PDA

View Full Version : DEVS: I want you to explain something to me very clearly. . .

Whitestuff
23-07-04, 18:21
How exactly do you expect monks to level dex at all? I have been actively searching for a way to level dex that is comparable to any NORMAL level of exp gaining, and have come to the conclusion that there isn`t one. I don`t even want to hear missions, that takes more time than I have played the game total. And it seems as though repairing really ticks you guys off, so that`s out, along with the poking a moveon or a pp resistor (which is kinda wierd imho cause it didn`t hurt anyone as it still took assloads of time). Melee? You are kidding right? Tried the whole thing about meleeing a poison mob. . . try about 40 dex points for the entire kill. . . of a 100/100 uber bat. Rifles? Pistols? Well that would require some dex to begin with to spec for those combat types, so those are effectively out. Finally teaming. Tried this option several times now, here`s the last attempt, just so you know how useless it is. Got a team of like ranked SPIES and PE`s only. A full team, with 2 monks and the rest as spies ans pe`s hunted firemobs and poison caves for an hour and gained a grand total of 3 dex....

Now this ordeal has been going on for 3 weeks, since this new monk`s birth (it isn`t my monk btw, but my friend isn`t happy either) and he has gained somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 total dex exp, while his psi, int, str, and con are all leveling well (39 con is near cap, 18 str near cap, psi with imps 91, int 62. . . DEX OF 2 not even leveled yet ).

So my question once again is HOW DO YOU EXPECT NEW MONKS TO LEVEL DEX TO 35?! Tradeskilling in construction is the fastest way I have seen and you get maybe 300 points or so for that with a TL 20-35 things. You want him to stop being a monk for a month just to level dex with construction (can`t have any psi use if you want to level dex decent), I am not even talking about capping it, just leveling ffs.

So please, explain the reasoning behind this. We gain not natural dex, which is fine, every class has a skill they don`t level naturally, but that skill also begins to level in a team iirc. Hell i remember on my tank I gained a psi level as a 4/ cr tank with a ppu in my team without doing any missions. Of course, that may have changed since then, but come on, monks as far as I can tell gain no dex at all.

El_MUERkO
23-07-04, 18:24
To level my APU's dex I did hundreds of Cyclopes missions at MB while hunting PKers, that was during the big CM -v- BD -v- TG battles that made a mess (in a good way) of Saturn when at least once a day I would abuse Ezza on the forums :sniff: memories, like the colours of my mind .... la la la la PRECIOUS MEMORIES LALALLALALA

8|

WebShock
23-07-04, 18:37
sit in plaza and wank all day. seems thats good dex xp :/

Kaden
23-07-04, 18:40
How many threads like this per day do we really need?

Gtfoi.

Dargeshaad
23-07-04, 18:40
Enough to make KK notice them?

Whitestuff
23-07-04, 18:42
How many threads like this per day do we really need?

Gtfoi.

As many as it takes to get something done about it so a monk can play as a monk and not a tradeskiller. And, btw, tradeskilling isn`t that fast either.

Maarten
23-07-04, 18:57
I hate to admit it, but I couldn't agree more. Why is KK nerfing the tradeskill XP to stop monks from leveling DEX? How do they suggest to level DEX?

Whitestuff
23-07-04, 19:03
I hate to admit it, but I couldn't agree more. Why is KK nerfing the tradeskill XP to stop monks from leveling DEX? How do they suggest to level DEX?

That`s the question, where`s the answer?

Don`t give up on this, people, if you really care about your poor monk`s dex, don`t let the topic die!! We need something done about this.

steweygrrr
23-07-04, 19:04
Good question....when I cap my YEAR OLD ppu's dex I'll tell you Maarten

joran420
23-07-04, 19:13
im wondering the same thing...I didnt realize how big of a problem it was, i capped dex with poking aloooong time ago(please note i never did moveon thing) i just would poke in plaza for a few hours a day.

Mr_Snow
23-07-04, 19:31
They reduced tradeskill XP until they can patch in a fix to an exploit which people were abusing.What I dont get why KK havent put back up the tradeskill xp after disabling the remote repair which stops the exploit. Until they do try to level dex through missions but do some til you get to a decent level or just do all the epics and you will be in the high 20s if not the low 30s by the end of it.

OpTi
23-07-04, 19:40
getting from lvl2 to lvl20 dex is EASY, it's the jump from 20 to 35 thats the big mother.

tbh it needs fixing, i capped dex poking a moveon over the course of about 3 days (befroe the nerf), that was on both an apu and a ppu, that was tiresome enough i don't even want to try to lvl another monk because of the shit dex gain.

Doc Holliday
23-07-04, 19:42
if they make it easier on a monk to gain dex then a spy should gain psi. other than that i agree with you mate.

slaughteruall
23-07-04, 19:47
They reduced tradeskill XP until they can patch in a fix to an exploit which people were abusing.What I dont get why KK havent put back up the tradeskill xp after disabling the remote repair which stops the exploit. Until they do try to level dex through missions but do some til you get to a decent level or just do all the epics and you will be in the high 20s if not the low 30s by the end of it.

Well alot of people cant even do missons on saturn. So your back to square one with that.

Slaughter

seraphian
23-07-04, 19:50
I know this is going to be a REALLY controversial statement but here goes anyway:

People wouldn't HAVE to exploit if you gave them other viable options.

If you make endless tedious missioning (literally THOUSANDS of them) the only alternative to exploiting, the temptation to exploit will always be VERY strong. I'm what I consider a very honest player, I don't exploit I don't do things that are almost exploits, I try to keep everything above the boards. But I must admit that the monk dex situation ALMOST had me considering it. I play this game for fun, and to me killing roaches with a newb knife for 8 hours to get enough dex to run to Neocron without being dragonfly food and taking 3 hours to get there is rediculus. Either make it so that monks level XP in a team, boost recycle XP, boost the % of XP that monks can gain, or give us honest, balanced repair back as a way to level dex. Or I'm saying 'fuck it' and rerolling my monks, along with about half the monks that aren't already capped.

slaughteruall
23-07-04, 19:56
Yeah it's quite shit really.

This is what i said from another thread here on the forums. Referring to very hard research missons which gives the most XP per misson @ 600 a pop.

So only 423.248 very hard ress missons to cap dex for a monk. Yeah that sounds like fun. That's only 1269.745 Bp's. Yeah i would just love to research all of those.

15.91 to cap a tank's PSI
70.45 to cap a spy's PSI

567.855 Aggie captain missons to soft cap DEX
634.8725 To reach the hard cap for DEX.

If you ask me and most people thats way to fucking much.

Shakari
23-07-04, 20:24
Good question....when I cap my YEAR OLD ppu's dex I'll tell you Maarten

I capped my PPU's dex in about 3 weeks hehe

Rifle PPU :D:D good for killing WB's hehe

Opar
23-07-04, 20:46
To level my APU's dex I did hundreds of Cyclopes missions at MB while hunting PKers, that was during the big CM -v- BD -v- TG battles that made a mess (in a good way) of Saturn when at least once a day I would abuse Ezza on the forums :sniff: memories, like the colours of my mind .... la la la la PRECIOUS MEMORIES LALALLALALA

8|

Aaaaah, I miss the SHIELD guys :)

Biznatchy
23-07-04, 21:23
I capped my PPU's dex in about 3 weeks hehe

Rifle PPU :D:D good for killing WB's hehe

But then how do you recap it after you lom the rifle out. Do you really think APU's should be out killing things with a assult rifle. That just poor.

The exp in dex should build at a rate that when psi is capped dex should be. The idea that you need to use a rifle or do construction is poor. Same with spies and tanks building psi. It distracts from the game and turns it into a boring leveling treadmill with little reason other to reach the end. That fosters the players to look for the best exploit to get it done.

Disturbed021
23-07-04, 22:07
Build a bunch of wp 8s, 9s, or 10s at an OP and clone a bunch of PSI booster 3's.
Capped dex in a week fairly easy and made myself 4 stacks of 249 PSI boosters 3 with just 20 points in recycle.

Yeah it is was a lot of work and I'm not saying you should have to do that, but the way the current system is that is the fastest way I have found w/o gimping.
I would think that bumping up the exp for recycling/cloning would be a good idea and allow for quicker leveling via that route.

ino
23-07-04, 22:20
As said many times before dex lvling on monks is a pain.

I actually capped my ppu's dex with pistoleros, and my atthetime hybrid actually capped dex without doing shit. I just noticed my dex lvled all the time when using fire apok on the mighty good sandcrawlers back in the days, but strange enough it was kinda only me who got exp, my friends didnt get one dex point :)

But im not complaining, but they need to make it so at least teaming with dex focused chars gave a tiiinybiitty exp gain. Same for all chars team with the class of wich your non "main" skills needs exp and get a little, forinstance droners could gain a liiiitle bit of psi and a liiitle bit of con for teaming with PE's and Tanks.

If a monk could cap dex in 2 months of playing team I can almost promise ppl would be happy instead of making shitassretard missions x 10000 or anything else that the player isnt built to do.

steweygrrr
23-07-04, 22:43
Build a bunch of wp 8s, 9s, or 10s at an OP and clone a bunch of PSI booster 3's.
Capped dex in a week fairly easy and made myself 4 stacks of 249 PSI boosters 3 with just 20 points in recycle.

Yeah it is was a lot of work and I'm not saying you should have to do that, but the way the current system is that is the fastest way I have found w/o gimping.
I would think that bumping up the exp for recycling/cloning would be a good idea and allow for quicker leveling via that route.

Correction: It's the ONLY way for monks to cap dex. And it's kinda bullshit that we have to cap dex through tradeskilling. No other class has to cap any skill through tradeskilling, every other class has VIABLE i.e. non-mission methods of capping their skills (exception: tanks but they only have to cap 10 PSI).

virgil caine
23-07-04, 23:35
Melee Monk doing missions maybe ? And recycle everyting useable into PSI 3 Boosters.

Disturbed021
23-07-04, 23:40
Correction: It's the ONLY way for monks to cap dex. And it's kinda bullshit that we have to cap dex through tradeskilling. No other class has to cap any skill through tradeskilling, every other class has VIABLE i.e. non-mission methods of capping their skills (exception: tanks but they only have to cap 10 PSI).
Don't forget Spies who have to cap PSI at 20. I wish there was a way to cap PSI on my spy other than running missions :rolleyes: at least monks can do tradeskills to level their problem stat

Maarten
24-07-04, 00:52
I'd much rather do 20 PSI with missions then 35 DEX with tradeskills on a monk... O_o

joran420
24-07-04, 00:57
plus after you get one psi u can use psi mods to raise psi right?

ino
24-07-04, 01:11
I guess you can lvl psi with psi on say a spy, but you will need to use apu spells, cause ppu cant lvl anything with just using heals/defs and so on. But I think it will be pretty booring to lvl psi with apu on a spy, different maby but dull.

Birkoff
24-07-04, 01:14
Don't mention spies [ edited ], i capped my old spies psi doing missions in the aggies in the time it took me to use a assault rifle and kill clops.(where u can do more missions n e way)

Moveon was perfect .. KK ruined it.
Rhino was perfect.. KK ruined it.

Come play SWG till they "fix" neocron :)

I guess you can lvl psi with psi on say a spy, but you will need to use apu spells, cause ppu cant lvl anything with just using heals/defs and so on. But I think it will be pretty booring to lvl psi with apu on a spy, different maby but dull.

PPU spells do lvl you, jsut not very fast and not self cast.

Neoray
24-07-04, 01:19
I lvled my PPU with rifle combat and cloning low TL ammo ('cause then you can get the most XP's when putting in enough junk in for one clip. Putting in more is a waste, you get same XP as doing only one clip), really good way to do it.

My bro lvled his PPU with his MOVEON. But not the way like poke in and out.
He put it in and then melee-ed hurlers until he capped CON. Then he took on WB's :D . Capped DEX that way really fast, not as fast as possible tho since he had allways to run home to sell stuff.

Menolak
24-07-04, 01:39
Well alot of people cant even do missons on saturn. So your back to square one with that.

Slaughter
LMAO...

I'm stuck right now on that one..(ok, Im far from cap, I'm only 59/53 APU, but still..)

I can't do missions. The theory that pressing ``cancel mission`` a million times upon connecting will help is utter shit. Problem keeps coming back.
( I can AFK, alt-tab, and post on the forum, the little ``failed mission`` beep lets me know I'm still alive)

It's beel like 4 days now, that I'm short 3 Psi levels to drug for my PA3..Been owning NE's and Grim's endlessly, trying to level. It works, but very slowly.

From the way I see it..How the hell am i gonna cap my dex, if i cant even level everything else effectively? Re-rolll?
Thank god my new characters aren't monks, and don't seem to be affected by the missions bug...

(Sorry for changing topics a bit, the rant about the missions, the two problems are kinda going hand in hand for me right now :( )

Lareolan
25-07-04, 04:51
if they make it easier on a monk to gain dex then a spy should gain psi. other than that i agree with you mate.

A spy gets psi easily. Do a few missions, done. Getting to 20 is a HELL of a lot easier than getting to 35. Especially if you happen to be a PPU and unable to KILL, hence unable to do missions at all. (Luckily I had the PPR loophole available to me a long time ago, but it was still a pain).

I agree! Something SHOULD be done about monks dex xp. Every other class can't really level their skill that's capped at 20 (Except tanks that gain int from using their weapons). But spies have it easy with their psi from just missions. PEs level everything fairly well... So monks should be able to gain dex. If anything, maybe make them not gain str or something. I have no issues working to gain my STR to 20, that's not so much xp, it's DOABLE (not easy, but hell, it CAN be done).