PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Mod

SorkZmok
23-07-04, 20:04
Still a chance to get it?

It sucks that i'm hunting every day everywhere over the map and still i never even saw that damn guy who drops them.

No one i know got a spirit mod, loads of the enemy spies i fight got one though. This is so wrong. So am i fucked? Or is there a chance to still get one?

bounty
23-07-04, 20:07
this thread will be hijacked with ideas of nerfing the spirit mod. And i will agree with them that its too overpowered.

Mr_Snow
23-07-04, 20:07
You dont know the right people, its going to turn into a kamikaze chip debacle again.

SorkZmok
23-07-04, 20:10
You dont know the right people, its going to turn into a kamikaze chip debacle again.True. Sucks that some clans got more mods than SHs while others got NONE.

And yeah bounty, it needs a nerf when used in close combat. Well not a nerf, a change. Like an aiming penalty close up.

Mr_Snow
23-07-04, 20:13
[ edited ]

Lucid Dream
23-07-04, 20:18
[ edited ]

My clan has.. 5? I think.. and not one of us got them from the actual guy. Hell, ive got 2, and I've never seen Johnny Morietti, the clans that have lots of them, bought them.

Mr_Snow
23-07-04, 20:21
Never said everybody got them that way but there are clans with cabs full of them to be used when needed or traded for good stuff.

Maarten
24-07-04, 00:58
I have a Spirit Mod in Uranus I don't use. But I don't have any ammo though...

Vampire222
24-07-04, 01:01
I have a Spirit Mod in Uranus I don't use. But I don't have any ammo though...

you could give it to me.... or sell it for lots of stuff

Birkoff
24-07-04, 01:21
Buy one... trade for one....

ONOZ i don't have that kewl belt... onoz i dont have titan armour... onoz i don't have this.... its RPG ur not supposed to have everything. They might be hard but so is everything....

Can't wait till NC2 and life in NC again.

btw i don't have a spirit modded SH and i do have a rifle spy

Ramzi
24-07-04, 01:29
Buy one... trade for one....

ONOZ i don't have that kewl belt... onoz i dont have titan armour... onoz i don't have this.... its RPG ur not supposed to have everything. They might be hard but so is everything....

Can't wait till NC2 and life in NC again.

btw i don't have a spirit modded SH and i do have a rifle spy

That works if it's a game like Everquest where there's 239403094309439430 types of each SLOT of armor.

It doesn't work in a game where every rifle spy in the game has the same chips, same armor, same looking armor etc etc then one has a special mod and one doesn't, that's called fucked up.

Menolak
24-07-04, 01:29
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

Dont Mess
24-07-04, 01:40
dont say its over powered its not it does its job and removes shelter

Mumblyfish
24-07-04, 02:09
It doesn't work in a game where every rifle spy in the game has the same chips, same armor, same looking armor etc etc then one has a special mod and one doesn't, that's called fucked up.
No, it's called a start.

Ramzi
24-07-04, 02:10
No, it's called a start.

Sorry pal you don't start introducing rare stuff like that 2 or 3 years into a game's retail release.

You do it in beta.

Nidhogg
24-07-04, 02:11
Sorry pal you don't start introducing rare stuff like that 2 or 3 years into a game's retail release.

You do it in beta.
This is an MMORPG. You have to introduce new things as you go along. It's in the rules.

N

cRazy2003
24-07-04, 02:13
This is an MMORPG. You have to introduce new things as you go along. It's in the rules.

N

its the rules :p

Ramzi
24-07-04, 02:14
New things doesn't mean completely changing the economy by releasing items that only a certain few get (because their noses are really far up somewhere).

And how is it introducing new content if 10% of a server gets it?

Introducing new things would mean new zones, new mobs etc, not stupid items that you just changed property name of.

cRazy2003
24-07-04, 02:18
New things doesn't mean completely changing the economy by releasing items that only a certain few get (because their noses are really far up somewhere).

And how is it introducing new content if 10% of a server gets it?

Introducing new things would mean new zones, new mobs etc, not stupid items that you just changed property name of.

nid is right though if it were the case youd have to introduce everything at start of retail this would be one incredibly boring and lifeless game, something 10% of the server has is called a rare :p

Lucid Dream
24-07-04, 02:19
Everyone is acting like its impossible to get these things. It is far from impossible, not easy, but it shouldnt be easy. If every spy in a clan has one, then it gets fucking crazy, if a few spys in a clan get one, it works, as it is now, most of the major clans have at least 1 spirit mod in their clan, and that is how it should be in my oppinion.

Lexxuk
24-07-04, 03:13
To put us out of our misery as to exactly how many spirit mods are out there, any chance KK can check the database to see exactly how many exist per server?

Shadow Dancer
24-07-04, 03:42
I wish I had one.

Does anyone even know HOW to get one?

Ramzi
24-07-04, 03:45
I wish I had one.

Does anyone even know HOW to get one?

You kill a guy named something Moriettie, like Jonny Morietti or something, it looks like an NPC but it's supposedly played by a GM.

When he dies he drops the mod and some ammo iirc.

SorkZmok
24-07-04, 04:08

NWell, next time make it fair. Count the pro city ppl on uranus who got one, then count the anti city ppl who got one. i know theres more ppl in TG and FA and BD than in CA, TT or DRE. But its not funny anymore when it comes to equipment.

Lucid Dream
24-07-04, 04:58
Well, next time make it fair. Count the pro city ppl on uranus who got one, then count the anti city ppl who got one. i know theres more ppl in TG and FA and BD than in CA, TT or DRE. But its not funny anymore when it comes to equipment.

So.. wait.. if the anti-city people dont get enough, they should just give mods to them?

Redburn
24-07-04, 05:16
Well from what I've heard, the GM that plays that sniper liked to frequent the Mil Base and CRP alot, so that might be the reason that alot of TG have the mod. I've run into him only twice so far, and if he's seen in zone the runners come like flies to S*$@.

Birkoff
24-07-04, 05:22

You do it in beta.

One of the main reasons of online play is the introduction of new things...

What about termis?
What about the belt of Z@$%# what ever its called..
What about tigers blood?.... cresent tabs?

Arn't they rare? :S

or are you a spy that doesnt need n e of them?

Ramzi
24-07-04, 05:31

What about termis?

Arn't they rare? :S

or are you a spy that doesnt need n e of them?

Rare drugs are fine; they have limited uses.

The tank belt was given out because Fenyx (i think) won some OUT OF GAME contest for drawing some stupid shit. Yeah, that makes everyone just immerse into the game, right?

Terminator was unfair as well; it gave the lowtech PEs who had one an advantage.

The reason they're "unfair" is because everyone has the exact same stuff, except for the people who get these items.

In any other game that has rarities such as these, no one has the same equipment anyway, so it's not a big deal, because everyone is different to begin with.

And also new content != the same fucking weapon models with a new name and a few tech levels higher, a drug that took 1 minute to copy and paste the properties of beast and just add a new name and a few new +stats, or a belt that was already in the database in beta.

New content is stuff like mobs, zones, classes. AS IN stuff that everyone has access too.

Also, I am a pistol spy so I don't really care who has what, just pointing out that you guys have messed up visions of fairness and rare stuff.

manderf
24-07-04, 05:41
pimp on pluto doesnt have one... And if you look on the map we're the only ones besides tg that own an OP :lol:

Birkoff
24-07-04, 06:08
Played Ultima Online for over 4 years.... Some ppl had the rarest of shit... vanq weapons... full incinv plate/chain.. loads of shit.. it doesn't matter still fight with player built things.

There should be A SHIT LOAD more unique/random items like this.... It takes time to implement. I wish the termi wasn't made to techs. NC lacks difference in differnt ppl/weapons... now we get soem rare items you want it to all be found??

Crono
24-07-04, 06:35
Why do people support the idea of rare items that you almost cant get anymore.

Its like people purposly want items they have to become more rare. And if they dont have those items and still support that, then your nuts.

Introducing new items is awsome, do it more often, bot dont introduce new Great items then just take them out of the game, and leave the ones that droped ingame. There almost isnt ever a GM on pluto to get yourself help, let alone one playing a ingame char just waiitng to be killed im shure ;P

it might as well be considered out of game.

-Crono

enigma_b17
24-07-04, 07:09
"Introducing new items is awsome, do it more often, bot dont introduce new Great items then just take them out of the game, and leave the ones that droped ingame"

couldnt agree more

Lucid Dream
24-07-04, 10:30
I dunno, i like the idea of having things that are collectible, for example, for months you could buy nema 7, then nema 8, then, BAM nema 7 and 8 are gone from stores, and you can only buy 9 and 10, and since noone expected it, nema 7 and 8 have become semi rare, nema 8 especially, they have as such become quite a collectible item, something worth having, before they were taken out of stores, they were worth 36 credits, now, they are worth hanging on to.

Ramzi
24-07-04, 12:00
I dunno, i like the idea of having things that are collectible, for example, for months you could buy nema 7, then nema 8, then, BAM nema 7 and 8 are gone from stores, and you can only buy 9 and 10, and since noone expected it, nema 7 and 8 have become semi rare, nema 8 especially, they have as such become quite a collectible item, something worth having, before they were taken out of stores, they were worth 36 credits, now, they are worth hanging on to.

YES exactly, stuff like this is awesome.

Collectibles THAT DON'T CAUSE AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.

cRazy2003
24-07-04, 12:02

just pwned yourself dude :p

rune1000
24-07-04, 12:08
A rare tank belt :confused:???

Never heard about it... what does it do? if anybody knows?

LTA
24-07-04, 12:17

Rare?
I thought they were like removed from all obtainable methods, even rare there should still be some way to get one, some really hard long quest, some hard mob or some massive long treasure hunt (datacubes in crates etc).
Tigersblood and Crscent tabs on venus require you to get the relevent drug of the shamen (kri nakh mushroom and the other) then you get a few other items and get a bd or if your bd you goto a special npc in the hq and trade it for a certain amount of the drug (mushroom for ct and the str drug for tiger blood).
They are rare, they need a bd to get you some but hell there still available if peeps put some time and effort in, i ain't ever seen the sniper who drops spirit stuff and as i thought it was something to ease the reliance on apus for anti ppu combat it's a bit um wierd.

i'd call the belt more a Unique item since there's only one, not rare really because it cannot be obtained, rares should be obtainable just you need to put time and effort to obtain it

james_finn
24-07-04, 17:58
Yeah but for us that dont play on Venus, afaik there is no way to get crescent tabs and tigers blood. Spirit mods are next to impossible to get, dude to the lack of Jonny Morrisetti on the server.

I love things that are rare that dont unbalance the game. Im not saying spirit mods should be bought in the shops or anything like that, BUT it should be randomly dropped by a 120 mob, or something like that (Maybe make it a run where you need to kill all of the 120 mobs and take some loot from them all, that would be pretty hard to do, especially the apparition!).

Delphi

Lethys
24-07-04, 19:14
Collectibles THAT DON'T CAUSE AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.

What he said.

edit: can't give you +rep again :/

juvestar15
24-07-04, 20:21
Possibly the worst game when it comes to dealing with rares.
They are somehow obtained through methods unknown *cough* spawned *cough* or they are obtainable for a few days, then they disappear forever without any other way of getting them.
Then to top it off, there is no one from KK actually telling us if it's in the loot pool or what methods you use to obtain them. It would save time and forum space(this thread wouldnt be needed) if they just fucking told us what is going on with these items.
Instead we are left like morons wondering wtf happened to those items.

It was actually pretty funny how the first *documented* spirit mod was found. Remember that post of that guy in a certain BD clan? What a suprise he was the first. :lol: Just like he was the first with the Crahn glove. Oh wait, that wasn't meant to be in retail. :wtf: :lol:

greendonkeyuk
24-07-04, 20:36
agree with juvestar totally here. ive heard talk of certain clans having access to TONNES of spirit mods in their cabs over ts, of course im not gonna make accusations on which clans ive heard have them as ill get edited. The clans themselves know they have them, of course theyre gonna keep schtum about it. Also the people who gave them them are likewise gonna stay tight lipped. In order to solve this problem ALL items should either be printed as ONE time rewards and have NO effect on the game mechanics and infer no bonuses (ie an RP item), or alternatively they should be available to everyone. I mean really, if you wanted a select few to have something then make the base commander at mc5 have a 1/100 of dropping the item not have some guy shoot a few peeps at mb and then disappear in the winds of time. At least this way, as i believe LTA said about venus, the rest of the population get a chance to see/obtain this item.

Favouritism leads to jealousy.

Birkoff
24-07-04, 21:06
Rare?
I thought they were like removed from all obtainable methods, even rare there should still be some way to get one, some really hard long quest, some hard mob or some massive long treasure hunt (datacubes in crates etc).
Tigersblood and Crscent tabs on venus require you to get the relevent drug of the shamen (kri nakh mushroom and the other) then you get a few other items and get a bd or if your bd you goto a special npc in the hq and trade it for a certain amount of the drug (mushroom for ct and the str drug for tiger blood).
They are rare, they need a bd to get you some but hell there still available if peeps put some time and effort in, i ain't ever seen the sniper who drops spirit stuff and as i thought it was something to ease the reliance on apus for anti ppu combat it's a bit um wierd.

i'd call the belt more a Unique item since there's only one, not rare really because it cannot be obtained, rares should be obtainable just you need to put time and effort to obtain it

Having a logn quest wouldn't do anything... 99% of the server would of finished it by the night after the patch...

The way they have introduced the spirit mod is great IMO

Crono
24-07-04, 21:35
Having a logn quest wouldn't do anything... 99% of the server would of finished it by the night after the patch...

The way they have introduced the spirit mod is great IMO

Whats that, its not like the GM even really plays anymore, only "special" people get it :P

Rares like that are bad for the game. Everyone who has items like that are compleatly for it, but i fucking hate playing games with items that you literally almost can never expect to get because their so rare or are only spawned to favorites. (there is way too many floating around to have been all from GM evewnts too guys, common. and dont kid yourself to thinking their from the GM char, there is like a GM on pluto 3 hours out of the day for help... let alone to walk around as a NPC :P )

-Crono

Nidhogg
24-07-04, 21:46
I can assure you that spirit mods have never been given out to GM "favourites".

N

Crono
24-07-04, 22:08
then where did they all come from :P

duped?

because their rare, but still many many people have them. allot more then just ones won at some random event :/

-Crono

Ramzi
24-07-04, 22:11

N

You don't even play the game man.

Mr_Snow
24-07-04, 22:33

N

Your just being naive man, even if thay arent literally spawned and handed out all it takes is a GM informing people of where and when he is going to to spawn as that sniper dude so that they have a guaranteed kill and a guaranteed spirit mod without technically breaking the rules.I dont know for certain that that has happened with spirit mods but it happened on several servers with kami chips.

Chaos81
24-07-04, 22:40
You don't even play the game man.

How do you know?

Ramzi
24-07-04, 22:42
How do you know?

He's said before he doesn't believe in being a GM/mod and having a personal account, and said that he hasn't played a "real" account for like over a year or whatever.