PDA

View Full Version : remote repairing

MeWhiteWolf
23-07-04, 17:47
i WAS getting bored with NC untill the other day i got a BP 4 a combat Hovertech.... and lo how much more interesting things got, i could fight bigger things and fly away when i/my vec got too damaged...
so i lommed my agil to rep and fixed my hover since i didn't want to pay the huge 12k that it wanted - I'm an LE'd /30 char ;)
now i go out fighting today but head to a safe place since the monster i was fighting had babies :( and it got nailed, good thing i bought my 7 packs of nanites - yes i know i suck at repair :(.

i go to draw my remote repair tool and tnothing happens, i relog - three times and come here to see that there's an announcement....

i cannot afford to repair my combat hovertech at the garage, and don't think i'll get there with my hver intact anyways so I'm logged out now.
Please come up with a real fix KK.... Please let me know when i can log back in again.
and don't tell me when BDOY comes out either.......

Biznatchy
23-07-04, 17:52
hmm this should be added to the 32 page bitch tread about this by the time i type this, i would guess.

But to explain to the tread starter.

There was an exp exploit dealing with the remote repair tool, so instead of fixing the exploit they disabled the remote repair tool. Yes they are wankers carry on, that is all.

MeWhiteWolf
23-07-04, 17:57
ok well i dont like exploits but this veh cost me almost all i had to make, leaving me with a new toy and about 10k, using it i've gained some more money but i can't afford to have it explode.
is there an ETA on a REAL fix?
can we get an official date....
or even that a real fix is being looked at????????

Zaq
23-07-04, 17:58
Yup way to go KK, nice way to kill off a few players.

two days gone past and I've not seen any response to the massive complaint from the community.

WebShock
23-07-04, 18:33
what server u on?

if its saturn let me know, ill hit you up with some money and a fleet of combat hovertechs.

:D

yea kk step on their cocks big time with this stupid fix. all i can do to try and keep the game exciting is get you more hovertechs and some cash to survive the fucked saturn economy

MeWhiteWolf
23-07-04, 19:03
nooooo what has happened to saturn???
my combat hovertech driver is on Uranus, my only char there but the old 2, that i haven't played in a bit are on saturn. what happened to the econ there... i was just thinking i don't even remember them:) should check em out till this get's fixed up...... they will fix it won't they?
thx for the offer though

seraphian
23-07-04, 19:51
yup. Neocron players: bend over here it comes again.

Biznatchy
23-07-04, 21:15
You should know that nothing will get hotfixed till NC2. We will have to wait till the next patch in this case just gear up to not have anything fixed since there may not be another patch till NC2.

Its a bit pointless to bitch they dont care, and its obvious.

hivemind
23-07-04, 21:34
what server u on?

if its saturn let me know, ill hit you up with some money and a fleet of combat hovertechs.

:D

yea kk step on their cocks big time with this stupid fix. all i can do to try and keep the game exciting is get you more hovertechs and some cash to survive the fucked saturn economy
Shit I been spamming for a combat vehicle for a week on Saturn, gimme one. :)

Dee Zaster
23-07-04, 21:43
It sort of makes sense not working too hard on fixing issues in a game system which will be obsolete in a month or so, but disabling features like that does not!

I can't believe they disabled remote repair instead of just making it not give any exp...

seraphian
23-07-04, 21:52
fuck that... I'm still PAYING for it, they should still actively support it!

Saying: "Well they can't be bothered to fix the existing problems because bDoY is the priority" shows messed up priorities. They owe more to their existing playerbase... who paid their salary why they worked on bDoY than to the players that will come in with DoY. It's always been a problem, people have been exploiting it for ages. Why fuck over the honest players now just because of a few bad eggs?

I'd rather they allow the exploiting than fuck over vehicle users. Or actually get enough GMs in game to provide decent support and exploit catching, rather than punishing all of us because their shitty system makes it easy to exploit.

This issue REALLY pisses me off... it shows a blatant disregard of the community and their wishes by KK.

MeWhiteWolf
24-07-04, 02:41
no hotfixes - isn't that how they broke this in the first place?
you mean i have to go back to aggie missions or cyclops missions to get enough money to fix my C.hover to go out on one driving rare hunt?
it's easy to say gear up like there is no repair but I'm not capped, I'm new.
You want to know why the server numbers are dropping, hmm lets think, i was having fun now it's going to suck since i just lommed my ass of to become the Combat Hovertech driver i am now.....

rob444
24-07-04, 02:55
I thought up of something with the repair tool, tell me what you think in that thread: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?p=1488788