Ramzi
25-07-04, 09:00
...On the PC you play Neocron on?

:lol:

Omnituens
25-07-04, 09:05
...On the PC you play Neocron on?

:lol:
Yes? you got some sort of problem with that? because i dont.

TheDuckMan
25-07-04, 09:05
yay.... new drivers... to bad my fx card sucks... im a cheap bastard and got the 5200, not one of them fancy 5600's

Ramzi
25-07-04, 09:09
Yes? you got some sort of problem with that? because i dont.

i'm using like 30.xx drivers and i never fatal...

everyone who bitches about fatals are the people who rush off to get the newest driver asap.

manderf
25-07-04, 09:44
erm how does one down grade his drivers?,

ps my avatar is so cool

Opar
25-07-04, 09:52
erm how does one down grade his drivers?,

ps my avatar is so cool

No it isn't. Its a cheap-ass Godzilla wannabe that sucks to all hell to be honest.

manderf
25-07-04, 10:10
dude thats from godzilla 2000 you nib which is a japanese film fyi

eldiabloz
25-07-04, 10:17
I use 40.72 WQHL Official (considered by several people and italian communitys the best one ;) )

However to downgrade the driver you have to:
1. Open Manage Periferals
2. Delete your video card
3. Reboot
4. Reboot again without install video card (to delete completely drivers form you HD)
4. Execute the new driver installer
5. Finish driver installation
6. Reboot
7. Enjoy :D

*After new driver installation you should reinstall DirectX*

Rude Boi
25-07-04, 13:56
whats the diffrence between US English (or w.e) and International?

i c that the international one is like another 8mb bigger, but why?

Richard Slade
25-07-04, 14:01
yay.... new drivers... to bad my fx card sucks... im a cheap bastard and got the 5200, not one of them fancy 5600's

I'm with you one that Ducky.
it's not bad tho, not for it's price

msdong
25-07-04, 14:06
whats the diffrence between US English (or w.e) and International?

i c that the international one is like another 8mb bigger, but why?

because they translate all the english words to ie. german. the driver installs in the language you OS workin.

Rude Boi
25-07-04, 14:06
that it? lol

thnx

Doc Holliday
25-07-04, 14:23
so its a good idea NOT to download the latest drivers o_O

I sent an email to tech support about a week ago as i had dropped in to nc for a chat with someone. i crashed 3 times fatal and my pc did a full reset about 4 times in an hr or so i was online. The guy at tech support asked whether i had updated the latest drivers as this was recommended and to also install the game if i do update them just to be sure. there were other suggestions for the prob i had but u get the idea.

So any other technoboffins wanna give their 2 pence??

Omnituens
25-07-04, 18:45
I hardly ever fatal, and when i do, the error reports show that it is a sound error, not a graphic error.

ive seen no increase or decrease in fatals as ive upgraded the drivers, only an increase in the stability in the FPS.

Crono
25-07-04, 18:50
i'm using like 30.xx drivers and i never fatal...

everyone who bitches about fatals are the people who rush off to get the newest driver asap.

Dont Bullshit us :D

Ive played this game since beta, thgrough all different cards/drivers. Same fatals, same thing. It doesnt have miuch to do with drivers unless they screwed something up. Only difference ive ever seen is changes in how the game handels multiple objects over distances, and how fast the textures load and at what distance they get better.

I hate anti improvement ideas, some people will be using old drivers and a non patched Windows 2000 still 5 years from now and still swear by it .. :lol:

-Crono

Omnituens
25-07-04, 19:09
apparently there might be a bug with some systems that causes models to become streched or warped.

ive just been runnning around MB and seen nothing odd, anyone else got any input?

Ascension
25-07-04, 19:49
Dont Bullshit us :D

Ive played this game since beta, thgrough all different cards/drivers. Same fatals, same thing. It doesnt have miuch to do with drivers unless they screwed something up. Only difference ive ever seen is changes in how the game handels multiple objects over distances, and how fast the textures load and at what distance they get better.

I hate anti improvement ideas, some people will be using old drivers and a non patched Windows 2000 still 5 years from now and still swear by it .. :lol:

-Crono

Maybe he has a Dell like MJS.. MJS never fatals.. Honest.. hes bound not to fatal if he never logs on :lol:

Ramzi
25-07-04, 21:46
Maybe you guys should try stuff before you knock it instead of following the crowd like mindless sheep.

Neocron ran better on windows ME than it does for me on winxp.

Who wants to tell me that's bullshit too?

Dru Blood
25-07-04, 22:02
[ edited ]

cheers for link dude downloading them now,

Brammers
25-07-04, 22:02
Hmm....I had an older version of the Nvidia drivers, and DirectX 9a/b. Neocron was fairly solid with it's usual FRE now and again.

Now with the latest drivers, I get some big lockups, which often results in me resorting to the reset button.

Ramzi
25-07-04, 22:06
[ edited ]

cheers for link dude downloading them now,[ edited ]

Dru Blood
25-07-04, 22:15
[ edited ]

cheers mate you didnt need to go to the trouble,

i think its more appropriate for you though, [ edited ]

Doc Holliday
25-07-04, 22:18
well i got the new drivers and a fresh reinstall of nc. im gettin problems with random reboots too. no lock ups just boom crash out reboot straight away not even a fatal. all my other games run fine without a hitch except this one. i have only played a little in the last week or so testing it while catchin up with people and it must have rebooted 10 times or so. Anyone have any ideas suggestions or what ever. i have had this prob before which turned out to be a hardware prob but this seems to be localised with nc.

Ramzi
25-07-04, 22:18
[ edited ]

Ryuben
25-07-04, 23:17
meant to be a big problem with them *shrugs*

Crono
26-07-04, 01:10
NC ran better on ME? If your comp was old enough to of had ME, maby the higher system resources of XP is what killed it. Newer drivers usually only hurt shitty old parts :P My friend has a comp much like what some of u say happens, newer drivers destroy his preformance in games. its usually due to a crappy system/mobo :D

-Crono

[EDIT]

Anti changew nuts always callin people sheep, its kinda funny. its like they like technology, just dont like new echnology or anything with any risk. Half the fun i get from technology is testing out new things, new preformance potential, and sometimes it can be worse, but who cares? you can go back.

Man like i said some people will still be using old Win2k with some good old base drivers, because its "the safe bet" as they sit in their corner and make fun an heckel all newer things like they dont want any progression. Whats the fun in that? I diddnt get into this feild to sit with the safe bet.

Ramzi
26-07-04, 01:43
Because as far as technology is considered Neocron is probably at about the year 1995 or 1996.

Using a driver from 2004 doesn't make much sense.

Callash
26-07-04, 01:48
I got a 5600. And 5600 != fancy. You're thinking 5900+ :p

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 01:50
I got a 5600. And 5600 != fancy. You're thinking 5900+ :p

In tests, 10 out of 10 owners who expressed a preference said "the 5200 is crap". In benchmarks its equal to the 440MX but with DX9 technology.

Richard Slade
26-07-04, 02:05
In tests, 10 out of 10 owners who expressed a preference said "the 5200 is crap". In benchmarks its equal to the 440MX but with DX9 technology.

Don't you think it's kinda misleading to just ask 10 persons for a test?

Lexxuk
26-07-04, 02:10
Don't you think it's kinda misleading to just ask 10 persons for a test?

It was 10 very informed midgets :cool:

Crono
26-07-04, 04:22
Because as far as technology is considered Neocron is probably at about the year 1995 or 1996.

Using a driver from 2004 doesn't make much sense.

yea i guess man, then again shouldnt it look better on hardware from that era too? Or does the newer progression of technology makign older things run worse only apply to the software :P

But all that aside, the newer drivers seriously improged the clarity on my 5600 Ultra. Something about it, but plaza just looks allot sharper and more cleer, as if lighting is handeled better, FP stayed around the same 35-50 (expected for 1280 by 1024 res)

-Crono