PDA

View Full Version : Will you stay after a item wipe at BDOY/NC2 ?

-Demon-
25-07-04, 18:28
Quite a simple poll really.

Will you leave NC if KK wipe items from your characters?

I know this has been discussed in other threads but this poll is designed to calculate how many will stay.

Personally I probably won't despite people having dodgy items...I don't want to work up all my items again from scratch for 3 nearly capped chars including 5 slotted weps and MC chips for each of em.

Vote away!

Edit Bah in the Poll read Item as Item wipe stupid fingers.

Wouter
25-07-04, 18:33
ow shit, clicked on the wrong one :rolleyes:

i wanted to vote no, worked to hard for all my items to get, and to do all the rare hunting again....

Nidhogg
25-07-04, 18:39
You're going to get all kinds of confusion. Your thread is entitled "Willl you leave" but your poll says "Will you stay?"

N

Underground
25-07-04, 18:41
You're going to get all kinds of confusion. Your thread is entitled "Willl you leave" but your poll says "Will you stay?"

N

Its demon, we barely understand him on comms half the time, dont expect anything better from him when it comes to actually typing :p

Lexxuk
25-07-04, 18:41
shouldnt it be, will you purchase NC2 if KK do an item wipe?

Shadow Dancer
25-07-04, 18:44
I don't know. That's alot of hard work down the drain. I'm leaning towards leaving if that were to happen, but I can't say for sure.

The thought of doing that hellishly boring mc5 routine again(and it will surely be megacamped more than ever) makes me shudder.

-Demon-
25-07-04, 18:45
Argh...ok sorry I just got up after a nap and though this was a good idea lol...sleepy and typing not a good combo

Ermm...Nid can you change the thread title plz to the same as poll.

Cheers...sorry everyone can't do anything right lol

@ Lexxuk Well suppose if you don't buy it's leaving...then again are we going be told if there is a item wipe before we buy? I doubt it...would reduce KKs money.

Possessed
25-07-04, 18:48
If there is and item wipe with DoY I will most definently leave.

Lexxuk
25-07-04, 18:51
@ Lexxuk Well suppose if you don't buy it's leaving...then again are we going be told if there is a item wipe before we buy? I doubt it...would reduce KKs money.

I'm gunna guess there would be a notice of an item wipe before hand. If however you purchase the game and discover that there has been an item wipe, you can send the game back under the distance selling regulations (which give you the right to return goods within 7 days if purchased on the internet/catalogue/from a distance)

Nidhogg
25-07-04, 18:51
Your first post also contradicts the poll.

N

/edit word "wipe" added to poll description.

Lexxuk
25-07-04, 18:54
Your first post also contradicts the poll.

N

/edit word "wipe" added to poll description.

can you add a midget option? midgets seem very popular this time of year :angel:

THE_TICK!!!!
25-07-04, 19:00
oh WOW ok guys im kinda out the loop here a bit...is there gonna be an item whipe for real...<<feels kinda sick...if so its gonna be a really hard call..im not sure if ill quit or not..thats LOTS of hard work down the drain...but im not much of a quiter...depends on if i come back from iraq...and find my chars decemated..welll ya ill probly quit...my NC account will probly follow my comp thru the window o_O

Lexxuk
25-07-04, 19:05
well tick, i'm not sure that we have had any word on if there will be an item wipe or not, so lots of people are very worried that there will be an item wipe, and KK are not putting people at any more ease as they dont seem to be producing an official statement for people to think "oh thank god" or "oh ffs" depending on the statement that isnt given, at all, yet.

amfest
25-07-04, 19:12
wouldn't bother me either way .. . if an item wipe did happen then I'll just pretend I had all my items on me at one time .. and I was rez' killed over and over again in pp.

everyone will be in the same boat and it'll be a nice change to see everyone out on the same day trying to find those tech parts. Get those Imps! Run those caves. Camp that room. And at the same time fighting the new mobs and seeing the new areas.

Genty
25-07-04, 19:18
I had started my chars over before, i can do it again if needs be. BTW, i got confused with the poll and voted the wrong option. Think the poll should be null and void of any kind of relation to the general feelings of the players due to this. (not that it would anyway...)

Richard Blade
25-07-04, 19:41
I'd love a skill reset the only problem would be if DoY has different skills / emphasis of skills then NC currently does.
We wouldn't know where to put the points and would probably go with what has worked for us for the last 2 years. (subjective to your time playing of course.)

As for the topic, I cringe at the mention of an item wipe.
Then I think about it.
I think I'd like an item wipe. 2 years of rare parts, lucky finds, magical luck with slots on building things. Oh, the huge bank account.
All the people who exploited and shared the items / money because they didn't have any value after that.
Yeah, I'd love an item wipe. It would get rid of the stuff that shouldn't be around.

Soz to all who have worked their asses off to collect things. I've been doing it too. But, the economy is screwed. 5 slot CS with laser sight made by XXXX were so common for a while, the only explanation was from *exploiting*. Make illegal weapons go away.

As long as the game works right it won't be hard to build back up to current stock and toys. Fix drop rates, fix crash bugs, fix MC5 O_o .

ichinin
25-07-04, 19:41
nah, wont bother me.. i pretty much start new characters all the time, and if BDoY is anything like NC, i'll have rareparts to trade day 3...

Ascension
25-07-04, 19:45

N

yeah i voted yes i will leave when i meant no :p

amfest
25-07-04, 19:57
I do find it funny though when people don't actually "read" the poll question and just go by the topic of the thread.

-Demon-
25-07-04, 20:02
I do find it funny though when people don't actually "read" the poll question and just go by the topic of the thread.

Must admit this is my fault being a idiot...so sorry to all who have voted the wrong way!

But still looking pretty even atm.

Benjie
25-07-04, 20:09
I can absolutely guarentee this.
Anyone who joined Neocron within the last year, would have enjoyed it more if the econamy was stable. Hence you should all be pro-item wipe, if not just for the new playerbase.

Genty
25-07-04, 21:07

When you read the thread topic, and the thread content all saying one thing, I don't tend to read the poll as you kind of assume that as the whole thread starting post is something, you don't expect the poll to be the opposite.

amfest
25-07-04, 21:09
When you read the thread topic, and the thread content all saying one thing, I don't tend to read the poll as you kind of assume that as the whole thread starting post is something, you don't expect the poll to be the opposite.that's how people get con'd on contracts ;) although this isn't something you really lose out on since it's just a forum poll but when you start assuming too much you'll find the possiblity of mistakes happening more often

Lucid Dream
25-07-04, 21:11
There is a lot of shit i have that i have hung on to for months and months, purposefully not sold to people, because i was hanging on to them for the future, biosignature chip(5)s etc. It would really really piss me off if all of my items that absolutely cannot be replaced were taken from me.

Richard Slade
25-07-04, 21:14
I'm all for a wipe..
fresh start is nice and I think that the money thing on a certain server needs a slap in the right direction again

ino
25-07-04, 21:16
I dont know actually, if it is infact only items that would feel kinda down but I still got the chars I put alot of time into there. If its a item and char whipe or reset or whatever I would probably just check it out and sign off, dont have the time or the urge to lvl another ppu just takes to much time :(.

System
25-07-04, 21:34
I wont stay if they don't take all my shit over to BDOY. I have to much shit thats worth a lot that I have gotten through out the years. I'm not starting over and I know a lot of people will leave this game if items are wiped.

KK, best thing to do is transfer everything, otherwise why the hell are you transfering chars in the first place if they don't got shit.

Valmur
25-07-04, 21:45
I wouldn't mind. I love getting stuff.
I wouldn't mind losing characters either. I love training.

Edit-
Stupid me, I clicked on no but I meant YES! Sorry. Make that one -1 NO and +1 YES.

hivemind
25-07-04, 21:52
I'd be willing to bet that most of the people saying they'll quit really won't.

And I bet KK thinks so too...

Shakari
25-07-04, 21:57

N

crap yeah Nids right I thought I was vote "yes i will leave" bleah worked to hard to get where I am to start again :/ even if i am not rich :)

Shakari
25-07-04, 21:58
I'd be willing to bet that most of the people saying they'll quit really won't.

And I bet KK thinks so too...

2 of my accounts have gone already .... if I lose what I have now why should I stay to grind it all back ??? i think not :(

hivemind
25-07-04, 22:06
2 of my accounts have gone already .... if I lose what I have now why should I stay to grind it all back ??? i think not :(
And if you're already cancelling your accounts, you think KK gives a shit what you want or what you may do?

And Neocron is hardly a grind. Not even close.

greendonkeyuk
25-07-04, 22:25
selling duped cs'es 20k each!

id leave if they wiped my accounts. I dont wanna relevel at all.

damn now im thinking it would be fun perhaps to start over again. fun to be a noob all over again. the thing is wouldnt everyone start as anticity (doy) jus to get the buzz in a whole new environment. I think that would suck. Some peeps should get some bonus for starting chars in nc factions i think.

ezza
25-07-04, 22:27
If there is and item wipe with DoY I will most definently leave.
what this guy here says are my sentiments

Benjie
25-07-04, 22:33
Just do an item whipe already. Fuck the players who say they'll quit. Most of the people who arn't bluffing must already be on the edge of quiting anyway. Every single new player will quit within there trial period unless there is a stable economy to work with.

Neocrons economy is a joke.

Shadow Dancer
25-07-04, 22:36
Why does it have to be a complete wipe? Does everything have to be so black and white?

:rolleyes:

Benjie
25-07-04, 22:37
Why does it have to be a complete wipe? Does everything have to be so black and white?

:rolleyes:
Because I have had experiences with wipes in the past. Only complete wipes work, otherwise the problem re-occurs faster than you can say beans-on-toast. 95% of the people who say they are going to quit end up staying too. It's always like this.

Gohei
25-07-04, 22:39
Guess i could stand getting the money wiped, but not the stash...
NC is a fun game. Somewhat fun PvM, but getting back all multislotted stuff an shizzle is jusst BS. NC isnt THAT good, honast...

But if B:DoY is a dissapointing i, for one, will sell all shit on Ebay...

ezza
25-07-04, 22:39
considering the length of time it took me to get all the stuff for the 3 accounts i have, i know i wont stay after a item wipe

and regardless if they do the wipe, the economy will proberbly be back to what it is now within a week anyway

Shadow Dancer
25-07-04, 22:42
Because I have had experiences with wipes in the past. Only complete wipes work, otherwise the problem re-occurs faster than you can say beans-on-toast. 95% of the people who say they are going to quit end up staying too. It's always like this.

You have experience with non beta wipes? Please enlighten us. Go into detail too. What was the reason for the wipe? Was it to stabilize the economy? How long did it last?

Secondly, if the problem re-occurs fast if we keep SOME of our items, then that probably means it will reoccur if we had no items anyway. It will just delay the inevitable.

I don't see how keeping a few items is bad.

We should wipe every 3 months, because new players should be on equal footing. Wipe everytime there's an exploit as well. Wipe when KK misses an easy way to make money. Etc.... :rolleyes:

hivemind
25-07-04, 22:50
But if B:DoY is a dissapointing i, for one, will sell all shit on Ebay...
You see, this is what I think is driving a lot of the anti-item-wipe crowd. There's quite a few people who have big stashes of stuff and are counting on DoY to revitalize the game so they can finally get their big payday on their way out. These people aren't interested in game balance, they don't care that there's people with duped chips and weapons and vehicles, they aren't concerned with hundreds of millions of credits gotten through exploits.

They just wanna get paid and get out. And I'm not interested in what those people want or think, and I'm betting Reakktor isn't either. For all their fuck-ups, they still genuinely want to run a good game (if only because it's their paycheck), and I believe they'll do whatever they think is best for the game. It's not like there's not plenty of precedent for them doing whatever they want in regards to game balance issues, and there's plenty of times when they're wrong (in the community's eyes) but they go ahead anyway.

I hope that KK isn't swayed by a vocal minority who are probably on their way out anyway.

Chaos81
25-07-04, 22:56
It said it before and i'll say it again. If I have to start over I won't mind.

Gohei
25-07-04, 23:00
Just do an item whipe already. Fuck the players who say they'll quit. Most of the people who arn't bluffing must already be on the edge of quiting anyway. Every single new player will quit within there trial period unless there is a stable economy to work with.

Neocrons economy is a joke.

Getting a wipe wouldn't sort out the economy problem. Temporary maybe...

What do you mean by fuck the players ? Theres very few of us for being a MMORPG, and fucking a large group of players would damage the game in the end. The thing is some players have been collecting things since start of retail, and they have been paying for a service wich allows them to do so.

Do you suggest we fuck them for playing the game the way they want ?

Lets face it. The community is getting smaller. I remember a time when there would be 400 on each server. Theres none of that now. We can't afford to fuck anyone. KK may be doing fine financially, but it wont stay that way forever.

Gotterdammerung
25-07-04, 23:05
changed thread title as per starters request

Benjie
25-07-04, 23:06
What do you mean by fuck the players?
I think Reakktor should make a statement that they won't pay any attentian to "I will leave if you do that" statements, because they are all too easy to make. The small percentage who arn't bluffing, seriously. If they are that ready to quit, how long do you think it would be before they moved on anyway?

Getting a wipe wouldn't sort out the economy problem. Temporary maybe...

Took a long time to become this messed up even with all the dupes.
Neocron 2 needs to add money sinks and fix the exploits in addition to an item wipe to prevent it from occuring again.

ezza
25-07-04, 23:07
I think Reakktor should make a statement that they won't pay any attentian to "I will leave if you do that" statements, because they are all too easy to make. The small percentage who arn't bluffing, seriously. If they are that ready to quit, how long do you think it would be before they moved on anyway?
ive been here from start and wont leave, unless KK fuck me over by looting all my items

unlike some people ive never cheated or exploited to get my stuff so i dont have absolute shit loads of stuff and only have about 10 million NC over 3 accounts

Marx
25-07-04, 23:10
Item wipe?

ezza
25-07-04, 23:10
Item wipe?
that be the topic of the thread sir

Benjie
25-07-04, 23:12
ive been here from start and wont leave, unless KK fuck me over by looting all my items

unlike some people ive never cheated or exploited to get my stuff so i dont have absolute shit loads of stuff and only have about 10 million NC over 3 accounts
Okay. You will leave if KK fuck you over, but the econamy fucks over any new members to the playerbase instantly by making the game near impossible for them to play at the beggining without begging and cash donations. I now the tradeoff that the current playerbase will face, but thats not who the wipe is for.

Marx
that be the topic of the thread sirWhy are we talking about it though? I thought it was already a.) stated it wouldn't happen... And b.) Proved it wouldn't do anything to help in the long run?

Ramzi
no i wouldnt stay

i played the pokemon trading card game in elementary school, then in nc.

never again

ezza
25-07-04, 23:13
Why are we talking about it though? I thought it was already a.) stated it wouldn't happen... And b.) Proved it wouldn't do anything to help in the long run?if we didnt talk about shit we know then we wouldnt have anything on this forum

Ozzon
I would stay if there was a complete item and cash wipe, but maybe we could get like 100K while moving chars older than 1 month to the new servers?

Just to get some basic stuff at the begining.

Benjie
no i wouldnt stay
Yeah right! :rolleyes:

Thats far too easy to say.

RayBob
25-07-04, 23:14
I already wiped myself. (no bathroom jokes please) :D

ezza
25-07-04, 23:14
I would stay if there was a complete item and cash wipe, but maybe we could get like 100K while moving chars older than 1 month to the new servers?

Just to get some basic stuff at the begining.
but that would give vets an advantage over noobs, i mean a 100k, thats 99k more than they start with :rolleyes:

Yeah right!
Thats far too easy to say so is that :rolleyes:

Marx
25-07-04, 23:16
Yeah right! :rolleyes:

Thats far too easy to say.I would leave.

Because wiping fucks over the vets and doesn't even solve the problem. If you solve the problems instead - then you don't need to wipe since the economical situation will eventually settle itself.

Whileas with a wiped world, it will be back the norm as we see it in an undetermined amount of time.

Gohei
25-07-04, 23:17

Well, we have been paying for a database wich contains our work, and the time we spent in achieving all the gadgets. Is it so hard to beleve that there are those who jusst doesnt have time to start over ? As they were under the impression of that their stash would be left alone when moving to the expansion. Getting a mail from KK saying: "yeah guys, we know you been expecting to have ur stuff left alone when moving over to B: DoY, but heres a surprise- your not."

I like NC, and it's a cool game. But i have put down work in getting most of my stuff, and i jusst can't imagine myself doing it once again. If they decide to remove the stuff, i guess i have to respect that. But i sure as hell will move on to another game.

The minority of players that would leave would look rather big with the numbers of players NC are on atm.

-Demon-
25-07-04, 23:18

Took a long time to become this messed up even with all the dupes.
Neocron 2 needs to add money sinks and fix the exploits in addition to an item wipe to prevent it from occuring again.

Because Benjie unlike you no doubt I haven't the time to build up a vast collection of items again from scratch that I've earnt...I've got a young family now and there is no way I will have enough time to collect the things I need for all 3 of my accounts that I once did.
I'm in no way in it for the money as you put it, I could of made my money a long time ago...believe it or not I play for the game and the fun of it..mob hunting again is not going to be fun anymore.

I'm ready to quit yeah if they destroy my items thats I've paid hard cash to KK, I expect a little come back...not having to then pay for a expansion that will kill off my hard work and my future money investment too.
I have kept all accounts going upto DoY but I really don't think I will continue if KK do the royal screwjob on us, thats the only reason I can see at the moment to quit.

Benjie
25-07-04, 23:20
Well, we have been paying for a database wich contains our work,
I don't share that attitude. I am paying for a computer game which I enjoy.

I suppose if people where paying $150 a year just to keep Cursed Soul graphics and statistics then they would be important to them, but who the hell does that?

There are massive sacrifices that you will have to make in an Item Wipe: Fact
There is more to this game than whats in your Go Guardian: Fact
The game won't develop a competetive playerbase with an unstable economy: Fact.

-Demon-
25-07-04, 23:24
I don't share that attitude. I am paying for a computer game.
I suppose if people where paying $150 a year to keep Cursed Soul graphics and statistics then they would be important to them, but who the hell does that?

You are still paying for the servers and therefore your chars/items/appts on that server(s) that you play on. Please Benjie at least aknowledge that we pay for the servers and content on them. I.e the database.

Stats are the whole point in mmorpgs and the setups you can create...if you just want guns go play cs.

Lucid Dream
25-07-04, 23:25
Wipe weapons, sure, wipe money, sure, wipe armor if you feel you need to, but there is no need to wipe the absolutely useless items - that people collect. Dildo of maven has no use at all, its a renamed flashlight, but - it cannot be replaced if wiped. Biosignature chips, cannot be replaced, encrypted datadisks, cannot be replaced, there are a lot of things that have no use at all, but people keep because they are hard to get and impossible to replace. If my weapons got wiped, i could deal with it, if my money got wiped, fine, its useless now anyway, but if they wipe the random rare things with no purpose, i will quit, without a doubt, probably come back at some point, but i will absolutely quit at least temporarilly in disgust...

Benjie
25-07-04, 23:28
You are still paying for the servers and therefore your chars/items/appts on that server(s) that you play on. Please Benjie at least aknowledge that we pay for the servers and content on them. I.e the database.

Stats are the whole point in mmorpgs and the setups you can create...if you just want guns go play cs.
Urm, I don't want counterstrike. I like the statistic feature on weapons. What does that have to do with a whipe?

I 100% agree with lucid dream. Don't wipe those things.

Gohei
25-07-04, 23:28
I don't share that attitude. I am paying for a computer game which I enjoy.

I suppose if people where paying $150 a year just to keep Cursed Soul graphics and statistics then they would be important to them, but who the hell does that?

Yeah i payed for it too. But then it keeps costing me 10 bucks a months. For what ? Playing characters whos stash is temporary beacuse of duping and exploiting... I pay so that my CS will still be there in my inventory when i log on tomorrow and walse into pepperpark or TG canyon. Along with the 8 other characters' stash.

I try and enjoy NC to the fullest. But if hackings and exploint has inflicted so much trouble in the economy that the stash has to be reset i, i jusst cant have my fun, can i ?

Maybe it wouldn't be that hard if i only kept my non TC pistol PE as my only char on Saturn. But i have done many more since then. Many hours of XPing and hunting for my things. And i'm keeping them.

Dirk_Gently
25-07-04, 23:34
Nope, if I'm starting from scratch again I figure I may as well try a new game.

SjanTeN^
25-07-04, 23:39
No, i would leave the game.
I'm already planning leaving NC and waiting on NC2. But time will tell.

-Demon-
25-07-04, 23:42
Urm, I don't want counterstrike. I like the statistic feature on weapons. What does that have to do with a whipe?

I 100% agree with lucid dream. Don't wipe those things.

Because you said you don't understand why people pay for their stats on weapons, people have built up there own collections and stats and slots that are pretty special.
We pay KK to keep these weapons and chars on the database...I really don't understand why I've been paying only for them to wipe after NC2.
Personally I've never known a expansion to wipe items before.

Right so now you want to keep some items...that are uber rare but useless but are perfectly happy to watch everything else down the drain. I would sure love some of the stuff you are smoking dude.

LiL T
26-07-04, 00:00
Plain and simply MONEY Wipe and make it so you can't sell the damn vehical keys back to the shop problem sorted

oh and a clan money cap would do nice too what is the point in having 200 millions in a clan bank O_o

Shakari
26-07-04, 00:09
And if you're already cancelling your accounts, you think KK gives a shit what you want or what you may do?

And Neocron is hardly a grind. Not even close.

If they want me to keep my other 2 accounts YES I do

If doy is good I'll bring back the other 2 and why do you think I cancelled my account, becasue I was fedup with grinding :/ If KK doesn't give a shit about ppl cancelling account then Its unlike any company I have seen no company should not care about loosing customers after all without customers KK would not exsist, plz think about what your typing before posting KK not caring about what customers do or not do makes no business sense!!

and I have been playing NC since retail launch and yes a lot of it is grinding or what do u call lvling from noob to capped player?? don't you kill 1000's of mobs repeatedly???

or was your comment meant to be a flame???? sounded like it, but thought I'd give a reasonable response :)

and I am waiting to see how doy is really how much if offers etc I have been a long supporter of KK but once you have done 12 chars and capped 8 there is only so much that you can get fun out of :( I don't want to leave but together with having tried most things and player attidute and pointless griefing and PK'ing on all the servers I can't see a lot of stuff to keep me interested, I am hoping DOY will add a lot but I can only hope.

I miss the good old days after retail launch *sniff*

LTA
26-07-04, 00:17
Done all the grinding for 3 accs, thats 12 players on uranus (2 accs are fully equipped on uranus 1 for all tradeskills and the other my pvpers, 6 chars pretty much capped and fully equipped on venus and a MC5 parts and imps.

all my hard work flushed because some people have some more guns than the rest?
It's better for the n00bs if people have all their shizzle to help em, they will get whatever as you do in any mmorpg but there's gonna be traders, people with cash stashes, parts, imp bps etc to help them out.

If everyone starts again, vets will take over every leveling spot, hunting spot till there capped, they'll have ppus leveling etc etc and will be better at pvp anyway so n00bs will still suffer.
The economy is fuxed because there's nothing to really indulge in, money? pah buys rares once you have rares there's not much market...

Player shops, more and more cash sinks to pan it out not my chars that i spent 2 years on.

September is a good month anyway, lots of trials to try and stuff.

hivemind
26-07-04, 00:23
If doy is good I'll bring back the other 2 and why do you think I cancelled my account, becasue I was fedup with grinding :/
If you're already cancelling accounts, they don't care about you. You are, by your own admission, 66.67% done with the game. They've already got your money. They need new people with fresh addictions.

and I have been playing NC since retail launch and yes a lot of it is grinding or what do u call lvling from noob to capped player?? don't you kill 1000's of mobs repeatedly???
Go play Final Fantasy XI. Go play Everquest. THAT is a grind. Neocron doesn't even come close. A skilled player with time and good support can cap a character in a week.

or was your comment meant to be a flame???? sounded like it, but thought I'd give a reasonable response :)
When I flame you you'll know it.

and I am waiting to see how doy is really how much if offers etc I have been a long supporter of KK but once you have done 12 chars and capped 8 there is only so much that you can get fun out of :( I don't want to leave but together with having tried most things and player attidute and pointless griefing and PK'ing on all the servers I can't see a lot of stuff to keep me interested, I am hoping DOY will add a lot but I can only hope.
You're proving it again. You're done. You've done everything the game offers. You're on your way out. Why should Reakktor give a shit about pleasing you?

I miss the good old days after retail launch *sniff*
You say something like that, yet you're against a wipe? Please figure out what you want before posting anything else, you're obviously conflicted.

garyu69
26-07-04, 00:27
item wipe would = me cancelling 2 out of 3 of my accounts. I just would not have the time or patience to play all three chars at once trying to get back everything.

-Demon-
26-07-04, 00:34
item wipe would = me cancelling 2 out of 3 of my accounts. I just would not have the time or patience to play all three chars at once trying to get back everything.

I would mean the same fate for my 3 accounts, I've not got the time anymore that I once did...I have a young family and soon another ikle baby to take my time away.

When I want to play I want to be able to exactly what I do now,have all my weapons etc and go off and kill people and enjoy the game I worked for.

Spikadelia
26-07-04, 00:37
Hmmmm. After almost two years it's a lot of time and effort and the stuff we've worked hard for will be damn hard to let go of. However painful as it is to consider I can see the reasoning behind a wipe.

Leave all runners with their xp intact, release all skill points. Reduce all rares stored in player's gogu's or inventories to 1 slot only. Leave only the rare imps/gloves/MC5's implanted on your person. Wipe all other items except for epic rewards. Wipe all cash beyond one million credits.

Would that level the playing field enough? This is a bastard of a question to resolve.

Yes, I'd stay. Most of all I'd like some word from KK. This is like chewing your own nipple off without anaesthetic.

tomparadox
26-07-04, 00:43
hell yes id leav, iv been on for a long time colecting stuff, and ill be damned if im going to stay after geting it whiped.

ino
26-07-04, 00:59
it's true most classes takes like tops 3 weeks of even pretty casual playing to cap again. But there are some who plays the godforsaken and hated monks some who can help ppl do that capping in 3 weeks of pretty casual playing who has grinded a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to cap their int. there are even ppl who play apu's who probably have 100 int and that takes a shit load of pretty booring time. It's not absolutely nessecary to get 100 int but its a nice thing to have you can focus on other stuff than getting irritated over the shitty exp and the insane amount of time it takes to reach the cap.

Money wipes is probably fine, even some items fine it's not that super duper hard to get newone's but play from 4 to 100 int on a monk again isnt something I'd like to do again anytime soon.

It's to bad Neocron is such a annyongly fun game, but incase of the chars get wiped I can always go back and play more qw.

athon
26-07-04, 01:00
If there was purely an item wipe I would probably leave. Just an item wipe is pointless IMO - there are too many people with vst amounts of cash.

If there was:
- Fixed all known exploits
- Item and Cash Wipe
- Give everyone ~500k cash to get some weapons, ammo and armor so they can start making their own cash.

Then I would stay and play.

If there was:
- Total wipe of absolutely everything

Then I would close 1 of my two accounts and stay and play with the remaining. Of course there is always the possibility that I'll reopen the second at a later date.

Athon Solo

IceStorm
26-07-04, 01:36
I will end up staying. My HC PE can reacquire all my rares in a few weeks without needing any implants to stay alive (caps a Reveler's cannon when naked). I'll keep on hoping they let us keep our Inventory/GG/installed imps/armor, but I'm not too hopeful at this point.

I'm gunna guess there would be a notice of an item wipe before hand.I doubt it. Reakktor doesn't want to all of a sudden lose a month of revenue from the people who pay monthy. I suspect they won't tell us about the wipe until three weeks before NC2 launches, so figure first week in September they'll drop the bomb on us.

My take is that they're not going to wipe because it's "fair". They're not going to wipe because it level sets. They're not going to wipe because of the exploits. They're going to wipe because they won't be able to alter the database to include item tracking if they don't wipe. They'll use the other three as excuses, but the real reason is probably due to radical database changes that can't be made otherwise.

I can only hope they allow us to keep inventory. With 128 individual inventory stacks, QB, imps, and GG per char, I can restart fairly easily. Without inventory and GG, all my implant BPs will go bye-bye. With nothing but char stats... Well, screw the newbies - I'll be busy rebuilding my inventory for a few months.

Cerbious
26-07-04, 02:23
I hate starting a n00b these days... but i enjoyed it when i started the game 2 years ago... there was peeps running round much better higher and richer then me etc etc... but it was nice as gave me somthing to look forward to.
They could offer me cash help and old items. Within my trial i did not quit cause people were higher then me thats the idea of the game... to better yourself and stand proud. Not to better yourself and then have to start over, thats BS. We all was n00bs and pennyless at some point, we all still here. Now as i say i cant stand being a n00b n e more ill start a new char with keen interest but then soon lose it and will lvl them at snail paces until they good enough for me to wanna play em. Ive worked my ass of getting the things both my accounts now contain and i agree that is why i pay for them, so things are there tomorrow.

I spose i wouldnt mind money getting wiped (but that wouldn't solve n e thing) if it did ill admit it would b irritating. But if chars and / or items got wiped i would leave this game. Couldn't do it all again... TOO much time spent to get where i am now and only to get where i am now. Lvling WAS fun along time ago now i see it only as a process which got me where i am now... i dont wanna do it again, i dont want to invest the time again. My time more enjoyable spent at OP fights etc i will miss out on this again for a long time if i had to start over.

Wiping n e thing wont solve the proberlem as its a continuious circle and will come back around in another 2 years then another 2 years and so forth. Im not to hot for ideas on how to solve it... but things like increasing the need to spend more money would help balence it, helping n00bs earn more money faster would balence it (as u all think thats a proberlem), things like that.

Any way they are my opinions and only my opinions of which i did not flame n e one in so i wish not to be flamed after reading this, too many flames happening in this thread as it is.

Lucid Dream
26-07-04, 02:46
Right so now you want to keep some items...that are uber rare but useless but are perfectly happy to watch everything else down the drain. I would sure love some of the stuff you are smoking dude.

First off, i dont want a wipe AT ALL, but, if they did decide to wipe, to say, level the playing field, they should absolutely not wipe the things that are impossible to get back.

IceStorm
26-07-04, 02:50
they should absolutely not wipe the things that are impossible to get back.They could do something like re-create the events that allowed the items in the first place - Laurent 2, Kamikazi attack 2, Zargus's Revenge, Maven's second coming, etc.

tiikeri
26-07-04, 02:52
Even with item wipe - i will play.

Birkoff
26-07-04, 03:39
By no mod replying does that hint that there is going to be on but they don't want the over reaction now?
I WOULD stay if there was a cash wipe
I WOULD stay if there was a Item wipe except ur gogo or 1 apartment or something.

I don't know if i would if i lsot everything, i don't want to have to go to MC5 to get a DS/SA again or have to built ALL those spells again, delete all the useless crap fine... its well needed but not the hard worked for items.

IceStorm
26-07-04, 03:48
By no mod replying does that hint that there is going to be on but they don't want the over reaction now?This is the third or fourth thread in the past week that brought up this question. No dev or KK employee has replied. I even noted it in the NC2 name thread. No response.

I don't expect a mod to answer - mods aren't typically KK employees. I would like to see KK answer, but I bet even they can't answer at this time.
i don't want to have to go to MC5 to get a DS/SA again or have to built ALL those spells again, delete all the useless crap fine... its well needed but not the hard worked for items.One man's useless crap is another man's treasure. I fully intend to put a ton of my one-slot leveling weapons up for sale via a player vendor should they make it through the conversion process. That should net me a bit of cash and provide a lot of starters something to use that'll take an ammo mod.

Mr Friendly
26-07-04, 04:09
lol 1/2 & 1/2

looks like if they actually do have an item wipe say buh bye to half the community @_@

Maester Seymour
26-07-04, 04:27
I'm pretty sure if there's gonna be an item wipe i would not stay for NC2.
I've worked just as hard as most people to get my MC5 chips, weapons etc and keeping stock of our entire clans rarespool. If all that gets wiped i simply don't think i'd have the heart or the patience to even think about replacing all that stuff. I've not left NC once since i started playing but i think that'd be the last straw for me tbh.

A responce from KK on this wouldn't go a miss, it seems to me that the question is being avoided? Maybe cos you don't want to loose 50% or more of the community before DOY even hits the shelves?
Some of us are still spending our times collecting techs n what not that in just over a month could get wiped..
What are we supposed to do for the remainding time between now and DOY's release? Will all the stuff we work hard at getting from now till then be a total waste of our time if at the end of the day, they're just gonna get wiped?

An answer to if there's gonna be a wipe would be appreciated :o

olavski
26-07-04, 04:53
Is there any 'proof' of a possible item wipe anyway :confused:

Richard Slade
26-07-04, 04:54
Is there any 'proof' of a possible item wipe anyway :confused:

yep, they never said it wouldn't be one

I think

Ramzi
26-07-04, 04:57
wipes suck irl

olavski
26-07-04, 04:59
yep, they never said it wouldn't be one

I think

:D nice one

They also never said there will be no 444/444******* fireballspitting dragons with a silencer up their bottoms.

;)

hivemind
26-07-04, 06:50
lol 1/2 & 1/2

looks like if they actually do have an item wipe say buh bye to half the community @_@
Funny, I see that another way. I GUARANTEE that about 3/4 of the people saying they'll quit won't. Or if they do, they're already tired of the game and on their way out already, so who cares why they go, they're gonna go for one reason or another soon anyway. And most of them will be back eventually, once they realize this is the best thing going. So that percentage saying they'll quit is a bogus number.

The percentage saying they'd stay, on the other hand, I think is a pretty solid number. I can't see those people saying they'll stay now, then changing their minds if it actually happens.

So I think the real number is something like: 78% staying, 11% really quitting, and 11% unsure.

In my view most of the people who'd quit because of an item wipe are people we can do without anyway: the bored capped people who contribute little except to make life difficult for new people trying to learn the game. If you dislike this game so much that you can't stand the thought of hunting for a couple weeks to replace your items, then why are you around anyway?

IceStorm
26-07-04, 07:02
If you dislike this game so much that you can't stand the thought of hunting for a couple weeks to replace your items, then why are you around anyway?It's more like a couple months, and that's just to get rareparts. It's been two weeks and I've only just now passed the halfway point on brute-forcing the pool, hunting in zones where no one else is around. That doesn't cover replacing BP libraries, resource stockpiles, armor, Level 2/3/4 drop-only imps, Epic items that I flat-out can't get without trading (LE), MC5 imps (mine come from trading, not MC5'ing), and it means I don't get to have fun with the supposedly new content coming in BDOY - no instant cabinet bonanza for me. Gee, thanks.

hivemind
26-07-04, 07:16
I, like the vast majority of the community, have a hard time having any sympathy for an LE user. What do you need stuff for, you don't PvP. I mean, you need a 3+ slot CS to shoot Warbots with? You can gank warbots and fire mobs all day on a storebought chaincraft. As for the epic rewards, if you can't complete the epic runs to get them I'd have to say, well, you're not meant to have them.

If a person goes out and just hunts, doesn't stop to run his hole on Trade-NC or fuck around in Plaza, just straight hunts fire mobs and warbots, he can easily, EASILY, pull in a dozen parts an hour. Plus implants. And if you recycle, it doesn't even cost you anything for ammo.

BP libraries, resource stockpiles, armor,
WTF you talking about? Why do you need apartments full of that stuff? I'm in a small clan right now, five guys (and only 3 are really active), and we've managed to get everything we need without having apartments full of pack-rat garbage. I mean, you keep a Weaponpart 8-9-10 on hand to blueprint if you need to make something, everything else is bought at Crytons. This game ain't Pokemon, it's frickin' Neocron. I don't understand you people with apartments full of random, meaningless crap.

IceStorm
26-07-04, 07:32
I, like the vast majority of the community, have a hard time having any sympathy for an LE user. Yeah, they all say that until they find out I'm sitting on complete Ravager/Devourer/CS part sets.
What do you need stuff for, you don't PvP.Because my characters aren't cookie cutters doesn't mean they don't need implants. If anything, the lack of a brain slot means I need "stuff" even more than most.
If a person goes out and just hunts, doesn't stop to run his hole on Trade-NC or fuck around in Plaza, just straight hunts fire mobs and warbots, he can easily, EASILY, pull in a dozen parts an hour.There are 339 parts in the non-MC5 rareparts pool. Let's assume around 2 parts of your 12 are dups of what I've collected on previous hunts. That means about 34 hrs of straight-out hunting to get a complete set of rareparts. Factor in another 5 hrs or so to research all of them (and I'm being kind. It's probably more). 39 hrs, not factoring in transport, repair, or being nice and doing things for others, to restore my rarepart collection. If I play 10 hrs a week, that's a month of my time.
WTF you talking about? Why do you need apartments full of that stuff? Tradeskilling, trading with others, providing finished goods and services to others, keeping junk for cool recycling recipies or cloning, maintaining an archive for when KK screws up drops or store inventory - I've already answered this question in other threads you've posted in within the past month...
I mean, you keep a Weaponpart 8-9-10 on hand to blueprint if you need to make something, everything else is bought at Crytons.I keep chems and weaponparts in my Spy's GG since he builds in bulk at times and needs to build hundreds of parts at a time, so no, I don't just "buy at Cryton's".

Lucid Dream
26-07-04, 07:34
If you dislike this game so much that you can't stand the thought of hunting for a couple weeks to replace your items, then why are you around anyway?

Im sure not everyone is upset with only the replaceable items, yes, you can replace any rare weapon (short of maybe a spirit silent hunter, but meh) you can replace money, you can also replace armor, but there are items that cannot be replaced, and it is absolutely wrong, to say 2 years after retail started, that 'oh btw, all your items are going away, oh, those items that cant be replaced? tough shit'

System
26-07-04, 07:47
You know something, all you people who are saying, "yea wipe all items" I bet you have nothing in this game that really means anything at all or you could give two shits about.

Chimp and I have gotten a stash of shit over the years and set our shit up and took ages to get shit where we like it, we wont start over.

Your telling me if you had 2 5 slotted Spirit modded Silent hunter, all 5 slotted Ultima'd spells on apu and ppu (oh whats that Ultimas don't drop anymore) and over 10k of rare parts, you would want to start over. No I don't think so. Because that right there is what we have and we SURE as hell arnt wiping our shit that took us ages to get.

So go f*ck yourself by trying to f*ck other players gaming up you prick.

hivemind
26-07-04, 08:12
You see, that's the kind of shortsighted, selfish thinking I'm talking about. The whole, "I got mine so FUCK ALL OF YOU" attitude.

As for me not having any stuff, you couldn't be more wrong. On Uranus, I have 4 very high level characters. Each one has MC5 chips, all 4-5 slot rare weapons or spells - if it could be got, I got it. And you know what? When I started on Saturn a few months ago, I had nothing. And now, I got a 3 slot Healing Light on my Spy, artifact spells on my APU, 3 slot CS on my tank...

But who cares? It's just virtual items. They're not even real. Some of you people need to get a grip. This isn't real life, an item wipe isn't some guy coming to your REAL LIFE HOUSE and taking away your REAL LIFE STUFF, it's just pretend stuff in a game. If you don't enjoy playing the game anymore, just move on. But don't go out with all this bitterness trying to fuck it up for everyone else who still cares and wants the game to succeed, just because you think you're entitled to a big payoff on eBay...

Lucid Dream
26-07-04, 08:31
You see, that's the kind of shortsighted, selfish thinking I'm talking about. The whole, "I got mine so FUCK ALL OF YOU" attitude.

As for me not having any stuff, you couldn't be more wrong. On Uranus, I have 4 very high level characters. Each one has MC5 chips, all 4-5 slot rare weapons or spells - if it could be got, I got it. And you know what? When I started on Saturn a few months ago, I had nothing. And now, I got a 3 slot Healing Light on my Spy, artifact spells on my APU, 3 slot CS on my tank...

But who cares? It's just virtual items. They're not even real. Some of you people need to get a grip. This isn't real life, an item wipe isn't some guy coming to your REAL LIFE HOUSE and taking away your REAL LIFE STUFF, it's just pretend stuff in a game. If you don't enjoy playing the game anymore, just move on. But don't go out with all this bitterness trying to fuck it up for everyone else who still cares and wants the game to succeed, just because you think you're entitled to a big payoff on eBay...

If you spend 3 hours building a birdhouse, and someone walks by and hits it with a hammer, how is that any more 'real' then spending 3 hours getting something in game, and having someone come by and delete it?

hivemind
26-07-04, 08:35
Because in real life if a motherfucker wrecks my birdhouse, he gets beat down.

LTA
26-07-04, 10:27
If you dislike this game so much that you can't stand the thought of hunting for a couple weeks to replace your items, then why are you around anyway?To pvp and roleplay on Venus, i have been through my hunting stages on like 24 odd chars across 3 accs, i have been there shot the same mobs 10 bazillion times.

eldiabloz
26-07-04, 10:52
KK can't simple wipe wrong objects? There is a unique id for any object no?

So strip all "wrong" objects such as Copbot rifles... but leave all standard object sucxh as mc5 chips, rare weapons and so on...

The Ottoman
26-07-04, 11:03
If there would be a complete item wipe I'd be seriously considering quiting the game. Of course there is the aspect of addiction to the game. So I might stay.
When I started playing in february 2003 I had lot's of time. I used to be a 24/7 player. All these things have changed. I can't afford that much of time anymore. My main server is Saturn. Got a almost capped Tank(only con left), a capped PE, two spies who cover all the tradeskills on a high level. All I want now is, log on a few times a week, build some stuff and sell it, hunt a bit, assist my factions clans when they try to take an op, help out noobs with stuff,...
Right now i'm preparing for Doy. Building slotted weapons, got a few appts full of imps dropped by mobs. I want to sell all this stuff on the npc for players wich is supposed to come with Doy(player's shop) at reasonable prices(Something like the price(ex.30K) in the shop and for every slot I add another 30K).
I could live with an partially item wipe and a complete money wipe. If all my chars were to keep the imps that are implanted and one copy of each weapon they are carrying(if you have 3 CS, you loose two).
Forcing people to start allover is like sending adults back to kindergarten. Please have some consideration, KK. Compromise is the magic word.

Kaden
26-07-04, 11:14
I'm for a wipe.

I would stay.

CarniFlex
26-07-04, 11:19
Only thing going to get wiped is inactive accounts when doy comes... *insert random offensive language*

ROZZER187
26-07-04, 11:29
an item wipe may be good, but as many of you already said nc economy is a mess, money has no value to high lvl runners, items are now sold for rares and other things.

soon enough everyone is gonna have a 5 slot cs :lol: nothing will have a value because everyone will have one.

but, on the other hand how long did it take people to get 5 slot cs's silent hunters, mc5 imps?? im still workin on gettin a 5 slot sh :) but its gonna be a shit if i loose it coz kk do an item wipe.

most of the community will stay, I know I will stay if they do an item wipe coz i wanna see doy and ive been with nc since retail, but if its not all its cracked up to be and i have problems gettin my shit back then im out.

someone mentioned what if kk do a char wipe o_O .

if they do i'll be pissed about it but it gives me something to do when we get doy.though i do feel sorry for the people who have more than one account, thats a lot of lvling to do.

kk need to shed some light on this coz for all we know they might not be wiping items, reseting chars etc. they might just give us our points back.

ps. we still got the wisdom of ceres for doy also ( i heard you gotta be capped for this, anyone know anything about woc)

Siygess
26-07-04, 11:38
If there is an item wipe, I will quit - and thats not just some knee-jerk reaction to the idea, I've thought about this. I pride myself on the fact that I did pretty much everything in this game (including capping) on my own. I never had a PPU glued to my ass, I didnt spend the whole time being baby-sitted by a high level character, I just went out and killed what I could with the weapons I had. It wasn't until after I capped that I started getting rares or visiting places like the Chaos Caves. The same goes for my equipment - with the exception of a pair of Pain Easers and MC5 chips loaned to me from my clan after I capped, I got everything myself.

I understand that an item wipe might level the playing field, and thats great, but given the time I have put in to this game, I am not prepared to be put in a situation where I must start again. To me, the level of your character plus the ammount of stuff you collect is the only quantifiable measure of sucsess (if not fun) in this game, and this is one of the reasons I still play NC - I'm capped and I have lots of cool stuff. Some people might say that this is pretty shallow, and you might be right, but while you can have fun roleplaying at any level and with little or no equipment, so much of it has to be fudged and I can have a much better experience playing (or GM'ing) a Pen and Paper RPG with a few friends.

So for me, the fun in NC is a combination of Items, RP and my capped character. Loosing even one of those three would mean there just wasn't enough to keep me interested.

Lethys
26-07-04, 11:43
Money wipe - Yes
Item wipe - no

Simple as that.

Original monk
26-07-04, 11:50
i didnt read the full thread, but my personal answer is pretty simple ...

im completely settled itemwise ... after 2 years of practically non stop work ... as soon as they remove all that work with 1 push on a button then im out of here witouth 1 second of hessitation.

Dribble Joy
26-07-04, 11:58
If there is an item wipe, I will quit - and thats not just some knee-jerk reaction to the idea, I've thought about this. I pride myself on the fact that I did pretty much everything in this game (including capping) on my own. I never had a PPU glued to my ass, I didnt spend the whole time being baby-sitted by a high level character, I just went out and killed what I could with the weapons I had. It wasn't until after I capped that I started getting rares or visiting places like the Chaos Caves. The same goes for my equipment - with the exception of a pair of Pain Easers and MC5 chips loaned to me from my clan after I capped, I got everything myself.
Same here, I took 6 months to cap my PE, and she's the only charater I had in that time.
I traded for all my stuff, and didn't rely on a clan for things.

As a result I don't have that much stuff, though I do have a large tech and imp collection, but they mostly sit there, I rarely trade them, kept for clan members.
A money and stocks wipe I could quite easily live with, An appartment wipe maybe.
If it was an inventory and implant wipe... I dunno, I worked my tits off for the stuff I have in there.

IceStorm
26-07-04, 12:14
KK can't simple wipe wrong objects? There is a unique id for any object no?But not every duped item is "wrong". If someone has duped up five cabinets worth of SAs, or five 249-count stacks of Spirit mods, those aren't "wrong" items.

I understand that an item wipe might level the playing field, Forget the entire "level the playing field" argument, just consider the technical task required to port from one database to another - hundreds of millions of items to be tagged and inserted into the new database, per server. Maybe even a few billion on disasters like Saturn. What if CoDi and company come back and say, "We're boned. There's no way we can convert the database and get it done for NC2's launch."

If KK told you that they couldn't do it, that the work to convert from one to the other was too great, even with NC's meager population, would you stay?

I personally hope they can do the conversion. If not, I hope we get a compromise - max 128 items in on-character inventory, imps, starter apts, GG, and QB. That would limit the max number of unique items per char to a few hundred items for every character. I'd hope that would be manageable. But if it really comes down to your char stats, I could continue to play. Just don't expect me to be very agreable for the first few months.

Dribble Joy
26-07-04, 12:17
I hope I get to keep my clan apt, I have a swamp tree in it.

eldiabloz
26-07-04, 12:19
Just a question...

if KK do a complete items and money wipe how, i've my capped PE and so? i've to kill aggressor with boxe? Dunno i came back to play neocron cause i've a capped PE and i like it i'm working hard to get a mc5 chip if there's a itema wipe or a Charter wipe or any wipe i need to know it now... maybe i still play but if KK do a surprise wipe or say it a week first wipe i quit. Cause i want to know i'm spending really much time to get the stuff that i need... i quitted daoc cause was based on time sink ... i'll quit neocron if will be based on time sink (wiping items and so on...)

KK should consider that doy will come out with HL2 and with wipe many players can decide to go to play a FPS where no need exp and no need equip... so pls don't wipe ALL items just wipe only wrong object (such as copbot rifles).

Kaden
26-07-04, 12:23
This is why we have missions ;p

Sorontar
26-07-04, 12:24
Siygess

You did the original hard yards but after replacing Precinct One's archive twice and then my own yet again when I moved on I'm with you on this one.

I'm not capped but hell I have done so much work as a resser / salvager to maintain other peoples characters and the clan I'd be gutted to see all that washed away in an instant.

Months and months of repetitive clicking wasted because I RP a trader whilst others are doing the fun stuff in the caves and at Ops.

Nah bollox to that.

Sure I would be needed all the more to get the server turning over again , but it would have to be one hell of a game to make me stay.

And again people are coming out with the protests at traders making money without being PvPers bitches at their call all the time.

Why shouldn't a trader be able to make money solo, as fast as a tank in the caves ? Vehicle keys make bugger all profit as it stands , stop making out that it is an easy buck where you hit 20 million in a evenings play.

mishkin
26-07-04, 12:39
Will definetly stay. An item wipe would be the only honest thing to do, since kk have already started marketing this as a new game. Imagine the faces of people who buy a new game, and then meet a guy who says he's had his char for 3 years... :lol: As for calling it an item wipe, I'd rather see it mentioned as an "if you can't take anything with you to the other servers" thing... :rolleyes: That's just me though ;)

Dirk_Gently
26-07-04, 12:55
There can't be an item wipe. If there is there will be no tradeskillers. New players will not be able to buy good stuff from my pure constructor as he will not have a TL150 tool (neither will my pure resser) and they will leave NC2 because it will be crap.

I played SWG just after European release on the European servers and it was terrible. Principly because people didn't have stocks of equipment. You could not get any kit for a reasonable price and nobody helped anyone. I left because of it.

Neocron needs high level chars with stocks of equipment, otherwise it will be an absolute pig of a game for new players.

KazuYa.
26-07-04, 13:21
wtf u talking about?
first how u know KK will wipe items/money?
second if they wipe my items what i should do with my capped tank/monk/pe? what weapon i should use? how i ll get money to buy armor weapon and shit?

i hope a GM will say something about it and i want to know if its a rumours or the real fact

landofcake
26-07-04, 13:29
i'd definatley buy DoY even if there was an item wipe. I'm one of the few people who doesn't have an MC5 chip on ANY of my characters, and i like the idea of everyone starting again, i can imagine it being great fun, all the younger players fighting in the aggies with low level guns.

I'd love it :D

Richard Slade
26-07-04, 13:31
i'd definatley buy DoY even if there was an item wipe. I'm one of the few people who doesn't have an MC5 chip on ANY of my characters, and i like the idea of everyone starting again, i can imagine it being great fun, all the younger players fighting in the aggies with low level guns.

I'd love it :D

I can add up with myself,
only having ONE (1) rare imp at all, and that's a special rigger

landofcake
26-07-04, 13:33
i dont think i'd actually be annoyed even if i had loads of MC5 chips and loads of money, i mean i have a fair few rare items spread across my characters but i'd still be happy if there was an item wipe. I'd love to start with a level playing field, might give me a chance to get good :rolleyes:

Dirk_Gently
26-07-04, 13:40
For NC2 to keep me as a customer if I have all my characters and their items it has to be a bit better than NC currently is.

For NC2 to keep me as a customer if I don't have all that, it has to be the best MMORPG on the market.

Quite simple really.

LTA
26-07-04, 14:15
I'd love to start with a level playing field, might give me a chance to get good :rolleyes:
it's only gonna be a level playing field for peeps who already play, all the nibs are gonna get owned horrid, like if i had to start again it won't be long before i have a runcasting apu..

What nib is gonna beat me when i outdmg him and tbh cap my spells easier, fire faster and can recycle my ammo, my apu is gonna cap well well before any nib so how is it fair?
I know where to go to whore exp, find rares, it would be a grind but it's not gonna be any fairer for new players

Shakari
26-07-04, 16:43
Reply to hivemind

If you're already cancelling accounts, they don't care about you. You are, by your own admission, 66.67% done with the game. They've already got your money. They need new people with fresh addictions.

Er thats 50% 2 + 2 = 4 :D and no you can't be 50% done with a game, I haven't finished with NC or I would have cancelled all 4 Originally I had other games I wanted to try with that cash I saved from the 2 accounts I cancelled

Need new players with fresh addictions huh so they don't need exsisting players or ones who have been playing for over 2 year hmm ok thats a stupid statment.... if the game cannot keep ppl interested and only attracts new players who will not stay with the game then the game will run out of players... the old players are as important if not more than new ones if you think about it.

Go play Final Fantasy XI. Go play Everquest. THAT is a grind. Neocron doesn't even come close. A skilled player with time and good support can cap a character in a week.

I have played both those games thanks yes there worse but NC still has lots of grinding - depends if you called spending days in the chaos caves or killing warbots grinding i know I do

When I flame you you'll know it. huh? what u gonna put "this is a flame on the post????

You're proving it again. You're done. You've done everything the game offers. You're on your way out. Why should Reakktor give a shit about pleasing you?

Because they are still getting my money and if they want to keep getting it they should care... if u ran a company and ppl stopped doing business with you surely you would care why they stopped??? or you could go bankrupt of course :)

You say something like that, yet you're against a wipe? Please figure out what you want before posting anything else, you're obviously conflicted.

Did I mention items here?? no I didn't stop putting words in my mouth I was refering to ppl and game play not Items

and if you happy to pay money for something monthly and not have a right to say what u think about it then I guess you must have more money than sense...

and another thought a prime example that kk should care about exsisting customers and why those that leave do leave is the current server populations... you have been playing as long as i have in retail surely you remeber the server populations back then, 700+ at peak and more on pluto now look at pluto not seen above 90 for a good long while... thats sad, this is why kk should try and keep ppl like myself around and interested in the game..
and an Item wipe will not make me interested I don't want to start again from scratch end of story...

-Demon-
26-07-04, 18:45
Nice results so far guys.

A few things I've noticed you guys talking about.

1. Theres not going to be a item wipe - well KK have not responded to this or other threads at least going on 5 total and many pages of talking and still nothing, this doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

2. Hivemind...As said by most in this thread its not a case of us nearly leaving anyway before DoY, no its if we get a wipe I'm gone because of the simple fact I don't have the time or money to spend getting all my kit back. I don't hoard items I have the kit I need, if that goes then so do I simple as.

3. If people did stay I bet they would take out thier rage on noobs with capped store brought weapons anyway causing them to leave. Also I personally have a ton of imps and weapons ideal for noobs to start em off...if they get wiped then well I'm going to be able to help if I stay cause I will be getting my own shit.

4. New players will always have a disadvantage...but so I did I when I joined a few months after retail...maybe they should of wiped then too eh?, I mean come on the ecomony isn't going to improve it will go back soon enough,there will never be enough money sinks to stop it...if people want to save and pay mega money they will and people will take that money too.

hivemind
26-07-04, 20:24
2. Hivemind...As said by most in this thread its not a case of us nearly leaving anyway before DoY, no its if we get a wipe I'm gone because of the simple fact I don't have the time or money to spend getting all my kit back. I don't hoard items I have the kit I need, if that goes then so do I simple as.
Simple really. I don't believe any of you. I think you're all throwing your "OMG I'M LEAVING!" temper tantrums now, but when it comes down to it you won't really leave. And if you DO leave over something like this, you were gonna leave soon anyway, this was just your excuse, and we're better off without you.

Shujin
26-07-04, 20:35
No, infact i would welcome it. I love starting with nothing, having to work hard for what I get. Not to mention the noob fighting would be kick ass ;D.

In NC now no matter what server u go on its to hard to not take stuff from players, or to scavage from people.

Atm, if u start off with nothing, u can simply goto an agg cellar and pick up the junk the others discard and make around 100k within maybe 30 mins. With a wipe you wouldnt be able to do this.

Kaden
26-07-04, 20:39
No, infact i would welcome it. I love starting with nothing, having to work hard for what I get. Not to mention the noob fighting would be kick ass ;D.

In NC now no matter what server u go on its to hard to not take stuff from players, or to scavage from people.

Atm, if u start off with nothing, u can simply goto an agg cellar and pick up the junk the others discard and make around 100k within maybe 30 mins. With a wipe you wouldnt be able to do this.

Yes this too is my main reason for it ;) Noob fight in PP like in beta ;) :lol:

-REMUS-
26-07-04, 20:44
I will stay no matter what IF doy is good.

How ever I think a clearance of Clan and Stock X funds would be more productive

Benjie also mentioned to me the idea of just taking a gogo full of items through to DOY, im not sure if anyone else has had a simillar idea (havnt got time to read the entire thread).

I voted for maybe, even though it isnt a very good poll.

Jimi
26-07-04, 20:46
I have no idea whether I would like an item wipe or not, just can't make my mind up. I wouldn't leave if there was one tho.

nobby
26-07-04, 20:55
well if you think about it i dont think that they will do an item wipe and leave you naked will they

Seven
26-07-04, 20:59
Simple really. I don't believe any of you. I think you're all throwing your "OMG I'M LEAVING!" temper tantrums now, but when it comes down to it you won't really leave. And if you DO leave over something like this, you were gonna leave soon anyway, this was just your excuse, and we're better off without you.

Could be very true, however, some of the people who say they will stay may actually leave if this happens.
Point being, some people never know what they'll do in a situation until they're faced with it when it comes.
And yes this could be the last straw for some that may cause them to leave whereas they would have at least tried BDOY if a wipe didn't happen.

With the current player base we're not better off without them, if anything, we need to keep the people who are thinking of leaving and bring back the ones who left.
All in all, an item/cash wipe is useless if the bugs/exploits that caused said problems still exist.

Jest
26-07-04, 21:04
Ill stay no matter what, but to lose 2 years worth of my time would suck beyond comparison.

I asked the magic 8 ball if there would be an item wipe and this is what he told me.
http://www.indra.com/8ball/11.gif
I have a strong feeling he is right.

-Demon-
26-07-04, 21:11

I think I know if I will leave or not and yes I will leave despite what you think, I'm certainly not having temper tantrums I will say my good byes and leave if this happens, that is all.
It's a reason and a damn valid reason not an excuse as you put it, but I have already repeated many times I wasn't going to leave after or before DoY if this happens I WILL!
Get it into your thick skull this not because I am leaving anyway or want to make money off items or whatever you think.

I ENJOY THIS GAME, I DO NOT ENJOY HAVING MY HARD EARNED ITEMS WIPED.

If you really want to start afresh go all out getting KK to do a new server don't make us suffer with your ideals on how to run a better neocron after DoY.

I really don't think judging by the people that posted against a wipe and will leave I don't think that NC2 will be a better place at all...i find that comment degrading to myself to be honest cuz you don't even know me!

hivemind
26-07-04, 21:23
Oops...

-Demon-
26-07-04, 21:29
Dude, it's a game. If you don't enjoy it enough to keep playing it then just go. You don't have to invent some contrived excuse to justify it.

Ok nice quote of me there not!

If you even bother to read my posts you will discover I do care as I have 3 nearly capped chars fully kitted to do the job and PLAY this game and ENOY it.

Funny thing is the only thing you can think of doing is quote rubbish not from me in your defense...there has been no inventing my part at all.

If there is a item wipe I will leave, if not then I will stay and enjoy DoY...is that in terms you can understand yet? There no cloak and dagger, no contrieved excuses and no UFO sightings on my part to try and disguise the fact I am leaving if and only if there is a item wipe.

Jeez....

MegaCorp
26-07-04, 21:46
Nope, if there is an item wipe i am gone. I acquired my best items slowly over a very long time period with lots of hard work; i have zero interest in going through that all over again.

Spook @ Pluto

Conduit
26-07-04, 22:26
I think that there probably will be an item wipe, and TBH i know it sucks for all the people that worked a long time for their stuff legitimately, but there's just too many duped / illegally acquired items around. They need to be wiped out of the game before the influx of new people that DOY will bring.
It'd be cool if they allowed the contents of your gogo to come with you through to NC 2 though, along with your char, his implants and the armor that he's wearing. I think that strikes a pretty good balance.
IMO all amounts of money over 1 million should be wiped too, both player and clan.

alig
26-07-04, 22:35
I voted maybe.

Id most probably stay if they wiped items only.

Id be gone in a heart beat if they wiped cash along with it.

Clothing_Option
26-07-04, 22:49
God Damn Right Gary!!!

Hey wipe the cash if no one has any ppl with items cant charge 5 mill for a single slot CS---the beauty of deinflation

exo has about 50 players 99% of which are grown men with real jobs in the real world and some have small children.
Theres no way we would have the kind of time it would take to rebuild if everyone started at zero. Hell it took a full year to build up the clan.

Would i stay id check it out just otta curiosity but would look for some other game.

Clothing_Option
26-07-04, 22:58
You know something, all you people who are saying, "yea wipe all items" I bet you have nothing in this game that really means anything at all or you could give two shits about.

Chimp and I have gotten a stash of shit over the years and set our shit up and took ages to get shit where we like it, we wont start over.

Your telling me if you had 2 5 slotted Spirit modded Silent hunter, all 5 slotted Ultima'd spells on apu and ppu (oh whats that Ultimas don't drop anymore) and over 10k of rare parts, you would want to start over. No I don't think so. Because that right there is what we have and we SURE as hell arnt wiping our shit that took us ages to get.

So go f*ck yourself by trying to f*ck other players gaming up you prick.
WHAT HE SAID BIOOOOOOOOOOTCH

Clothing_Option
26-07-04, 23:10
But not every duped item is "wrong". If someone has duped up five cabinets worth of SAs, or five 249-count stacks of Spirit mods, those aren't "wrong" items.
Forget the entire "level the playing field" argument, just consider the technical task required to port from one database to another - hundreds of millions of items to be tagged and inserted into the new database, per server. Maybe even a few billion on disasters like Saturn. What if CoDi and company come back and say, "We're boned. There's no way we can convert the database and get it done for NC2's launch."

If KK told you that they couldn't do it, that the work to convert from one to the other was too great, even with NC's meager population, would you stay?

I personally hope they can do the conversion. If not, I hope we get a compromise - max 128 items in on-character inventory, imps, starter apts, GG, and QB. That would limit the max number of unique items per char to a few hundred items for every character. I'd hope that would be manageable. But if it really comes down to your char stats, I could continue to play. Just don't expect me to be very agreable for the first few months.

this type of datbase swap is definetly technically possible
wheter they would have the resources to do it is another
ie cash, time

Dirk_Gently
26-07-04, 23:26
There is no gameplay reason for there to be an item wipe, unless they do a character wipe too. I can't speak about the feasability of a database transfer, because I don't know enough about the technology side.

I do genuinely mean it when i say I would probably leave if this happened, frankly I cannot invest the time needed to fill my inventory with items that I need again. I have thought about leaving Neocron quite a few times, and have stayed because i like (most of) the community and I like kk's vision, but to be perfectly honest I just don't have the time to do all of this stuff again.

This isn't me raging about a proposed item wipe it is just the simple truth, that I don't have time to go through it all again.

Maybe I am too old to be playing computer games. :(

Shakari
26-07-04, 23:30

Well don't believe anyone I am not intending to leave but if they wipe my items I will leave.

would you be happy after 2 years of playing to lose all your stuff??

go take your distrust else where

Glok
26-07-04, 23:37
I can say I wouldn't leave and mean it, but when it comes right down to it, the first time I logged on to a penniless, itemless char, my opinion might change.

zii
26-07-04, 23:47
I will leave.

Why has this poll been posted, yet again. Its the teenth one!? Though we had al agreed that KK were not doing a wipe. At least thats what had been implied...

-Demon-
26-07-04, 23:52
I will leave.

Why has this poll been posted, yet again. Its the teenth one!? Though we had al agreed that KK were not doing a wipe. At least thats what had been implied...

Zii,

MJS has only mentioned Chars are not being wiped. And the amount of posts/polls etc you would think by now that KK would have commented about the items etc?
But no they remain silent...so well I guess at the moment it's unknown.

Kaden
26-07-04, 23:57
The reason the pro wipe people are pro wipe.

Is because we know that some things exist ingame, that no runner should have, there are things duped that no-one should ahve multiples of, even in the earliest days of retail uranus there were what, 20 5 slot liberators kicking around?

Duped.

Spirit mods, some clans i've known have WAY more than could possibly have dropped.

Duped.

Money, certain people ruin it for us all.

Duped.

I remember a certain person with a certain clan gaining almost 700 million overnight, apprently from troopcarriers?

Duped.

We are able to put aside out own problems for the benefit of others, we are the minority.

Dirk_Gently
27-07-04, 00:02
We are able to put aside out own problems for the benefit of others, we are the minority.

No you are able to want to punish the vast majority for the sins of a couple of people.

It is a totally different thing, so lets not start with the "greater good" crap.

COLD
27-07-04, 00:05
not just no, but HEEELLLLL NOOOOO

hivemind
27-07-04, 06:23
The reason the pro wipe people are pro wipe.

Is because we know that some things exist ingame, that no runner should have, there are things duped that no-one should ahve multiples of, even in the earliest days of retail uranus there were what, 20 5 slot liberators kicking around?

Duped.

Spirit mods, some clans i've known have WAY more than could possibly have dropped.

Duped.

Money, certain people ruin it for us all.

Duped.

I remember a certain person with a certain clan gaining almost 700 million overnight, apprently from troopcarriers?

Duped.

Yeah that about speaks for me as well.

2ply
27-07-04, 06:31
No fucking way I'd stay. I hate hunting, and I hated getting what I have. I can't stand it. If they think I'm going to hunt for everything again, they can fuck themselves because there's no way I would.

NeoChick
27-07-04, 06:52
Actually I do not understand this thread at all.

Neocron2 DOY is a completely new game (ok old Neocron revamped etc.)
So the chars will not transfer to DOY anyway.
So why worry about a 'wipe'. You will be playing a different game. It is a 'standalone game'

Tell me I'm wrong if you have proof ( I hope I am wrong )

HatchetRyda
27-07-04, 07:08
I'd leave if an item wipe, so would others, there would be no reason to play

IceStorm
27-07-04, 07:31
Tell me I'm wrong if you have proof ( I hope I am wrong )You're wrong. MJS has said our characters will be transferred (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?p=1309287#post1309287). People NOT upgrading may have to start over on a Classic server (as in, completely start over).

He's never said what happens to items or apts.

notneo
27-07-04, 09:50
no way i stay if thers a wipe

no big paragraphs

no whinging

got better things to do then do it all over again

svenw
27-07-04, 10:09
Wipeing everything except QB plus inbuild Imps plus Rank*1000Cr would be okay. This way you can save your most preciouse Things without debalancing the game from the start with multiple MC5 and rare Apps.

Richard Slade
27-07-04, 10:11
Personally I find it quite obvious that it will be a wipe
we're moving into a new game, a new server, and a new era..
why would the old stay?
There's always NCC (Neocron Classic) if you want the old

LTA
27-07-04, 10:37
why would the old stay?
Cuz its gonna be most of the old anyway.

So every expansion we are gonn aget wiped? if nc does well there will ppossibly more and we will get wiped?

There's no point to playing, what we been doing over the last 2 years collectinf for fuck all.

If you know people have duped then report it, if it's so obvious they are dupers they should suffer not all of us not like the head gm can't log into accs and se for himself if they have shedloads or not.

If it's a new game a new era then your chars should be wiped aswell, completely clean slate as they put it....

IceStorm
27-07-04, 11:14
There's always NCC (Neocron Classic) if you want the oldNo, the classic is where you get to go if you want to start completely over with a brand new character. All the existing accounts are being ported to BDOY servers. Read what I linked to above...

-Demon-
27-07-04, 12:39
why would the old stay?

A new game? Don't make me laugh...I'm looking forward to DoY but it's no way a new game.
Until a month or so ago it was a expansion pack, I don't think they've done anything amazing to it since then.

New servers maybe but they are still going to have to follow the same format of the existing servers.

The old would stay if KK have any business sense...I cannot see how people playing as long as me or longer would continue with DoY if it wiped everything they ever worked for.
Maybe its fine for you to work all the stuff back up, it just aint going to be possible for me..not anymore I got a young family and baby on the way I'm not going to have time to get kit for 3 nearly/capped chars...I'm pretty sure there will be others like me too

eldiabloz
27-07-04, 13:13
why would the old stay?

DoY is an expansion of neocron...

DAOC has many expansion such as SI, TOA, and soon catacombs... nothing has been stripped! NOTHING!

I hope neocron follow this example... or better i wish

Richard Slade
27-07-04, 13:16
New server: New people: New chars: New everything
Wtf would be the point to make an ew server where everyone got all their stuff already..
My god why do I even bother.

EDIT: Nvm I need nicotine right now

Rai Wong
27-07-04, 13:39
The items I have to collect back for:

A near Capped PPU

My capped HC Tank

my capped HC PE

My near capped APU

My capped Rifle PE

My capped droner

My near capped Rifle Spy

My Melee Tank

My Pistol Spy

My Barterer

My Researcher.

My constructor

i'd just quit alltogether. What would be the point? just my PPU would give me enough of a headache to cry, not even considering all the implants, mc5 chips,, spells weapons, and shit i'd have to collect to power one of my characters. I'm leaving for good if character wipe happens, its a plain stupid idea, why put us on the same level as the new players? we are veterans after all.

Also if the economies fucked a wipe will fix nothing, it proves the system is flawed, fix the system then the economy will fix itself.

Zaq
27-07-04, 13:54
New server: New people: New chars: New everything
Wtf would be the point to make an ew server where everyone got all their stuff already..
My god why do I even bother.

EDIT: Nvm I need nicotine right now

New server? yes, i believe they are bringing in new hardware for DOY
New people? err no, the vast majority will be the current playerbase
New chars? No, since they told us ages ago you get to transfer your chars to the DOY servers

I voted no. And im not "bluffing" :rolleyes:

Budzilla
27-07-04, 14:03
I wonder how long it would take for the rare items to come back :wtf:

Anyway i'd take a couple of months out to let ppl get items back in to game though who says its gunna happen anyway? Have i mist something? :confused:

Seven
27-07-04, 17:30
Question, what other MMORPG's wiped your character(s) when they added an expansion to the game?

.hack//sign
27-07-04, 17:39
Question, what other MMORPG's wiped your character(s) when they added an expansion to the game?
i cant think of any :rolleyes:

paolo escobar
27-07-04, 18:02
was gonna vote but as Nid pointed out already, u made a right cockup of the poll.

I defo wont be staying if there is an item wipe, forget that, after all the hours/days that have been lost to this damn game, building up a vast collection of items accross 2 accounts, 2 servers and a shit load of chars :mad:

I think it would be a cheek for kk to even think it.

lets see what happens to kk when we stop paying for the game and dont migrate over to DoY. Who gonna pay ya wages then, the DHSS?

-Demon-
27-07-04, 18:07
was gonna vote but as Nid pointed out already, u made a right cockup of the poll.

That was fixed ages ago...if read through and you will see.

DigestiveBiscui
27-07-04, 18:16
1. Has any GM's said anything about this

2. Has MJS Said anything

3. Has anyone WORTH LISTENING TO THAT KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING SAID ANYTHING?

4. Which idiot told u this

By the way - the answer to 1,2, and 3 are all no - so dont try anything

god - people shit themselves over nothing i sware lol

-Demon-
27-07-04, 18:21
1. Has any GM's said anything about this

2. Has MJS Said anything

3. Has anyone WORTH LISTENING TO THAT KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING SAID ANYTHING?

4. Which idiot told u this

By the way - the answer to 1,2, and 3 are all no - so dont try anything

god - people shit themselves over nothing i sware lol

1. If it really was shit KK should of commented on this or other threads but they remain silent which doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

2. MJS has only said about chars and not much else.

3. See #1

4. Well over 300 people have voted so I think the community are concerned either way.

DigestiveBiscui
27-07-04, 18:22
well im not fucking concered because IM NOT A FUCKING IDIOT

-Demon-
27-07-04, 18:24
well im not fucking concered because IM NOT A FUCKING IDIOT

Ok...umm chill, it's only a poll and my views :wtf:

DigestiveBiscui
27-07-04, 18:29
all over the forums for the past month these rumourshave been said - all of which are rumours

as far as im concerned - if it was going to happen it would of been on the file plan for DOY that was posted ages ago

AsTrIX
27-07-04, 18:52
:( i wil stay.... but zard0f will go

-REMUS-
28-07-04, 09:27

I defo wont be staying if there is an item wipe, forget that, after all the hours/days that have been lost to this damn game, building up a vast collection of items accross 2 accounts, 2 servers and a shit load of chars :mad:

I think it would be a cheek for kk to even think it.

lets see what happens to kk when we stop paying for the game and dont migrate over to DoY. Who gonna pay ya wages then, the DHSS?

Point is tho that some sad fuckers didnt spend hours/days collecting, they just exploited bugs and cloned/cheated their way into wealth and they still have these items and cash stored.

Rai Wong
28-07-04, 09:33
Point is tho that some sad fuckers didnt spend hours/days collecting, they just exploited bugs and cloned/cheated their way into wealth and they still have these items and cash stored.

and why do people think BDOY is like the second coming... its not like its going to fix exploits or bugs, if anything its going to bring more.

Scikar
28-07-04, 09:35
I would leave. I don't play NC to level up and collect items any more. I play to RP and PvP. I'm currently struggling to find reasons to stay, an item wipe would give me an excellent reason to leave.

Clownst0pper
28-07-04, 10:04
Just one question.

If all items are wiped, then how on earth are my players going to do any dmg?

Use none rares?

There not really going to help against mc5 areas.. :(

LTA
28-07-04, 10:48
As i just said in the other thread... where i am apparently a moron becuase i don't agree...

How about some comprimise between both sides, let players take a selected set of items through, or let tradeskillers take their tools through...

How about settling something for both sides as the vote looks well close to 50/50 in this community and HIve maybe your right maybe they are hollow threats but maybe not?
Would you want 200 odd players quitting? if you was kk would you risk the cancelation of 200 or 400 accounts depending on the multi accs etc

There's a-lot of hope riding on doy for new players but at the same time... at least spare a thought of those that have been helping pay kks way for the past few years of retail....and who have been sticking with NC despite all it's bad points ...

IceStorm
28-07-04, 10:52
By the way - the answer to 1,2, and 3 are all no - so dont try anythingThe answer to #2 is that MJS has said all characters will be converted to BDOY and that those who remain with the "classic" client may have to start over on a new server. He's never said anything about items/apartments. I've already linked to his post about this earlier in the thread.
If all items are wiped, then how on earth are my players going to do any dmg?Top-end non-rare weapons?
Use none rares?You'll have to farm up rares. Shouldn't take more than a couple days with a few people. Longer if you do it solo.
There not really going to help against mc5 areas..No MC5 until you've got your rares back, I suppose...

Lucid Dream
28-07-04, 11:10
I have never duped.
Everything I own i either bought or had built.
No matter how much they call it a new game, it is an expansion.
There is a lot of shit I have, that cannot be replaced, and I would be beyond pissed if it turns out I saved my biosignature chips for a year, just so they could be deleted.
Money wipe? yes, as much as I would LOVE to keep my money, the current economy fucks over new players, SOMETHING needs to be done about money, but items do not need to be wiped. People keep claiming that everything in this game is duped, but really, have these so called 'duped' items had any effect on the game? It is still a bitch to get a high slotted SH, it is still a bitch to get a high slotted CS, it is still a bitch to get mc5 chips, it is still beyond a bitch to get spirit mods.

notneo
28-07-04, 12:29
untill we get an official reply from kk this is all just shooting the breeze,so i think we have all flamed on long enough ,lets wait and see what unfolds.

stay,leave make your mind up when you have the real deal

solling
28-07-04, 13:34
yeh i gotta agree with lucid on this one just do a money whipe so that all players AND clans loose their money

but all the items we worked hard to get not including the mc5

Dribble Joy
28-07-04, 13:38
yeh i gotta agree with lucid on this one just do a money whipe so that all players AND clans loose their money

but all the items we worked hard to get not including the mc5
If you wipe ALL the money, then the beginning of NC2 will be a very painfull experience, everyone will be out killing mobs for ages, simple cash will take a while to filter into the system.
If you wipe stocks and clan moneys, and wipe all cash above say.... 500k on runners, then it would not be so bad.

Lethys
28-07-04, 13:49
If you wipe stocks and clan moneys, and wipe all cash above say.... 500k on runners, then it would not be so bad.

That's the best idea I've heard so far.

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 15:00
Money wipe? yes, as much as I would LOVE to keep my money, the current economy fucks over new players, .

I don't know what server you play on but on uranus everything is far cheaper than it was when I started playing. The current economy is great for new players, half the time you don't even need to pay for stuff because players have their old stuff lying around. Maybe this isn't really rp, but you can hardly say that the economy on uranus screws noobs.

kanabistro
28-07-04, 17:48
Will call my personal lawyer if KK decides to reset items and/or Exp of my character if i decide to play Neocron1.0finalbeta.exe aka Bdoy...

KK maybe don't have the programing skills to make transition between old NC and futur add-on and prefer maybe reset all... :wtf:

Erf be sure that in France we got enough LAW from our side if you decide that sort of things...

ezza
28-07-04, 17:49
Will call my personal lawyer if KK decides to reset items and/or Exp of my character if i decide to play Neocron1.0finalbeta.exe aka Bdoy...

KK maybe don't have the programing skills to make transition between old NC and futur add-on and prefer maybe reset all... :wtf:

Erf be sure that in France we got enough LAW from our side if you decide that sort of things...man you are an idiot if you are gonna do that

Possessed
28-07-04, 17:50
I remember that at the beginning of retail when they had to wipe cash on jupi because of an exploit... IIRC they had a formula that gave everyone cash, with the amount depending on the rank of the character. That might work here (maybe factoring the age of the char?).

Richard Slade
28-07-04, 17:51
lol
Imagine if those who have a biosig chip are the only one's who'll survive a transfer, so those who didn't get it have to start over :D

Jest
28-07-04, 18:01
If you wipe stocks and clan moneys, and wipe all cash above say.... 500k on runners, then it would not be so bad.Even just wiping clan money and StockX funds but leaving all runner credits would be good.

kanabistro
28-07-04, 18:18
man you are an idiot if you are gonna do that

I dont care, i have spend time and money to have all i had on NC, items, cash, guns, Experience (dont want to pex my Monk Int from the begining again)...

And because of KK seems to have problems of upgrade the old runner's database from NC0.9beta to NC1.0finalbeta (bdoy) and save their items, money, and anything else they have done on the game, we should open our ass and let something like a big Reset appened to us ?

Sorry, i lost energy on that game, i lost time, i lost girlfriend :D

Im not only a fucking humans that only pays KK everymonth and shut my mouth...
I play their game, whith you and the entire communauty French, Germain, English...for month and month, to make that game LIVE (life/lived ??), and because of us, KK can make Bdoy...

So i know that thread only a "If it..." thread, no one from KK have speack about but if they have think of it, and that thread just a poll to know our opinion like for the logo (the logo is not what comunity have vote for...), i just prevent KK that if i BUY Bdoy, and if i dont have my characters, all my items, all my cash, all my appartment, all my Exp point, and whatever is in the CGU/contract etc it will be directly goes to justice, tribunal, lawyer etc etc and i know from similar things that KK will pay for it more than for just learn how to code an add-on whitout bug...

And be sure that French justic really more care about Justice than about a contract :lol:

PS: sorry for my english im just a runner from the forgotten French communauty that just understand that KK only listen Germain and english sometimes....

Logan Tyrus
28-07-04, 18:22
im pretty sure KK put one of those little disclaimer things on their installer liscene thing... 8|

basically says they can stop supporting the internet side anytime they want - even if its for a split second.

"cant support it anymore"
*erases dbase*
"my bad :lol: "

and theres nothing u can do about it :D

i might be wrongt tho... :D

hivemind
28-07-04, 18:22
im just a runner from the forgotten French communauty that just understand that KK only listen Germain and english sometimes....
That's because listening to the French people is Alchemic Dream's job, not KKs. I'd suggest you French people make sure AD know how you feel, preferably without the laughable threats of a lawsuit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 18:27
There is a disclaimer on the tos saying that they can alter/discontinue the service at any time as there always are on MMORPGs.

If they are going to delete items I would figure that they would have told us by now, because all this crap on the forums looks very bad for any future players.

hivemind
28-07-04, 18:28
There is a disclaimer on the tos saying that they can alter/discontinue the service at any time as there always are on MMORPGs.

If they are going to delete items I would figure that they would have told us by now, because all this crap on the forums looks very bad for any future players.
Or looks very GOOD to new players, as they're thinking they'll get to start up on an even footing, stuff-wise...

Logan Tyrus
28-07-04, 18:28
... >_>

>_>

forum wipe :lol:

kanabistro
28-07-04, 18:32
im pretty sure KK put one of those little disclaimer things on their installer liscene thing... 8|

basically says they can stop supporting the internet side anytime they want - even if its for a split second.

"cant support it anymore"
*erases dbase*
"my bad :lol: "

and theres nothing u can do about it :D

i might be wrongt tho... :D

Bah their is many things i can do, first off all, is to don't buy Bdoy...and continue play NC...

I will never buy Bdoy if all i got on the game will disapear, so i will stay in Basic NC to preserv what i got...

hivemind
28-07-04, 18:39
Bah their is many things i can do, first off all, is to don't buy Bdoy...and continue play NC...

I will never buy Bdoy if all i got on the game will disapear, so i will stay in Basic NC to preserv what i got...
You're confused. The "Neocron Classic" server, from all information, is going to be a brand new clean server with no characters or items. All your characters are going to DoY wether or not you buy it.

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 19:06
Or looks very GOOD to new players, as they're thinking they'll get to start up on an even footing, stuff-wise...

Nope because it looks like there is no point in playing as you lose all your stuff when kk want to make an expansion.

Starting on an even footing stuff-wise is crap because you can't buy anything. SWG when it first came out was god-awful because of it.

Carinth
28-07-04, 19:40
Nope because it looks like there is no point in playing as you lose all your stuff when kk want to make an expansion.

Starting on an even footing stuff-wise is crap because you can't buy anything. SWG when it first came out was god-awful because of it.

A) This is not an expansion, NC2 is a new product, new game.

B) You dislike having to work to get your equipment? You prefer having it easily given to you by other players who did the work? Why are you playing a rpg?

Pluto's start was some of the best time I've had in NC. Do you know how exciting it is to get your first rare, and to know that it is actualy rare? Do you know how exciting it is to reach 100k in cash for the first time? That's a heck of a lotta money! Have you ever fought without rares, with normal weapons because that's all most people have? When was the last time you feared Hoverbombers or took an alternate route because a Warbot was looking scary.

Dirk_Gently
28-07-04, 19:49

B) You dislike having to work to get your equipment? You prefer having it easily given to you by other players who did the work? Why are you playing a rpg?

Pluto's start was some of the best time I've had in NC. Do you know how exciting it is to get your first rare, and to know that it is actualy rare? Do you know how exciting it is to reach 100k in cash for the first time? That's a heck of a lotta money! Have you ever fought without rares, with normal weapons because that's all most people have? When was the last time you feared Hoverbombers or took an alternate route because a Warbot was looking scary.

A) That is all very questionable. Anyway if it is a new product it would have to be the best on the market for 2004-5 if I am going to stay (I said this before) If it is an expansion it just has to add good things to the original NC.

B) Yes it's a pain in the arse, however I have done all that and I do not have time to do it again. Also a high level NEXT char giving a noob NEXT char is called roleplay.

I have one rare wep on my PE and two on my Tank (neither particularly good quality) and an MC5 chip on my constructor out of 8 chars on uranus. So yes i do know all those things. It has taken me nearly two years to get to this point, I have not cheated and exploited like alot of other people, nobody has ever given me anything. I think I am allowed to be a touch pissed off that that is all going to be wasted.

My real -life circumstances have changed now and I don't have time to rebuild, so if this is the case I would like to be able to cancel my accounts now and not waste any more of my time and money.

I may as well have just played BF 1942 for a couple of years.

LTA
28-07-04, 20:01

heh whats NEW about it?
Some new textures a few new areas, prolly a few new epics and weapons..

I dislike having to get all my equipment over again, for all my chars on all 3 accs on the 2 servers i play, i am playing a rpg to rp, which i don on venus.

And all that stuff was Exciting the first time round, its not exciting anymore, it's like "O i finally got my 8th HL after i fataled and lost my previous one"

I dodge warbots and hovers everytime i take my nib to mb, it was scary the first time, but i have ran about 50 chars to mb it's not scary no more it's a long run with some minor obsticals.
It won't be any scarier without a rare simply because when i ran past em i didn't have a rare anyway once i start taggin grs i will never really be dodgin em.
I still dodge hovers to this day, because i don't wanna die and wait half hour for a poke.

Fighting with non rares is no different to rare fighting, just that you won't have a swirly but the highest tl non rare will still win all the same, like rares win now.
All the guns are the same, each type looks the same, sounds the same and pretty much shoots the same as rares, if rares were different then non rare fighting prolly would be much more fun, but meh a ncpd storm raygun will be the equivelent of a rog without the swirly and doing a little less damage.
When venus started it was all non rare if wepaons looked different had different variations in them bar damage then maybe i could agree but woo a tl 50 plasma rifle is the same as the tl 80 rifle it just does less damage per burst wow so much better than using first loves all the time.
Your tl 50 non rare won't beat a tl 80 non rare unless the higher lev is crap so what difference does it make?
It was all fun for the first few times, but now it's the same old same old, are they gonna add some scenic additions en route to mb or tg?

It's only gonna be a new game to new players, for the rest it's the same with some extra sugar on top

mishkin
29-07-04, 00:46
What I find funny, is that people actually consider a string of data (Yes, that's what you see when you play nc, strings of info in a database) to be irreplaceable or valuable in any way... :rolleyes:

FFS, if they put an item in, they can take it out, and, they can replace it within seconds by backing the specific data up before a wipe or just adding from their own head... If they can't, they better look for new jobs :p
Things like the dildo of Maven, those are just specific flashlights with edited names.... that can be done in about 5 seconds in a decent database ffs... irreplaceable? pfffft O_o

-Demon-
29-07-04, 01:21
What I find funny, is that people actually consider a string of data (Yes, that's what you see when you play nc, strings of info in a database) to be irreplaceable or valuable in any way... :rolleyes:

FFS, if they put an item in, they can take it out, and, they can replace it within seconds by backing the specific data up before a wipe or just adding from their own head... If they can't, they better look for new jobs :p
Things like the dildo of Maven, those are just specific flashlights with edited names.... that can be done in about 5 seconds in a decent database ffs... irreplaceable? pfffft O_o

Right so if KK wiped everything off your char right now would you think it's funny?
I think the people that worked damn hard over the last two years deserve better than KK sticking two fingers up to us and screw us over by wiping the items.

Bah I try to stop myself from posting to these now...read my other responses ok and you get how I feel.

Also to the people who are saying...don't you remember when we started and how cool it was. Yes of course we do...but really you aint gonna be that excited again are you ? Come on.. it aint gonna be is it?.

cornelius5
29-07-04, 01:28
ya i really wouldnt mind a char wipe, not so much for the "even ground" reason. but mostly for the hunt and fun of leveling for survival, atm everything is stale. if i need a rare now, offering a mil a part gets it .
kinda yawn.

Lucid Dream
29-07-04, 03:04

Items like the dildo of maven are in fact irreplaceable. You cannot get them at all anymore. They are absolutely non-replaceable. If there is a wipe, there is no way to get them back, short of a GM giving them to you.

Darkener
29-07-04, 03:13
ya i really wouldnt mind a char wipe, not so much for the "even ground" reason. but mostly for the hunt and fun of leveling for survival, atm everything is stale. if i need a rare now, offering a mil a part gets it .
kinda yawn.

A char wipe is just plain evil especially after 2 years worth of work done on some of my chars . An item wipe is nearly as bad whats it going to fix or make fair it would be unfair to take away stuff that has taken so long to get . How even would things really be with a item wipe . I know all the best places to get rares even if i didnt id find some new ones because i know what im doing in the game , item wipe is just delaying the enevitable

Disturbed021
29-07-04, 03:26
If they are trying to sell NC2 as a completely new game then its going to be kind of hard to explain (to new customers) why they allow a crapload of ppl to bring all their chars, money, apts, clans, etc. from NC1 (a completely different game) to NC2 (a supposedly new game). :rolleyes:
I'd be kinda pissed if I were a new customer.
"Wait a sec! You mean ppl have their capped chars with all the kewl stuff from 2 years ago in this new game!? and I have to try and compete with that?"

To me it sounds pretty typical of kk.....not quite sure what they are doing and of course they won't bother laying out a plan ahead of time so the community knows what to expect.
Nor do they bother commenting on the 20+ threads wanting to know specifically what we can transfer when NC2 finally gets here.
+ the lack of advertising is just going to get them in this same "low population on all servers" problem in a few months after the hype of NC2's release wears off.
*shrug* It's becoming clearer and clearer that this game will probably never be as popular as it deserves to be.

Dirk_Gently
29-07-04, 03:40
If they are trying to sell NC2 as a completely new game then its going to be kind of hard to explain (to new customers) why they allow a crapload of ppl to bring all their chars, money, apts, clans, etc. from NC1 (a completely different game) to NC2 (a supposedly new game). :rolleyes:
I'd be kinda pissed if I were a new customer.
"Wait a sec! You mean ppl have their capped chars with all the kewl stuff from 2 years ago in this new game!? and I have to try and compete with that?"

To me it sounds pretty typical of kk.....not quite sure what they are doing and of course they won't bother laying out a plan ahead of time so the community knows what to expect.
Nor do they bother commenting on the 20+ threads wanting to know specifically what we can transfer when NC2 finally gets here.
+ the lack of advertising is just going to get them in this same "low population on all servers" problem in a few months after the hype of NC2's release wears off.
*shrug* It's becoming clearer and clearer that this game will probably never be as popular as it deserves to be.

But surely that's the same in all games?? If you join a game a few months after launch there are loads of high level characters on. It isn't a big deal.

Disturbed021
29-07-04, 06:13
But surely that's the same in all games?? If you join a game a few months after launch there are loads of high level characters on. It isn't a big deal.
I've been playing for a year and seven months, thats a lot more than a few months :p

kanabistro
29-07-04, 09:37
Because of it seems that KK only listen germain and english community this is why me (french community) i will explain my opinion (that nobody care) about that thread and why i want that i can let me migrate all my characters, their items, their mc5 :D , their cash, their appart etc etc :

Moi je veut juste k'on nous laisses le choix...

Ta envie de delete et de remonter un ou plusieurs perso pour X ou Y raisons ?
Bah fait le...
Ki t'en empeches ?
Fait le meme maintenant si ta envie et casses pas les couilles aux otres...

Mais si tu fait partie des "otres", c à dire ceux pour ki les heures, les jours, les mois, voir meme les années passés dans NC, à pex (hein ton Int de moine, ta constit de PE/Tank...), à chasser des rares et/ou otre object (hein rapel toi toutes c putin d'heures à camper F13 pour les Grims et les rares, à pister les WB prés de MB etc etc), à faire construir des Guns en pagaille pour enfin avoir ton putin de CS ou de HL 5 slots, à camper MC5 pour peut etre si Crahn le veut, ke t l'implant ultime ke ta révé d'avoir depuis ke ta entendue ke ca exister ?

Bref etc etc...
Sachez ke delete tout ca d'un coup de baguette magik, c comme si vous delete aussi de vos mémoir tous les events, les Op, les pvp aux kelle vous avez participé et ki font aussi Votre Runneur...

Donc voila, j'en ais rien a pété ke yen ais ki veulent delete, remonter un perso, etc etc...
Non tant mieux pour vous si vous vous amuser au stileto ou otre, c votre trip...
Jvais pas vous en empecher et personne le pourras...

Mais comprennez bien ke je penses une Grande majorités de personne (et pas forcement celle ki vienne faire les bisounours de base sur les forums) n'ont pas forcement envie de perdre leur MC5 en achetant ou en achetant pas Bdoy...

Tout ca paske KK à un léger manke de skills en programation et ils sont pas foutue de faire migrer les database de tous les runneurs de Neocron_0.9_public_beta.exe vers Neocron_1.0_final_beta.exe avant septembre mois de la sortie officiel...

Sérieux il est ou le probléme du fossée entre les noob et ceux ki aurais joué deja et ki aurais des perso capés ?
C le meme fossée ki ya maintenant avec ceux ki débutes ou pas...
Vous imaginés, vous ki parler tout letemps de RP par ci, RP par la ?
Si vos perso capés, ki attendent depuis des mois kon leur ouvres des portes du dome, ki ont livrés bataille pour cela, ou ki on combattue ce meme dome ?
Koi hop pouf plus rien ?
Raaaa bah jolie le RP as 2 balles...

Voila, sur ce, rdv à la sortie de Bdoy si jpeut y faire migrer mes 2 runeurs, tous leurs items, leur Experience, leur appartes, leur cash, et surtout leur mc5
Sinon bah bonne continuation a tous ceux ki vont repartir pour une nvelle saison d'entubation payantes (héhé KK c comme les Tsu ils te sodomisent, et en plus c toi ki doit payer en euros...) avec votre Nveau jeux tout neuf, tout beau k'avec des putin de 0/2 partout et juste une zone de plus (aka Bdoy city...) bref le meme ke vous jouer deja avec des caves en plus...donc des bugs en plus, et dans 1ans pour la sodomie numéro 3 la sortie de Prout de Tokyo vous en serais toujours au meme point avec les meme ouinouin car comme c partie c votre destin de runneurs...

----[kanabistro]--------> Jveut bien me faire sodomiser, mais sans amour yas pas moyen...

Yayaya...it's in french... :D
Try babylon translator... :lol:

Richard Slade
29-07-04, 09:40
Someone translate that stuff to German too

Richard Slade
29-07-04, 10:04
Allow me to try to translate with no fucking clue about French, whatsoever:

"Moi je veut juste k'on nous laisses le choix..."

"My something something something"

"Ta envie de delete et de remonter un ou plusieurs perso pour X ou Y raisons ?
Bah fait le...
Ki t'en empeches ?
Fait le meme maintenant si ta envie et casses pas les couilles aux otres..."

"Envy the delete and remount a plush person n' pour X & Y rations
Bah faith in LE
Kitten emfeces
Faith in LE me me maintain yes thanks alot envy something something"

"Mais si tu fait partie des "otres", c à dire ceux pour ki les heures, les jours, les mois, voir meme les années passés dans NC, à pex (hein ton Int de moine, ti constit de PE/Tank...)"

"My synaptic faith part of "otres"(?) with a dire.. need.. of pouring less hours, less journeys, less moisture, me me less annex passes dance in NC, a pox (heinz (ketchup) a ton Int for me, and con for PE/Tank)"

"à chasser des rares et/ou otre object (hein rapel toi toutes c putin d'heures à camper F13 pour les Grims et les rares, à pister les WB prés de MB etc etc), à faire construir des Guns en pagaille pour enfin avoir ton putin de CS ou de HL 5 slots, à camper MC5 pour peut etre si Crahn le veut, ke t l'implant ultime ke ta révé d'avoir depuis ke ta entendue ke ca exister ?"

"A chaser with rares and other objects (heinz rapid toilett tutor put in hours of campers in F13 pouring lesser grims and lesser rares, as a pistolless WB presses MB etc etc), a fair constructor with Guns an pagans pour dolphins away tons putting the CS into a 5 slot HL, a camper in MC5 pours small Crahn LE's with ultima implants, and revenge says away deputy entertin, does this exist?"

"Bref etc etc...
Sachez ke delete tout ca d'un coup de baguette magik, c comme si vous delete aussi de vos mémoir tous les events, les Op, les pvp aux kelle vous avez participé et ki font aussi Votre Runneur..."

"Brews etc etc...
Saches could delete tutorial CA and do baguette magic (WTF!?), come see our deleted aussi in memory of tutoring lesser events, lesser OPs, lesser pvp sound called for participation infron of an aussi Volountair(Spelling?) Runner

"Donc voila, j'en ais rien a pété ke yen ais ki veulent delete, remonter un perso, etc etc...
Non tant mieux pour vous si vous vous amuser au stileto ou otre, c votre trip...
Jvais pas vous en empecher et personne le pourras..."

"Donk and voila, a rice Peter with yens and he's deleted, remounted and personalized, etc etc
Non tank mix; pour your cous cous amusment and stilleto on the worst trip you had...
Now pass it with empathy for persons with LEs"

"Mais comprennez bien ke je penses une Grande majorités de personne (et pas forcement celle ki vienne faire les bisounours de base sur les forums) n'ont pas forcement envie de perdre leur MC5 en achetant ou en achetant pas Bdoy..."

"The main comprehension from pens and the grand majority of persons (as their enforced into sells of fairly less binoculared bases at the lesser forums)
not passing enforcement they go MC5 aching and aching past Bdoy"

"Tout ca paske KK à un léger manke de skills en programation et ils sont pas foutue de faire migrer les database de tous les runneurs de Neocron_0.9_public_beta.exe vers Neocron_1.0_final_beta.exe avant septembre mois de la sortie officiel..."

"Since CA pester KK an their skills in programming there will a fair chance of a lesser database and therefor less runners getting Neocron_0.9_public_beta.exe versus Neocron_1.0_final_beta.exe watch out september, much is official"

"Sérieux il est ou le probléme du fossée entre les noob et ceux ki aurais joué deja et ki aurais des perso capés ?
C le meme fossée ki ya maintenant avec ceux ki débutes ou pas...
Vous imaginés, vous ki parler tout letemps de RP par ci, RP par la ?
Si vos perso capés, ki attendent depuis des mois kon leur ouvres des portes du dome, ki ont livrés bataille pour cela, ou ki on combattue ce meme dome ?
Koi hop pouf plus rien ?
Raaaa bah jolie le RP as 2 balles..."

"Serious problems include foots entering and less noobs to have deja vu about people in capés (?)
See, LE on me me foots and I maintaint a fair debate about it
So imagine, those temporary LEs RPing, RPing where?
Yes, the persons in capés, attending to my leaving at the gates,
the dome, as we steal their livers in battle, want some combat at the dome?
Have hopes plus reindeers?
Raaaw! Bah (Angelina) Jolie got an LE and likes RP as much as she got 2 balls"

"Voila, sur ce, rdv à la sortie de Bdoy si jpeut y faire migrer mes 2 runeurs, tous leurs items, leur Experience, leur appartes, leur cash, et surtout leur mc5
Sinon bah bonne continuation a tous ceux ki vont repartir pour une nvelle saison d'entubation payantes (héhé KK c comme les Tsu ils te sodomisent, et en plus c toi ki doit payer en euros...) avec votre Nveau jeux tout neuf, tout beau k'avec des putin de 0/2 partout et juste une zone de plus (aka Bdoy city...) bref le meme ke vous jouer deja avec des caves en plus...donc des bugs en plus, et dans 1ans pour la sodomie numéro 3 la sortie de Prout de Tokyo vous en serais toujours au meme point avec les meme ouinouin car comme c partie c votre destin de runneurs..."

"Voila, some sort of Bdoy is here with fairies who's messaging 2 runners, lure them with items, lure them with experience, lure with apartments, lure with cash, and also luring them with MC6
Simon says BAH as they continue to repair and pour a debutant payer (hehe KK come see less Tsu sodomize and only pay in euros) so watch your (Vichy) Noveau as it gets nerfed and put into a 0/2 part with just one zone plus (aka Bdoy city...(Wasn't it Dome of York and not Bdoy city?))
So lemme talk about my deja vu at the caves, the bugs plus my dance called sodomy number 3, sorting out Tokyo something something something"

"----[kanabistro]--------> Jveut bien me faire sodomiser, mais sans amour yas pas moyen..."

"-----[kanabistro]--------> We can sodomize the fairy, and his love, past the moonlight..."

**Dude get a real language.. :wtf:

Vampire_Reaver
29-07-04, 10:16
:lol: :lol: :lol:
that was the funniest thing for a long time :D
and to stay on topic, yes. I'll stick around. :)

Richard Slade
29-07-04, 12:53
I must say: Why won't KK give use an answer simple enough?
WHY?!

hivemind
29-07-04, 17:31
Goddamn that's some funny shit Slade...

Richard Slade
29-07-04, 17:39
And I'm terribly sorry for the typos.
It's MC5 and not MC6 :p
Also alot of "an" means "and"...

DonnyJepp
05-08-04, 05:20
I heard there might be a wipe.

Anything to that?

engl
05-08-04, 05:45
maybe ...... hmmm ......

KK sucks ? O_o

they got the best mmorpg idea ever and they did manage to kill this idea by always going in the wrong direction .......

not a single line of coding : exploit ? ERASE ! and not modify !
advertising ? nope ... silence.
classes balance ? nope ... nerf / boost a class then another one etc..
fatals ? once again, bad coding, it could be easiliy avoided .... but no, not a single improvement since the beta.

that's sad .. Really.

Freya
05-08-04, 07:02
Please do not Bump old threads