PDA

View Full Version : Remove rectile for devourer.

Psycho_Soldier
26-07-04, 21:29
First of all, Devourer is a flamethrower. It should not be hard to fucking aim, infact it should be easier than melee or apu weapons. The range is as low as melee as well. I havn't got around to testing melee damage but from the range comparison, I honestly think the dmg should be balanced melee as well since melee's damage is so high because of the lack of range. A flamethrower should not be harder to aim than a CS, it makes no sense at all.

Crono
26-07-04, 22:31
First of all, Devourer is a flamethrower. It should not be hard to fucking aim, infact it should be easier than melee or apu weapons. The range is as low as melee as well. I havn't got around to testing melee damage but from the range comparison, I honestly think the dmg should be balanced melee as well since melee's damage is so high because of the lack of range. A flamethrower should not be harder to aim than a CS, it makes no sense at all.

Deffinetly, it should do less dmg then it does now, but should be easier to aim.

Psycho_Soldier
26-07-04, 22:37
Deffinetly, it should do less dmg then it does now, but should be easier to aim.

Less damage? Maybe if the range was boosted, but it really wouldn't be a flame thrower then would it.

QuantumDelta
26-07-04, 22:38
Like I said to you on aim;

I think it's slipped under the radar a bit, but it still has it's uses, and isn't all that gimpish, just doesn't rule the day anymore.
Definately shouldn't be balanced against melee, since, at the moment, regardless of range, melee _is_ over powered -- I do, however agree with the part about the reticle ;p

Crono
26-07-04, 22:41
all melee is overpowered? naa, the Poision Claw yea, but dont let them nerf it all, or the DG and others wont even have a use :P

-Crono

Gohei
27-07-04, 00:16
cool idea. Tho i traded mine for a SS a hundred years ago....

Shadow Dancer
27-07-04, 00:19
Reduce damage on dev? Are you nuts?

I agree about no reticle, and leave the damage the way it is. :o

Also, to make it unique instead of just as powerful as melee, how about giving it some special mods? Like anti-psi mods or something. Something that drains mana, or perhaps prevents heal for 5 seconds.

tomparadox
27-07-04, 00:57
wtf dont reduce its dmg its fine...

but do remove the aiming rectical thingy. Its stupid that you can shoot and the fire can go right thru them but not hert at all...

cRazy2003
27-07-04, 00:58
wtf dont reduce its dmg its fine...

but do remove the aiming rectical thingy. Its stupid that you can shoot and the fire can go right thru them but not hert at all...

just keep the reticle accept give it some aoe effect :p

Pith
27-07-04, 01:05
just keep the reticle accept give it some aoe effect :p
</3 #/>

cRazy2003
27-07-04, 01:06
</3 #/>

<3 #>

Pith
27-07-04, 01:07
<3 #>
awww gawd.

<3 #>

Crono
27-07-04, 01:44
lol someone had to mention a reduce of dmg if u take the aiming rectangle off or u know it would be flamed by all the non HC people :P

Ramzi
27-07-04, 07:29
You know how even though a melee tank looks like he's 200 metres away, he's actually right in your face?

That would effectively fuck up this gun pvp-wise.

Don't do it.

LiL T
27-07-04, 07:38
yeah in real life a flame thrower would totaly burn you too shit and blind you but this is a game if it was not my uzi would rip people apart so there you go nope it would totaly ruin pvp

tiikeri
27-07-04, 07:40
I would like to see a real person running forward while shooting with flamer...

LiL T
27-07-04, 07:42

well maybe it should be AOE like in real life but then it would be another useless weapon too many accidents

tiikeri
27-07-04, 07:50
well maybe it should be AOE like in real life but then it would be another useless weapon too many accidents

hihi.. i think it's quite useless already.. cause the damage got tweaked, and i think ppl have started to spec some more poison.

LiL T
27-07-04, 07:57
hihi.. i think it's quite useless already.. cause the damage got tweaked, and i think ppl have started to spec some more poison.

granted its totaly crap in open areas but up close like pepper park its very dangerous I just stay clear of it most of the time cos Its got like a delay its the stack that seem to hurt but only when they fully run.

yavimaya
27-07-04, 08:14
You know how even though a melee tank looks like he's 200 metres away, he's actually right in your face?

That would effectively fuck up this gun pvp-wise.

Don't do it.

I dont see how this comment can be directed at recticle removal at all.
If it isnt then sorry, but meh.

I dont know about flamethrower range though, i think its actually rather large, either it just works like that, or like melee its screwed.
Either way, removing the recticle isnt a bad thing at all, it should be used more as a "spray" weapon in PVP, but with that stated, it should also do stacking fire damage no matter if the flame is aimed at you or not, if your hit you should be set alight.

Another reason it should be made more realistic, there is only so much you can make something fake for good PVP, before it starts to suck because its nowhere close to real.

Ramzi
27-07-04, 08:36
I dont see how this comment can be directed at recticle removal at all.
If it isnt then sorry, but meh.

I dont know about flamethrower range though, i think its actually rather large, either it just works like that, or like melee its screwed.
Either way, removing the recticle isnt a bad thing at all, it should be used more as a "spray" weapon in PVP, but with that stated, it should also do stacking fire damage no matter if the flame is aimed at you or not, if your hit you should be set alight.

Another reason it should be made more realistic, there is only so much you can make something fake for good PVP, before it starts to suck because its nowhere close to real.

Because 90% of the time what you see on your screen, isn't accurate.

You'd be trying to "spray" thin air.

Birkoff
27-07-04, 08:41

I'd like to see some1 cast yellow bubbles from there hand or call lighting or... yea u get the gist.. its a game:)

I don't know about the dev n e more... I guess something needs to be done.

Scikar
It shouldn't have a reticle, I agree. Making it AoE would be a cool idea, unfortunately I really don't think it would be viable given the netcode issues. So just remove the reticle on flamers and have them aim like psi and melee.

G.0.D.
The dmg is nerfed enough as it is... :(

Actually would be cool if they not only removed the reticle but made it do AOE/Splash damage. every one thats touching the flame gets hit, those closest to the middle of the stream get the most dmg.

Ramzi
27-07-04, 08:44
The dmg is nerfed enough as it is... :(

Actually would be cool if they not only removed the reticle but made it do AOE/Splash damage. every one thats touching the flame gets hit, those closest to the middle of the stream get the most dmg.

This is the obvious way to do it, but the company who does the programming for this game is KK.

The netcode will just make this gun suck more than it already does.

Afterthought: I like Scikar's idea.

Crono
27-07-04, 08:58
This is the obvious way to do it, but the company who does the programming for this game is KK.

The netcode will just make this gun suck more than it already does.

Afterthought: I like Scikar's idea.

yea, it is an awsome idea, but like Ramzi said, it prob will end up acually nerfing the gun because you wont always me hitting the guy when u think u are. Without a recktangle there is like no conformation that your acually hitting the target. If it can be donw without that beign a problem then go for it.

-Crono

tiikeri
27-07-04, 09:18
I'd like to see some1 cast yellow bubbles from there hand or call lighting or... yea u get the gist.. its a game:)

I don't know about the dev n e more... I guess something needs to be done.

Oh you can't call lightnings? *starts casting: lighting bolt.

And for this time.. i wasn't comparing RL to NC which is quite rare for me ;)
But anyways.. AOE would be nice for dev, but if it would get reticle removed the damage should be tweaked a bit more, or then the stacks should be less. Cause even now the stacks are filling your screen :(

manderf
27-07-04, 10:20
bah ps just say what you really want!!! Give it instant posion dmg again. OMFG so fun to see a ppu run pissing his pants with huge posion ticks flying off him. i think the old dev was balanced in op fights because you can just cast an anti posion sanc, but pvp without a ppu it was overpowered.

WebShock
27-07-04, 10:29
First, a true flamerthrower can go way further than 12 m.

A true flamethrower hits you with stuff that cant be just put out. The chemicals used just spread out burning your flesh to the bone and them some.

I real Flamethrow IS AOE and requires no real aim.

The US Army used them widely in Vietnam to clear bushes and bunkers.

I agree, remove the reticle, make it AOE, and for gods sake make the napalm mod actually what its supposed to be. Its really weak as well. Napalm cant just be put out like a regular fire. Its like trying to turn of a grease fire with water, what happens? you dont put out the fire, the water pushes the grease everywhere and now more than just your pan is on fire, Probably your whole kitchen.

Here are some pictures to further prove my point.

Look at this pics and tell me that the dev doesnt have bad damage, range and that its not supposed to have a AOE effect.

Then again this is a game and the devourer is really a super soaker with a can of lighter fluid taped to it.

tiikeri
27-07-04, 11:15
Gasoline + phosphorsoap = napalm .. atleast thats how we made it

And it burnzzzz... it burns hellalot. napalm on NC.. pfff... its like medium hot water coming from tab.. nothing.

Burn baby burn...

Ascension
27-07-04, 11:22
People are talking bout poison stacks i hear.. just zone and it dont do shit.. yet another sledgehammer approach.. as it was only meant to stop LE'd users from being killed :rolleyes:

WebShock
27-07-04, 11:29
you guys know what white phosphor is?

its some real nasty stuff. the only way to put it out is to cut the skin its eating off you. You cant neutralize it with water. If you cant pick it out with a knife or sorts, you have to pack it with mud or something similar to keep the area cool and the chemicals from spreading when its burning on you. This crap eats through bone too. its also called super napalm.

regular napalm :

Napalm, invented by Fieser in 1942, is an incendiary substance made by the simple procedure of adding a "gelling" powder, composed of naphthenate and palmitate (hence "napalm"), to gasoline in varying concentrations to form a sticky, combustible substance.

We need a white phorphor mod!! Also known as WillyP

metalangel
27-07-04, 11:56
granted its totaly crap in open areas but up close like pepper park its very dangerous

It's dangerous in PP because the moment you enter you get parashocked and the PPU's buddy the tank runs around the corner and sets you ablaze.
:rolleyes:

Underground
27-07-04, 12:01
The devourers range is about twice that of melee, however the aiming is jacked on the dev, and by the style that a flamethrower works it should not need a reticule, also i wanna see monkeys burn when i flame em ;D

hivemind
27-07-04, 14:51
Aimong is shitty on Dev for the same reason aiming was shitty on the Wyatt Earp for so long. The range of the weapon affects how fast the reticle closes.

So give the Dev a 150 meter range, but give it an effect like a raygun, where it does more damage closer to the target, just scale it a lot more, so that the effect is more pronounced than a raygun.

No Dev snipers, please... :rolleyes:

WebShock
27-07-04, 16:05
its really sad that there are so many great ideas out there that never pass a thread.

I dont know why 90% of the posts on this forum are ideas on nerfs and impovements, yet nothing is hardly done to remedy a situation that bothers a large percentage of the player base :confused:

cRazy2003
27-07-04, 16:15
its true that if the reticle is removed there will be a lotta problems in PP, and in crowded situations, it would be similar to using a maladiction in a OP fight :wtf:

Freaky Fryd
27-07-04, 17:05
Remove rectile for devourer? Nah...let it have an ass... :p
Remove reticle for devourer? Maybe...not sure how how much of a difference it would make...

Darkener
27-07-04, 21:20
lol it does damage now . The Dev is only ever good in op situations when going up against something with a shelter but it doesnt do the job anymore due to melee tanks . Removing the rectile is good but the dmg is ok as it is .

-REMUS-
28-07-04, 00:35
yeah in real life a flame thrower would totaly burn you too shit and blind you but this is a game if it was not my uzi would rip people apart so there you go nope it would totaly ruin pvp

Although I voted yes I dont think its a *great* idea, you cant make real world comparisons to this game, do you see Bush arming troops with plasma and fusion based weapons? I dont......

I do how ever agree that Dev should do more damage not on par with melee but still a dam tweak since its ruddy useless atm appart from spamming a ppu or a ppu based hybrid to screw his buffs.

No ret.... hmm i dont know about that, it would be far to easy to aim. Leave auto aim to the nib class's *cough* melee and apu *cough* :D