PDA

View Full Version : What do you drop when u die?

ichinin
24-07-04, 11:20
Just curious:

What do you drop (so i know what to buy alot of)

-Demon-
24-07-04, 11:35
Just curious:

What do you drop (so i know what to buy alot of)

Umm it takes the 10 highest TL items and randomly picks one..so really it depends what you are carrying at the time doesn't it...cba to guess what you carry compared to me.

Dirk_Gently
24-07-04, 11:57
Always my armor.

Why it doesn't do what it says in the instruction book and only drop something from your quickbelt is beyond me.

ufora
24-07-04, 11:59
i dropped a 4 slot cs once :(

Richard Slade
24-07-04, 12:20
i dropped a 4 slot cs once :(

Most have had that and worse :(

LTA
24-07-04, 12:21
it always seems to be my fudgin boots everytime

I buy a new pair i drop em, get em back they drop again.... annoying but beats loosing my 100k odd pa :p

Ramzi
24-07-04, 12:59
Always my armor.

Why it doesn't do what it says in the instruction book and only drop something from your quickbelt is beyond me.

Because it's insanely out of date.

That's how it happened in beta, fyi.

-Demon-
24-07-04, 13:04
Ah yes...

Remembers the meat filled quickbelts of early retail. :)

greendonkeyuk
24-07-04, 15:14
a belt normally. with some boots wedged inside. always the boots.

Crono
24-07-04, 15:18
Ah yes...

:D that or green poision glands :D

|R@zor|
24-07-04, 16:08
or wood from the plants in the sewers.

For me it is usually boots or my PA if im unlucky, like yesterday.

mishkin
24-07-04, 16:26
My TL 3 deflector every second time, the belt or boots the rest...

Dunno who made up that crap about the highest TL things dropping.... I've almost always dropped one of the lowest things I've been carrying...

Lexxuk
24-07-04, 16:40
I dont usualy know what I drop, i'm usualy looking at my inv and thinkin "wtf did I drop? O_o".

Dribble Joy
24-07-04, 16:53
boots most of the time.

Though i did drop my 5 slot DB two days ago.

Tomalak
24-07-04, 16:58
The worst drop was a 4-slot ultimated outstanding all 120 Fire Apocalypse...in plaza 1 in front of DRE aggies...
I was in a bad mood, decided to PK a couple CA's for the sheer joy of PK'ing CA's, but I miscalculated the SL hit I guess..lol.. Got noobed by a Copbot...
I've had to go looking for my great XP tool, a 3 slotted holy energy halo..
Seems to be a tossup between the boots,the pants, and the Psi Boosters on the lower TL's...

My buddy's freaking out..He's got 100 SL, and so far has dropped his guns, sweet Damageboost, PA, he's only dropped Psi boosters or ammo like once or twice..

Tostino
24-07-04, 16:59
I drop my 1 sloted holy rez and heals all the time. I keep em on me so i don't drop my 5 slot shit.

-Demon-
24-07-04, 23:53
My TL 3 deflector every second time, the belt or boots the rest...

Dunno who made up that crap about the highest TL things dropping.... I've almost always dropped one of the lowest things I've been carrying...
But what else were you carrying...?

Also I think it also goes on yos value of the item?

I remember it saying it when belt drops were revised.

zii
25-07-04, 00:11
Ah yes...

Meat eh! I was using wood.

Jest
25-07-04, 00:14
I drop one of my 30 slotted Holy Heals I keep on my inventory. ;)

Richard Slade
25-07-04, 01:26
Meat eh! I was using wood.

medkits were the pwn
usable at the same time!

capt-o
25-07-04, 01:29
As a volunteer Quickbelt cleaner I've notice armor drops ALOT. No particular kind or piece just armor in general. Followed closely by those worthless psi gloves, esp in noob leveling areas. After that it seems psi spells then guns.
Sometimes I feel a little sry for the PPU's out there, 3 to 5 slot PPU spells aren't too uncommon.

Underground
25-07-04, 09:21
Normally 5-10 items in the middle of MB, TH or PP, managed to lose 8 rares in 3 weeks :lol: :angel:

Ramzi
25-07-04, 10:46
I drop my pants and bend over right before I die

because it means someone saw through my stealth.

tiikeri
25-07-04, 11:03
I always drop my pants :&

THE_TICK!!!!
25-07-04, 12:02
my stinkin poison beam always my poison beam..and on my tank my camo pa :(and pants on my pe :P

Mr Friendly
25-07-04, 13:01
Umm it takes the 10 highest TL items and randomly picks one..so really it depends what you are carrying at the time doesn't it...cba to guess what you carry compared to me.

not exactly
thats an old rumor btw @_@

eric-the-ded
25-07-04, 14:41
90% of the time i drop my drone booster buff.
if it's not that then it'll usually be my boots.
not exactly high TL stuff. i think i'm just getting lucky.

Budzilla
25-07-04, 14:55
I always drop my pants o_O Sounds dodgy. Few noob spells aswell :p

Doc Holliday
25-07-04, 15:03
well u bastards stole the pant dropping joke already so im gonna have to go with something different.

Dogtags is what i drop. always my freaking dogtags.... :angel:

Mr Kot
25-07-04, 15:37
I'm always VERY careful what i take to a non safe-zone with me, so i guess i been lucky so far. Hunt in a team so your mates can grab your belt for you. If u are unlucky enough to get PKed by some tank camping a rep, he's unlikely to be able to hack your belt, so just lie dead and watch him until he fucks off, then u rep to the same rep and pick up your belt, then rep out. Works for me :)

The last time i died on Pluto, i dropped my 5 slot shelter :eek: i got it back tho, as there was no-one else around at the time. Phew!

On Saturn (where i tend to die a lot more on my flimsy apu) i noticed a little trick (coincidence maybe?) if u carry an unressed E part in your inventory, it seems almost guaranteed u will drop that. I speak from experience from when i died three times and three times in a row, that E part was in my belt o_O Maybe somebody could care to experiment with this, like rezzkill a hundred times to see if it drops always? If its true, that's how you would save your precious weapons / spells / PA. You wouldnt miss the E part as it would probably be only a fecking drone part anyway :rolleyes:

Also i NEVER seem to drop whatever tool is in my processor, yet tools in inventory do drop.

Finally, has anyone noticed the difference in what u drop compared to the circumstances of your death? If u get killed by a mob (where u have a better chance of retrieving your belt and it not getting hacked), u drop something cheap and replacable like armour. If u get PKed by a team who have a strap-on hacker spy to loot their kills, u always drop a multi-slotted item, or expensive PA :mad:

Doc Holliday
25-07-04, 15:39
cons tools etc dont actually drop iirc. remote ones ie poke tools etc do.

greendonkeyuk
25-07-04, 17:59
my pride drops when i die.