PDA

View Full Version : NLP Skillmanager

Notorious Fish
25-07-04, 23:11
When I try and run it I get a window that says Class Not Registarted missed the .DLL file that comes with it... So whats the problem?

Barak
25-07-04, 23:12
go start > run and type this in "regsvr32 MSSTDFMT.DLL"

Notorious Fish
25-07-04, 23:18
LoadLibrary(" MSSTDFMT.DLL") failed- could not be found... but I freaking have it in my folder.

Barak
25-07-04, 23:19
humm iirc you have to extract it too your root folder or the windows directory.

Notorious Fish
25-07-04, 23:21
so just throw it in in c:/windows ?

Barak
25-07-04, 23:22
aye

should work then

Maarten
25-07-04, 23:22
or windows/system32 dir

You can also add the correct path to your run command...

Notorious Fish
25-07-04, 23:28
well i threw it in /windows... no go
i threw it in /windows/system32.... no go
so what now

Barak
25-07-04, 23:36
well i threw it in /windows... no go
i threw it in /windows/system32.... no go
so what now
well i know this is no help but im stumped :(

Notorious Fish
25-07-04, 23:37
Oh well...

Herbitt
25-07-04, 23:37
I had this problem, i just reinstalled NLPro, perhaps this works for you ....

Juht
25-07-04, 23:57
Where did you get the dll from? Make sure you downloaded it from a reputable source.

In any case,

If you put the dll in C:\Windows then type in Run:
C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\MSSTDFMT.DLL

If you put the dll in C:\Windows\System32 then type in Run:
C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\System32\MSSTDFMT.DLL

If neither of those are working, then you may have registered it incorrectly somehow and could try:
C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe /u MSSTDFMT.DLL

Then repeat the register process.

BramTops
26-07-04, 13:58
Ah crap.. I really should make a FAQ or something about this stuff...

Look, the SkillManager is a 3rd-party tool that's included in NLpro. If it - for some reason - doesn't work, re-installing NLpro will not accomplish anything; coz it's not an NLpro thingy.

The missing DLL is a DLL from the VB-runtimes. People on windows XP for example already have those, older system lack these. (Or i believe it what that anyway). I'm not including it in the installer because I'm not going to mess with people's systems.

Juht
27-07-04, 00:03
Actually the VB Run-Time DLLs are not on any Windows by default. For people that have this stuff working auto-magically is because they've had VB Run-Time DLLs installed by something else. For example, Office, Visual Studio, or some other 3rd-party software that needs VB-runtime.

I've installed NLpro on a few XP computers and I had to download and register the DLL. What you may want to consider is adding the official VB Run-Time library install from Microsoft to your NLpro installer for future versions.

Not sure if this is the latest:
MS VB6 Run-Time Library SP5 (1MB) (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bf9a24f9-b5c5-48f4-8edd-cdf2d29a79d5&displaylang=en)
Or to keep your NLpro installer at a reasonable size, just distribute the appropriate libraries needed:
MS VB6 Control Libraries (.CAB) (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;193366)

I understand why you may not want to add this to the NLpro distro itself, but for the sake of your users, either have the Skillmanager developer add it to their distro or add it yourself.