PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG.com... Neo2 not listed yet at all

Strych9
23-07-04, 17:17
I was just browing through mmorpg.com, and while Neocron is there with a decent ranking, Neo2 is not listed at all in terms of anticipated or soon to be released games.

KK/whoever should address this.

There IS a banner there advertising a contest, which is way cool, but why is it not listed anywhere else?

Benjie
23-07-04, 17:42
Putting Neocron 2 on the hype meter would be a bad idea. Advertising Neocron this early on would be a bad idea too for that matter.

Neocron isn't exactly in it's prime at the moment is it? You know people would push it straight to the bottom.

You need to be subtle during this stage of advertising. So far Reakktor are doing a good job. Quiet subliminal advertisments, leave all the loud stuff for after the release.

Richard Slade
23-07-04, 17:46
Ye, I like the way KK are doing it now,
feels kinda professional to keep it low and check up on the merchandise,
fix the beta and all that, before showing it up
since all people would see is the current NC, which is NOT good advertisement

Strych9
23-07-04, 21:17
Regardless of what they should do, right now on the site you can see a HUGE banner promoting Neo2 and the contest to win beta accounts, yet the game isnt listed anywhere else.

If you are gonna have a huge promotion through the site, the game should at least be listed with the site. Thats all I am saying.

Benjie
23-07-04, 22:25
If you are gonna have a huge promotion through the site, the game should at least be listed with the site. Thats all I am saying.
The games hype meter would be knocked down to shit.
I consider KK lucky that they have support from www.mmorpg.com without having the game listed yet.

40$Poser
23-07-04, 22:27
Putting Neocron 2 on the hype meter would be a bad idea. Advertising Neocron this early on would be a bad idea too for that matter.

Neocron isn't exactly in it's prime at the moment is it? You know people would push it straight to the bottom.

You need to be subtle during this stage of advertising. So far Reakktor are doing a good job. Quiet subliminal advertisments, leave all the loud stuff for after the release.

by this early you mean, less than 2 months till the last given release date? 0_o

Benjie
23-07-04, 22:32
by this early you mean, less than 2 months till the last given release date? 0_o
Why do people see this as a bad thing? If you hype Neocron 2 up now it would be very bad advertising. Neocron isn't exactly in it's prime right now is it? Actually compared to the new big boys like World of Warcraft and Dragon Empires, Neocron is crappy. You do not want people becoming exited about Neocron 2, only to join Neocron and gather opinions of it now. You want them to join Neocron 2, and gather better opinions about a much better product.

If Reakktor advertised Neocron 2 this early on, it would be the stupidest thing ever. Remember, just because you havn't seen a big advertisement yet, doesn't mean there isn't one coming.

amfest
23-07-04, 22:36
Why do people see this as a bad thing? If you hype Neocron 2 up now it would be very bad advertising. Neocron isn't exactly in it's prime right now is it? Actually compared to the new big boys like World of Warcraft and Dragon Empires, Neocron is crappy. You do not want people becoming exited about Neocron 2, only to join Neocron and gather opinions of it now. You want them to join Neocron 2, and gather better opinions about a much better product.
I totally agree. They don't even have a full trailer with only the new engine in BDOY with people because well . beta. Have patience.

Strych9
23-07-04, 23:22
So then you all agree that the promotion is a bad idea as well?

Cause if you like the promotion... as a viewer, I would wonder (and did wonder) why they would have a hugely promoted contest for a game not even on their site.

Nercron itself IS listed. But now all of a sudden promoting Neo2, which has had a series of promotional articles, not to mention the legions of Neo players BEGGING KK to actually get the word out about the game so maybe when Neo2 launches it will bring in more peeps... promoting Neo2 is now bad?

:wtf:

And people wonder why KK has a hard time doing what the players want. :rolleyes:

Sorry kids, but this is crunchtime. Now is the time to promote the crap out of Neocron 2. Get people interested in the new game.

If the new game flops (bugs, problems, etc.) then its basically not gonna matter if it privately flops for just the current loyal fanbase or if it flops for a much larger group of people.

If the new game doesnt flop, then you want it to succeed in the presence of the largest group of gamers possible.

So either way, I dont see any evil in promoting it right now, when the anticipated release is only just over a month away.

Edit: as far as saying "wait til N2 is out and it is not crappy" think about that. Think about what happened last time it was time to promote N2. I see what you are saying, but I still think its foolish to keep it a secret until you think it no longer sucks, and then expect a huge crowd to come rushing in afterwards.

Benjie
24-07-04, 00:08
Sorry kids, but this is crunchtime. Now is the time to promote the crap out of Neocron 2. Get people interested in the new game.

Now is not the time. Not in Neocrons case. Wait another month at least.

-FN-
24-07-04, 02:41
It's a catch-22. You can't successfully market a game by releasing it and advertising at the same time. You can't successfuly market a game by advertising and only having to show a low-population game in the waning existence of it's life as a 'prequel' to your new title. And you obviously can't market *after* the game is released...

So who knows what the best solution is :(

Candaman
24-07-04, 02:47
The games hype meter would be knocked down to shit.
I consider KK lucky that they have support from www.mmorpg.com without having the game listed yet.

Not true mmorpg looks to see oooh look theres 1000 people playing NC that will want doy beta accounts that means at least 1000 hits and say a 1/3 aren't registered yet means 333 new accounts on mmorpg not to mention people that hear by word or mouth and people just browsing that have friends that play. For such a small effort of their time they get a lot out of it.

notneo
24-07-04, 11:58
i know it is listed on beta-watcher.com but thats because of action by a mate of mine