PDA

View Full Version : since someone closed my last thread.

slaughteruall
24-07-04, 22:45
What does everyone think about planetside? I'm going to give it a shot since i'm sick and tired of NC's buggs.

Read more here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=104539)

Nid read your PM's. And this is not a leaving thread just like the last one wasn't. Did i mention anywhere that i was cancelling my accounts? Nope. Maybe because i'm not.

Slaughter

22 minutes left for planetside. Downloading it from fileplanet getting aroun 1.4 megs per second

Chaos81
24-07-04, 22:49
It's fun, but it won't last long...

Redburn
24-07-04, 22:50
"Search" is your friend, it's been posted here many a time about Planetside. People play it and it's fun for the first 30 minutes or so then they get bored.

slaughteruall
24-07-04, 22:51
It's fun, but it won't last long...

Dont need to. It just needs to last untill DOY or a patch that fixes everything in NC. I'm just sick and tired of the fucking bugs. [ edited ]

Slaughter

edit
"Search" is your friend, it's been posted here many a time about Planetside. People play it and it's fun for the first 30 minutes or so then they get bored.

I dont care whats people thoughts about it was a few months ago. I would like there thoughts on it now.

Chaos81
24-07-04, 23:02
Dont need to. It just needs to last untill DOY or a patch that fixes everything in NC. I'm just sick and tired of the fucking bugs. [ edited ]

Slaughter

edit

I dont care whats people thoughts about it was a few months ago. I would like there thoughts on it now.

Yea I feel your pain. It will be interesting to see what KK can do with NC2.

Mr_Snow
24-07-04, 23:03
Planetside has great pvp but it falls down majorly because the chat is shit and unwieldy to use so you tend to feel isolated from you faction and outfit, if you really want to enjoy planetside try find a clan,called outfit in PS, that uses teamspeak or ventrillo to communicate and you will have a great time playing it.

DonnyJepp
24-07-04, 23:08
LFS!!!!!111ONOEOENNENE

(LFS = Looking For Squad in P$ lingo)

slaughteruall
24-07-04, 23:08
Yeah i will find a group of people to play with. Thats not a big deal really.

5 minutes left

Slaughter

edit
LFS!!!!!111ONOEOENNENE

(LFS = Looking For Squad in P$ lingo)

Cool thanks man

Mumblyfish
24-07-04, 23:47
1) Join the Vanu Sovereignty. If you go New Congolmerate you'll never get any kills because everyone on your team uses the damn Jackhammer (NC unique shotgun). And I mean everyone. Terran Republic just plain suck, and purple > red.
2) Cert (get skills/certifications for) vehicles. Get certs for whatever your team's main tank is. Magrider (Vanu) is a sexy hovertank. Neocron so needs a hovertank.
3) Expect to crash quite a lot. The game's just as buggy as NC.

Morpheous
24-07-04, 23:49
Play TR, hard but fun.

Whoever you play you die instantly as a newb, no way not to :p

Oh, and it's fun for the 30 day "trial" (Which you have to pay for).

comlink
24-07-04, 23:52
It's bug, not bugg:)

Planetside is just like any other Massive sorta-fps game these days. Buggy. Hard to make a game that doesn't use an entire T-3 for 50 people in the game and still doesn't have netcode problems.

Biznatchy
24-07-04, 23:55
One way to get a few cert point fast was fly a reaper. If you can aim well and fly with a mouse its pretty fun. Planetside has all the vehical combat NC should have had.

Just a tip load up you inv with rockets and the trunk of the reaper so you can reload in the field and get some repair certs also. Makes taking down the bombers pretty easy if they are missing a tail guner.

Just make sure you stay in the area that your faction is taking bases and you will gain points pretty fast.

hivemind
25-07-04, 00:01
I had a great time playing it in open beta with uTs, and then I played for a month when it went retail. Like it's been said, make sure you're on the biggest server, and make sure you find yourself a good, active outfit, and use voice comms. If you do that stuff it's a blast.

I played Terran Republic and Vanu, and I found Terran to be the best. The cycler gun hurts at any level, their MAX suits are the most versatile, and their vehicles are the most useful.

Overall, it's a good game. If it had stats and stuff to go with the great PvP, I'd still be playing it. Sadly, after a while, you start asking yourself, "Why am I paying for this game when there's Battlefield Vietnam servers with 60 people on a side?" Because it's an FPS, that's all it is, and in the end, it doesn't matter if you're shooting people with an M-16 or a Cycler.

Birkoff
25-07-04, 00:20
Played it 10 minutes hated it....

Come play SWG till NC gets fixed :)
(where most of AYB from Pluto are)

slaughteruall
25-07-04, 00:37
Played it 10 minutes hated it....

Come play SWG till NC gets fixed :)
(where most of AYB from Pluto are)

I was in SW:G beta and i did the 14 day trial. Not my cup of tea.

Richard Slade
25-07-04, 01:14
question... is it allowed to discuss exploits in other games?

OpTi
25-07-04, 01:27
i had fun in my PS trial i must admit, tho i think i was lucky cuz i was in a team with this guy who knew exactly what he was doing. After we played for a few hours he saw i was picking the game up pretty quick even tho i didn't know wtf i was doing i followed everyone else and did pretty well.

From that day all i did was log on a PM him and he'd invite me then tell me where to go and there'd be a galaxy waiting full of peeps. We'd head off to an outpost flying high as we could and drop in right ontop of the enemy and kill em before they knew what hit em :D

that tbh was the best bit 10 guys dropping from nowhere and spraying lasher bolts in every direction and down corridors, but you need people that know what they are doing to start off doing that properly right away, and i think of myself as pretty lucky.

slaughteruall
25-07-04, 05:45
Yeah i seemed to pick it up pretty quick. Need to get some more certs tomarrow.

Talking about bugs i only lost conection with them a few times. Never during a fight was longest one was just long enough for me to read the screen that popped up then i was back running aroung.

Maybe i just got lucky who knows. So far i like it really. When i can use better shit i will be able to tell better. But i;m really enjoying sniping people right now.

Well good night.

Slaughter

Liquid_Ice
25-07-04, 06:21
keep us /me up to date on what you think about it.. I may be inclind to try it myself , thou I am having lots o fun with SWG Atm..

Whitestuff
25-07-04, 06:36

What do I think of it? Its not great and it is dead for all practical purposes. MMO for 9.99? It came out not so long ago, in fact, newer than neocron (which is 4.99 at my local software store btw).

I gave it a chance, it sucked, and from what i have seen, it hasn't changed at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Darkener
25-07-04, 07:41
Yes planetside over neocron hmmm if i wanted to play TFC i would and if i wanted to play just a fps id play something better than PS. You level real quick then all ya do is fight and tbh you have been playing neocron till now BDOY isn't far off , you got good friends in game and its fun to play why bother changing . If you have to just go buy UT2K4 one of the better fps games with real good mod's because you aint finding any rpg in PS .

Celt
25-07-04, 08:34
Planetside has its faults, biggest is probably there is a lack of depth to it(it really is just like a sci-fi BF1942 etc), as well as bad chat system and bad squads system.

But it's very beautiful, not buggy at all(at least for me and my bro), excellent PVP, great vehicles, and good balance.

The outposts are amazing.

Terran Republic have the best MAX suits, and good basic rifle, New Conglomerate have the best heavy tank(vanguard), Vanu Sovereignety(sp?) have the best infantry, and good vehicles.

I was NC, enjoyed being a sniper and anti aircraft MAX.

Awesome pvp game, just lacks depth.(was hoping core combat would fix that, but CC was fucking pathetic, an absolute sham of an expansion)

slaughteruall
25-07-04, 13:52
Yes planetside over neocron hmmm if i wanted to play TFC i would and if i wanted to play just a fps id play something better than PS. You level real quick then all ya do is fight and tbh you have been playing neocron till now BDOY isn't far off , you got good friends in game and its fun to play why bother changing . If you have to just go buy UT2K4 one of the better fps games with real good mod's because you aint finding any rpg in PS .

Well dark i do agree with you to a point. But when i log in and a FRE, log back in use a city com to see who is online and i FRE, Try to exit my apt and a FRE. This was all in about 3.5 to 4 minutes. Thats just to much. I might still play for the OP fights not sure ydt. And you will see me from time to time.

Slaughter