PDA

View Full Version : To KK - could we get official word on some things?

Opar
23-07-04, 20:50
Just wondering Mr. Thanatos/Odin/Iorghe/MJS/Callash/CoDi/whomever else....

could we PLEASE get official word on how FRE's will be in NC2? As far as I know, nobody from KK HQ has mentioned ANYTHING about random crashed/bugs.... maybe this is what the beta is for, I dono.

But could we please get word on how the FRE situation is with the current NC2?

J. Folsom
23-07-04, 20:56
That's definitely what the beta is for, or at least, what it should be for.

Besides, we all know KK just uses MJS's crash-free computer. :p

Dirk_Gently
23-07-04, 20:59
The way I understood it was that the FRE problem was to do with the game engine and with the engine rewrite this will be fixed.

I may of course be completely wrong ;)

Omnituens
23-07-04, 21:01
could we PLEASE get official word on how FRE's will be in NC2?
What you taking about? NC1 doesn't FRE it just has inbuilt screen saver that looks EXACTLY like your desktop.

Nah, the NC2 FRE are going to be bigger and badder than ever before, just like everything else!

oh wait, thats not good news at all...

Ghanima
23-07-04, 21:10
I haven't had a FRE in a very, very long time and I'm more interested in finding out what the system requirements are going to be for NC2. Just a few weeks to go and there still hasn't been any information on this front.

Ghanima :angel:

Biznatchy
23-07-04, 21:10
As they have said a few times, the FRE's are client side and not KK's problem. This will remain true in NC2.

Shadow Dancer
23-07-04, 21:11
As they have said a few times, the FRE's are client side and not KK's problem. This will remain true in NC2.

Are you serious?

Opar
23-07-04, 21:11

KK distribute the clients, and **EVERYONE** has FRE'd at some point, so surely it SHOULD be KKs problem?

Omnituens
23-07-04, 21:12
of course its a client side problem.

the client has more bugs than an antfarm.

n3m
23-07-04, 21:16
As omni so nicely put, ofcourse it's client side. Imagine teh servers crashing every 5mins, oh wait.

But I don't know ANYONE who DOESNT FRE, if you say you hardly FRE you still FRE and its still a leak in the code that has to be fixed..

Omnituens
23-07-04, 21:18
But I don't know ANYONE who DOESNT FRE, if you say you hardly FRE you still FRE and its still a leak in the code that has to be fixed..
MJS doesn't :rolleyes:

n3m
23-07-04, 21:18
I want his version then..
I also wonder how much he plays

Birkoff
23-07-04, 21:28
Played SWG 12 days and haven't FREd once

<3

Omnituens
23-07-04, 21:30
I want his version then..
I also wonder how much he plays
No he fatals just like we do, he is just too busy bling-blingin' and Rolex shopping to notice.

hivemind
23-07-04, 21:35
Just wondering Mr. Thanatos/Odin/Iorghe/MJS/Callash/CoDi/whomever else....

could we PLEASE get official word on how FRE's will be in NC2? As far as I know, nobody from KK HQ has mentioned ANYTHING about random crashed/bugs.... maybe this is what the beta is for, I dono.

But could we please get word on how the FRE situation is with the current NC2?
LOL. FREs are your fault, didn't you know?

Dirk_Gently
23-07-04, 23:55
Played SWG 12 days and haven't FREd once

<3

But SWG is so boring FRE's are a welcome break. If they've fixed them i definitely ain;t playing it again :wtf:

QuantumDelta
23-07-04, 23:58
NVidia system;

0 FREs over a few months.

ATI system;

Repeated, and continual FREs almost at regular intervals.

Syntax-Error
24-07-04, 00:03
its strange i have an ATI and i Fre now and then. yet my friend has a Gforce and FREs far far to often.

flawl3ss
24-07-04, 00:13
Even though 95% have fatals all the time, joerg says: Fatals is only your computers fault not the clients or kk's fault..
Expect no replies from KK about this as they try to keep it as quiet as possible that their game crashes every 15 minutes.. ;)

Maarten
24-07-04, 00:48
From what I remember, an official said something like this about the fatals in NC2:

The current crashes occur because of some blablabla in DirectX 7. Because the new engine will use DirectX 9 and some other bladieblabla, the errors should be as good as fixed.

Don't quote me though... ;)

PS Isn't it this kind of topics/questions that the community representative position was made for?

hivemind
24-07-04, 00:49
PS Isn't it this kind of topics/questions that the community representative position was made for?
Who? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

StryfeX
24-07-04, 00:52
Who? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:RaTMaN McCruel or whatever his name is.

--Stryfe

Maarten
24-07-04, 00:54
Yeah, that guy is so active in the english community that half the people doesn't even know him or are even aware the position exists! No offense to Mr. McCruel, but the english community needs a representative of it's own!