly between german and english players. That would also guarantee much better use of the servers, cause american have other prime times than european players.

Original monk
27-07-04, 12:22
prolly noone and even if they got picked they cant say anyways so :rolleyes:

but the ones that arent in beta can say that they arent in :) then ya know that everyone who keeps he's mouth is in :)

Richard Slade
27-07-04, 12:25
U gotta be shitting me
I'd say atleast 99% of the accounts went to germany
as KK's main language is German,
and to be most effective timewise,
speaking German would be prefered, no?
And since noone's allowed to say they're in beta,
it's as simple as this: We'll never know, and can't whine.

Good thinking KK, nice strat, since it works :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, think about this: What if YOU, yes, you, only you, were the only one who didn't come in, and noone else can tell you cuz of the risk of getting slapped out if you tell, which you would, since that account would be yours if someone got kicked out....

Shujin
27-07-04, 12:57
Uhh, any other game beta that's had a NDA thing that Ive been involved with never had anything about "you can't say you're in beta omg."

Just the other stuff about not leaking info, screens, etc.

So either someone here is mislead or the NDA is fucking weird?

I'll guess the latter.
"The first wave of beta invitation mails has been sent to selected community members. Please remember that they are bound to a Non-Disclosure-Agreement (NDA). That means they're not allowed to reveal they have been selected."

it depends if they enforce it.

greendonkeyuk
27-07-04, 13:25
Shujin incites anarchy in the name of free speech. god bless shujin :D

RuButt
27-07-04, 14:15
Gay couple kissing in public?

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/RuButt-X_gay_bench.jpg

System
27-07-04, 18:45
All you gotta do is pay attention to see who isnt playing Regularly in Neocron. I know that none of my members were selected because everyone of them have been playing regular NC since its been out.

The only none Germans that would be in it will be GMs. If they are only picking Germans.

Omnituens
27-07-04, 20:10
Good boy, have a cookie

,nMMMMMMb.
.,,,. dP""""MMMMMb
.nMMMMMMMn. `M MMMMMM>
uMMMMMMMMMMMb Mx uMMMMMM . .,,.
MMMMMMP" '"4M.`4MMMMMMMMM' ?J$$$$ccc"=
MMMMMM 4M' "4MMMMP" z$c,"?$c,""$c$h=
"MMMMMb,..,d' hdzc ,cc$$$$$$$$$$L.$c "
`4MMMMMMP" ,$$$$$$c,$$$$$$$$$$$$"?? ,c?$.
,cc,. .,zc$$$$$3?$?$P"? " " " $$$$h`
,c$$$", c$$$$$$$$PP ,$$$$$c
)$$$$$$$P"$$$$$" " $c,"$c/
,cc$$$$$"".d$?? " J$$hc$=
,c" d$$??c=" '!! z$$$$$??
`??-$""? ?" ' . d$$$""$ccc
=`" " " ,d$$$$P $$$"-
d$$h. ,;! ,d$$$$P" .$$$h.
<L$$$$c <!!!!>. !> -$$$$$P zd$$$""$.
" "$" $c ! `!,!'!;,,;!--!!!! `$$P .d$$$$$h $c"
$ d$".`!! `'''`!!!! !!,! $C,d$$$$$$$$.`$-
$."$ ' ,zcc=cc ``'``<;;!!!> $?$$$$$$$$"$$F"
"=" .J,??"" .$",$$$$- '!'!! $<$$$$$$$$h ?$=.
".d$""",chd$$??""""".r > !'.$?$$$$$$$$"=,$cc,
,c$$",c,d$$$"' ,c$$$$$$"'!;!'.$F.$$$$$$$$. $$$."L
d $$$c$$$$$" ,hd$$$$??" z !!`.P' `$$$$$$$?? $$$P ..
,cd J$$$$$$$P',$$$$$$".,c$$" `.d$h h $$$$$$P"?.?$$ ,$$""
c$$' $$$$$$$C,$$$$$$"',$$$P"z $$$$"-$J"$$$$$ ,$$?$F.$L?$$L
,$",J$$$$$$$$$$$$$$" ,$$$C,r" $$$$$$$"z$$$$$$$$$,`,$$"d$$??
.dF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$P" $$$$$$$F.-,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$%d$$F$$$$cc,-
,$( c$$$$$$$$$$$$$$h,c$$$$$$c=".d$$ """',,.. .,.`""?$$$$$$.`?c .
d$$.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P""P" ,c$$$$$c,"=d$$$$$h."$$$c,"$$$$$$. $$c
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P"",c" ,$$$$$$$$$h. `?$$$$$$$$$$P'.""`?$$.3$cr
z$$$$$$$$$ 3?$$$$$$$$$ccc$P ,$$$$$$$$$$$$$h.`"$$$$$$$$$c?$c .`?$$$$c
dd$$"J$$$$$$$P $$$$$$$$F?$$$" .d$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$L.`""???$$$$$$$$$c ?$C?
c$$$$ $$3$$$$$$ `$$$$$h$$P"".. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$??""" ,ccc3$$$$$$$$$ hL`?$C
h$$$$$>`$$$$$$$$$.$$$$$??',c$" $$$$$P)$$$$$P" ,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ "$ ."$
$$$$$$h.$C$$$$$$$$$$$ccc$P"3$$ ,$$$$$ "$$$P" =""',d$$???""',$$$$$$$$ $cc "
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P$$?$$$.,c??",c$$$$$L$J$P" zchd$$$$,ccc$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$3$$$F" c$$$$$$$$$$ ,cc$$$$$$P"""""`"""??$$$$$$$$$$$P/
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$??)$$$JC".d$$4?$$$$$$$$$c .,c=" .,,J$$$$$$$$hc,J$$$$$$$$$$%
$$$$$$$$$$$$"".,c$$$$CF $$$h"d$$$$$$$$$h "',cd$????$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$z
$$$$$$$$$P??"3$$P??$$" ,$$$FJ?$$$$$$$$$$cc,,. ,,. =$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$hc$$$$$r$P"' $$$$."-3$$$$$$$$$$$$$"$"$$$c, ""????$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$3$$$$$$$h.zccc$$ ,$$$$L`,$$$$$$$$$$$$$L,"- $$$$$cc -cc??)$$$$$$$$$$$$

whifix
27-07-04, 20:26
The beta sign up was just a hoax. Really Reactor is tryin to make money now by creating a list of valid email addresses to sell to spamers :p

Dru Blood
27-07-04, 22:02
it really wouldnt suprise me if its all bullshit, no *real screenshots* who makes a game expansion and doesnt release real ingame material onto the web, ya know like screenshots new character faces weapons mobs etc, every other mmorpg has done so far,

i have my suspisions.

Judge
27-07-04, 22:06
Its not an expansion anymore remember.... its a whole new game. :)

Neocron 2. :o

alig
27-07-04, 22:26
I agree with dru blood. It just does'nt happen....i mean if the game really was looking better they would show us that it is. What? are they holding back teh uber engine and graphics so we all drop dead in shock when we do see it?. Dont think so.

You dont see Valve or iD showing half life2/doom3 running on there old engine because they have something else to be proud of and therefore will show what they have created with great pleasure.

Fair enough the screenshots of DoY dont really have to be running the supposed *new* uber graphics :rolleyes: but a promotional motherfucking video running the old engine? its dodgey to say the least.

funkeymonkey
27-07-04, 22:41
dru has got it right. It is a kk conspiricy. None of my cron mates or anybody in Shadow is in the beta.

I think they will put the date back again come sept, try to milk the rest of the hangers on then when the majority of the players have given up and cancelled their accounts so they are no longer making any profit because of the server costs, kk will then disapear!

Seven
27-07-04, 22:56
Heh, I doubt it's all a "hoax". :wtf:

KK has a way of doing things, most of you should know that by now.
I myself have had at it with KK and MJS, but I'm still here in good faith with my 2 active accounts since retail even though I haven't been playing much this entire year.

KK does things their way, doesn't matter what polls say, doesn't matter how many people vote, in the end they do what they want when they want and throw us a bone once in a while.

I myself would like them to be a bit more forthcoming with their customers, but I've gotten used to how they work.

I just hope they got a good jump on it this time around and dedicated testers.

funkeymonkey
28-07-04, 00:39
i bet mjs has shat himself now that were on to him.

Richard Slade
28-07-04, 00:42
The beta sign up was just a hoax. Really Reactor is tryin to make money now by creating a list of valid email addresses to sell to spamers :p

wtf..?!
NOOB
u should be banned for misspelling a thing like THAT

funkeymonkey
28-07-04, 00:43
so what he spelt a company name a bit wrong.

Tratos
28-07-04, 00:58
Everyone that says "NC2 is a hoax omg KK are liying to us omg omg they just trying to get money of us" should really go sit in a dark corner in a dark dark room and be quiet, i take it the developers just went HEY WHY NOT MAKE A BUNCH OF STUFF LIKE NEW APP ITEMS DO SOME CHAR REMODLING HEY WE'LL EVEN RELEASE A TRAILER OF SOME OF IT, JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT? i doubt it, people who say NC2 is a hoax should just go away, i may sound like a fanboi but lets be honest everything ive stated is fact, yeah Fact oh no what a scarey word.

Neocron 2 may not arrive to us by September 1st 2004 but you cant say it isnt coming at all and you cant say the developers arnt doing anything, as they are and have been and there is plenty of evidence around to prove it and lets face it the fact this time round we have a trailer, website coverage contests for beta accounts we have had beta announced and has began we've had logo changes, peeks at features, screen shots of new places including pictures that do actualy show new graphics effects from the DX 9 engine and alot more really.

So there thats my two penny peices on the matter, flame if you wish i dont give a toss and now for my closing line i shall go to the usual l337 h4x0r omg status expected on these forums.

kthxbye

LiL T
28-07-04, 05:43
A hoax ?

Don't be stupid they would not likely get away with that one o_O

Torteth
28-07-04, 07:41
]oh no what a scarey word.
"Scarey" is a scary word. :rolleyes:

If you check the posts on the main page you will see a fair few in-game shots of NC2. I can think of a good 10 or so ingame shots I've seen of the new engine... Someone pasted links into #neocron one day, which eventually appeared as news posts on the main page.
Do a google image search for "neocron rpos" and you'll see the new RPOS in action.
Also, download the BDOY trailer (Stickied at the top of the forum...) which has glimpses of the new engine, no?
KK MAY be a little late with NC2, but I still have faith they'll get it out in some shape or form.
I believe NC2 will be what Neocron always should have been. KK was fairly kneecapped by CDV in the original release of Neocron, so lets have some fath that KK will do something amazing with their second chance!

Ramzi
28-07-04, 07:45
"Scarey" is a scary word. :rolleyes:

If you check the posts on the main page you will see a fair few in-game shots of NC2. I can think of a good 10 or so ingame shots I've seen of the new engine... Someone pasted links into #neocron one day, which eventually appeared as news posts on the main page.
Do a google image search for "neocron rpos" and you'll see the new RPOS in action.
Also, download the BDOY trailer (Stickied at the top of the forum...) which has glimpses of the new engine, no?
KK MAY be a little late with NC2, but I still have faith they'll get it out in some shape or form.
I believe NC2 will be what Neocron always should have been. KK was fairly kneecapped by CDV in the original release of Neocron, so lets have some fath that KK will do something amazing with their second chance!

I think it's safe to say with the whole population of Everquest, DAoC, Shadowbane, Ultima Online, and any other MMO on the planet, that NC still would have failed because of the sickening amount of crashes/bugs.

This is considering KK ran it exactly the same way, and yes, those kinds of populations would mean more servers, better servers, better programmers etc.

Point is it wasn't all CDV's fault. What, you wanted them to get a ton of people, just to scare them away? :\

Torteth
28-07-04, 07:52
Mmm, I suppose you have a point.

However more players = more cashflow = more coders = more bugfixes and new content.
THAT would've certainly helped the cause.

It would've been nice to read "fixed server population counter issue, where server population counter didnt go above 5,000." in one of the patch notes... :rolleyes:

Ramzi
28-07-04, 08:07
I already said, obviously more population leads to better coders etc, but I have a funny feeling KK would have fucked something up somehow anyway heh.

yavimaya
28-07-04, 08:15
dru has got it right. It is a kk conspiricy. None of my cron mates or anybody in Shadow is in the beta.

lol ive been telling everyone not to expect anything from the graphics for ages.
Damn dru, go and steal my glory ;)

yavimaya
28-07-04, 08:22
so what he spelt a company name a bit wrong.
no no, its the spelling coupled with the sort of comment he made that makes him look like a dipshit.
If he had have said something a little less which wasnt such non sense then it would have been cool im sure.

alig
28-07-04, 09:21
lol ive been telling everyone not to expect anything from the graphics for ages.
Damn dru, go and steal my glory ;)

I dont think anyone's expecting it to have good graphics either. NC will never have good graphics from what ive seen...it is still the same shit engine. Plus, whos gunna look at NC for graphics when stalker/doom3/hl2 will be out.

As long as it fixes fps then i really could'nt give a shit, the graphics are ok, they are'nt nothing fancy but it still makes my £310 x800pro look obsolete, so, as long as fps are fixed and my gfx card pays of in nc i really could'nt care about the graphics.

der Ed
28-07-04, 10:00
Always remember, there is no beta:)

http://www.alicia-logic.com/capsimages/mx_097RowanWitt.jpg

Opar
28-07-04, 10:42
I dont think anyone's expecting it to have good graphics either. NC will never have good graphics from what ive seen...it is still the same shit engine. Plus, whos gunna look at NC for graphics when stalker/doom3/hl2 will be out.

How many fucking times have people old you this Alig? NEITHER NEOCRON OR NEOCRON 2, ARE SINGLE PLAYER GAMES!!!!! If you can name ONE FUCKING UPCOMING MMORPG, that has graphics as good as HL2/DOOM/stalker, then I'll gladly eat every single word that has just fucking come out of my mouth. Doom 3, HL2, stalker or F.E.A.R or whatever, do NOT have to synchronise with the Level 3 server, they don't have to recognise 300 other clients running around at the same time.....

As long as it fixes fps then i really could'nt give a shit, the graphics are ok, they are'nt nothing fancy but it still makes my £310 x800pro look obsolete, so, as long as fps are fixed and my gfx card pays of in nc i really could'nt care about the graphics.

And jesus christ, why do you fucking go on and on and on about your FUCKING GRAPHICS CARD ALL DAY? Before they were released, you kept going on and on and on, now it's been released you go on and on and on, now you even mention the FECKING PRICE??? Nobody gives a shit anymore. Period. K?

But anyway, I should hope, that KK, if they don't release on Sept 1st, should start an Open Beta, to iron out any bugs they have missed. Maybe only have the open beta running for 1.5 - 2.5 weeks, then have the rest of Sept in closed beta, to iron out any crappy bugs.....

Richard Slade
28-07-04, 10:46
My god Opar,
that's the angriest piece of art to ever make sense to me...