PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only person who couldnt care less

hinch
26-07-04, 15:22
About the beta and doy?

As most of you know i deliberatly didnt apply for beta due to me not wanting to have to putup with it on my concience if the game sucked at retail.
(god shocking english)

now the beta invites are out and everyones flapping about it.

and you know how i feel?

I COULDNT CARE LESS.

why i hear you asking well its simple.

in my opinion nc2/bdoy whatever the fuck you want to call it is
a) not ready by along strech
b) it is simply not its time.

by A i mean that the basis of the game its built on isnt in a stable enough/polished enough state to be considered retail and said prior game has a bad reputation through the gaming world.

and by B i mean exactly that it isnt the time for it. Too many BIG name games with lots of funding coming out in the next 6 months i'd have personally put the game off till next year.

and why does this bring me to not careing about the beta. because all those that are in the beta i recon less than 1% will actually be of help as such the game will be classed as complete before its read and whilst it isnt its time.

its going to launch with little to fuck all publicity and marketing and its going to land right in the middle of the big name releases.

lets just look at what it has to compete against.

Doom 3 (ID Software)
Half-life 2 (Valve)
Halo 2 (bungie/microsoft)
World of Warcraft (Blizzard)
Dragon Empires (Codemasters)
Need for speed underground 2 (EA Games)

now some of you may say well half of those are different genere's

BINGO so the people that would ordinarilly of tried out nc2 purely because there was lack of their normal game type out will no longer try it and as such wont be hooked onto nc, remember that in simple psychology when someone if first introduced into something if they like what they first hit they tend to become advocates for that product etc. So attracting this type of people would have worked wonders for KK/nc. However we wont see any of them now.

And since i feel the people in the beta will fail to do as required and i believe KK will fail to listen. An unfinished un prepped unmarketed product will be launched which will be a failure.

as such i couldnt care less about the beta as i feel nc2 will die only this time more rapidly than nc did.

Now i really wish i could be proven wrong but since i work for one of the above competition currently on one of the above games i actually hope nc fails so we can get the customers and get paid more my self. Not that we'd have noticed doy's release anyway but heres hoping :) :rolleyes:

Celt
26-07-04, 15:25
Well said.

5 stars

jini
26-07-04, 15:26
I didnt't apply either. Didnt wanted to spoil the fun :)
Plus, I want to see the complete product...

RayBob
26-07-04, 15:33
Doom 3 (ID Software)
Half-life 2 (Valve)
Halo 2 (bungie/microsoft)
World of Warcraft (Blizzard)
Dragon Empires (Codemasters)
Need for speed underground 2 (EA Games)
add...

EverQuest 2
Guild Wars
The Matrix Online
City of Villains

Mighty Max
26-07-04, 15:40
I COULDNT CARE LESS.

Hmm, then it is probably just my imagination you just made a post about BDoY? :lol:

Seven
26-07-04, 15:43
Hmm, then it is probably just my imagination you just made a post about BDoY? :lol:

LOL, that's what I was thinking and a long ass post at that! :lol:

Rith
26-07-04, 15:47
LOL, that's what I was thinking and a long ass post at that! :lol:

Perhaps he should have qualified the subject with a BETA tag, but his points still stand.

I can only hope Big Ben have a reason for pressing for a septmeber release (I do seem to recall KK saying it was down to the publisher that DOY was delayed til sept).

The other major challenge Big Ben have is convincing the public NC is enough of a mainstream game to buy... most of the last punters were put of by a combination of bugs/stability and a community that rapidly descended into adolescent griefing. If the game doesn't have sufficient mainstream appeal it will die on its feet, only as Hinch said, faster this time.

R

hinch
26-07-04, 15:50
ok for those of you with poorer english skills and the fact mine appear to suck ass in the above post i do state i couldnt care less about the beta and bdoy.

as in i dont want to hear about it from others and i dont want to be involved in it. i just want to sit back and watch its release and see how it fair's.

i state my personal opinions on the product and its launch and the beta nothing more.

this does not mean i do not share an interest in it which i indeed do but looking at the 10 or so omg beta threads is getting abit beyond amusing.

i used to enjoy having discussions about the game and its mechanics here but now its only left to fanboys and girls flapping about doy.

you know all the people flapping about it you could all spend that 10 minutes you spent writing a flap post and send an email to your favourite games website about it instead. :)

garyu69
26-07-04, 15:55
What has the release date got to do with anything? It is perfect for the game, you can't say look at the competition it is faceing because it will have competition at any other date even if it was held back until next year. Games are always released and Sept is as good as any, probably the best time IMO.

To not care about BETA and then make a thread about it shows that to some extent you do care :)

Celt
26-07-04, 15:59
To not care about BETA and then make a thread about it shows that to some extent you do care :)If someone has the music on loud next door, I care that the music's on loud, but I dont care about the music.

Get me?

hinch doesnt care about the beta, he cares about the echo's coming from it.

phunqe
26-07-04, 16:03
If someone has the music on loud next door, I care that the music's on loud, but I dont care about the music.

...and if I know knocking the door won't help I put in ear plugs...

Nasher
26-07-04, 16:04
Not ready? They have been making DOY pretty much since the launch of NC, they just changed it from an addon to a full sequal because it got so big and they changed publishers.

hinch
26-07-04, 16:04
phunqe

post less take hot office bird out more and give us the stories.
btw piccies of how hot she really is would be nice :)

and avoid the birds

Celt
26-07-04, 16:05
Not ready? They have been making DOY pretty much since the launch of NC, they just changed it from an addon to a full sequal because it got so big and they changed publishers.
It got so big.

tehehehehehe

Where do people come up with this?

phunqe
26-07-04, 16:06
phunqe

post less take hot office bird out more and give us the stories.
btw piccies of how hot she really is would be nice :)

and avoid the birds

I will cook mad italian skills dinner on Friday :eek: 8| :D

Nasher
26-07-04, 16:07
Its a 2GB download (says the signup thing), since when are addons more than 1 CD? :P

Also NC wont be competing with WoW or dragon empires really, they are still in very early stages and wont be out for a long time, not that they are even remotly like NC anyway.

I remember people saying the same about SWG and how it would kill NC and other MMORPGs before it was released, but look at the trash that turned out to be. They dont even sell it in the UK and most of europe anymore because SOE messed up the CD-keys.

svenw
26-07-04, 16:08
so, when should KK publish NC2? At every good time there (before Christmas) there are other games That want the attention of the gamers. You choose your time and pray that it works.

hinch
26-07-04, 16:08
I will cook mad italian skills dinner on Friday :eek: 8| :D

oh god
make sure theres a fire extinguisher near by and you may wanna avoid chicken with your luck you'll give you both food poisioning. perhaps taking her out for a meal would be safer?

hinch
26-07-04, 16:09
so, when should KK publish NC2? At every good time there (before Christmas) there are other games That want the attention of the gamers. You choose your time and pray that it works.

march/april is the best time for small companies to publish. when the big boys are having their downtime or patching their big xmas released games like mad to fix the bugs :)

Strych9
26-07-04, 16:11
So by your logic, if I dont care AT ALL about what you think, I should make a huge post about it, right????? No wait, I should start a new thread about how much I dont care.

:rolleyes:

phunqe
26-07-04, 16:12
oh god
make sure theres a fire extinguisher near by and you may wanna avoid chicken with your luck you'll give you both food poisioning. perhaps taking her out for a meal would be safer?

When it comes to the kitchen... I AM the king :p
So no worries there.... Besides, my cooking is as good as most high qual restaurants :p

And no, modesty don't apply to me ;)

EDIT: Going way OT now :eek:

garyu69
26-07-04, 16:13
march/april is the best time for small companies to publish. when the big boys are having their downtime or patching their big xmas released games like mad to fix the bugs :)
Just before summer, nice one. Good idea for a MMORPG :rolleyes:

Celt
26-07-04, 16:14
Just before summer, nice one. Good idea for a MMORPG :rolleyes:Wasnt BDoY pencilled in for march, and later June?

k.

svenw
26-07-04, 16:17
march/april is the best time for small companies to publish. when the big boys are having their downtime or patching their big xmas released games like mad to fix the bugs :)How many players do you think would be left till march 2005 without something new to NC? Developing a game give you just a narrow range when it could get gold or you will stop making money. HL2 will sell a lot but if they will really earn a lot is another question. Paying all your proggers an extra year isn't cheap!

numb
26-07-04, 16:19
AO: Alien Invasion has a release date of 1st September aswell, and it does look very good (good idea imo), if I could devote the time to it, I think I'd definitely try it out.

phunqe
26-07-04, 16:21
Personally, I'm not worried about concurrent game releases.
There are plenty of gamers who are like me.

1. I don't care about MMORPGS with medieval themes and whatever.. there are like one gazillion of them out there and when you've played like warcraft for a couple of weeks you've played them all.

2. Even if I play single player games I get stuck in them for about a week until I've completed them or grown bored of them. After that, I'm back to my normal activities.

3. I'm a sucker for cyberpunk.

garyu69
26-07-04, 16:22
Wasnt BDoY pencilled in for march, and later June?

k.which was just stupid, whoever pencilled that probably had the pencil taken off them and shoved up their ass.

Celt
26-07-04, 16:27
which was just stupid, whoever pencilled that probably had the pencil taken off them and shoved up their ass.*sees MJS with a pencil shoved up his ass*

*laughs maniacally*

Tomalak
26-07-04, 16:40
[ edited ]

Genty
26-07-04, 16:45
[ Edited ]

You honestly think thats a threat? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tomalak
26-07-04, 16:47
You honestly think thats a threat? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't think it looks good?

Kaden
26-07-04, 16:52
You don't think it looks good?

That game should not be mentioned here.

And i will not trash it on these boards.

I would not lower neocron.com to that level.

Genty
26-07-04, 16:52
The Graphics look like a poorly made HL mod for starters. From what I have read and seen of it, it looks like nothing more but something will crash and burn.

Not to mention nothing heard of a publisher yet it is supposed to be released in about 2 months. Smells like an online only distribution to me due to the fact that a publisher would not touch the game with a rag soaked in shit on a stick. (not even CDV!)

Celt
26-07-04, 16:54
The Graphics look like a poorly made HL mod for starters. From what I have read and seen of it, it looks like nothing more but something will crash and burn.

Not to mention nothing heard of a publisher yet it is supposed to be released in about 2 months. Smells like an online only distribution to me due to the fact that a publisher would not touch the game with a rag soaked in shit on a stick. (not even CDV!)It's graphics are superior to neocrons, about on-par with NC2's.

Nasher
26-07-04, 16:54
[ edited ]

:lol:

Even less people know about that game than they did about neocron beta 2. Plus it looks a bit.... :rolleyes: O_o :confused:

Even its screenshots look boring/dull

Kaden
26-07-04, 16:55
It's graphics are superior to neocrons, about on-par with NC2's.

Did you ever play that game?
Are you in beta for nc2?

How do you know?

hinch
26-07-04, 16:58
thanks for the -ve rep again shadow here have a cookie

http://www.gourmetaprons.com/Cookie%20Taster.JPG

my point still stands

if your in the beta shutup
if your not in the beta shut up
i fact dont even talk about nc2/doy wtf you wanna call it cos the majority of us not in the beta want to be a) surprised b) not let down by having hopes raised only for it to die faster than a nat as a bbq bugging the fuck outta me

LTA
add...

EverQuest 2
Guild Wars
The Matrix Online
City of Villainsand FFXI Chains Of Promathia Expansion which is tied in with the official European Launch of FFXI.

I agree with you hinch tbh, from what i have seen so far it dosen't impress me much.

<edited because they are scared of this rivalry> didn't go for graphical splendor, but it has a much heavier roleplay focus compared to nc something which in itself has attracted a-lot of people of course it's a threat.

NC isn't exactly graphically great and it still has players, just coz YOU don't think it's great dosen't mean others will think it to.

Graphics don't make a game, content/storyline does, i can still play rpgs on my GBA, snes and even some of the earlier ps titles and they to me are graphically poor.
Which is why i wonder why they spent so long touching up textures (the textures i actually seen from the vid anyway) when they could just do some of that after it and spend the time adding content and lots of it.

Just all seems to rushed imo now, short beta, not much info yet etc etc...

Genty
It's graphics are superior to neocrons, about on-par with NC2's.

Neocron is no example of a game with nice graphics, however I do feel they actively look better than whats on display on "the other game". NC has been released for over a year and a half so maybe you can forgive the graphics to not be on par with the likes of Dragon Empires, however a game that is being "released" pritty close to it you would think should be at least a little bit closer.

Tomalak
26-07-04, 17:01
Guys...I just got slapped down by the mods in PM's for talking about Faces...
(They erased my thread il like 10 seconds, too.)
We better change the subject. :(

Celt
26-07-04, 17:02
Did you ever play that game?
Are you in beta for nc2?

How do you know?screenshots

Kaden
26-07-04, 17:04
screenshots

As the above poster suggests. Better change the subject.

Nasher
26-07-04, 17:05
Dont need uber graphics to make a good game, look at system shock 2 and the thief games. They all have great atmosphere.

You can also make low poly models and stuff look really lifelike and much more complex than they actually are with new texturing features and lighting (something done in doom 3).

Nidhogg
26-07-04, 17:08
i work for one of the above competition currently on one of the above games i actually hope nc fails so we can get the customers
If you're going to troll Neocron 2, at least don't make it so obvious that you have an agenda. Thread closed, and if I see anything else like it I will remove you from the forums permanently.

N