PDA

View Full Version : [NC2:BDoY] Stuff from the German Forum.

Tratos
26-07-04, 13:20
Well during my usual wander to the german forum i found some rather interesting things...

NC2:BDoY Logo and Press Release (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104648)

Funky 10 page NC2:BDoY booklet with german magasine (Thread has scans of booklet) (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104652)

Well... certianly seems interesting....

phunqe
26-07-04, 13:25
OMG THE BOOKLET!!!!7eleven

Make it in english and spread it now!!!! *implosion*

*faints*

And the logo is good as well. Apart from that background o_O I hope that was only some demo :) (I guess it's just the resolution btw)

EDIT: omg I'm getting so excited now... It's actually happening!!!

EDIT 2: Did I mention I'm excited about the booklet?!?

Tratos
26-07-04, 13:30
That booklet does look really sexy! :D

i need an english version, lol

Gunkl
26-07-04, 13:30
Learn fucking German :D

phunqe
26-07-04, 13:32

I could easily turn that the other way around :p ;) ;)

EDIT: Lol I wasn't expecting the booklet.. It's like christmas! :p

Tratos
26-07-04, 13:33
Damn you and your wit, lol

/me goes to sulk

Richard Slade
26-07-04, 13:34
Why would I ever bother?
It's not like there's one place outside Neo and WGT where I would in any way need to speak German

phunqe
26-07-04, 13:41
Lol I actually feel like it's beta4 all over again :p
I remembered the day it was to be released... All people refreshing the forums and the main page for the account signup to appear.

People went nuts.. I have a saved log from the IRC channel somewhere.
It was just totally bezerk. I think one almost fainted at some point :p

Gevrik Halfdead
26-07-04, 13:44
The booklet is a 'special' in one of Germany's biggest computer games magazine and is a really nice marketing coup from 10tacle. Maybe there'll be some stuff in US and UK magazines too soon, who knows. ;)

Celt
26-07-04, 13:45
Cool, they ignored the logo poll I see.

Celt
26-07-04, 13:46
The booklet is a 'special' in one of Germany's biggest computer games magazine and is a really nice marketing coup from 10tacle. Maybe there'll be some stuff in US and UK magazines too soon, who knows. ;)[ Edited ]

Gunkl
26-07-04, 13:48
[ Edited ]

Yeah,we should kick the developers from the Game :angel:

Celt
26-07-04, 13:49
Yeah,we should kick the developers from the Game :angel:
They've gotten about as many german players as they can, jupiter is overflowing nightly, but americans quit because they get zero support from KK.

Richard Slade
26-07-04, 13:50
Yup and let Microsoft take over
Great.. Soon we'll all be slaves of MC5 instead......

How about not?
Although I must say I wish the servers were more demanding on language at times..

Opar
26-07-04, 13:53
nevermind.

XaNToR
26-07-04, 13:58
its a 10 site special about neocron2, which shows the doy sectors, its build-up etc. Well letz say a nice introduction for potential new players ;)

Mumblyfish
26-07-04, 14:01
Yaaaaay! My favourite logo won! Take that, vocal majority!

phunqe
26-07-04, 14:03
Yeah the logo looks good in context. Clear and no fuzz :)

Tratos
26-07-04, 14:14

GO

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104660

J. Folsom
26-07-04, 14:16
Cool, they ignored the logo poll I see.
Just as well, in my opinion. What's a Neocron logo without a http://neocron.jafc.de/images/neocron/misc/navbits_start.gif?

Mumblyfish
26-07-04, 14:18
Just as well, in my opinion. What's a Neocron logo without a http://neocron.jafc.de/images/neocron/misc/navbits_start.gif?
Agreed plus ten. The community voted for a logo which had the square root of bugger all to do with Neocron. It just had some totally irrelevant Jedi Knight design in the background.

LTA
26-07-04, 14:19
Just as well, in my opinion. What's a Neocron logo without a http://neocron.jafc.de/images/neocron/misc/navbits_start.gif?What's the point of asking for peoples votes on em if they already chose anyway kinda pointless to make a poll then not bother.... or was there some secret german poll somewhere?

"Vote for this, except none will count apart from the one we've chosen"

Possessed
26-07-04, 14:19
Power rangers = win mumbly

Oh and um... on topic... erm atleast they didn't choose the logo with the face!

Tratos
26-07-04, 14:22
The poll was probably just for us to give an oppinion not for us to decide 100%

Mumblyfish
26-07-04, 14:22
What's the point of asking for peoples votes on em if they already chose anyway kinda pointless to make a poll then not bother.... or was there some secret german poll somewhere?

"Vote for this, except none will count apart from the one we've chosen"
You miss the point.

They wanted the community's input on which logo is best - but ultimately the final decision was that of 10tacel and Reakktor. The poll would have helped them pick a final logo, but it would certainly have not been a case of "OKAY NUMBER FIVE WINS LET'S ROLL WITH IT OLOL".

Celt
26-07-04, 14:24
[ Edited ]

svenw
26-07-04, 14:48
Sad part is, as far as I know KK doesn't have an american Publisher. BigBen only has the European rights to distribute NC. The booklet was surely their doing. I never heard of an american one. So someone should convince a big american pubisher that he is missing the hottest game in 2004 and might make a cheap grab.

Freya
26-07-04, 15:24
If you have a Problem with the Moderation of the Fourms Direct all inquries to Nid

Celt
26-07-04, 15:27
If you have a Problem with the Moderation of the Fourms Direct all inquries to NidI wasnt discussing moderation, I was stating that I find your editing my posts offensive.

Which I do.

garyu69
26-07-04, 15:59
Its stuff like this along with the fact that only a German publisher has been choosen that makes me feel like this game is only being pushed towards the German community and no one else :(

Celt
26-07-04, 16:00
Its stuff like this along with the fact that only a German publisher has been choosen that makes me feel like this game is only being pushed towards the German community and no one else :(quiet or freya will edit your post for being offensive.

svenw
26-07-04, 16:01
Its stuff like this along with the fact that only a German publisher has been choosen that makes me feel like this game is only being pushed towards the German community and no one else :( /me slaps garyu69 around a bit with a big EUROPEAN publisher!
Publisher choose a game, cause they pay to distribute it. so It seams no American publisher is interested in NC2 and not that KK wants it to distribute only to the German Community (Which is often complaining that Martin is make most of his statements in the english Forum)

@Celt: Plaese post elsewhere to discuss your Problems with Freya.

Celt
26-07-04, 16:08
@Celt: Plaese post elsewhere to discuss your Problems with Freya.What problems?

I dislike that NC2 is going the same route as NC1 and being pimped to germany only, seemingly.

svenw
26-07-04, 16:14
What problems?

I dislike that NC2 is going the same route as NC1 and being pimped to germany only, seemingly.Well, take it this way: which country has the biggest fan Community? Which land is able to host multiple fan meeting? Germany has the most players of every nation even if the english community is bigger but far more widespread. So BigBen advertising money is limited so they go for the place which will give them the best return for their money. To make an english Version would have been a good idea, if there has been an amerikan publisher but only for Britan it's IMHO not worth it. BAd for you, but these are the facts.

Celt
26-07-04, 16:16
Well, take it this way: which country has the biggest fan Community? Which land is able to host multiple fan meeting? Germany has the most players of every nation even if the english community is bigger but far more widespread. So BigBen advertising money is limited so they go for the place which will give them the best return for their money. To make an english Version would have been a good idea, if there has been an amerikan publisher but only for Britan it's IMHO not worth it. BAd for you, but these are the facts.
Where are the figures for amount of players per nationality?

Conjecture my dear, not facts :)

svenw
26-07-04, 16:20
Where are the figures for amount of players per nationality? Just a look at the people playing tells a lot. Germany isn't big but the german speaking server is the one with the biggest population plus I know of a lot players playing on the international servers (mainly Saturn). And there are big meetings with 40+people and many of them throughout Germany. As I said the densest concentration of players but not neccesarly the most players.

Celt
26-07-04, 16:25
Just a look at the people playing tells a lot. Germany isn't big but the german speaking server is the one with the biggest population plus I know of a lot players playing on the international servers (mainly Saturn). And there are big meetings with 40+people and many of them throughout Germany. As I said the densest concentration of players but not neccesarly the most players.Doesnt germany have more population then france+uk?(not put together, seperately)

svenw
26-07-04, 16:28
Doesnt germany have more population then france+uk?(not put together, seperately) Don't know. We have something around 84 Millions.

garyu69
26-07-04, 16:30
throw all the English language servers together and you have a far greater Pop than Jupiter :-\

Its not that i have a problem with BigBen being choosen, its that its BigBen.de that have been choosen and not BigBen international.

and svenw, I'm UK not a pesky american :p

J. Folsom
26-07-04, 16:39
throw all the English language servers together and you have a far greater Pop than Jupiter :-\

Its not that i have a problem with BigBen being choosen, its that its BigBen.de that have been choosen and not BigBen international.

and svenw, I'm UK not a pesky american :p
The BigBen international site hasn't been updated for a few months anyway, regardless of BDoY or not.

svenw
26-07-04, 16:40
throw all the English language servers together and you have a far greater Pop than Jupiter :-\ I know, but to publish something like the booklet you have to do it in every country and so you would need to put in a lot more money than just for a German booklet.

Don't know why they choose BigBen Germany (if there is more difference than just a website)

enigma_b17
26-07-04, 16:41
o and finally a hint as to what happens to the fallen angels come doy, as can be seen by the "Fallen Angels" section i assume for the HQ in DoY, no more th :'(

jernau
26-07-04, 16:43
While I'm glad to finally see some marketing (even if only in Germany so far) I have to say - "OLD ENGINE :confused: :wtf: "

o and finally a hint as to what happens to the fallen angels come doy, as can be seen by the "Fallen Angels" section i assume for the HQ in DoY, no more th :'(
Unfortunately we've known about that impending idiocy for some time. :(

enigma_b17
26-07-04, 16:46
well i knew there was rumours about it, but now that its confirmed :/, waaaa tech haven :'(

Rai Wong
26-07-04, 17:17
well I don't care having the market restricted to europe, just want some english players, and frankly america breeds some of the best griefers.

40$Poser
26-07-04, 17:22
well I don't care having the market restricted to europe, just want some english players, and frankly america breeds some of the best griefers.

lol new NC2 Campaign

'Like Griefing? Get Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York today'

meh, would be awesome if they marketed in the states, but it appears the time for that has passed if any major effort were underway. (Unless they are uber secret about it and are planning to pull a wtf holyshit kind of surprise)

garyu69
26-07-04, 17:25
It will be much like it was last time where it was originally released to Germany and then to the rest of the world. Although this time there doesn't appear to be any press releases/Press materials making it to the UK/US.
I would like to have seen more tradeshow appearences too. ECTS would be perfect but my bets are they won't be there :(