PDA

View Full Version : Community Representatives

StryfeX
25-07-04, 22:06
Ok, I've been attempting to get in contact with the community rep, RaTMaN McCruel for the last few days and he hasn't responded to me. I do note, however, that he seems to be rather active in the German Community Talk forum. He's also only posted about 4 times on the English Community Talk forum, too.

That having been said, I'd like to propose a change. I think that we should appoint one Community Representative for each of the three major communities. That means one for the English Community, one for the German Community, and one for the French Community (if that's a viable option.) (The French rep could maybe talk to both Alchemaic (sp?) Dream and/or KK.)

Discuss.

--Stryfe

40$Poser
25-07-04, 22:09
hmm, question. Has he made anyone posts within the past 4 days? If he hasn't maybe he's on vacation or something urgent came up? If he has, well... I don't know what to say. I'm guessing KK is set in their decsion to have 1 rep for the whole neocron community, but if there is a lack of communication between half of the community, something needs to be addressed or changed.

greendonkeyuk
25-07-04, 22:10
i think we should give the guy a chance to respond, if he does have a major workload and doesnt have the time it obviously takes to do the job then maybe some other people could help out.

Lexx for president. :D

StryfeX
25-07-04, 22:10
hmm, question. Has he made anyone posts within the past 4 days? If he hasn't maybe he's on vacation or something urgent came up? If he has, well... I don't know what to say. I'm guessing KK is set in their decsion to have 1 rep for the whole neocron community, but if there is a lack of communication between half of the community, something needs to be addressed or changed.He was last active today, about 30 minutes ago.

--Stryfe

40$Poser
25-07-04, 22:12
He was last active today, about 30 minutes ago.

--Stryfe

ouch, then indeed something needs to be done.

Lexxuk
25-07-04, 22:14
Lexx for president. :D

Only if I get my own interns ;) :angel:

But yeah, the only time he's been active in the English forum is to say how active he is o_O

Fact of the matter is we need an English speaking rep, and a French speaking rep (though that should be down to AD to decide).

Beliar
25-07-04, 23:39
JFYI: He has been on vacation for 5 days and just returned this evening.

Marx
25-07-04, 23:42
I don't really care about the community representative position, its worthless really.

In most cases if you have a question and you ask a dev/GM/mod they can and will give you a partial answer on your question based on what they know.

What I do want to see is more interaction between devs and the like with the fledgling Neocron fan sites. There are several - and I think it would be great if they were able to discuss things with the Devs... It would ensure that they get traffic from the community and it would give them [the sites] reason to keep things current and expand.

Tratos
25-07-04, 23:43
Yet he posted 3 days ago http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1484871#post1484871

40$Poser
25-07-04, 23:52
Yet he posted 3 days ago http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1484871#post1484871

hmm, labtop? tho that still doesn't answer why he's failing to respond to the english community (or at least Tratos attempts to contact him)

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 00:08

Which is even more incentive to have different rep's so one can help fill in the spot of another if one has to go to the dentist, 5 days with no community rep (although to be fair, its been no active rep on the English side forever) or 5 days with a rep that can use google for translation?

Lexxuk for president :p

DonnyJepp
26-07-04, 07:50
I nominate StryfeX for English community representative.

:angel:

Benjie
26-07-04, 08:14
Who nominates me? I want to be nominated.

"Hi my name is Benjie, and I represent the whole English community!" :D

Ramzi
26-07-04, 09:06
there's already enough favouritism on these boards tbh. dont need anymore

I nominate StryfeX for English community representative.

:angel:

i killed him last night at military base with a friend.

so now anything i need done from him will be dismissed just because he dislikes me.

no thanks

Twitch
26-07-04, 09:11
so now anything i need done from him will be dismissed just because he dislikes me.

no thanks

ha doesn't that sound familiar.

Ramzi
26-07-04, 09:12
ya that's why i said enough.

DonnyJepp
26-07-04, 09:56
I nominate Twitch for French community representative

:D

Ramzi
26-07-04, 10:01

I second this.

Anyone else?

Twitch
26-07-04, 10:03

C'EST COMMENCEMENT TOUTE DE SUITE

aKe`cj
26-07-04, 10:15
As you might or might not know, the main task of the comm-rep is to represent the community towards KK..meaning, Ra-TM-aN's main task is to search the forums for ideas / questions & needs of the players and to forward them to the corresponding person at KK. I highly doubt, that he himself is capable to answer most of your questions. I know Ra-TM-aN for quite a while now and I can say without a doubt that he will fullfil his (voluntary) duty to the highest standard possible... and I do not think he would favour input from the German forum over your ideas & suggestions. I agree that a little notice / respond would be appropiate in most cases, but since I dont know how busy he is // what the content of your mail was, he is the only one that can explain this to you. The comm-rep is not the bottleneck of the flow from idea/brainport -> implementation/change... this would not change with 2, 3 or a 100 representatives.

StryfeX
26-07-04, 16:09
Thank you Ramzi and Twitch for your *non-contructive* posts. I'd also like to welcome you to my ignore list.

Now, I'd like to update this thread saying that RaTMaN has just replied to me, so it appears he's not as inactive as I first thought. That being said, I still support having an individual representative for each of the major communities.

--Stryfe

Ozambabbaz
26-07-04, 16:29
personally, i was under the impression that appointing Ratman was a kind of a probe, as to see if it could be worthwhile and lucrative to have a community representative.

So if it's good KK gets the feedback and they'll then decide what structure will be established, ie if the reps need helpers, how many reps there's to be etc.

Chris Redfield
26-07-04, 16:43
C'EST COMMENCEMENT TOUTE DE SUITE

C'est maintenant que ça commence :D

It is a very good idea now remains to know what KK will think.

Until A maintaining the community French is not very listened to contrary to you others.

If your idea succeeded, I think that all the communities could benefit from it.

StryfeX
26-07-04, 18:13
To be quite honest with people, I wouldn't want to be the English Community Rep. This forum is almost like an insane asylum, and representing that would not be entirely desirable. My main goal is to make sure that all communities are getting equal representation and information.

--Stryfe

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 18:51
To be quite honest with people, I wouldn't want to be the English Community Rep. This forum is almost like an insane asylum, and representing that would not be entirely desirable. My main goal is to make sure that all communities are getting equal representation and information.

--Stryfe

we need an insane person to run the insane people! I vote you for insanity :D

-FN-
26-07-04, 19:28
I vote yes...

(and for me :p)

greendonkeyuk
26-07-04, 19:40
without tryin to troll/flame anyone, youre actions in game may alienate a few people but the drivel you spout on the boards will surely help more people to realise how intelligent you can be. im not gonna name names however.

Stryfe you would make a good representative imo m8, but if you dont wanna do it then who does? I can think of a handful of people whom i feel would adequately and accurately represent this community but unless people actively step up and volunteer then we wont get anywhere. Personally i dont have time to contribute in this way but i would pledge full support during the time i do play to helping out any representative who does want to accept the challenge.

StryfeX
26-07-04, 19:41
we need an insane person to run the insane people! I vote you for insanity :DInsane asylum. Lexxuk. Insane asylum. Lexxuk. Boy those two go well together! :p

--Stryfe

StryfeX
26-07-04, 19:48
without tryin to troll/flame anyone, youre actions in game may alienate a few people but the drivel you spout on the boards will surely help more people to realise how intelligent you can be. im not gonna name names however.

Stryfe you would make a good representative imo m8, but if you dont wanna do it then who does? I can think of a handful of people whom i feel would adequately and accurately represent this community but unless people actively step up and volunteer then we wont get anywhere. Personally i dont have time to contribute in this way but i would pledge full support during the time i do play to helping out any representative who does want to accept the challenge.Let me put it this way. If the people in the community thought I would be the best rep, I would accept. But I personally can think of a few people that (I think) would probably do just as well or better than I would. Lexxuk (if he could learn to control t3h sp4mz0r inside :p); -FN- is usually pretty good and level-headed; QD would be another obvious candidate. But as I said, if KK decides to add a community rep for the English community, I would do it if people wanted me to.

--Stryfe

Crappit. Double-post. :\

QuantumDelta
26-07-04, 19:59
I'd still prefer a headed council.

failing that, someone without class or pvp/anti-pvp bias, without a server bias, or preferably someone who plays/has played on all servers for their language.

Is well known in their community.

Can be trusted not to follow their own agenda.
Can be trusted to put the majority view forward without spin.

Can be trusted to filter out 99% of the totally useless shite that's posted on these forums at times in a preposal/report.

Easily approachable.
Likely to have the time to consider everything.
Has a decent knowledge base about every, and, I do mean, every part of the game itself.

Can relate well to the Devs.

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 20:04
Insane asylum. Lexxuk. Insane asylum. Lexxuk. Boy those two go well together! :p

--Stryfe

Lexxuk (in) Insane asylum, Lexxuk (in) Insane asylum... yep, I see your point :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shujin
26-07-04, 20:44
Ratman is nice and all but... ive sent him some ideas multiple times, each time he doesnt even read them for 2-3 weeks after i send them.

That is entirely to slow. If he is burdened with many ideas it still wouldnt take 2-3 weeks. And if he is why not get him an assistant or counterpart?

2-3 weeks just to get a message "I will pass on to the devs" is a bit lame.

No offense rat, I wub ya, but im honest.