PDA

View Full Version : NC2 Suggestion - Partial Item Wipe

Jest
25-07-04, 23:58
As is evident by the many threads on item wipe discussion, many of us feel very strongly about the item wipe one way or another. To put 2 years into playing a game, hour and hours of gameplay, and to have that gone in an instant, well that just sucks for many of us. (Including myself). I dont want an item wipe.

But there are legimate reasons why an item wipe might happen, especially if item tracking is implemented. There is also the many credit exploits that exist in the game making some people ridiculously rich.

Itd be nice to start fresh, but not at the cost of hundreds of hours of gameplay. So here is my suggestion. Make there be a full item and money wipe, with one exception: our GoGo.

Simple enough, every item in our GoGo gets transfered with our character. That way we can take with us the things we find most valuable. The Mc5 chip we own, that awesome 5 slotter, or even that weapon we looted off a notorious killer. 40 items in total. More than enough to let us start over in the new servers.

So simple enough. Do you like or not?

Gotterdammerung
26-07-04, 00:00
why don't you start a new thread and add a poll?

do that instead so it makes the thread more accessable

SypH
26-07-04, 00:02
I wont go into the "amount of time collecting" routine, but my reason for not wanting any sort of item wipe has to do with money. I'm an LE player. The most cash I can have is 20 million NC. My only real option to get certain things is item trade, so that means hoarding parts to trade, to get the weapons/items built to trade for the things I do need.

{MD}GeistDamnit
26-07-04, 00:02
well I got a lotta ammo in my gogo :p and armor and doy junk, but also all my weps. I dunno I have just made a new tradeskiller last month and would hate to loose his hard earned 20 mil or all his 200 rareparts :p

Maybe just the gogo is a cool idea, but I dunno. I really dont know of any people on uranus that have "exploited items" or cash. So imo it's not a problem there. dunno bout other servers. I'm basically torn on the issue, shoulda put a maybe in poll ;)

Marx
26-07-04, 00:04
No. Once again, it doesn't solve any issues, it just makes life harder for those who've earned the easy life.

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 00:05
I have two accounts, a wipe for me would mean having to choose what to take and what to leave, my 3 pain easers naturally, titan armour, armour, chips, other guns, other chips etc.. useful stuff, for my PE.

For my monk, DS, Psi Core, about 5 billion different PPU spells, PPU armour, twirly PPU spells etc..

A partial wipe for me though, would require logging onto Pluto with two chars, and Uranus with two chars (and lets not forget, Uranus/Saturn have 4 chars for equal distribution, or 4 chars to lose a hell of a lot of stuff on)

Any form of wipe would be unfair, when DOY comes out, I'm sure people would rather run around trying out Hacknet or WOC or something like that, not trying to get stuff they couldnt bring with them back.

LiL T
26-07-04, 00:05
Yes but I think all rare parts should be kept also it takes damn amount of work to get them for some people

Shadow Dancer
26-07-04, 00:07
I vote yes. Partial item wipe is the way to go.

Jest
26-07-04, 00:07
I did put all poll @ all. :lol:

Forty items is a hell a lot of stuff. And trust me, I have just as high of an aversion as you all do. Im not trying to get an item wipe here, Im trying to not get a complete one if you catch my drift. ;)

Tomalak
26-07-04, 00:09
I thought all the exploiters/cheaters were banned last week or so?

Not necessary. Too bad for the newbies that start broke. We all had to start our first character that way. Give 'em your stuff, if you feel bad.
The only thing that fucks everything up is the people with hundreds of millions of dollars, using faction masters to activate them clan apartments, basically an exploit, creating mules to store items/cash.(I used to do that in Diablo 2, Ill admit., create mules). .Not an exploit in the coding/bug sense, just abusing the game mechanics. A lot of clan cash out there came bout from APCing it till yer rich, then making clans to store it. Kill the clan cash.
Or, if we just stopped accepting that 20 million for an item that's worth 10, we could lower prices.... :wtf: o_O O_o

Marx
26-07-04, 00:09
Im trying to not get a complete one if you catch my drift. ;)
Unless I missed a vital peice of info... Its already been stated we're not going to have one at all. If I missed a quote somewhere, maybe someone can clue me in.

Jest
26-07-04, 00:11
Unless I missed a vital peice of info... Its already been stated we're not going to have one at all. If I missed a quote somewhere, maybe someone can clue me in.Hmmm maybe I missed where they said there wouldnt be one at all. Can ya link me?

garyu69
26-07-04, 00:15
an item wipe would lead me to cancelling 2 of my 3 accounts. It has taken me a long time to gather what i have right now and i don't fancy having to do it all again anytime soon.

An item wipe of any kind is only going to benefit the hardcore players while the casual player gets screwed in the ass from behind.

If you want an Item wipe then you should be cheering on for a new clean server where you can start fresh.

-Demon-
26-07-04, 00:15
Only thing we have heard about is chars imo.

And KK have been deathly quiet about all these item wipe threads that me and others have started.
That to me sounds very bad...I hope I'm wrong but I'm doubting that hope at the moment.

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 00:17
I did put all poll @ all. :lol:

Forty items is a hell a lot of stuff. And trust me, I have just as high of an aversion as you all do. Im not trying to get an item wipe here, Im trying to not get a complete one if you catch my drift. ;)

My list of things to take with me on a partial item wipe for only stuff in my Gogo

(1) DS
(2) PSI Core
(3) PPU 3
(4) PPU 2
(5) Holy Shelter Helmet
(6) Holy Blessed Weird Monk PA Stuff
(7) A Belt (I'll assume a money wipe too btw)
(8) Holy Shelter Trousers (TROUSERS, NOT PANTS!!!)
(9) Heavy Battle Boots (Funky Monkeh)
(10) Holy Para
(11) Holy Heal
(12) Holy Heal Sanctum
(13) Holy Heal Group
(14) Holy Deflector
(15) Holy Deflector Group
(16) Holy Deflector Sanctum Hippy Midget Sex
(17) Holy Shelter
(18) Holy Shelter Sanctomonious Spell
(19) Holy Shelter Hippy Group Hug
(20) Holy Anti Poison
(21) Holy Anto Poison Sanctum
(22) Holy Anti Para
(23) Holy Anti DamageBooster
(24) Spy Booster 3
(25) HC Booster 3
(26) RC Booster 3
(27) Pistol Booster 3
(28) Melee Booster 3
(29) PSI Booster 3 (ok, so I forgot where mine is, thats not the point :p)
(30) Support Booster 3
(31) Heat 3
(32) Hazard 3
(33) Holy Damage Boost m'lord
(34) Next Chaincraft V2.5
(35) Next TANK BOOM BOOM BOOM *coff*
(36) Holy Ressurection Of The Dead (OMG Voodoo!!)
(37) Holy Summon Creature Thingy
(38) Holy Wossname Sanctum thingy
(39) Holy find the Stealthed Spy thingy
(40) 255 Psi Booster 3's

I probably missed a lot of stuff out too, 40 really isnt much when your a PPU :(

Dru Blood
26-07-04, 00:18
please dont do an item wipe, instead do a skill release, do something which benefits us for a change.

Dargeshaad
26-07-04, 00:37
I think there'll be alot of people creating trial accounts lol

Spikadelia
26-07-04, 00:42
Hmmmm. After almost two years it's a lot of time and effort and the stuff we've worked hard for will be damn hard to let go of. However painful as it is to consider I can see the reasoning behind a wipe.

Leave all runners with their xp intact, release all skill points. Reduce all rares stored in player's gogu's or inventories to 1 slot only. Leave only the rare imps/gloves/MC5's implanted on your person. Wipe all other items except for epic rewards. Wipe all cash beyond one million credits.

Would that level the playing field enough? This is a bastard of a question to resolve.

Yes, I'd stay. Most of all I'd like some word from KK. This is like chewing your own nipple off without anaesthetic.

Lazy Bastard, quoted meself from the other Forum wipe thread. :p

DonnyJepp
05-08-04, 05:17
I heard there might be a wipe.

Anything to that?

Viper Venom
05-08-04, 22:35
dont worry ppu's out ther, u can pay me to take stuf over for u, i only care about pp resistor all my meele rares marine moveon, the rest can be rebought,

this is a good idea, i jus posted one sugesting a quickbetl and implant ful, but a gogo is better since ppl arnt all meele tanks and have lots of stuf to take with em like spys and ppu's

ohh, and i hate saturn and uranus, so like i will transfer 160 items for ppl on them for a decent price on pluto :) i can stock up on 1mil apartment keys and carry em over :P

i do this a parital wipe is best, but i still think its what u can hold not what u can stuf in ur gogo, all u can put in ur quick slot belt, u can make normal stuf again, jus take ur rares.

[TgR]KILLER
05-08-04, 22:55
sounds like a good plan in teory

but i have to buy something then..

course i sold pretty much EVERYTHING i own or owed that i don't need.. i still got my own weapons and imps.. but if i count the things i can't easy replace.. like a few spells are quickly made in a batch.. same for armor.. but rares aint. and rare imps.. can't even fill a gogo with all stuff i realy would want to keep.. thing is i got 40 mil.. i sold everything and made cash to buy one of those nice apps when NC2 comes.. thats what i'v been saving for the last 3 months since i saw those pics :/

Disturbed021
05-08-04, 23:32
Money wipe would be good.
Although some money is fairly easy to obtain it would get rid of the 100s of millions some ppl have stashed away from before they nerfed the ATC builds....thus making money almost worthless.
Sorry but it isn't as easy to make 100's of millions anymore unless theres something I'm missing?
If everyone were to start out with 0 nc how would that be such a bad thing? I think it would stabilize the economy for quite some time.

..i..DemonX
06-08-04, 00:15
GoGo = 40 items? U realy realy sure?
Cuz i think there only will fit 32 items in it ...

But anyway Ruyben said it be4 as well, a total whipe will be the last thing we all whant! But if u say u take GoGo + Inventory (not overlodaded) + QB + Imps in the head all would be kinda ok with it.
Sure it will make ppl loose tons of parts but well u still got weapons and u can go hunt, u still can do PvP cuz u got all u need to do this etc etc ...

DigestiveBiscui
06-08-04, 00:18
it's still losing some of the things i spent hours doing

i can't put my clans 2700 tp's in 1 gogo :p

sod the n00bs - they can start with nothing, i have been playing since the start of retail and im NOT going to be rerolled to so no itemed bitch come DOY

Candaman
06-08-04, 00:18
KILLER']sounds like a good plan in teory

but i have to buy something then..

course i sold pretty much EVERYTHING i own or owed that i don't need.. i still got my own weapons and imps.. but if i count the things i can't easy replace.. like a few spells are quickly made in a batch.. same for armor.. but rares aint. and rare imps.. can't even fill a gogo with all stuff i realy would want to keep.. thing is i got 40 mil.. i sold everything and made cash to buy one of those nice apps when NC2 comes.. thats what i'v been saving for the last 3 months since i saw those pics :/

HAW HAW MONEY WIPE U = PWND

Inchenzo
06-08-04, 00:20
no wipes, period.

coppertop
06-08-04, 00:39
No to any wipes. I worked long and hard to get what I have now. My char has never been rich money wise (I have still to hit the money cap with a char thats been active for a year and a half) but it took me ages to get all the bits and pieces I have now. After playing for this long, the last thing I want to do is be forced in to going out and repeating it all again. I dont mind looking for the occasional new item, but I have allready spent hundreds, probably thousands of hours hunting and leveling to get what I have. No way in hell I would be willing to go through that all over again.

Genty
06-08-04, 00:51
Again, it seems people are too wrapped up in the game for them to be so upset with loosing it. You put hours "into" the game, so what? You play single player games and other multiplayer games and you get nothing from it. Except erm, what was that thing again? Oh....enjoyment. If you ain't getting enjoyment then walk away now...please.

ezza
06-08-04, 01:20
ive got 3 accounts damned if in gonna equip them all if theres a item wipe.

thanatos i think said they are still sorting it out and will make an anouncment soon.

i guess my leaving post could be posted in the next week or so depending on what he says :lol:

tomparadox
06-08-04, 01:27
ok, IMHO....

QUIT WITH THE DAMN ITEM WIPE POSTS!!!...

I say no, you know why? because i have been playing sens the beginig , i put a lot of effort into geting all the stuff i have. And i pay 10$ a month for this game. I dont honestly care what anyone else posted on this ( unless you said no too ) but i for one do not whant all the shit i have worked for to get whiped i dont care what the reason is. Unless its going to crash the server and wipe the chars from the DB, LEAV THE ITEMS ALOWN...

Clownst0pper
06-08-04, 01:29
1. DS
2. SA
3. RD
4. Herc
5. Moveon
6. PP resistor
7. SF CPU
8. SRI
9. Marine
10. Psi Core
11. Spirit Modded SH
12. Pistol PA 3
13. Rifle PA 3
14. Monk APU PA 3
15. Camo Tank PA
16. HAB
17. HL
18. Healing Light
19. Holy Fire Storm
20. POB
21. DG
22. Thunderbolt

Done :rolleyes:

Darken
06-08-04, 01:40
Lexxuk is right any item wipe is unfair
40 Items ?
for my PPU ?
Whats with all the other stuff i collected.
I right agree with STFU THE WIPE POSTS
IF YOU WANT TO START FROM BEGINNING GO ONTO A NEW SERVER, I DONT WANT TO !

Jonax
06-08-04, 01:58
Have one or two NC2 servers where you cannot transfer a character to (i.e. you must create a new one), and the rest servers where you can transfer your NC characters to them.

Sometimes the simplest ideas are effective ;)

cRazy2003
06-08-04, 02:03
on pluto i have 8512 rezzed tech parts, 63 rare weapons/spells and 2 mc5 chips, if theres a item wipe, im outta this game, simple.

Helius
06-08-04, 02:13
40 items would be perfect, much easier to implement the item tracking for current items, sorts out the ppl having FAR to much stuff (whcih will hapen over time but will be recorded)

Sounds perfect 5 stars.

I think if i end up losing my DS ill leave.

Tomalak
06-08-04, 02:17
Personally, I've decided that I would prefer just starting fresh on NC2, and keeping my old characters on the classic servers for fun.
.Trying to re-equip a high level character doesn't sound like fun, I don't wanna fight over a rat..Obviously, existing clans will be wiped, and the map reset..
I wonder if playing NC is useless now, without knowing where my characters and their stuff are going, I'm just killing time..
Do we have the choice of moving or not? I'd rather just stay on classic with my stuff, and start fresh in York.
Anyway, I just got city of heroes and other games, so I'm gonna finish the 3 weeks or so Ive got left on my account, and then play other stuff until I hear news of Neocron 2,if and when that day comes.
Hope I dont forget, with all the other MMORPG's to play, my roommate even applied for the beta for that other FPS MMORPG we're not allowed to talk about..
wow, I forgot how cool Aliens Vs. Predator2 was... :)

tomparadox
06-08-04, 02:31
IF YOU WANT TO START FROM BEGINNING GO ONTO A NEW SERVER, I DONT WANT TO !
yes that is my exact opinion. that and, do you people realize that if they whiped the items, of almost any kind THAT HALF THE DAMN PLAYERBASE OR MORE WOULD LEAV? i meen look at it this way who the hell is going to whant to pay 10$ a month after paying it sens retail, after DoY has been delayed like 3 times, then to get there items wiped? id leav, simple as that, id leav.

..i..DemonX
06-08-04, 04:26
on pluto i have 8512 rezzed tech parts, 63 rare weapons/spells and 2 mc5 chips, if theres a item wipe, im outta this game, simple.

U wont be alone im afraid! But i realy realy not trust in KK Coder skills, tbh i think nobody of us do it. So we all kinda know that there will be wipe, offical or not but i am sure we will loose stuff in the transfer from NC1 to NC2! Look what the DB's do now, u realy think they will be able to transfer say 9000 Items + ur char + ur money + ur stockX?
I say they wont! I realy hope they will be able to let u at least take the gogo, imps u use and ur qb/inventory!

Promethius
06-08-04, 04:36
I strongly dislike item whiping despite the upsides of it. Like myself many of people have worked hard for the items, thats right item(s), they have worked for. I have more than a couple Mc5 chips, along with an asortment of rares for each of my characters. I have 10+ cursed souls which i've I've gathered over time and upon many other rares. I could fill an appartment or 2 of jsut built rares.

This Whipe would mean the distruction of all this. Unlike many people I never got rich off any exploit or any other means. I've got about 10 mil added up between all my chars (which is by no means rich) and for trading I depend on my full rares.

Just because some others out there have exploited and have got rich why should other suffer?

Tbh if any sort of item whipe hit they might aswell delete my account with it and I'm positive many others feel the same way.

-Prom

BlackwooD
07-08-04, 00:10
I want all my stuff. All of it DAMNIT! and meh credits.

[TgR]KILLER
07-08-04, 00:20
i just read.. forgot to quote.. but erm..

keep my chars on the classic nc for fun ? i'm sure nc clasic won't run for long.. as 90% is moving to NC2.. and playing that.. nc1 won't get patched its bugged to fuck has fucked up servers.. and with 10% of the players left there are a grand total of 100 players over 5 servers.. anybody see the problem ? :lol: i almost dare to say the old nc aint gonna run for 1 month more after nc2 been out

LTA
07-08-04, 03:11
Again, it seems people are too wrapped up in the game for them to be so upset with loosing it. You put hours "into" the game, so what? You play single player games and other multiplayer games and you get nothing from it. Except erm, what was that thing again? Oh....enjoyment. If you ain't getting enjoyment then walk away now...please.
I enjoyed all the collecting and part building and repeated mob killing the first 4ish times round, now after the 5000 odd time it's repetetive and empty, i now enjoying pvping with my rares that i worked fecking hard to get.

Single players games, i play to complete, i enjoy the challenge, i feel i have acomplished something when i finish it, it then sits and gathers dust, nc will do the same when they wipe my stuff because i don't find the certain aspects that i will forced to do enjoyable anymore. I have passed that stage and carry on enjoying the pvp part and the social part....
The challenge in nc for me is pvping, thats the only real thing that changes, player skill, mob ai will never change, you will never get 1 grim who is harder than the next but weaker than the last, no mob ever changes the players do though and thats where my enjoyment comes from, battling these people.
If they added loads of various mobs and items i could attain then maybe ... just maybe it would be enjoyable to shoot the same mob for hours upon hours.

i can save my progress on single player games, on the multiplayer games i play the only thing i loose is my life which i respawn and continue.
I don't loose months upon months of work, items that i have worked hard to obtain, slots on items that have taken many builds to obtain, skills i have strived to cap, if i had to level my DOD soldier up and earn rifles through rare parts then i would be equally peeved at that if they wiped it.

Dribble Joy
07-08-04, 03:21
Wipe all money above 500k, wipe all stocks and clan money, and wipe all apts but the starter.

Do you REALLY need those 20 apts full of tech parts, that quite frankly do nothing but sit there.

Viper Venom
07-08-04, 09:14
i dont wana lose my rares, but like, what am i gona do with a apt full of rares, losing em is no biggie, i jus hunt more warbies

mishkin
07-08-04, 09:21
Why is everyone talking about "the wipe" as if it's already been decided and AS IF NC2 WAS TO BE RUN ON THE SAME SERVERS?

Makes me go even more crazy than before.... It's a new game, new servers, ie EVERYONE should start from scratch, no matter what. Now stop making these ridiculous polls and do something else... Like mailing MJS and asking for an official statement... or even mail someone at bigben. I for one might even start the game up today, you never know :p

manderf
07-08-04, 09:46
how about only keep the stuff in your inventory, Then everyone is transported to a big open anarchy zone with red sl!!! ANd you have to equip yourself and dump so shit to be able to defend yourself.

-=BlackBeard=-
07-08-04, 09:55
i agree 110% if not the gogo

then tbh id be happy with my implants gettin transfferd and a quickbelt of stuff also i think money u shud get 5 million to transffer to nc

40$Poser
07-08-04, 09:57
here's my thoughts. If NC2 is coming out september 1st, they've already decided. Less usage of the term 'item wipe' and more mashing of the keyboard.

Perhaps some binarial talk?

0101110?

101 (lol?)

but if I had to choose, I do like this idea. Not sure if it'd ever happen, but I'd be cool with it.

Jest
07-08-04, 10:29
I just wanted to repeat what Ive said before. I didnt make this post to take away all your items. I made this post to save some of them. Unless I have totally missed my mark, all signs point to wipe despite having no official word one way or the other. What ever the case, however, Im anxiously awaiting the announcement just as much as you guys. So lets hope to see it soon. :p

Kaden
07-08-04, 10:32
I voted no, I've always been in favour of a wipe.
However just like everyone else there is some stuff i'd prefer not to lose.

:rolleyes:

Jest
07-08-04, 10:40
I voted no, I've always been in favour of a wipe.
However just like everyone else there is some stuff i'd prefer not to lose.

:rolleyes:In favor of a wipe but you want to keep some items? I think that would be a yes on the poll not a no. :p

mishkin
07-08-04, 10:41
all signs point to wipe despite having no official word one way or the other.

WHAT wipe? New server means a clean database, now creating an empty database != deleting the old one somewhere else....

It isn't a wipe, IT'S THE LACK OF AN OPTION TO TRANSFER YOUR STUFF...

:rolleyes:

Just try understanding it... mmkay?

Original monk
07-08-04, 10:46
I get fucking depressed when i read all this shit about itemwipes, not focussing this thread but all itemwipethreads in general, i yust dont wonna loose my gear and dont want options like take 10 items with ya or whatever ...

if they gonna wipe now then they gonna wipe with neocron3 also ...

i would like to know if they gonna wipe or not so atleast i know if i gotta cancel my accounts or not :/

not like im happy with it :mad:

and if its really like they say a new game, everyone should start from scratch etc etc ... then i feel fooled and let down bigtime by reakktor ... cause im waiting since day 1 of retail for the doy expansion ... expansion ya hear ...

now its "a new game" and everything start from the beginning on ? (witouth previous items that is)

thats would be a fucking scam and i aint gonna be dumb enough to start all over again (for nothing cause it gets wiped anyway)

take some other fool to play games with, happy wiping

Freaky Fryd
07-08-04, 11:27
You play single player games and other multiplayer games and you get nothing from it. Except erm, what was that thing again? Oh....enjoyment. If you ain't getting enjoyment then walk away now...please.

No, I don't play any games other than Neocron.
My enjoyment (since cap) has been not only fighting, but has been amassing a collection or rare items (not only rare parts/weapons, but rare junk, items no longer dropping, etc), and in being able to get whatever I want, due to my mass of items to trade with...

My hours I invested in my enjoyment would be gone with an item wipe...as might my accounts...

Genty
07-08-04, 12:13
No, I don't play any games other than Neocron.
My enjoyment (since cap) has been not only fighting, but has been amassing a collection or rare items (not only rare parts/weapons, but rare junk, items no longer dropping, etc), and in being able to get whatever I want, due to my mass of items to trade with...

Then you can start again....and have that enjoyment again...

My hours I invested in my enjoyment would be gone with an item wipe...as might my accounts...

Cry Me A River.

Freaky Fryd
07-08-04, 12:44
Then you can start again....and have that enjoyment again...

No, my enjoyment is stemmed off the basis of what I currently have (the large collection.)
If it's wiped, I won't have the enjoyment I had before, because my collection
will be gone. To me, it's no different than my account being hacked and all my
items gone. It would feel the same for me, except I won't be able to beg friends/clan members
for replacements, as they won't have them either.

Cry Me A River.

Nah, I decided to repeat myself in a longer format with smaller words, seeing you had trouble comprehending my previous post...

Genty
07-08-04, 12:49
To me, it's no different than my account being hacked and all my items gone.

You mean Rento stealing all your stuff then lending a sympathetic arm around the shoulder? No, Rento would never do a thing like that would he, with his little company offering e-mail to his little clan mates.

*goes to have some food*

Freaky Fryd
07-08-04, 12:54
You mean Rento stealing all your stuff then lending a sympathetic arm around the shoulder?

No, I don't...but thanks for trying...here's a silver star.
Better luck next year, when you try this grade again.
*pats Genty on the head*
Here's your helmet, so run along now and don't eat any more paste.

ROZZER187
07-08-04, 12:55
voted no, even though many people have duped items and clans have 100 mill + i have a one man clan for my constructor i build and sell troop carriers.

i would be guttered to see all my cash gone from an item/ cash wipe.
though i do see where people are coming from voting yes for the wipe, i want one too but it will be too much and somewhere along the line your gonna see people saying they hate kk :wtf:

Genty
07-08-04, 13:02
here's a silver star.

Wooo, a silver star, mummy will be pleased.

*pats Genty on the head*

Mummy, mummy, that nasty man touched me, can I sue him for it, please mummy.

Here's your helmet, so run along now and don't eat any more paste.

yay, my helmet, i better put it on, I would not want to strike a nerve.

i want one too but it will be too much and somewhere along the line your gonna see people saying they hate kk

People do already.

Cypher_Psy
07-08-04, 13:32
If NC2 was an expansion then the very nature of an expansion would mean to add-on to what exists, thus item wiping etc would possibly be an issue as there is an existing database to modify...

However, afaik, NC2 is what it's name suggests, a sequel, a continuation in the series but *not* an expansion.
As in a NEW game (with themes, mechanics and ideas carried over from nc1), but with a *new* database.
As harsh as it sounds, why should certain people be allowed a head start in a *new* game?
You cannot wipe clean what is already clean...

However if NC2 becomes an expansion rather than a *new* product then yes, I would be pissed at forced item loss.

FYI: I didn't vote as the idea only applies if KK would let you import chars into NC2..

ufora
07-08-04, 14:18
i vote for a 100% wipe

(and yes i have been playing for ages and i have practiacally everthing there is to have but i want to start again)

jini
07-08-04, 14:28
Here we go again....
Question: where do the wiped items go after the wipe???
I'm thinking of making a recycling facility... accepting all this stuff

2nd question: Why does Lexx has 4 green dots and I only one? I WANT green dots!

Lisa
07-08-04, 14:31
I think at least everything should be wiped except the inventory, quickbelt, imps and armor. Perhaps the inventory should be wiped, too, because this means, that you will not be able to transfer item stacks. It also depends on how many exploited items are around. I guess, that there are for example a lot more spirit mods around, than there should be. The sniper wasn't killed that often. These things should be wiped in my opinion. Another problem is, that everyone who plays on a 4-char server has enough slots to transfer a lot of equipment, even if he has only used one slot.
That leads me to the suggestion: You can keep everything on the old servers, but you are only allowed to transfer your implants, armor and safeslot to a doy-server, no inventory, no quickbelt slots 2-10 and nothing in the processor window. Money should be limited, too. Perhaps 1 million.
In my opinion the economy is totally ruined at the moment and there has to be a fresh start. KK expects a lot of new players in Neocron 2 and they should start their neocron lives in a working economy that's not flooded with tons of stuff from the old players. :cool:
/edit Perhaps only one DoY-server where you're allowed to transfer a lot of items, then keep the others clean, like I mentioned before. I'd start on a clean doy-server then. :)

V. Brett Walker
07-08-04, 15:28
This once again, is a simply a smoke screen. I don't know how many times I need to stress this. The mere fact that we are even talking about a item wipe is proof that KK hasn't a clue on how to transfer their game in an expansion. I must be the only one in this game, who sees this as a total fuck up on KK's part.
People, listen to me. There is NO reason to even consider a fucking item and money wipe. Why are we even talking about this? It's because this tiny company, doesn't know how to do an expansion, without starting from scratch.

You really mean to tell me that you people will consider even taking a poll on an item wipe? You must be out of your minds. Tell KK to add their expansion (one year over due) and do what thier supposed to do to avoid a wipe. If KK can't carry over our items from Neocron to NC2, then fuck DOY! For those not knowing, how much are they reallly adding to the expansion to warrent an item wipe to begin with? One more city, included with sewers and furniture, big fucking deal!
Keep it, and let me keep my shit. KK, Don't come to us with any bullshit, until you can do the expansion correctly. The fact that things are so screwed up now, is because you've dropped the ball on what could have been a great game. I'm sure you'll screw DOY up as well. But for what it's worth, I still love this game, just sick of your bullshit and lack of support.

jini
07-08-04, 16:52
I'm sure you'll screw DOY up as well. But for what it's worth, I still love this game, just sick of your bullshit and lack of support.
Do you have any backup for all this, or it's pure speculation?

Jest
07-08-04, 16:55
lol. This thread is now rated 2 stars. I am sad. :( I think I will go cry in my room for a while. ;)

V. Brett Walker
07-08-04, 17:16
Hmmmm. boys and girls. Let's really think about this one, shall we?
We have a game here, that we all love. I know this because I've been playing this game since the early stages of Beta 2, so I know of what I speak. This game has been plagued with bugs from the door, or day one. I like you have continued playing it because I love it. I have sat back for years reading your great many post from weapon balance to OP fights. I've listened in on your gripes about LE chips and faction wars. In short, I've been the quiet listener.

I could post a 10 page review of this game and point out so many reasons to stay..and to leave. I remember so much about this game, and the great many changes it has made. I remember so many players, that have come and gone for reasons KK is more then aware of. To be honest, I have sat back for too long, going in silence. With so many upcoming MMRPG coming down the pike, I may have decided to move on, hence the recent posts on my part.

As for the item wipe? I said it before, and will say it again. You must be out of your minds to even be posting an acceptence of this kind. It sort of pisses me off, that you people have even said in so many words "It's okay" I Van Brett Walker aka VBW aka Ms. Walker aka Taylor T Walker say you people have flipped out! There are many players like myself who have hunted and trade skilled themselves into millions. don't tell me it can't be done.

I have never been in a clan, and along with players that I know in real life, have managed to really enjoy this game despite it great many bug problems, that WILL NOT go away because of some expansion!

If you people think DOY will solve the problems of Neocron, your more lost then I thought. DOY will bring the same bugs, along with spanking brand new ones and a too little too late expansion to boot. 8|

Genty
07-08-04, 17:50
As for the item wipe? I said it before, and will say it again. You must be out of your minds to even be posting an acceptence of this kind. It sort of pisses me off, that you people have even said in so many words "It's okay" I Van Brett Walker aka VBW aka Ms. Walker aka Taylor T Walker say you people have flipped out!

Whats wrong with wanting an item wipe? A Fresh start from all the shit from the past. (I know I am slowly going insaine but it does not change my view.)

I have never been in a clan, and along with players that I know in real life, have managed to really enjoy this game despite it great many bug problems, that WILL NOT go away because of some expansion!

*shrugs* Who knows. It's doubtful that all the bugs will disappear completely but it is likely that they will be reduced....only waiting for NC2 and playing it can be the judge of that.

If you people think DOY will solve the problems of Neocron, your more lost then I thought. DOY will bring the same bugs, along with spanking brand new ones and a too little too late expansion to boot. 8|

Nah, Dome Of York won't solve Neocron's problems, they are war'ing cities, I don't think they will do each other favours!!...........

Bringing in new bugs is a possibility but it is pure speculation until we see it for ourselves....at release.

Seven
07-08-04, 18:50
This is a tough situation, MJS's last statement on this is that there will NOT be a wipe and we WILL be able to transfer our current characters.

Then all this speculating came up about this and that and why some people want a wipe and why some people think there will be a wipe because of new features with tracking or because KK hasn't said ANYTHING about the various threads concerning this issue.

I myself have gotten caught up in it, but the fact remains the last official word is NO wipe and transfer of characters.

Now think of this, KK's intent was to transfer our accounts in tact.
(MJS's words, not mine)
They now are seeing polls with options like this that may give them ideas on actually doing it whereas they weren't going to in the first place.

Last official word, NO wipe, characters WILL be transfered.

Point being, we can only go by what HAS been said and not by what we are all worried about.

tomparadox
07-08-04, 21:03
I just wanted to repeat what Ive said before. I didnt make this post to take away all your items. I made this post to save some of them. Unless I have totally missed my mark, all signs point to wipe despite having no official word one way or the other. What ever the case, however, Im anxiously awaiting the announcement just as much as you guys. So lets hope to see it soon. :p
And i jest whant to repeet my self, NO, i DONT whant to lose ALL or event SOME of them, i dont care i whant them all, no exeptions. I dont care if you whant them whiped, i dont care if you have some waked ass ideas in your heads ( that gos for all the people saying yes ) that you all can tell KK to whipe all the items, I pay 10$ a month and its MY shit that I collected in MY time, who the hell are you people to say that MY items or even some of them are suposed to be whiped? My time is valuable, to wipe my items is like geting rid of all the effort and time iv put into this game IMHO, everything i would have done to get them would have been a waste of time.

I dont care about any of the ideas they all suck because its deeling with MY SHIT and i DONT whant someone else telling KK what they are suposed to do with MY stuff and everyone elses stuff that already plays the game.

This should NOT be done unless the ENTIRE nc comunity agrees, wich will never happen, I for one do not like people comeing on saying that all the items or some of the items are suposed to be whiped with DoY, because you dont know how much time/effort/money i have put into playing this game to have my items whiped by some people with a halfass idea that makeing an item whipe is going to solv NCs problems.

I have asked all of my m8s that i know ingame about this idea, they all say theyd leav, id leav along with almost every single one of my freinds and i know many many more would leav too.

Get it out of your head i dont care how helpful you people think it would be. But the items are mine - Not yours, and i for one whant mine. For you people that think there should be one? why dont you all jest go dump yours in the midle of the wastlands if you think it will be fun to start over, or sell them and give away the monye. but dont try to get KK to whipe even some of the items jest becuase you *think* its going to help something...

Im not sure if iv said this the best way i could, if you get my point good, if you dont ill put it more simply for you - Ite MY items, and I whant to keep them. And IMHO - No one will tell me what is suposed to be done with them.

Genty
07-08-04, 21:10
And i jest whant to repeet my self, NO, i DONT whant to lose ALL or event SOME of them, i dont care i whant them all, no exeptions. I dont care if you whant them whiped, i dont care if you have some waked ass ideas in your heads ( that gos for all the people saying yes ) that you all can tell KK to whipe all the items, I pay 10$ a month and its MY shit that I collected in MY time, who the hell are you people to say that MY items or even some of them are suposed to be whiped? My time is valuable, to wipe my items is like geting rid of all the effort and time iv put into this game IMHO, everything i would have done to get them would have been a waste of time.

Your items won't be wiped if you continue to play NC1. However, if you are wanting to play NC2 (marketed as a _new_ game) then I think all items should go bye bye.

Drake6k
07-08-04, 21:13
lol. This thread is now rated 2 stars. I am sad. :( I think I will go cry in my room for a while. ;)

<3 I got it up to 3. Everyone 5 star this thing!

tomparadox
07-08-04, 21:15
Your items won't be wiped if you continue to play NC1. However, if you are wanting to play NC2 (marketed as a _new_ game) then I think all items should go bye bye.
What the fuck are you dense? im not playing NC1, i dont whant my items whiped for NC2 i dont care who thinks it will fix what. Unless MJS himself comes on this damn post and tells me that there HAS to be an item whipe i will say no. And if he dose that - ill leav. Im done bullshiting around waiting for a game to come out, then to lose all the time iv put into my char in the last year or so. If you whipe my items it jest says to me "Screw you we dont care about how much time youv stuck into it". So yea, whipe them if you whant sure, be stupid. Wach the population die from your reclining char with a nice bag of popcorn as people spred a bad rep about KK and the company who delayed a game for a year +, then whiped everyones items who had to pay for an account upgrade that was suposed to be free.

I can asure you, the voise of the pissed off people that lose all there items will out weigh the voise of the people who think the game is still good.

Genty
07-08-04, 21:20
What the fuck are you dense? im not playing NC1, i dont whant my items whiped for NC2 i dont care who thinks it will fix what.

What are you playing currently then? Because it is not NC2.

If you whipe my items it jest says to me "Screw you we dont care about how much time youv stuck into it". So yea, whipe them if you whant sure, be stupid. Wach the population die from your reclining char with a nice bag of popcorn as people spred a bad rep about KK and the company who delayed a game for a year +, then whiped everyones items who had to pay for an account upgrade that was suposed to be free.

o_O I am whiping items now? cool.

PS: I am enjoying this.

tomparadox
07-08-04, 21:24
What are you playing currently then? Because it is not NC2. dude, dont push my buttons. You know what i ment unless your a complete moron. Btw jest to clearify incase ( dare i say it ) you are what i jest said, I meen when DoY comes out, forgive me for forgeting to stick that in so all the kiddys will know what im saying.

PS: I am enjoying this. Good, i hope you enjoy watching NC fall because of some halfass idea. ( when DoY comes out i meen )

Drake6k
07-08-04, 21:25
What are you playing currently then? Because it is not NC2.

PS: I am enjoying this.

http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/13-tankpasmiley.gif http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/images/smilies/whip.gif

Genty
07-08-04, 21:27
dude, dont push my buttons. You know what i ment unless your a complete moron.

TBH, it's pritty hard to grasp anything you type.

Good, i hope you enjoy watching NC fall because of some halfass idea. ( when DoY comes out i meen )

Whatever happens, happens, it really does not have a huge effect on my life and I will enjoy whatever I do.

tomparadox
07-08-04, 21:33
TBH, it's pritty hard to grasp anything you type.
oh, well im sorry for my bad grammer and spelling.

Whatever happens, happens, it really does not have a huge effect on my life and I will enjoy whatever I do.
yes, i can see you people dont give a shit about the people who dont whant there items whiped. And i am willing to bet that KK whont do it.

What i was trying to say is, IMHO, its not right for you, or jest, or anyone else to tell KK what they are suposed to do with other peoples items.

Genty
07-08-04, 21:40
What i was trying to say is, IMHO, its not right for you, or jest, or anyone else to tell KK what they are suposed to do with other peoples items.

I am not telling KK anything, I am hoping for an item wipe for the "new" game, simple as that.

Guber Garber
07-08-04, 21:45
No matter how much is added to 'NC2' it is still going to be NC1 with a new splash of paint. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, it is the best thing in my opinion, new areas, better resolution, new ways of doing things perhaps, but it will still be Neocron 1 with a fresh coat of paint.

Lareolan
08-08-04, 02:59
That is not a good idea. I hate the idea of a wipe, I am not rich, when I quit I gave away everything I had at the time so when I cme back I started accumulating things from scratch. But I have at least one level 3 apartment's worth of items of sentimental value that I simply do not want to lose. An HL or a CS or any other dare can easily be replaced no matter how many slots it has, but items that have sentimental value are irreplaceable and I have many of those. Far too many to fit into a gogu (or 4).

I don't see a reason to make any kind of wipes. We all worked hard for what we have and we paid money for it too ($10/mo for 2 years is quite a bit of money honestly). If there is too much money, put in cash syncs, that will filter out all the excess money in time... Some people have too many items? So what? They can only use 1 gun at a time anyway. So why does it matter if they have 100 PEs? How does that make them any better than someone who just has one?

So no, a wipe would really piss a lot of people off, myself included. :(

-FN-
10-08-04, 21:11
For reasons I guess nobody else gets, I'm all for a complete item/money/char wipe :rolleyes: And this is coming from someone with 3 capped chars, and almost two years of clan-shared goods in more level 3 apartments than I care to remember having. All my weps are all 120, I have cash spilling out of my ears, I have apartments of unressed techs as well as apartments overflowing with ressed ones. But I still am all for a wipe. Why? I play Neocron for fun and to occupy my time. there is no better way to keep me at that then to start over, which I probably woudln't do by choice. It's like being addicted to crack. And the only way I can get away from it is with an Intervention :p

Anyway, in the event that the carry-over of chars still happens, the gogo is a very decent solution that I'm willing to support and throw 5 fluffidy puffidy marshmallows at. And stars too.

Lareolan
11-08-04, 07:16
For reasons I guess nobody else gets, I'm all for a complete item/money/char wipe :rolleyes: And this is coming from someone with 3 capped chars, and almost two years of clan-shared goods in more level 3 apartments than I care to remember having. All my weps are all 120, I have cash spilling out of my ears, I have apartments of unressed techs as well as apartments overflowing with ressed ones. But I still am all for a wipe. Why? I play Neocron for fun and to occupy my time. there is no better way to keep me at that then to start over, which I probably woudln't do by choice. It's like being addicted to crack. And the only way I can get away from it is with an Intervention :p

Anyway, in the event that the carry-over of chars still happens, the gogo is a very decent solution that I'm willing to support and throw 5 fluffidy puffidy marshmallows at. And stars too.

Just because you had ALL of that and would like to start over, doesn't mean that someone who worked really hard to get a tiny little fraction of what you have would agree with you. Not everyone is lucky, many of us work really hard and barely get what we want after months of hard work. Any wipe is unfair and unacceptable!

ichinin
11-08-04, 07:38
No. Still want 2 separate servers.

1. Full import of character and items.
2. No import of character and items.

bounty
11-08-04, 07:53
Actually jest, i think there was a statement regarding wipes from MJS saying there would NOT be a character or item whipe a while back.

IceStorm
11-08-04, 07:57
Unless MJS has made another post recently, the only thing he's on record as saying is that there won't be a character wipe. He also said in that post that all accounts get converted to BDOY and that if you want to continue using the "classic" client that you'd most likely have to start over on a new classic server.

To my knowledge, he's never posted about item/apartment/cash wipes or otherwise.

Benjie
11-08-04, 08:36
dude, dont push my buttons.
Up, Down, Left, Right, A, B, X, Y, OMG I JUST DID TEH WHIPE CHEAT! Now I get teh item trAckinK and I thinKG dat I fix teh econamy. I r uber.

Original monk
11-08-04, 08:47
Up, Down, Left, Right, A, B, X, Y,

cool, ya play neocron on a playstation :P

Crest
11-08-04, 08:57
So thats 4 chars on some servers with 40 items each = 160 items.....

Put that in proportion. To distort the economy once a wipe has occured, you need to have a few million say 10 million. Now we have 160 slots, or which we can dedicate 10 to ensurig we have money thats.... either 10 *249 troop carriers, or 10 * 249 c10's..... C10's sell for 75K in the shops for me so that 10 * 249 * 75 = 186,750,000. On the other hand I could sell the troops in the same way for 110K each which is a lot more

People will find ways around this. Where would I get 2500 c10's ... easy ....since money means nothing pre possible wipe, just buy and buy and buy .... offering 65k or 70k no need to make a profit, you just investing in your future....

That said, being the richest person by a long way on the server, means you can then buy and own the market for a month on all new things ....

One guy on uranus does the following .... builds a weapon (rare) with a slot or 5 ..... then sells it for unressed rares ... this allows him to get and build more, which he sells for more unressed rares ... effectively he is selling 5 or 6 matched rares for 30 - 60 random rares. Eventually h had the market on best weapons.....

I dont want a wipe of any kind, as this is a short term solution ... rather lets work on something long term

SorkZmok
11-08-04, 13:26
After thinking it over again and again i think a partial wipe would be best. But not the gogu as you can stack stuff in it, like 249 troop carrier BPs. Rather let people keep their implants, armor and QB. Maybe also whats in yer processor, can't stack stuff in there.

But completely wipe spirit mods and spirit modded guns. o_O

coppertop
11-08-04, 18:06
Why is everyone talking about "the wipe" as if it's already been decided and AS IF NC2 WAS TO BE RUN ON THE SAME SERVERS?

Makes me go even more crazy than before.... It's a new game, new servers, ie EVERYONE should start from scratch, no matter what.

Its not a new game. Its an addon thats being marketed as a new game to draw new players and get KK out of there 'DoY will be free to all players' statement. ;)

Sorontar
11-08-04, 18:20
I'm a researcher.

Find a way of fitting the whole of my BP archive into a Gogo and Id say yes ........... as it is it's a definite no.

El_MUERkO
11-08-04, 18:35
So thats 4 chars on some servers with 40 items each = 160 items.....

Put that in proportion. To distort the economy once a wipe has occured, you need to have a few million say 10 million. Now we have 160 slots, or which we can dedicate 10 to ensurig we have money thats.... either 10 *249 troop carriers, or 10 * 249 c10's..... C10's sell for 75K in the shops for me so that 10 * 249 * 75 = 186,750,000. On the other hand I could sell the troops in the same way for 110K each which is a lot more

People will find ways around this. Where would I get 2500 c10's ... easy ....since money means nothing pre possible wipe, just buy and buy and buy .... offering 65k or 70k no need to make a profit, you just investing in your future....

That said, being the richest person by a long way on the server, means you can then buy and own the market for a month on all new things ....

One guy on uranus does the following .... builds a weapon (rare) with a slot or 5 ..... then sells it for unressed rares ... this allows him to get and build more, which he sells for more unressed rares ... effectively he is selling 5 or 6 matched rares for 30 - 60 random rares. Eventually h had the market on best weapons.....

I dont want a wipe of any kind, as this is a short term solution ... rather lets work on something long term
They could do a wipe that protects certain kinds of of item or only the items in your quickbelt and your implants, if you're overloaded they start by removing your implants to lighten the load.

But before we get into the hows lets wait and see if KK plan to wipe personally.

---------------

If they do plan a wipe I'd like to see KK ask us to close down and clean out all clan apps + all clan bank accounts + all bought apps + all Stock-X money.

That would leave us with our starter app + gogo + inventory + Quickbelt + implants + Bank account.

Sure some people might have better stuff and more money than others but with those limits 90% of runners would be able to keep their best stuff and then some without being able to muck up the economy much.

garyu69
11-08-04, 19:01
How about this:

No Item wipe at all.

Add a brand new server.

There you go problem solved. Those who want no wipe are happy.

Those who do bugger off to the new server :)

Done.
Idea approved.
Thread closed.