PDA

View Full Version : Question on NC2 Beta.

Shujin
26-07-04, 03:51
With most closed beta's I have participated in have required a non-disclosure document to be signed. You know the one stating that you won't leak any info on the game etc etc.

Anyway, the question is, many...MANY people who play neocron and applied for the beta are under 18, and are unable to sign such documents. Others may not have a fax machine available to them (to sign and return the document.)

So if they are giving out a set amount of NC2 beta accounts, if a great deal of the people are unable to sign the document, thereby making themselves uneligible for the beta, will those accounts be offered to others?

Richard Slade
26-07-04, 03:53
If the circumstances are that they will need to sign this and that KK will care alot for the signings, yes, they will give the accounts to others.
NOT confirmed, but it would be stupid to do anything else, no?

tiikeri
26-07-04, 03:55
I hope they will check who are they inviting to beta :)

Shujin
26-07-04, 03:57
If the circumstances are that they will need to sign this and that KK will care alot for the signings, yes, they will give the accounts to others.
NOT confirmed, but it would be stupid to do anything else, no?
It wouldnt be stupid if they planned for maybe 10% of the people to be unable to, but to offer them anyway.

And they are going to require them I think:

"Important for this contest: You do NOT need an active Neocron Account to participate. You will still need to accept the NDA though. If you would rather try out Neocron without having to sign a NDA you can go for the 10-Day Free Trial."
thats from MMOHELL's contest. NDA = document of which I was speaking.

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 04:06
NDA is only good if its enforced, KK should ask for some identifiable proof too, like a driving licence to prove your age (or a photo ID or something)

NS_CHROME54
26-07-04, 04:13
the "NDA" from NC beta (was in b2 and b3) was more of an unspoken agreement. they sent you a letter with your beta cd's which told you where you could read the full beta NDA (which was located on the beta CD). it's more common sense. if reakktor finds you leaking info, they terminate you, even tho you haven't signed anything. can they do that? ya. it's their product. a few people got kicked out of nc closed beta for leaking info, screenies, etc.

so basically, they tell you where to read NDA. if you break it for any reason, including ignorance of its existance, then it's your beta account down the toilet.

the only problem is kk can't enforce "over 18 only," because since you don't have to sign anything you aren't strictly bound by a contract. it's like if your boss says "cook some fries." he won't contract you just to cook em, but if you don't, your ass is grass.

anyway, my 2 cents.

Shujin
26-07-04, 04:20
the "NDA" from NC beta (was in b2 and b3) was more of an unspoken agreement. they sent you a letter with your beta cd's which told you where you could read the full beta NDA (which was located on the beta CD). it's more common sense. if reakktor finds you leaking info, they terminate you, even tho you haven't signed anything. can they do that? ya. it's their product. a few people got kicked out of nc closed beta for leaking info, screenies, etc.

so basically, they tell you where to read NDA. if you break it for any reason, including ignorance of its existance, then it's your beta account down the toilet.

the only problem is kk can't enforce "over 18 only," because since you don't have to sign anything you aren't strictly bound by a contract. it's like if your boss says "cook some fries." he won't contract you just to cook em, but if you don't, your ass is grass.

anyway, my 2 cents.
oh ;o O_o thought it'd have to be something you sign because i've close beta'd like 5 other games and every one of them required me to sign a thing and fax it back to them. and had to sign a huge nda from activision because i was part of a team working on an expansion pack for one of their games. they sent me a CD with the source code of the game and all the resources they used and bunch of software ;o... the project fell through and they told us to burn the cds and everything ;P O_o burning cd's smells really bad...

Gotterdammerung
26-07-04, 04:26
No one under the legal age of 18 will be allowed to participate to my knowledge (maybe even 21) I say 21 because a while back they changed the nda agreements for mods/gm's etc to the age of 21.

And if you havn't a fax machine or any other means to relay back a signed nda in a timely fashion then there's not much we can do for you. Im also sure that all beta positions will be filled with eligible people so don't sweat it. If you are of legal age & can get to a fax machine you should have an even chance

Shujin
26-07-04, 04:27
No one under the legal age of 18 will be allowed to participate to my knowledge (maybe even 21) I say 21 because a while back they changed the nda agreements for mods/gm's etc to the age of 21.

And if you havn't a fax machine or any other means to relay back a signed nda in a timeley fashion then there's not much we can do for you. Im also sure that all beta positions will be filled with eligible people so don't sweat it. If you are of legal age & can get to a fax machine you should have an even chance
Hope its not 21 O_O.

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 04:28
i think most people in the world have a modem and a scanner, so a modem and a scanner can be turned into a fax machine quite easily.

sanityislost
26-07-04, 04:29
heh thank jebus im 22

SiL ..:..

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 04:31
thank god i'm 28 :p

what u change ur sig for btw? i dont want boobies, i want blood :(

Shujin
26-07-04, 04:31
I'm only 19 O_o sincerely hope its not 21 and older only.

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 04:32
I'm only 19 O_o sincerely hope its not 21 and older only.

if it is, u just buggered up ur chance to lie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sanityislost
26-07-04, 04:33
still got blood lol, but i didnt have a nc2 sig so i just made a new one lol
will change the old one for a NC2 one if it makes joo happy rofl

SiL ..:..

Shujin
26-07-04, 04:34
if it is, u just buggered up ur chance to lie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wouldnt lie on a legal document ;P its called forgery

Birkoff
26-07-04, 04:35
I'm 19 i hope its not 21 as well :s waited to logn to see it.

Then again its out in JUST over a month (fingers crossed) so i won't be that fussed.

Shujin
26-07-04, 04:36
Ok, in the case it is 21 and older only; in most legal documents requiring a certain age to sign, it is possible to get someone to sign for you. Would it be possible to get someone of age to sign for you and take it to a notery at your bank, or a lawyer. Would that sufice?

Ie: I had to do this a couple years ago, I was going to work in my highschool and the state required me to sign a bunch of stuff but since I was under 18 I had to get someone over 18 to sign it, then take it to a notery( went to my bank which did it for 5$ )

Birkoff
26-07-04, 04:37
thank god i'm 28 :p

what u change ur sig for btw? i dont want boobies, i want blood :(

They can get our legal age off our billing details anyway?.... I dunno if thats legal.... don't ask me....

Richard Slade
26-07-04, 04:44
They can get our legal age off our billing details anyway?.... I dunno if thats legal.... don't ask me....

I don't get the thing between Lexx quote and what you said...
I just SO don't get it

cRazy2003
26-07-04, 05:11
thank god im 21 then

edit: its unfair to get your legal age off your billing details because i use someone elses card to pay for neocron.

Benjie
26-07-04, 05:16
Beta is a responsiblity. It's a job, and a chore.

I want to get into beta because I want to compile big lists of bugs and send them off to KK to sort out, and to have an input on the new features. Although I do want to be a part of beta, I would never thank god over letting me in. Not unless I secretly wanted to play beta as a personal preview of the finished product, which is absolutely not what Beta is about.

The amount of enthusiasm in some peoples posts is a little suspicious.

Shujin
26-07-04, 05:26
thank god im 21 then

edit: its unfair to get your legal age off your billing details because i use someone elses card to pay for neocron.
your not 21... i remember reading a post of yours nor to long ago about you being like 14 or somewhere around there, maybe even a birthday post O_o...

also look at ur post count ;D

edit: nm was lookin posts by lexxuk and stuff about u being 12 O_o but i really dont think ur 21 myself either :P
in my experience anyone with a number in there name seems to be 10-16

Richard Slade
26-07-04, 05:28
Just to put my input on why I want into:
I want KK to get people in so we can get better servers
so this game can keep going for a few more years atleast,
until the next NC comes.
And as I see it, the more dedicated peope in beta, the faster and better we get NC2 retail and the faster we can start getting more people, more money and a better game
Yes, it's 100% personal needs, but still a good cause

amfest
26-07-04, 05:37
The amount of enthusiasm in some peoples posts is a little suspicious.
Yea that really makes me sad even though they might have good intentions to work while there it just gives me a feeling that they want in for the "first in" to see everything rather than the test out bugs for the long haul :(

Shujin
26-07-04, 05:47
Well, all I can really say is good luck to those really wanting to find bugs. And hope they actually find the bugs instead of just play around.

But tbh, a beta really needs those looking for bugs and those just wanting to play. Because those looking for bugs will be looking for bugs, not really playing to the fullest. Those who are just wanting to play will encounter bugs along the way which they can report, and those bugs may not have been encountered by the others due to their lack of gameplay and full intensity of bug searching.

Ps. I'm really kinda both, I wanna get in to find bugs and report them; however, on the otherhand I would love to be able to see all the new stuff...