PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else feel like theres no point in nc?

ufora
25-07-04, 20:16
i went to pp on my tank to see lots of tg and and few anti tg fighting, and im anti tg and i joined them.

in side im fighting a tank and its pretty even, the tg apu's and ppu are away fighting sum1 else. the fight the tank is going pretty well then a stupid tank runs up to me with a gimpy knife and kills me in 2 or 3 'strokes'

:(

i go back on my ppu to help the the anti tg people. rezzing someone in pp my buffs drop and there almost all shooting me. clicking away on heal before i re s/d nothing happens :/ i zone into p3 so i cant wait till my spells stop lagging with 100 health

then im dead in p3

in under 30 seconds i run back to get my belt, not in p3 so i take a look in pp, nothing there. there wasnt even a spy at that time who could of hacked it my belt was just gone :(

the night before on pluto a tg clan 'took' 35 of the 36 ops in the map, so due to the lack of gr i can gr to theres no where for me to level. someone i was thinking of starting a clan with left the server coz of that.

going back to pp the next day to fight, even if tg dont try, theres more of them than me. alot of them happen to be the people who spam trade (tho most of them are in ayb now) with spam, so its really boring to fight

i cant gr anywhere else to fight because the gr's are locked, and when i get there theres either no one there, or about 10 people there. i cant go to places to level properly because i cant gr anywhere either, so coz i cant level my ppu enough i cant fight more than maybe 2(me and attacker) vs 5(with no ppu)

i think about going to other servers but its just the same. i log onto saturn to see i need to lom my tank and then cant be arsed because of stupid loms

i would go play on venus, jupiter, uranus but i know alot of the twats on pluto play on those server because there such fucking losers they have time to level chars to a decent pvp level 8 times

im now thinking of going tg so i can at least gr places to fight (preferably with other tg people)

what is the point?

Techi
25-07-04, 21:32
The ops have been fixed....Silent went on some spree for some reason. Things should be more open now. Most of the ills you spoke of were a one night thing, and are over with now, but some are due to fundamental flaws that seem to occur with the slow death of a game.

I could say to bear with it, I could say you should quit and get it over with. Neither would be beneficial. All I can say is that there's still people around to actually play the game with, and if you give it some time, they'll surface for you.

Rai Wong
25-07-04, 21:33
the pp area needs to be expanded, and have some sort of incentive to make the fights go outside of that area into other pp areas, well on uranus nobodies ever there, so thats really nothing to do. I don't even mind fighting agaisnt a melee tank or hybrid gayasses but at least there is something to hit.

Ramzi
25-07-04, 21:34
The best leveling places don't even require you to be allied or whatever to the op owners.

Point Red
Escador
Battle Dome

etc. learn to play the game.

Carinth
25-07-04, 21:54
Maybe you havn't played a ppu enough to notice it, but lots of people hate us. Just by being in pp, we're considered lower then lawyers. Afterall everything we do ruins pvp : p That's why everyone went after ya. And PPU belts are the only worthwhile belts to hack really. Everyone else drops crappy spells or armor. So that's part of the fun of being a PPU.

Shakari
25-07-04, 21:55
The best leveling places don't even require you to be allied or whatever to the op owners.

Point Red
Escador
Battle Dome

etc. learn to play the game.

learn to play the game you may want to do that to Point red is for high lvl teams only not great exp due to the dmg the mobs do, Escador is again high lvl teams due to the number of DOY bots unless your Allied to doy where the zones round it are good for fire stuff

Battle dome is ok for warbots but only ok and you get a fair few PK'er round there as with all public GR's :/

but non of them are the BEST lvling areas those are:

CRP & TG caves, Gabmium mine, swamp caves on the east of the map,
and el farid

the only one of these NOT OP controlled is el farid

so ufora is right about the lvling areas, don't try and persuade ppl that what he's saying is wrong because it isn't 95% of good lvling areas are in OP controlled sectors and if you can't GR there there a pain to get to :/

Ramzi
25-07-04, 21:58
Chaos caves suck ass.

I said point red because it's a 3 zone run to the best swamp caves in the game.

Yeah I forgot about el-farid, but that place sucks as well because there's always people there.

You're one of those losers who just team all day in crp/tg caves? Don't even talk about leveling spots rofl.

Btw the first level of the doy tunnels are like I think a zone away from escador...

Guess what ranks the mobs are? 80/80 and up.

Same as chaos.

ufora
25-07-04, 22:05
ok well ramzi ive been playing the game since start of retail so dont tell me how to play it.

tg chaos caves etc are best to level at because everyone thinks they are, thus teams go there often.

like i said i dont have time to search a zone for one 80/80 mob to kill, because i want to pvp. i went to gab on my tank the other and searched the whole sector for about half a hour (with zoning) and only found 2 rank 48 mobs

edit: carinth, i know people hate us, but its a joke even bothering when heals/shelter/def dont cast when you click, and some time take 3 - 5 seconds to work/ put away pull out again

Ramzi
25-07-04, 22:08
GG i've been here since beta 4.

Anyway you obviously haven't gone to doy tunnels if you think it requires searching.

It's okay. I was trying to give some advice (although being a dick about it) but stick to your CRP caves. They're sooooo good right?

:lol:

Afterthought: btw even on Saturn with the highest population, the caves are always empty.

greendonkeyuk
25-07-04, 22:16
It's okay. I was trying to give some advice (although being a dick about it) but stick to your CRP caves. They're sooooo good right?

caves solo is nice xp. boom! sorry was that your foot.

back on topic

you need to take a break dude. go play something else for a lil while. if youre that bored its best to do so. Take a month off download some crap beta games, play some games you havent played in a while. Maybe even go out to the pub or whatever. Jus dont think about the game. Maybe in a month you might come back and see how you feel about it then. If something you do to have fun makes you feel depressed its time to do fun things again.

boombang
25-07-04, 22:20
only things that make me think there is no point in NC are the continuous connection / crashing problems I have on my network which no-body seems to be able to help me with.

Apart from one guy giving me advice on some port settings, the next best attempt was to wait for NC2.....

That was before the thread was closed due to cross posting (because no-one ever replies to threads in P2P help, but only in community).

Doc Holliday
25-07-04, 22:21
change servers and find a decent clan there. its not too hard if u look. least if u can do cross server trades u can get your self started easy

Maloch Octavia
25-07-04, 23:30
Well, regardless what anyone says, there isn't any real point to Neocron, or any other MMO game, asides from to pass the time, and entertain yourself.

Yet just as with any other form of entertainment, be it clubbing, drinking, playing Cludeo or Monopoly, there is only so much you can do, before it loses its lustre.

The biggest issue with MMO's, is that it's a static game, IE: Your body is doing nothing, so the game has to be able to keep your brain fully occupied, or else you'll start to wane, and notice your bodies needs, and go do other things.

For example, I can sit for a full day playing Neocron, and feel satisfied with what I've achieved.
I can go cycle for a quarter of that time, and come back, feeling fulfilled.

Why? Well, I get more out of cycling, body motivation, endorphines, all that crap.

I've lost the love for Neocron for the time being, and the second time in my Neo history. I've got my main character at -34 SL because of you fucking BD's, and the Missions are borked, so I don't want to spend hours working it down, my other two chars are dedicated Traders, which, regardless what anyone says, is a horrible way to play the game, and my other char is a naff APU, that I can't be bothered levelling.

So I bought, downloaded and installed Planetside in six hours, and have been playing that non-stop for three days. It's an enjoyable enough game, I fully intend to get the full worth of the free month, but guarantee, it wont be getting my money after that. It's an extremely short-lived game. I'm part of an excellent Outfit on Werner Server, Vanu, but I find it's already, far too repetitive.

"Take this base.. Take that base.. Take that other base back.."

I mean, really, what a bad basis for a game. The worst bit being, is that for all the money invested, and for the expectation of you paying a fee, BF1942 still provides a lot more fun, and just as much in the way of tactics, if you're in a good Clan.

Someone never pointed out that really, you don't need a persistant world for this kind of game. Ho-hum. Still, I can imagine at the top-table, once you're actually high enough to direct the flow of troops, that it would be very engaging, my cup of tea, but I'm not willing to put in the hundreds of hours to get to that stage.

So, it's quite simply a case of, entertainment, entertaining for a bit, then fulfilling its duties, and time to move on to something else.
Personally, I've fixed my bike up, and I'm going to get into that again, go and cover some of the Fells of Scotland, see if I can make it along the West Highland Way without a puncture.

Cheaper, and more rewarding, ultimately.

rob444
25-07-04, 23:57
You say your belt was gone when you got there, maybe you were in a team and a teammate took it? I once remembered when I got pked in mb a long time ago on my spy, I dropped my belt and the guy who killed me hacked it in less than 2 seconds, looted the belt and ran away, my belt was gone before you could say Anna Nichole Smith. I know it's impossible to hack a belt at that time, maybe it's a bug that is still there.. Or some morons are using some sort of exploits to get the belt loot more quickly.

Ramzi
25-07-04, 23:58
You don't have to hack teammate's belts to open them.

PS OMG DONT DISCUSS EXPLOTIS112121

rob444
25-07-04, 23:59
I didnt discuss an exploit, I just said it "could" be some ppl that uses an exploit as advantage to get belt loot quicker.

Ramzi
26-07-04, 00:00
I was saving Gotterdamdamugnugnaugma the time that he'd take to post "please don't discuss exploits."

rob444
26-07-04, 00:01
There is a difference by talking about how exploits can be done and that exploits might exist.

Ramzi
26-07-04, 00:02
There is a difference by talking about how exploits can be done and that exploits might exist.

Yeah, tell that to Gotteramdaunguang

rob444
26-07-04, 00:03
Will do.

Dru Blood
26-07-04, 00:36
take a break do something else,

ive cut down alot on my game play, doing other things my nc hours seem to get less week by week,

metalangel
26-07-04, 01:53
I took a break from NC in May, because I had a lot to do - I was moving house cross country, getting settled in a new job, rekindling old friendships and spending lots of time with the missus again. Now, it's almost August, and I honestly haven't played NC for longer than an hour in a single sitting since then. Why? Because it's BORING and POINTLESS.

I don't feel like grinding the caves, but going levelling practically anywhere else would be wasting my time. I can't do missions to level DEX/STR as a monk or PSI as a spy because the missions are fucked. All my clannies and friends seem to have left.

Best of all, the old attitude of Cartel seems to have infected a large portion of people on Saturn, meaning it's now a contest to see who can be the biggest asshole.

In the meantime I've finished Gayness Ex 2 on my XBox and am working through both Beyond Good & Evil and Star Wars: KOTOR, and enjoying them all a lot. Have I gone off NC forever? What change will they have to make to interest me at all? Or was I just kidding myself the whole time and should remember that a large reason I persevered until May was working with SinRadio?

Even I don't know the answer to all those.

IceStorm
26-07-04, 02:18
the night before on pluto a tg clan 'took' 35 of the 36 ops in the map,Two of their longest term, highest ranking members were temp-banned for PKing at an event. Their retribution was to take and hold Pluto's map for a day or so. It was supposed to be a week, so be happy they got tired of it.
so due to the lack of gr i can gr to theres no where for me to level.Battle Dome, El Farid, Desert Racetrack, and Escador Oasis are all open. Battle Dome and Desert Racetrack have ASGs. Spec 12 to 25 VHC for a chaincraft/speed bike/hovertec and just drive to wherever you want to level, unless Saturn's vehicles don't work. Pluto's appear to be working fine. I haven't accessed an op GR in over a month since the one at Desert Racetrack went in.

I agree that the "point" of NC has lost much of its appeal. With Reakktor sitting on information about what happens to our characters in transition, there's little point to doing anything but skirmishing for most. Even my attempts to brute-force the rarepool will be in vain if I can't take any of it with me. The only upside is that it gets my PE and Hybrid that much closer to capping and if by some miracle KK says I can take all my gear with me, I'll be set for BDOY and WoC from the start.

Richard Slade
26-07-04, 02:31
I'd just like to point out that if yer SL is under 0 atleast I can,
perfectly unexploity, pop yer belt in less than 7 seconds
Some guy had that experience in plaza after killing me in the wastes and going home with bad SL... stupid bastard...

ufora
26-07-04, 12:07
Two of their longest term, highest ranking members were temp-banned for PKing at an event. Their retribution was to take and hold Pluto's map for a day or so. It was supposed to be a week, so be happy they got tired of it.Battle Dome, El Farid, Desert Racetrack, and Escador Oasis are all open. Battle Dome and Desert Racetrack have ASGs. Spec 12 to 25 VHC for a chaincraft/speed bike/hovertec and just drive to wherever you want to level, unless Saturn's vehicles don't work. Pluto's appear to be working fine. I haven't accessed an op GR in over a month since the one at Desert Racetrack went in.

I agree that the "point" of NC has lost much of its appeal. With Reakktor sitting on information about what happens to our characters in transition, there's little point to doing anything but skirmishing for most. Even my attempts to brute-force the rarepool will be in vain if I can't take any of it with me. The only upside is that it gets my PE and Hybrid that much closer to capping and if by some miracle KK says I can take all my gear with me, I'll be set for BDOY and WoC from the start.

ive lost so many vehicles whilst zoning its pointless. like i said i dont want to search a sector to onlu find 3 or 4 warbots i cant even hack.

all ive taken to now is buying and trading stuff i dont have so i can have everything.

with so many crashes/lag i dont see the point either in even bothering (tho suprising my ppu crashed in mc5 and i was still alive when i logged back in!)

Shakari
26-07-04, 16:57
Chaos caves suck ass.

Yeah I forgot about el-farid, but that place sucks as well because there's always people there.

You're one of those losers who just team all day in crp/tg caves? Don't even talk about leveling spots rofl.

Btw the first level of the doy tunnels are like I think a zone away from escador...

Same as chaos.

LOL in that case takes a loser to know one I didn't insult you in my reply or call you any name... grow up and stop acting like a peeved 12 year old!!!

Why shouldn't I talk about lvling spots Chaos caves aren't then end all and be all of them AND DID I SAY "I team all day in crp/tg caves?" NO i didn't I just mentioned them as a lvling spot actually so stop flaming!!!

maybe your idea of lvling spot are a bit screwed doy tunnels are for HIGH LVL TEAMS with at least 1 PPU.... hmm now why is sitting in there not the same as the chaos caves

Chaos caves are good because with a team you don't need to be high lvl you can go in there at mid lvl

Same goes for EL farid I have been having fun with my 25/25 hybrid in el farid and getting good exp solo :)

Strych9
26-07-04, 17:41
Chaos caves suck ass.

Same as chaos.What a shallow view of the levelling spots.

Are you seriously implying that tunnels level 1 is anything like the chaos caves in terms of levelling ability? How many PEs or Spies, or hell even tanks or APUs can solo the DOY tunnels, even on level 1? What about as a newb?

Here are the facts:

1. Chaos mobs move much slower than tunnel mobs
2. Chaos mobs have no AOE attacks
3. Chaos caves have shorter lines of sight so you can more quickly move to a safe place to heal
4. Chaos caves go up to 100/100 in mob rank, 120/120 if you hit one with the queen.
5. Chaos mobs arent going to be extra resistant to energy attacks, while DOY mobs likely will be (dont know for sure).
6. Chaos caves have mobs that spawn other mobs
7. Chaos caves are linear, so no chance for any suprise attacks or going the wrong way

Now with all that being said, we are supposed to think that the tunnels are in some way a better spot to level in?

ufora
26-07-04, 18:05
What a shallow view of the levelling spots.

Are you seriously implying that tunnels level 1 is anything like the chaos caves in terms of levelling ability? How many PEs or Spies, or hell even tanks or APUs can solo the DOY tunnels, even on level 1? What about as a newb?

Here are the facts:

1. Chaos mobs move much slower than tunnel mobs
2. Chaos mobs have no AOE attacks
3. Chaos caves have shorter lines of sight so you can more quickly move to a safe place to heal
4. Chaos caves go up to 100/100 in mob rank, 120/120 if you hit one with the queen.
5. Chaos mobs arent going to be extra resistant to energy attacks, while DOY mobs likely will be (dont know for sure).
6. Chaos caves have mobs that spawn other mobs
7. Chaos caves are linear, so no chance for any suprise attacks or going the wrong way

Now with all that being said, we are supposed to think that the tunnels are in some way a better spot to level in?

8) theres more of them