PDA

View Full Version : Remove Gaurds from Pepper Park

Tupac
24-07-04, 23:21
i know it has been done b4 :-/ but MOVE ME GOD DAMN IT KK

Mumblyfish
24-07-04, 23:44
No, it's not a warzone. This is like arguing that CityAdmin HQ should have guards taken out because you can't fight there without being shot at by them.

Jest
25-07-04, 00:15
No, they just need to fix the friggin guard exploit though, its annoying, even when its done on accident.

Birkoff
25-07-04, 00:25
Aye, fix them or remove them.

I'm DRE and allied to them but to many ppl leave when ther is a good fight going on b/c some retard punches them.

Barar
25-07-04, 00:28
Leave it as it is

Once plaza is no longer a safe zone it will remove the constant fights around the plaza/pepper border

Lexxuk
25-07-04, 00:30
remove pepper park!!!

Barar
25-07-04, 00:31
Where would you go for naked ladies lexx ?? :D

Duder
25-07-04, 00:48
Go to PP3, theres no guards there except near the GR....

Marx
25-07-04, 01:01
Go to PP3, theres no guards there except near the GR....
Definately. If people stop being zone whores, those guards wouldn't be a problem.

Cyphor
25-07-04, 03:13
Remove the two from the p3/pp1 ent and leave those further in. That way TS still have guards defending their hq etc for rp purposes but the border line where most fighting is done in the inner city area can be free from cheap tactics (hugging guards, punching them etc) Imo if you can't fight for yourself do go there, if people want to hunt mobs they can go to the wastes or hunting zones :rolleyes:

Mumblyfish
25-07-04, 03:17
Remove the two from the p3/pp1 ent and leave those further in. That way TS still have guards defending their hq etc for rp purposes but the border line where most fighting is done in the inner city area can be free from cheap tactics (hugging guards, punching them etc) Imo if you can't fight for yourself do go there, if people want to hunt mobs they can go to the wastes or hunting zones :rolleyes:
You seem to forget that doing so leaves it to the worst cheap tactic of all... zone hopping. I say leave the guards and force people to fight in the Outzone or the Wastelands. PvP is so much better there, with the terrain for hiding and lack of places to zone whore.

Lareolan
25-07-04, 03:31
Yeah, enough with the BS. If you're such an "uber" PvP'er, go fduke it out somewhere not close to a zoneline. I think the whole PP PvP thing is super lame. You want to prove how tough you are? Go fight it out in H6 or outzone or something. Pepper Park is the turf of BD and TS (and Crahn to a much smaller degree) and they have their guards just like TG have theirs around the Canyon or CM have theirs around the Military Base or those silly tech geeks - the FA, and their turrets all around TH.

You want to fight somewhere, either fight under the conditions available or, go fight where fights SHOULD take place god damnit!

Gohei
25-07-04, 03:37
Think ppl bother too mutch about where other do their PvP. I would gladly fight in PP3, if there was anyone there to fight.

Yes remove the guards. Can't see how they stop ppl from being zone hoppers, so they dont have any other purpose then being lame NPC with bad temper...

seraphian
25-07-04, 06:07
IT also makes sense that they would guard the entrance to the 'inner city' secure area pretty heavily... it's the metaphorical and physical barrier between Reeza's playground in Plaza and the 'criminal element' of Pepper Park

I can't imagine that BD and TS would not want a token guard presence at least to discourage CAs from chasing criminals into Pepper Park and I hope after safe zones are removed and CA and the 'Pepper Park Factions' are more hostile that there are guards on both sides, a kind of iron curtain of sorts.

Houston
25-07-04, 07:08
Make it so if u punch gaurds it does no dmg and make it so cs is accurate o_O :lol:

40$Poser
25-07-04, 07:11
remove them, they have no purpose. Or bring back the copbots... take your pick

Mr Friendly
25-07-04, 07:13
yes

last time i checked, Tsunami doesnt own pepper park districts, neocron does, therefore copbots should be put back in. <-period

Darkener
25-07-04, 07:54
copbots were worse than the tsunami guards but everyone paid the penalty for taking a weapon out also ment that zone warriors werent as bad . BTW anyone who is enemy to tsunami go into the lil restaurant near the pp1 /plaza3 zone border and walk up to the guard ,stand beside him see what he does, he makes me think that the copbots are better .

manderf
25-07-04, 09:51
copbots were worse than the tsunami guards but everyone paid the penalty for taking a weapon out also ment that zone warriors werent as bad . BTW anyone who is enemy to tsunami go into the lil restaurant near the pp1 /plaza3 zone border and walk up to the guard ,stand beside him see what he does, he makes me think that the copbots are better .

ehh resturant in pepper park one???

bah i think they should be as hostile as ca gaurds, i go for a little stroll in p1 and i get blasted to high hell, but everyone gets to hang around in pp all they want. And how can it not me tsu territory??? did you fail to notice the huge strip club

eldiabloz
25-07-04, 10:23
Pls kk remove PP1 guards.

I know pvp in other areas is better but if you want a fast fight PP is the best ;)

WebShock
25-07-04, 11:00
check this out,
who the hell pvps in the OZ?
90% of the nc sectors are empty. pepper park 1 has been a ganking zone since what... beta?

i cant say going to the oz or some wasteland sector is a fair alternative. Everyone goes to pepper because they know there is action there. Its sort of like a neofrag except you have the chance of getting a belt. People wont move anywhere else because they are used to duking it out there.

Remove the guards. Accomodate the player. Why not make it fun for everyone?

Either that or take away the damn super overpowered flamethrowers and give those guards the tsunami rifle.

Why not just decrease the uberness of the guards. its amazing that they do more damage than a copbot.

YoDa-UK
25-07-04, 11:33
Pepper Park fighting is shiot end of story, coz of zoning, we was in there last night defending our turf "Tsunami" and all people do is zone in and out, even capped tanks with 3/4 health zone out :lol:

Anyway I reckon the guards "TS ones" at the zone line to Plaza 3/Pepper Park 1 should be removed, this would in a small hope stop zoneline fighting which is shit IMHO.

But anyway Adult Inc kept Pepper Park under control last night on Saturn for over 3 hours, if people wanna walk through, they need to pay protection, if you know what i mean.

WebShock
25-07-04, 11:43
good for you guys. it is after a place to raid like mb and tg. keep it up.

i just wish certain ppl who dont have any pvp skill and get their rocks off by punching a guard would just go to the neofrag to get some skills.

I look forward to killing you tsu's

:D

Xylaz
25-07-04, 12:00
There is only one solution for this...

REMOVE SAFEZONES

all of them
no safezones = no zone hopping

Problem solved.

Mumblyfish
25-07-04, 12:37
check this out,
who the hell pvps in the OZ?
90% of the nc sectors are empty. pepper park 1 has been a ganking zone since what... beta?
Then... get this... just get the community to pick a different PvP zone. Like the Outzone Mutant Pool. Hell, most of the community now goes to Plaza 2 instead of Plaza 1 because of the CityAdmin guards, so why would this be any harder to do?

Mr Friendly
25-07-04, 12:52
ehh resturant in pepper park one???

bah i think they should be as hostile as ca gaurds, i go for a little stroll in p1 and i get blasted to high hell, but everyone gets to hang around in pp all they want. And how can it not me tsu territory??? did you fail to notice the huge strip club

tsunami owns their strip clubs & advertising in pepper park, they dont own the security, only security they own is near their HQs - tsunami gaurds dont need to be gaurding the entrance to pepper park since there's plenty of em in that section neway & also they dont need to be gaurding Neofrag, they dont own that either
besides, tsunami runners can help defend the area if they want, no need for so many damn gaurds

Mumblyfish
25-07-04, 12:56
they dont need to be gaurding Neofrag, they dont own that either
Yes, yes they do.

Mr Friendly
25-07-04, 12:57
Yes, yes they do.

so explain why, instead of just claiming they do

Mumblyfish
25-07-04, 13:02
I'm sure someone who is actually a Tsunami runner would know more about it than me, but they do certainly own Neofrag. Tsunami run the entire entertainment industry in Neocron, with the exception of Black Dragon's... alternatives. They own the strip joints, the pubs and clubs, and the Neofrag. I would have thought NPC placement would hint at this, considering all the workers in Neofrag are of the Tsunami faction.

Mr Friendly
25-07-04, 13:06
actually if u read the storyline back in the beginning, ull see that NEXT owns neofrag, back in beta3 it was in the city, in beta4, cant remember what faction guys were inside, & now its in pepper park with tsunami gaurds @_@

Mumblyfish
25-07-04, 13:14
actually if u read the storyline back in the beginning, ull see that NEXT owns neofrag, back in beta3 it was in the city, in beta4, cant remember what faction guys were inside, & now its in pepper park with tsunami gaurds @_@
Wow, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out. That said, I think it's fair to say that nowadays Neofrag is owned by Tsunami.

Mr Friendly
25-07-04, 13:17
so why need 2 more gaurds at the zoneline?? its just cwazyness @_@ :angel:

YoDa-UK
25-07-04, 14:08
“Our business is your pleasure.” The Tsunami Syndicate deals in crime and they do not even try to hide it. Prostitution, gambling and extortion are their main sources of income. They are situated in Pepper Park, where they control the red-light district. They also control various shops and establishments on all levels of Pepper Park.

You walk in Pepper Park, you walk under Tsunami protection, you pay to play in here boys and girls.

Some companies seem to have better relations than others toward the syndicate, all though they would probably never admit it. BioTech Industries for example seem to have some sort of arrangement with them. The Anarchy Breed, too, have close ties to the syndicate. After all most of their members are regular customers in the Syndicate's clubs and establishments.

But of course it is only natural that an organization like the syndicate has enemies as well. CityAdmin naturally does not like the syndicate, neither does ProtoPharma nor the Brotherhood of Crahn. The syndicates greatest enemy is without a doubt the Black Dragon Clan. At the moment the two organizations battle more or less open about the monopoly for sex and gambling, which is of course held by Tsunami.

Naturally we don't like Black Dragon, silly little people think they can muscle in on our business, but like previous clans they won't beat us, the Syndicate is to powerful and Veronique won't allow it of course.

Gohei
25-07-04, 14:28
PP is supposed to be the red light district and have little protection, but still it's the most protected places in NC. As a TG can walse into NC without any problems, but TS guards slay runners daily in PP, no matter what faction the runner is.

Budzilla
25-07-04, 15:34
Them guards are laugh, someone was owning me and they hit the guard and died, made me piss my pants laughing :lol: but i have to admit they are annoying ;)

Marx
25-07-04, 16:48
There is only one solution for this...

REMOVE SAFEZONES

all of them
no safezones = no zone hopping

Problem solved.Yes it would work, but sadly its not happening with the DoY model... Most would just start fighting at HQ and club entrances.

:lol:

Duder
25-07-04, 17:13
Heres a solution, add more guards near the PP 1 / P3 border so you force people to move to PP3 or Industrial/Outzone sectors for a quick wank or fight.

r0ti0n
25-07-04, 17:15
the Industrial / PP3 Zoneline area is a good place to fight, a bit of space (more than the P3 / PP1 zonelike) and guess what?!?! NO GUARDS EXCEPT BY THE GEN REP :lol:

Duder
25-07-04, 17:18
The whole PP3 is a place to PvP, there are no guards and you can fight inside a crytons store, how is this not fun?

funkeymonkey
25-07-04, 17:18

Too right, the guards elsewhere like near the club and in the resturant arnt a problem really, yeah there annoying but i can live with it. Its the guards at the enterance to pepper park 1 that should be removed.

r0ti0n
25-07-04, 17:20
imagine the soullight hit if you accidently HLed a clerk too many times :rolleyes:

Duder
25-07-04, 17:21
imagine the soullight hit if you accidently HLed a clerk too many times :rolleyes: Damm you got a point there, but the good news is you can easily hang out with the cool kids in Oz 8 !!!

Plus, you could just wait for the moron to come out of the store? You know, you dont need to go inside and hit the vendors and then direct your victim "LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO??? NOW I GOT A SHITTY SOULLIGHT BECAUSE YOU I JUST HAD TO FOLLOW YOU INTO CRYTONS, YOU FUCK etc etc"

Crono
25-07-04, 17:23
Too right, the guards elsewhere like near the club and in the resturant arnt a problem really, yeah there annoying but i can live with it. Its the guards at the enterance to pepper park 1 that should be removed.

Fuck it, leave it there :D

Anything that makes fighting there less fun im in for. Its the stupidest thing, why does anyone even care how fighting is there? since soon as your about to die u run back across the zone line anyways.

I thought they were purposly there to try to make fighting there at that boundry less common.

-Crono

funkeymonkey
25-07-04, 17:31
Fuck it, leave it there :D

Anything that makes fighting there less fun im in for. Its the stupidest thing, why does anyone even care how fighting is there? since soon as your about to die u run back across the zone line anyways.

I thought they were purposly there to try to make fighting there at that boundry less common.

-Crono

Nope, the purpose of them is to make it easy for ts and factions allied to ts to fight there. Also they only seem to shoot faction enemys when they get hit, so if nobody hits them then people can fight there and zone hop as much as they want. The problem comes when ts and allied to ts hit the guards to make them shoot u. The cop bots did a better job of stoping people from fighting there.

ezza
25-07-04, 17:33
Pepper Park fighting is shiot end of story, coz of zoning, we was in there last night defending our turf "Tsunami" and all people do is zone in and out, even capped tanks with 3/4 health zone out :lol:

Anyway I reckon the guards "TS ones" at the zone line to Plaza 3/Pepper Park 1 should be removed, this would in a small hope stop zoneline fighting which is shit IMHO.

But anyway Adult Inc kept Pepper Park under control last night on Saturn for over 3 hours, if people wanna walk through, they need to pay protection, if you know what i mean.
what you expect when you have ppus, numbers, and a idiot who on no less than 3 occasions i saw punch the guards

Shadow Dancer
25-07-04, 18:51
The guards need to be weakened, if they stay. They should be as powerful or slightly more powerful than a capped runner.

Cyphor
25-07-04, 19:02
The guards need to be weakened, if they stay. They should be as powerful or slightly more powerful than a capped runner.

Agreed, the main prob atm is when they aggro you unless your a ppu or have a ppu up your ass you drop dead before you can react, but then i'd prob think it would be better to just remove them as it will cause more zoning the moment people get agro'd.

YoDa-UK
25-07-04, 19:25
what you expect when you have ppus, numbers, and a idiot who on no less than 3 occasions i saw punch the guards

Hey who said there are rules to fighting? in this game? give me a break, besides what you expect Tsunami todo, defend its turf with one runner? hell no, we would pull the entire clan in if we feel its needed or people want to.

I came to a conclusion the other day and was talking to bloodrain about it, there no rules in this game anymore, its a sad fact that if you don't do something another runner will to get the upper hand over you in a fight, now im not saying punching guards is good, it isn't but the truth is if this was BD ground, or Crahn, or any other faction where its possible to punch a guard, im damn hell sure it would be done, we just point the finger at TS runners or someone else who is neutral/allied to TS as its possible for them todo it.

Fact is we all know PP is a place to fight, we also know its lame for zoning whoring, we also know punching guards is lame, dont like it, don't fight near the zone line, move in further to where the sewer entrance is, no guards there.

We gave people a chance last night, we pulled away from teh guards and zoneline, trying to get people to come further in to get a good fight, what they do? hang back at the guards and snipe and then zone out when we ran to them :lol:

IMHO i dont think removing the guards will do anything to PP1, KK won't be working on any type of fix to the guards atm as DOY is to close and everyone is needed on that tbh, so right now we have to live with it, we have to live with a lot of things in this game which is shit, but we gotta just put up with it and play on.

Cyphor
25-07-04, 19:43
@ anima, i don't think ezzas point was about your numbers/tactics in general but more once you use them you give the impression you beat everyone with skill, ppus and numbers isn't skill, when you enemy doesn't have them that is.

I do think its good your trying to rp as tusumni though.

YoDa-UK
25-07-04, 19:51
Yeah we are trying to RP it a bit, we also trying to get back into the op scene too, but i reckon saturn needs some RP, and TS seems to be able to give that, right now we can defend our "turf" as it were, and play our role in that way, that role allows us to "flex" our muscles ;)

I RP'ed with a LE BD last night, he was rank 4/5 and while others was fighting i was letting him know it was TS ground and when he gets older "in terms of the game and his char" he will not be allowed to walk freely without paying protection money, coz we know there is a lot of nasty people out there who might hurt them ;)

We could discuss tactics all night long, and i don't think ive ever seen anyone these days walk about anywhere, not just PP without a PPU, the game has really changed that much tbh, take one CM tank in there last night, he would leave PP as soon as his PPU left, and sometimes before when he was at 3/4 health, he never once stepped in as far as the sewer entrace area, just hugged the zoneline, his ppu was alittle more brave and come in a bit :lol:

ufora
25-07-04, 19:58
remove safe zones but put copbots around who blast people who pull guns out without hesitating

manderf
25-07-04, 21:55
tsunami owns their strip clubs & advertising in pepper park, they dont own the security, only security they own is near their HQs - tsunami gaurds dont need to be gaurding the entrance to pepper park since there's plenty of em in that section neway & also they dont need to be gaurding Neofrag, they dont own that either
besides, tsunami runners can help defend the area if they want, no need for so many damn gaurds

erm well they do now!!! hostile takeover :P

40$Poser
25-07-04, 22:04
Hey who said there are rules to fighting? in this game? give me a break, besides what you expect Tsunami todo, defend its turf with one runner? hell no, we would pull the entire clan in if we feel its needed or people want to.

I came to a conclusion the other day and was talking to bloodrain about it, there no rules in this game anymore, its a sad fact that if you don't do something another runner will to get the upper hand over you in a fight, now im not saying punching guards is good, it isn't but the truth is if this was BD ground, or Crahn, or any other faction where its possible to punch a guard, im damn hell sure it would be done, we just point the finger at TS runners or someone else who is neutral/allied to TS as its possible for them todo it.

Fact is we all know PP is a place to fight, we also know its lame for zoning whoring, we also know punching guards is lame, dont like it, don't fight near the zone line, move in further to where the sewer entrance is, no guards there.

We gave people a chance last night, we pulled away from teh guards and zoneline, trying to get people to come further in to get a good fight, what they do? hang back at the guards and snipe and then zone out when we ran to them :lol:

IMHO i dont think removing the guards will do anything to PP1, KK won't be working on any type of fix to the guards atm as DOY is to close and everyone is needed on that tbh, so right now we have to live with it, we have to live with a lot of things in this game which is shit, but we gotta just put up with it and play on.

it seems it's every clan for itself, pvp in pepper has rarely been anyone looking for a fair fight. Usually when I go in, it's me vs. a group of reds with at least 1 ppu. Even sometimes they still decide to 'wake the guard up' at times. Honestly if the copbots were back, it'd decrease fighting near the zoneline as you draw a weapon you're gonna get toasted. Lessen zoning and so forth.

I won't name names here, but a few people who have complained about 'issues with neocron' on these forums, seem to be having a double standard. When something isn't right they cry 'fix it' while they abuse such things as the guards in pepper.

I'm glad to see there's at least one other person, who actually doesn't want to rely on the hopes of tagging the NPC Guard to defeat his opponent. It's very rare that I ever encounter anyone inside pepper park 1 on saturn that is like that. Most of the time people will circle the guards, abuse them... guess not everyone is looking for a cheap and easy kill.

ezza
25-07-04, 22:20

IMHO i dont think removing the guards will do anything to PP1, KK won't be working on any type of fix to the guards atm as DOY is to close and everyone is needed on that tbh, so right now we have to live with it, we have to live with a lot of things in this game which is shit, but we gotta just put up with it and play on.mypoint was you make out zonewhoreing is bad, well so its having ppu and shit loads, *shrugs* so like you say there are no rules, just dont make out the zonewhores are pussies, they do what they do to stay alive in the circomstances,and they aint gonna fix PP aynway, cos zone DoY the other side that that zone is going to be openfor fighting as well

rofl you gave them a chance, haha, sure the futher they go in the less likely they are to get out

YoDa-UK
26-07-04, 01:05
mypoint was you make out zonewhoreing is bad, well so its having ppu and shit loads, *shrugs* so like you say there are no rules, just dont make out the zonewhores are pussies, they do what they do to stay alive in the circomstances,and they aint gonna fix PP aynway, cos zone DoY the other side that that zone is going to be openfor fighting as well

rofl you gave them a chance, haha, sure the futher they go in the less likely they are to get out

Zone whoreing or whatever we call it, is annoying as hell, mainly coz someone zones and the fight is over, whatever their last bit of HP is at, people come into PP to fight, so should expect to die, some people just pop in for a shot and run, thats the pussies.

Ask DG, i never run from PP, i had my monk when he was APU on my own in there against BD, i died 5 times, i still had fun dueling it out with DG :p

I simply refuse to zone, its like a op fight, i can be the last man standing on my side, but i refuse to GR out, i don't give up to easy, only time i stop is when im flat on my back ;)

Anyway lol we did give em a chance, a chance at least to make the fighting a little better, if they lived of not depends on their skills of fighting, not their running away skills :rolleyes: still it was fun.

LiL T
26-07-04, 01:18
Cut the zone whoring crap nobody wants to die every 5 mins when getting pokes can be a pain in the arse.

Just stop punching the NPC's its fucking lame and uncalled for and only ruins fun cos then nobody wants to fight :mad:

tiikeri
26-07-04, 01:32
@Ezza: What's the problem protecting your own turf with any possible ways there is? (and i don't consider hitting guards as "viable tactic" i have never done it, atleast on purpose, and mostly when i hit em - i die :) )

There is so little RPing at Saturn atm. so don't judge us trying a bit of RP side of the game along PvPing.

Darkener
26-07-04, 06:28
punching the guards has nothing to do with rp , it isnt a tactic getting a guard to do your work is lame

Freaky Fryd
26-07-04, 06:45
No, don't remove them...
Don't like the ones near the zone line? Then stay away from the zone line or fight elsewhere...

tiikeri
26-07-04, 06:56
punching the guards has nothing to do with rp , it isnt a tactic getting a guard to do your work is lame
¨
Did you read the whole thread?

I don't like the guys who punch guards, I try to take a screenie if i catch someone doing it. The point of RP was.. PP1 is territory of TS, and defending it is the bit of RP we try to bring to the game.

And why to remove the guards? I can't see reason why Tsunamis guards should get removed but other factions not. If you want to fight there, go inside to fight, not at the zoneline. Tho the punch exploiting should get fixed.

YoDa-UK
26-07-04, 12:05
No, don't remove them...
Don't like the ones near the zone line? Then stay away from the zone line or fight elsewhere...

Give this man a chocolate cookie people, we have a winner! :lol:

40$Poser
26-07-04, 16:10
question to KK: As you guys fixed the tradeskill 'problem' very quickly. Why has it been so long and not a fix for the guards in pepper park? Is it not exploitable? Or is it that it's just not a concern of KK to fix something exploitable such as that?

(ps. I wouldn't be surprised if this question never gets answered, but I figured I'd ask why)

ezza
26-07-04, 17:00
@Ezza: What's the problem protecting your own turf with any possible ways there is? (and i don't consider hitting guards as "viable tactic" i have never done it, atleast on purpose, and mostly when i hit em - i die :) )

There is so little RPing at Saturn atm. so don't judge us trying a bit of RP side of the game along PvPing.
i stood inmy turf over day for over a hour, for that time i also had red SL so risk was mine, did i see a single runner...nope

i have stood in PP2 PP3 on many occasions so dont pull the protect my own turf cos ido

what you expect me to stay in my turf, when people do come, more often than not they make a run to the subway as its safety

Crimson Duelist
18-08-04, 07:27
i personally have never even seen it posted anywhere that punching guards is an exploit, not by a GM at least. runners always say, EXPLOIT, BANNED, HAHAHA, but where is the exploit notice, saying it is actually an exploit?

Dargeshaad
18-08-04, 09:08
i personally have never even seen it posted anywhere that punching guards is an exploit, not by a GM at least. runners always say, EXPLOIT, BANNED, HAHAHA, but where is the exploit notice, saying it is actually an exploit?

Not sure if it's an exploit, but I was told by Carbonite when I wanted to report someone with the ingame system that I should contact abuse@neocron.com with a screenshot of him doing it and he would get a warning on his account.

Original monk
18-08-04, 09:11
this guard thingie lets me think about the copbotthingie where ya would enter PP draw a weapon and get shot by a copbot ...

ffcourse this is no alternative, the guards we have now that is, even worse they get exploited like hell ... not fun getting killed by a 0/2 LE noob :/

TROW THEM SHITGUARDS AWAY

CONTROL + X

ezza
18-08-04, 12:05
it was classsified as exploit by thanatos iirc

if you look on past patch notes as well, the supposed fixes state, Fixed guard punching EXPLOIT

Tupac
18-08-04, 12:11
it will prolly be a feature DOY * now comes with no gaurd exploiting *

ezza
18-08-04, 12:13
right now it be worth it just for that, every time i go to PP its pretty much 99% of my deaths there are guard related :lol:

Dargeshaad
18-08-04, 12:41

Time will tell:
[MOBS] Updated the guard scripts. Test guards on the punch "the guard exploit"
-

retr0n
18-08-04, 12:44

:p

Anyway, I thought GMs could remove stuff like guards in a click or two?
Or am I wrong...

GIJ0e
18-08-04, 16:32
if you remove every guard from every other faction HQ then i say yes go for it.

if not, dont be stupid, its TS area, therefore is guarded by TS if you are enemy faction expect to get shot. they lowered the hostility of the guards a great deal due to pp1 whiners already. find somewhere else to fight, or deal with it.

if i took my tt spy into TG canyon i'd expect to get shot, why should enemies of TS be different? :confused:

Original monk
18-08-04, 16:51
if i took my tt spy into TG canyon i'd expect to get shot, why should enemies of TS be different? :confused:

PP is kinda basic battlearea ... its easy to go there and 9 outta 10 theres someone you can fight ...

i dont care about full PP, but removing those 2/3 guards at the entrance would be great allready ... yust like i didnt like the copbots previously standing there ...

why ? because it aint fun that if ya go there that 9 outta 10 ya die cause of some noob being it a 3 star ppu or a 0/2 LE'ed runner killing ya by punching a stupid guard ...

guardpunching is the biggest form of being a lamer, ya cant go much lower ya see ...

so yeah, remove them guards ... its not like they help against zonecampers, instead KK tried to fix them guards numerous time but witouth much luck ...

with other words: they provide more problems compared to that they bring solutions ... so a simple conclusion could be: remove them once and for all :)

edit: also check the score off the poll ...

GIJ0e
18-08-04, 17:06
fair enough if you want to remove just the guards at the plaza / pepper zone line, i cant see a problem with that. as long as the ones further back stay, or maybe just remove the ones on that lower area as you come into pepper 1, then you can fight all you want and not worry about guards.

seems reasonable.