PDA

View Full Version : Freezer cannon question

SmackDaddy
26-07-04, 02:04
I saw in the description of the Tangent Freezer Cannon on neocron.ems.ru that it has a 29% chance of stun for 35 seconds, so I was eager to get it out there and stun all the mobs. But now that I can use one it doesn't seem to stun anything. I've been testing it down in aggies and the mobs keep running around just like always. Plus the damage blows. If the stun doesn't work, I can't see any reason to use this weapon. :confused:

Any hints? Or does this weapon just suck?

thanks,

NaKoth
26-07-04, 12:15
Only weapons i see viable are : (maybe melee freezers and) parashock spells (the rare ones very much better than non-rare). All others (pistols/rifles/cannons) are pretty much useless. There was a time when they froze people like the Holy Para, thank god they dont anymore :)

Damage is supposed to be very low, since its main function is to paralyze, not kill things.

SmackDaddy
26-07-04, 17:54
So basically everyone used to have a parashock only if you weren't a monk it was called a freezer pistol, rifle, or cannon - but it got nerfed for everyone but monks. That makes a lot of sense. o_O :mad:

So the bottom line is, freezer weapons do crap damage and don't freeze either. Toss that one in the bin then.

Thanks,

JackScratch
29-07-04, 20:35
Notm a 29% chance, it does a 29% movement stun. This is not a large or noticeable effect.

The onkly monks with a truly noticeable stun effect are ppus, who do not have a truely viable method of doing damage. This of course not stand up to the fact that it has become truly popular to quote "nerf para" every chance you get, dispite any true balance issues in question, so feel free to jump on the band wagon.

Supreme
23-09-04, 16:10
So the bottom line is, freezer weapons do crap damage and don't freeze either. Toss that one in the bin then.

Thanks,

This freeze-weapons are a mess anyway...

once a time i got a nerving fight with 1 wb titan.. near battle-dome..
i'd needed 1 1/2 day (nc time) to get the fuckin titan down.. only with this fuckin freezer-rifle i've bought in techheaven..

so forget this weapons.. :mad:

JackScratch
23-09-04, 22:37
That's because freezer weqapons only do, and are only supposed to do, minimal actual damage. Their purpose is not to kill, their purpose is to freeze. You realy shouldnt be able to kill a small spider with a freezer weapon, just slow it down. You are mis useing the weapon. I know a lot of people whop fight Titans by giveing them a freezer shot or 2 and then damceing around the Titan while attacking with a different weapon. The Titan hits them much less because the Titan, while frozen, cant turn as fast as they run around it.

i'd needed 1 1/2 day (nc time) to get the fuckin titan down.. only with this fuckin freezer-rifle i've bought in techheaven..

Zheo
26-09-04, 11:55

Ok first off the freezing effect doesn't stack, so it's a case of shoot once then change weapon if you want high damage output i suggest a fusion weapon aquired from the TG base if you cant go there because of your faction (eg TG is red to you) then ask someone who's in Protopharm, If thats too much hassle then use plasma weapons or a ray gun, they are better at close range,

when i used rifles I always had a sniper, crap ROF but high damage and long range with no dissadvanrtage eg crap aim or lack of damage. so i sat a mile away and sniped warbots till they got up close then switched to my ray gun and blasted em at point blank, but keeping behind a hill so i could duck.

Remember monsters are stupid if you crouch so you can hit them but they cant hit you, they wont try and get round it, just walk straight towards you or run away. Funny stuff really. I used Commando Sniper Rifle and Ray Of God, with explosive ammo, also remember that monsters have "smart" armour now so if your fighting a robot or monster dont use xray damage, use fire or explosive etc. Also dont use poison against em. And don't use fire damage against fire monsters!

Hope this helps!

MaGn0lia
30-09-04, 13:01
I have the rare freezer rifle "Thunderstorm" it sucks and I keep it just for kicks since they are pretty rare (most of the people just toss freezer rifle plarts away) sometimes I shoot ppl with it when we are playing in our clan appy, but I have never used it in a real situation because I don't have a deathwish.

Agent FunHead
30-09-04, 14:25
freezing your opponent is lame anyways

Only reason why its ok for PPU's to use is because they dont have a viable attack so they can freeze their attacker to run away and the only reason a Melee Tank should use one is because it can be quite hard to hit fast capped chars at a laggy OP war

aelfkins
04-10-04, 00:23
They nerfed all the freeze attacks, casue people complained that it took the skill out of PvP. Stun attacks have never done much to mobs. Hope that helps.

:)