PDA

View Full Version : current pvp situation

cRazy2003
26-07-04, 22:05
hey all,

ive been thinking about this for a while and ive finally decided to be bothered to speak out about it :p

i know pvp fights are lacking on most servers, with much smaller OP fights, zone whoring, le'd etc, its a recurring problem, but people have completely missed out on concentrating on the most basic reason for all of this, death.

if you think about it and break it down this is what it comes down to

SI when you GR back
implants fall out
armour is damaged
imps are damaged
quickbelt falls
quickbelt can be hacked

these are all the reasons why people avoid death, and why all the above problems occur with zone whoring etc.

i know its normal for these things to happen, it is dying after all, but people are forgetting this is a game and the rules may have to be bent a little.

quickbelt hacking is one of the main reasons for people trying to avoid death and therefore gimping fights and other situations, there may be a safe slot, but this is only viable for most spies and PE's, because:

most spies and PE's : 1 primary weapon
apus: there HL, fire apoc, barrels
ppus: there entire quickbelt of buffs, shelters, defs, heals
tanks: primary weapon, CS for example, mal, rev, dev etc

anyone of these can drop when someone dies, as well as stuff in there inventory.

the problem is nothing currently being intorduced is helping, for example:

increasing the time to ressurect someone
people wanting the safe slot removed o_O
theres a lot more to

sure this is fine but people have to think on the basic fact that it will reduce people wanting to risk there char from dying, for example on my pluto spy when im in hunting zones or whichever i ALWAYS have my stealth selected, because i know if i get attacked and die, most of my imps will pop out, i'll lost my belt, and if i cant find a poker (ecspecially bad on pluto because of the server population) im fucked until i do find one.

anyone agree?

SorkZmok
26-07-04, 22:20
I want ppl who log out when theyre dead instantly genrepped into their appartment.

I hate it so much when i kill someone, he just logs off and gets a rezz when its safe again.

Ramzi
26-07-04, 22:30
In EQ on sullon zek if you die to an even con, you lose like an hour or more of exp...

There's a fuckton more PVP in EQ, it's not the death reasons it's because this community is too carebear.

(Yes I talk about EQ a lot, no I don't want to go play it... I prefer guns over swords and spells tbh)

Btw, if everyone is bitching that everyone has soooo much money, why would ANY of those things you listed matter?

alig
26-07-04, 22:30
Nah there is another reason. I have'nt quite worked it out yet....well id be lying, I have no idea what the reason is.

Im not gunna turn this into an in-game discussion shit but this is the only example i can give and i really do not have an idea why people are so bothered about it.

We have been told of LAARD the other day and then FA that they are not fighting NCAT because they loose, we are dying for a fight, the game is boring anyway without fighting there is no reason to log in, anyway, this is what iCe' got directed at him "<LAARD runner> - We are'nt fighting you, Enjoy the ops." there was 7 LAARD on and 6 NCAT and if someone wants to tell me why you wont even attempt to kill us anymore, then feel free by all means (what have you got to loose?). My respect goes out to DRE-Stars for actually turning up to their op to try defend it.

The reasons you give are true but only apply in anarchy zones, in war zones is what is annoying because you loose nothing, except of course...your ego goes down :rolleyes:

OT/ You got them 4 unressed for that Rav yet crazy :p if you still want it.

greendonkeyuk
26-07-04, 23:06
yes totally. The thing i hate most about dying is losing a valuable item. actually thats the only thing i hate about dying. it irritates the fuck out of me. i dont mind the si, i dont mind the damaged imps. its the thought of losing a 5 slot holy heal or 4 slot holy def that gets my back up.

personally im in favour of keeping the safe slot. you can call me a carebear all you want, i dont give a toss, but the amount of times/places a person can get ganked and potentially lose that item/weapon is annoying. If you attack me and i lose an item of value it pisses me off for 5 mins. If i attack you and i die its my own fault. The problem is when i get Gr camped or gang fucked 5 on 1 that annoys the fuck out of me.

the tradeskiller thing (poker) doesnt bother me so much as play on uranus primarily and have 2 accounts, and (limited) access to a 2nd pc so im pretty much covered there. however i do feel for the one char server peeps as i hae played pluto, and rolled a poker there. :D

If you take the pain out of dying however this game moves more towards an unreal tournament play style. Personally i dont mind that one bit, but various people do.

People have mentioned in the past that they want a reward for killing another player. Ive personally only ever had a rare spell/item out of 2 belts in my entire nc career. One was last night and was from killing another ppu, he dropped an antipoison sanctum. iNow for me that was smart, it was 5 mins of adrenaline and a reward out of it.

However im now lookin at the flip side of that coin. how long did it take that guy to acquire that spell that he lost in 2 minutes. Some people dont have the time to play all that much and so dont have all the uber rares and 5 slotted everything that the old timers have. I remember getting my first pain easer on my spy.... god i loved that gun. i still have it for nostalgic purposes. i thought i was the don juan with it. if i was a new player and some asshole came and ganked me out of a gr and i lost an item like that id be distraught quite frankly. I dont know if id quit but i can imagine thats the sort of thing that would make some people quit.

do you want to increase the drop rate to take the pain away? is that what youre getting at?

Taking the pain out of death is no mean feat. Im not entirely sure how the community would react, but personally i like the idea. People would argue that rares wont be rare any more.... but lets face it they arent now. The usual arguments would come up. of course. People would say it takes the fun out of pking but then to be honest if the rare drop was increased surely it would mean more rares floating about for people to use, hence meaning possibly better loot. I hate it when i hack a belt to jus get a pair of boots personally.

However the only other way i can think of would be to increase the strength of nonrare weapons so that people dont feel they need rares to compete. This would lead (perhaps) to people carrying a rare weapon in slot 1 and perhaps a backup weapon in slot 2. It would diversify (hopefully) play styles and force people into thinkin about tactics. It would increase the possibility of better loot also.

Just re-reading your first post now and im not actually sure what youre getting at mate so i hope ive read it right and agreed.

-FN-
26-07-04, 23:08
I want ppl who log out when theyre dead instantly genrepped into their appartment.

I hate it so much when i kill someone, he just logs off and gets a rezz when its safe again.

And if you crash the second you die? Or crash while being rezzed?