PDA

View Full Version : [rant] Okay KK, theres annoying, and then theres bull.

Opar
23-07-04, 15:54
Okay, im tech hunting today, lalalala fun fun fun for all the family.

First thing that fucks me off, I attack a Warbot, kill it, because there was another warbot and a spiderbot standing next to it, I got their aggro too, fair enough.

I kill the spiderbot, I kill the warbot, as im killing them, ANOTHER FUCKING WARBOT SPAWNS NEXT TO THEM, so I get his aggro too. I kill him. Its not over yet. A FOURTH FUCKING WB SPAWNS. I kill that too, I rush over to hack my first, I hack it, guess what? by the time I've finished hacking it, its gone. Fair enough. I think '2nd will do the same, ill hack the third'. I go to hack the third. I cant hack it. Why? BECAUSE ITS ON A FUCKING HILL! I CANT HACK A FUCKING WARBOT BECAUSE ITS ON A FUCKING SLOPE. BULL SHIT. I try aiming at it from the bottom of the hill, nothing. top of the hill, nothing. Ontop of the WB, nothing. I go to hack the fourth Warbot. woot! I can hack this one. I hack him, HAHA! GUESS FUCKING WHAT? A SPIDERBOT AND A WARBOT TITAN HAVE SPAWNED ON TOP OF ME! THIS IS BULL SHIT! I wake up from the hack, Warbot is on the hill above me, I have 0 HP, it jumps up to 35 HP. I slap a heal on. The spiderbot is behind me, he hits me FUCKING ONCE, and im back to 0 HP. 2 HP. 5 HP. dead. FUCKING DEAD. I had no fucking chance.

Make it so you can tell your being fucking attacked while in hack mode, sort out your spawn patterns, and sort out the hacking-on-a-slope shit.

Also, while im at it, WHY CANT WE BUFF UP ON A SLOPE????

ezza
23-07-04, 15:58
there there nevermind sonny :p

Opar
23-07-04, 15:59
there there nevermind sonny :p

kos :p

I was fighting for KK this morning, saying the game doesn't have as many bugs as people think.

I've changed my mind.

garyu69
23-07-04, 16:00
did you get any tech parts though?

Opar
23-07-04, 16:01
did you get any tech parts though?

During the one hour hunt, I got 2 techs.

formori
23-07-04, 16:02
yeah, can you make unlooted WBs stay around for a bit longer so we get a change to loot them all :)

ezza
23-07-04, 16:04
personally i hate the 00.00 time clear up where all the dead mobs bodies disappear

SorkZmok
23-07-04, 16:09
Make it so you can tell your being fucking attacked while in hack mode, sort out your spawn patterns, and sort out the hacking-on-a-slope shit.Yeah, i wish hackers would get the same warning as droners when the body gets hit. Worst is when you hack a WB successfully just to find out you are dead already and the pker who shot your back can also loot the WB you hacked WHILE YOU WERE DEAD. This is ridiculous.

Oh and that slope thing sucks too.

/edit

personally i hate the 00.00 time clear up where all the dead mobs bodies disappearHell yeah. One time i lost 5 dead warbots to it. And it took me so damn long to kill em all at once. :(

DonnyJepp
23-07-04, 16:29

First thing that fucks me off, I attack a Warbot, kill it, because there was another warbot and a spiderbot standing next to it, I got their aggro too, fair enough.

I kill the spiderbot, I kill the warbot, as im killing them, ANOTHER FUCKING WARBOT SPAWNS NEXT TO THEM, so I get his aggro too. I kill him. Its not over yet. A FOURTH FUCKING WB SPAWNS. I kill that too, I rush over to hack my first, I hack it, guess what? by the time I've finished hacking it, its gone. Fair enough. I think '2nd will do the same, ill hack the third'. I go to hack the third. I cant hack it. Why? BECAUSE ITS ON A FUCKING HILL! I CANT HACK A FUCKING WARBOT BECAUSE ITS ON A FUCKING SLOPE. BULL SHIT. I try aiming at it from the bottom of the hill, nothing. top of the hill, nothing. Ontop of the WB, nothing. I go to hack the fourth Warbot. woot! I can hack this one. I hack him, HAHA! GUESS FUCKING WHAT? A SPIDERBOT AND A WARBOT TITAN HAVE SPAWNED ON TOP OF ME! THIS IS BULL SHIT! I wake up from the hack, Warbot is on the hill above me, I have 0 HP, it jumps up to 35 HP. I slap a heal on. The spiderbot is behind me, he hits me FUCKING ONCE, and im back to 0 HP. 2 HP. 5 HP. dead. FUCKING DEAD. I had no fucking chance.

Make it so you can tell your being fucking attacked while in hack mode, sort out your spawn patterns, and sort out the hacking-on-a-slope shit.

When that happens where you can't hack the warbot on the slope, just relog as fast as possible. The warbot shows up a little ways away from where your client thought it was. Then you can hack it fine if there is time remaining.

This bug has been present in the game since it was released. :mad:

MjukisDjur
23-07-04, 16:58
You must stand at the end of the slope becuase it will have slided to the bottom but not updated the graphics.
Or relogg. The wb usually show where it "really is" then :)

Techi
23-07-04, 17:14
as far as buffing on a slope, I've not had many problems with that....

Social-Zero
23-07-04, 17:14
You can those hill warbots eventually when you wait a bit and continue to try

Selendor
23-07-04, 17:25
I see you didn't experience the REAL killer bug of this piece, and thats when an invisible warbot spawns somewhere around you and you have no idea which way to run away - died more times to that than any other living mob.

Mantiz
23-07-04, 18:03
I also like the wallhacking / invisible CA guards in P1 that attack you while you are inside the outfitter room... :o

Sakletare
23-07-04, 18:07
You must stand at the end of the slope becuase it will have slided to the bottom but not updated the graphics.
Or relogg. The wb usually show where it "really is" then :)
Yes, if you have the time; relog. After the relog you'll see the spot where the WB actually are.

Sorin
23-07-04, 19:59
Those are the two bugs that piss me off the most. The midnight vanishing bodies bug and that one where you can't hack something because the client is retarded and isn't reporting the real position of the damn warbot. Relogging is bad, mmkay.

But the vanishing at midnight one is the worst. I've lost track of how many warbots I've lost, including multiple warbots at the same time, to that damn bug. Or feature, or it doesnt-exist-we-dont-know-what-you-are-talking-about or whatever the hell it is.

Mr_Snow
23-07-04, 20:04
Just a tip dont hack warbots at a known spawn point, its suicide.

SorkZmok
23-07-04, 20:08
Just a tip dont hack warbots at a known spawn point, its suicide.Or get some resiists and do it exactly at a spawn point. Constant killing/hacking till you get bored of it. Thats how i do it. :)

Dee Zaster
23-07-04, 20:09
I see you didn't experience the REAL killer bug of this piece, and thats when an invisible warbot spawns somewhere around you and you have no idea which way to run away - died more times to that than any other living mob.

Or when you run up to a Substandard Cyberguard to "one-shot" kill it only to find out it's a warbot in disguise...

Sorin
23-07-04, 20:14
Or when you run up to a Substandard Cyberguard to "one-shot" kill it only to find out it's a warbot in disguise...

Happened to me at Escador once. I kept shooting this rattlesnake but nothing was happening. Relog, Doy bot in disguise.

Shakari
23-07-04, 20:14

yup had 2 titans do that to a group of us hehe

was 9 of us at 1st, only I managed to run away LOL

NC would be soo boring if it was't for all the bugs .... Annoying YES ... add unpredicatability YES LOL

Shadow Dancer
23-07-04, 20:16

Oh god....

I *hate* that.

whifix
23-07-04, 20:59
The big problem here is server client syncronization. A problem that shows its ugly face by mob's and players attacking you from around walls, warbots being unhackable due to incorrect location information, health/buff/drugs being missreported as being in operation when really they are not. It's very annoying and I do not thing DoY will bring a fix to it. I'm hoping like everyone else that it does though.

Biznatchy
23-07-04, 21:08
Well yes these bugs are bad and need to be fixed, but here is a trick to keep dead warbots on the ground till you have time to hack them.

Attemp to open the warbot and get a couple of Damn Locked messages. That will keep the dead warbot from going till you have time to hack it. If you kill like 5 warbots just right click all 5 hack one right click the other 4 hack the next. If you do this they wont vanish and you will have time to keep your self healed and buffed so if they do spawn on you it wont be so bad.

Also the place you get the locked msg is the spot you can hack, but not the place you can loot on some of the hill bugs. But a fast relog will sort the mobs true position.

good luck

-FN-
23-07-04, 21:35
Somoene needs to take some valium... But he did label the thread [RANT] so I guess it's fair :)

Menolak
24-07-04, 03:04

That bug is awesome...lol

Some of my noob questions on help/trade regarding this, a long time ago...
(before I understood dogtags, and the fact they only dropped when you get PK'd)

: Which sniper rifle does electric shock damage?
Can PPU's stealth and para?
Can Spy's shock me while in stealth?

lol
Awesome..
GG KK:p

I wouldn't mind understanding the uber-secret to successfully targeting and hacking dead hoverbombers..........

cornelius5
24-07-04, 05:43
it is possible to keep the unhacked WB's "on screen" for as long as you want, by right clicking the corpse, i guess it resets the dead bodys timer when u do.
i do it often at emmerson, when i have to keep 6 dead wb's from disappearing before i hack them all...
biznatchy got to it before i did..and more eloquently.

Ramzi
24-07-04, 05:49

Seems like you've finally understood what I am always bitching about on trade-nc.

Birkoff
24-07-04, 05:59
Stand at the bottom of the slope you can hack. THis does make solo hunting a bt annoying. Especially as a droner at times but i think you got it bad. It isn't usually that bad :)

And the buffing on a hill... dam i HATE that bug wiht a passion lol. Died to many times at redrock mine b/c i can't get shelter up after de buff.

Omnituens
24-07-04, 09:27
During the one hour hunt, I got 2 techs.
+ the 150 from my apt :p

notneo
24-07-04, 11:53
yes at least make it so you can tell you are taking damage,because untill hacknet you are not really hacking but doing a high tech lock pick,and you can see what else is happening when you lock pick,at worst allow you team to tell you to disengage

Chaos81
24-07-04, 22:51
Trying hunting with friends - it's fairly safe that way.

Ramzi
24-07-04, 22:53
Trying hunting with friends - it's fairly safe that way.

So we're forced to hunt with friends... just so we don't die to bugs?

Yeah, great idea.

Chaos81
24-07-04, 22:56
So we're forced to hunt with friends... just so we don't die to bugs?

Yeah, great idea.

It's not a bug. When you hack you are placing yourself into a position of vulnerability, but it seems when people die it becomes unfair.

I have a friend that goes out by himself and hasn't died hacking warbots.
Why? It's because he doesn't suck at it.

Or are you using that as an excuse because you don't have friends?

Ramzi
24-07-04, 23:04
It's not a bug. When you hack you are placing yourself into a position of vulnerability, but it seems when people die it becomes unfair.

I have a friend that goes out by himself and hasn't died hacking warbots.
Why? It's because he doesn't suck at it.

Or are you using that as an excuse because you don't have friends?

Yeah, I don't really deal in making friends with people on a game I don't know irl.

I wasn't talking about hacking, half this thread is people bitching about invisible warbots, tons of shit spawning on top of you etc.

Why are you trying to attack me? I don't even fucking hunt warbots, I just get my rares by buying them or whatever, anyway pal if you want to argue and flame me, feel free, but do it on another message board as this is carebear central and I won't be able to reply accordingly :)

Edit: hahaha I just read "you don't have friends?"

Sorry but this is an online game not highschool, it isn't a popularity contest champ.

Juht
24-07-04, 23:10
Hunting solo as a rifle spy is unique, most everyone else has to fight within range of your enemies attack.

This being said, it's your responsibility to make sure you have enough life and/or buffs going while you hack. I always put a deflector and heal up just before I start my hack. When I start the hack, if I can't find a circuit where I can force the hack opponent to use all its signals in the first 2 seconds, then I hit ESC and try again. Doing this, along with forcing all signals to be used, my hacks are generally 5-10 seconds long at the most. This can be used pretty much on any mob that needs to be hacked. Belts and likewise difficult hacks are another story and I won't discuss any strategies there.

Edit: Wouldn't hurt to have the static effect show up when you are being attacked in hack. The same effect when drones are hit, that is. Blood just might not have the right effect...

Chaos81
24-07-04, 23:12
Yeah, I don't really deal in making friends with people on a game I don't know irl.

I wasn't talking about hacking, half this thread is people bitching about invisible warbots, tons of shit spawning on top of you etc.

Why are you trying to attack me? I don't even fucking hunt warbots, I just get my rares by buying them or whatever, anyway pal if you want to argue and flame me, feel free, but do it on another message board as this is carebear central and I won't be able to reply accordingly :)

I don't view that as attack, but you should really take a look at your logic.

Invisible warbots are extremely rare and mobs spawning are a part of the game that everyone KNOWS. If you go fight high mobs alone you are bound to die if you aren't careful.

Why is the use of foul language going to change any kind of debate? IMO the need to go to another forum (non-carebear) would only serve to degrade people's intellect. I guess if you get to call me more names it means you win?

That's all I have to say and I really don't care to argue it any further.

Edit: So you are saying you don't have friends?

Ramzi
24-07-04, 23:44
I don't go out of my way to make "friends" in a game, just so I can play it effectively because of the mass amount of bugs, no.

Anyway man you're obviously new to the game if you're still defending it, anyone who's been here for a decent amount of time wouldn't have the same viewpoints as yourself.

When you die to stupid stuff like the bug where you bring up a quickbelt item, and it puts it away when you fire, getting stuck in doors, or getting stuck in crates, people seeing through your stealth because their client is messed up (or for whatever reason), invisible mobs, walled mobs, etc etc. maybe you'll understand why people don't defend KK.

Chaos81
25-07-04, 23:21
Ehh try not to make assumptions, because like you i've been here since beta.