PDA

View Full Version : new hacktool games

cRazy2003
23-07-04, 22:08
good day,

a while ago i tried the offline demo, the downloadable one where TG are attacking neocron, and i got to the part where i had to hack through a door, shit.

i seriously cannot pick up how to hack, i get it explained and then when i get to the point of trying to hack something i dont have a clue, and the fact its incredibly boring :p

i think the mini-game (if u can call it that) should be changed.

it would be the win to have the mini-game a version of space invaders :p
where you with the little spaceship is the attacker and the little aliens are the defense/firewall, it would naturally have to be modified but with the same principle. so what do u think?

Dee Zaster
23-07-04, 22:17
Nah... leave the hacking mini-game alone, it's cool.

What should be changed, however, is the way you have to "leave" the game for up to 30 seconds and you might find yourself dead when the hack is done :rolleyes:

Benjie
23-07-04, 22:22
No leave it. It's a good system.

seraphian
23-07-04, 22:24
I'd like to see the game come up as a transparent overlay over the screen so you could still see a bit of what's going on... the current game leaves you WAY too vulnerable, with no way of knowing you're under attack until you wake up dead.

Either that or a notification like a droner get's when she's nailed.

Rude Boi
23-07-04, 22:36
it is a bit gay that u cant tell what the hell is goin on around u, but u can still hear things...... like ur belt droping :lol:

steweygrrr
23-07-04, 22:37
I'd like to see the game come up as a transparent overlay over the screen so you could still see a bit of what's going on... the current game leaves you WAY too vulnerable, with no way of knowing you're under attack until you wake up dead.

Either that or a notification like a droner get's when she's nailed.

It's not transparant on account of you are plugged into the hack.

Benjie
23-07-04, 22:51
I would have agreed to an indication when you are being hit before i rolled a belt hacking pe. The chance of dying is all part of the hack. Don't just randomly click on a hack, make sure it's safe first. For me, it made the whole process more fun.

Omnituens
23-07-04, 23:26
i would like it if you had mini games in the hacktool a la system shock 2 style

but you had to find them in hacknet ;)

Glok
24-07-04, 01:32
So crazy... you have never hacked before now? Damn man. O_o

The game is easy. A couple tips. Wait until about 12 seconds are left before spending any charges if you have lower skill or it looks like the computer opponent could make you fail. When you have higher skill and more charges, learn how to make the computer waste charges right away then spend the rest of your charges. If you can make the computer spend all it's charges the game will end. Some people call this speed hacking.

cRazy2003
24-07-04, 02:11
So crazy... you have never hacked before now? Damn man. O_o

The game is easy. A couple tips. Wait until about 12 seconds are left before spending any charges if you have lower skill or it looks like the computer opponent could make you fail. When you have higher skill and more charges, learn how to make the computer waste charges right away then spend the rest of your charges. If you can make the computer spend all it's charges the game will end. Some people call this speed hacking.

meh im bored and trying to make things intresting :p

Mumblyfish
24-07-04, 02:23
I'd like minigames like the hack-game for all tradeskills, to be fair. Instead of clicking START START START for construction, play a quick "game" where you actually have to decipher the Blueprint to give you a complete construction order. For batch jobs, IE building something x10, instead of playing 10 times the game's difficulty and speed could just increase. I don't see why Hack has to be the only interesting tradeskill.

Benjie
24-07-04, 02:25
Crazy! Your signature would cause an epileptic person to have a seizure, and it burns my eyes!

Glok
24-07-04, 02:27
I'd like minigames like the hack-game for all tradeskills, to be fair. Instead of clicking START START START for construction, play a quick "game" where you actually have to decipher the Blueprint to give you a complete construction order. For batch jobs, IE building something x10, instead of playing 10 times the game's difficulty and speed could just increase. I don't see why Hack has to be the only interesting tradeskill.I used to think that too, before I had a dedicated tradeskiller. Now I think it would drive me bonkers.

Richard Slade
24-07-04, 03:35
I used to think that too, before I had a dedicated tradeskiller. Now I think it would drive me bonkers.
Try being a dedicated hacker :o
But honestly I would like different versions of games for building for example
wire goes there, connects to that so you can put that in, do it right the first time and get better slot % fail and lower stats then you need the next part
and so on..
Makes it into a good thing!
Kinda like trying to lower time of hack to under 5 seconds.. That's my favourite game

LiL T
24-07-04, 08:03
Some one should make a video of hacking a belt or something so people who don't know how to do it can see how its done :)

Omnituens
24-07-04, 09:16
Crazy! Your signature would cause an epileptic person to have a seizure, and it burns my eyes!
hence why i gave him -ve rep for it lol

MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

http://www.student.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~d5nguyen/thegoggles.jpg (ftp://ftp.smoovenet.com/pub/lardlad/sounds/season7/radioactiveman10.mp3)

pssst... click the picture

Birkoff
24-07-04, 09:58
Spend your time making a new sig.. i ain't got Epilepsy and it hurts ma eyes.

cRazy2003
24-07-04, 11:35
already said if i get to 25 rep points, to make it fufill its purpose, but since people have been giving me bad rep its been going down :/