PDA

View Full Version : is this game worth paying to play anymore?

WebShock
23-07-04, 12:07
Whats the deal with this game? In the past 2 months there has been so many rollbacks disconnections and lets not even talk about the FRE's

this is a MMORPG?
where are the masses? This game can barely support 500 people in its prime on one server.

It's bs. This game for the past 2 years looks more and more like a nc2 beta.

Why am i slagging KK?

Because your service is terrible. Utterly unacceptable. If KK was a broad-band ISP, and the only one available, I would go back to a dial-up connection as it would be more reliable.

I pay to play KK. Take some of that money and do what needs to be done. I should never experience what I have endured in the last few months.

From a dissapointed devoted customer

Wheres the comment box at?

ezza
23-07-04, 12:14
well i would say yes, as personally i still enjoy the game.

however with all the server outages, and low population, and with recent leaving of members from the clan i can understand you wanting to jack it in.

perhaps just give it a break till DoY unless you got something you wanted to get sorted before then

WebShock
23-07-04, 12:20
I dont want a break, the only reason i still play is because when the game works the way its supposed to, its fun.

whats worse that a FRE?

not being able to log on due to a issue on the KK side or some ridiculous roll back.

how about the solution to a exploit being the disabling of a trade skill because they cant figure out a way to fix it.

mock.

ezza
23-07-04, 12:23
nothin i can say then will sway you if you want to leave.

-REMUS-
23-07-04, 12:26
Becuase this game is still using DX7 and we are all using 8.1 or 9 cards?

I still enjoy this game, ever after I was hacked I still enjoy it. Was cool how many people offered help and support.

Don't let the minority bring you down this game is still 98% cool, problem is every 1 or 2 days you clash with a retard who plays this game for a completely different reason, and it jades your veiw of the game.

In LA2 there were two roll backs (one in beta and another in retail) and they didnt even mention it to us.

Your going to get alot of fanboi's saying "if you dont like it fuck off" and stuff, dont listen to em, wait for doy and see what the future brings.

Morpheous
23-07-04, 12:42
Yes. It's the players that make this game fun, and we on Pluto don't mind that much if the server goes down a bit, we just go and do something else.

To me the whole PvP thing is a sideline, it's the RP i'm interested in.

To quote a signature, "Neocron is a MMORPG" . And it's the RPing in that that works very well.

Menolak
23-07-04, 12:45
This game still rocks...
Sometimes the bugs are really funny, I'm a patient guy, resume IS pretty quick.
FRE's suck.
Dying because of bugs and inventory disappearing sucks. Rollbacks really suck.

I love this game, but Beyond the Dome of york better be REALLY good..
You have to love this game to understand it, but there are lots of games I'd like to have, and I can't afford to pay monthly fees on 4 different games. 2 Neocron accounts is bad enough. Eventually, only the games that work will have priority.
It is a logical and inevitable conclusion, if we are not rewarded for our patience in September.
I don't know about you, but personally, I really don't know if I'd stick around for NC classic if there's no BDoy..eventually, there ARE reasonable limits.

WebShock
23-07-04, 12:45
let me clear this up, this isnt a leaving thread. its a bitch at kk for having shitty service but in a way that the thread wont get locked or worse, deleted

they are all concentrating on the doy release and have let this game decay to worthlessness.

i hope doy is your saving grace kk. cuz if stuff is as bad as it is now, i wont have a choice but to leave. so many awesome games out there at the same time as nc2

guild wars
wow
sw:G (hey i havent heard of a rollback there)
the new cs (forget what its called, due out soon)
doom 3 ( the originators of "when its done" tm
HL 2

Ramzi
23-07-04, 12:48
in my sig i think there's a collective population count of 134 people, and one server is offline.

i logged onto eq, and in ONE zone, there was i thikn 79 people, on the lowest population server (sullon zek).

if that isn't a mock i dont know what is.

WebShock
23-07-04, 12:52
Yes. It's the players that make this game fun, and we on Pluto don't mind that much if the server goes down a bit, we just go and do something else.

To me the whole PvP thing is a sideline, it's the RP i'm interested in.

To quote a signature, "Neocron is a MMORPG" . And it's the RPing in that that works very well.how the feck am i supposed to RP if i cant get on the fuckin servers there smrat guy...

also, wtf is up with saturn... its been weeks since the database took a shit and i still have that mission accomplished spam. wtf... KK if you cant fix it at least say so, dont say you are working on it, go through server maintanace and it the bug still lives. Not being able to do missions is just the icing on this rotting cake.

/edit

my fondest apologies menolak

feel free to mock meh :D

Tratos
23-07-04, 12:54
Well the points are in balance as are the options.

KK are using your money, to get NC2 out which will hopfully (/me prays) sort out the majority of the FRE troubles and with the new servers bought with our (the customers money) the netcode will (/me prays again) be imporved drastically to sort the syncing problems and then with our money the new servers will be able to cope with ALOT more people like 1000 per server, yeah thats not ALOT of people but it is for neocron and think thats a pretty realistic goal tbh.

KK are using the money of players to fix alot of what you have said just not at thie moment in time.

Its just a dissapointment that some of these things, especialy bugs which they can probably or even deffinetly fix before NC2 arnt being done but lets just hope NC2 will be the reliable game we are hoping for and that it is a sucess.

The only thing we the current player base can do is wait it out :( untill those NC2 servers go live and we can enjoy (/me prays yet again) the reliable game we are all paying to get and play.

Menolak
23-07-04, 13:02
how the feck am i supposed to RP if i cant get on the fuckin servers there smrat guy...

also, wtf is up with saturn... its been weeks since the database took a shit and i still have that mission accomplished spam. wtf... KK if you cant fix it at least say so, dont say you are working on it, go through server maintanace and it the bug still lives. Not being able to do missions is just the icing on this rotting cake.
Psstt..you quoted the wrong person...

Nidhogg
23-07-04, 13:02
in my sig i think there's a collective population count of 134 people, and one server is offline.

i logged onto eq, and in ONE zone, there was i thikn 79 people, on the lowest population server (sullon zek).
I see, so you're comparing the population of the Neocron servers while experiencing connection problems (may even be pre-announced maintenance for all I know) to some other game that isn't? Very representative. My car goes faster than a crashed F1 car, did I ever tell you that?

if that isn't a mock i dont know what is.
No comment.

N

Menolak
23-07-04, 13:04
I see, so you're comparing the population of the Neocron servers while experiencing connection problems (may even be pre-announced maintenance for all I know) to some other game that isn't? Very representative. My car goes faster than a crashed F1 car, did I ever tell you that?

No comment.

N
LMAO!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!Ramzi gets pwned by Niddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phunqe
23-07-04, 13:07

No comment.

N

I can now have an excellent weekend... Thanks :p ;)

(Hopefully including quality time without swans o_O)

Tratos
23-07-04, 13:13
I can now have an excellent weekend... Thanks :p ;)

(Hopefully including quality time without swans o_O)
phunqe <3 swans

Bravo on the pwnage Niddy, lol

Sakletare
23-07-04, 13:16
To quote myself from the server down thread:

I really hope all the recent server problems are due to the work on Doy.

Ramzi
24-07-04, 03:47

No comment.

N

The game is like this nonstop, how else would I compare it?

The day once a month when nothing fucks up?

The crashed F1 car vs your pos car is a good representation btw, the F1 car has the same reliability as Neocron for running smooth.

TheGreatMilenko
24-07-04, 06:14
No....

ou7blaze
24-07-04, 06:27
Nope this game is rubbish I think im cancelling my subscription.

I'm sick and tired of this game and for wasting my money, i have things better to then FRE all the time and lag like a bitch.

I don't know why everyone is being so good at KK, don't give me bullcrap about we're only paying so little a month compared to other gamecompanies who charge u alot more (eg, CoH).

Also, i will return in DoY but if i EVER, EVER get a SINGLE FRE or TWO i'm leaving the game for good, i mean u have an excellent game with one of the best community (ironically though of only 300+) supporting you so well with ideas thrown at you (i mean ffs you dont even have to think for urselves and just implement the ideas yourself.)

Also the maps are so rubbish, i know some mappers from my school who could map better than your bunch of 12 year olds.

For example take a look at the "NEW(tm)" Plaza revamps.

What a fucking joke LOL, it's the same, if not then a bit darker and a bit taller, like fucking WOW!!!!

You guys are pathetic, after my subscription ends im not paying anymore.

ou7blaze
24-07-04, 06:29
Also, do you realise that counterstrike is a free game and even that has got loads of updates every month or even at weeks.

Yes I understand MMORPG's are much more complicated to update and patch but I see hmmm it really does take 1 year+ to fix an FRE which EVERYONE gets.

PATHETIC is the word for KK, enough of this KKeep the faith joke.

Ramzi
24-07-04, 06:53
I guess the truth hurts eh Nid?

No more witty disses when it's the truth~

Celt
24-07-04, 07:06

No comment.

N301 people on all 5 servers.
Eve has 4265 on the one.

On another note, why does everyone chime in like some petty cheerleader every time nidhogg makes a silly sarcy comment with such charming messages as "you go girlfriend!" and "speaketh the word!"?

Grow up.

Chaos81
24-07-04, 07:36
Nope it still rocks. End of story.

Chaos81
24-07-04, 07:59
Also, do you realise that counterstrike is a free game and even that has got loads of updates every month or even at weeks.

Yes I understand MMORPG's are much more complicated to update and patch but I see hmmm it really does take 1 year+ to fix an FRE which EVERYONE gets.

Byeee! KK does this game with a very small team (and likely little funding) and has made IMO a fun game, which is more then I can say for you. I can live with the FREs for now and hopefully everything will be fixed with DoY.

I really don't see how supplying constant patches for bugs makes Counterstrike superior. It has a higher percentage of retards and hacks...i'd rather not, but thanks.

and1guy
24-07-04, 08:01
Yep, i might be canceling my accounts also.. i mean, its just not fun anymore.. sorry but sitting in p2 on pluto gets old, the people on venus are just RP'ing retards, uranus folks sorry but all you do is zerg people in PP, and saturn.. not even gonna comment on you folks.. Sorry for the bashing KK, but this game has turned into a big pile of .. stuff .. I mean, i died on my tank on uranus and used the GR to get my back pack, wow nothing came.. relog, exit for 5 minutes, zone etc etc. and hey i lose my CS move on/marine and lots of other stuff in my inventory.. wow what a good game. Oh wait heres the kicker, I just love your support KK. E-mailed 'em about 2 weeks ago about the problem, and hey havent got a single flippin reply about my problem.. THANKS! *cancels all 3 accounts*

edit: gonna try this game called PristonTale looks alright, and the game is free until you reach level 39, and then you start paying like 10 bucks a month..

Ramzi
24-07-04, 08:36
Byeee! KK does this game with a very small team (and likely little funding) and has made IMO a fun game, which is more then I can say for you. I can live with the FREs for now and hopefully everything will be fixed with DoY.

I really don't see how supplying constant patches for bugs makes Counterstrike superior. It has a higher percentage of retards and hacks...i'd rather not, but thanks.

I don't understand why people say "KK did this, let's see you do it."

Sorry but that's completely irrelevant.

We are paying customers, we have no urge to make a game, we want to play one. Why should we make a game if we just want to play?

Menolak
24-07-04, 09:59
On another note, why does everyone chime in like some petty cheerleader every time nidhogg makes a silly sarcy comment with such charming messages as "you go girlfriend!" and "speaketh the word!"?

Grow up.

C'mon Celt, lighten up..,yeah, NC's gotten pretty harsh lately, and we all flip-flop ( KOS KK!!!!to I love you KK , usually when someone gets what they want)
but, ya gotta admit, Niddy IS funny when he's on a roll
Legba rocks, but he's not usually a knee-slapper, and it's rare he jokes with us and comments like Niddy does, unless asked directly to intervene...

I've been on venus the past few days, letting Saturn calm down (don't want to do something just to lose it in a rollback, anyway..
Scene:Saturn, plaza 2: any given day: ``Shh...don't move, just whisper..OMFG!!!!You Fucking noob!!!!Put that heal away before you crash us all!!!! Don't you DARE zone, either!!!!!!!!!!``

Except for the usual FRE's and whatnot, the Saturn bugs don't seem to exist in venus land.

Wank3r
24-07-04, 10:56
I heard yesterday that Lineage 2 has nearly 4 million...Yes, 4 million players over it's servers...Does neocron have 4000? Perhaps just...

Celt
24-07-04, 10:57
C'mon Celt, lighten up..,yeah, NC's gotten pretty harsh lately, and we all flip-flop ( KOS KK!!!!to I love you KK , usually when someone gets what they want)
but, ya gotta admit, Niddy IS funny when he's on a roll
Legba rocks, but he's not usually a knee-slapper, and it's rare he jokes with us and comments like Niddy does, unless asked directly to intervene...
I dont mind niddy having a tantrum, but when people chime in, and other mods then edit replies to niddy's tantrum, then it's less humourous

Nidhogg
24-07-04, 11:29
I guess the truth hurts eh Nid?

No more witty disses when it's the truth~
I have better things to be doing at 05:53AM than engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

N

trigger hurt
24-07-04, 11:35
eh, I cancelled my account on sunday. it runs out on the 25th, but I haven't bothered logging in...uninstalled NC. been playing a web/text based RPG with a friend from work. it's nowhere near as exciting as neocron used to be...but at least I don't have to log on to my character to see the entire map owned by one faction.

I'm not sure how KK is going to pull it off, now that I am standing on the outside looking in. I tried to have faith in them, but to me, it's just one too many mistakes, one too many bad judgement calls for handling certain issues (remote repair tool) among other things that are driving people away from the game.

I honestly think now, that Neocron was an experiment to beta test "Neocron 2"...convenient that you change the name, this late in the game. Obviously, no ad campaigned was planned, otherwise they would have wasted a lot of money to pay for advertising for Neocron: BDoY to end up changing to "neocron 2". So, all this time, we've been beta testing for the real neocron, which is scheduled to come out in Sept and we've been paying for it.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

trigger hurt
24-07-04, 11:36
I have better things to be doing at 05:53AM than engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Nsays the guy moderating a forum at 5:35am.

i got hotpockets...mmm...hotpockets.

notneo
24-07-04, 11:43
ok this is the answer to all the problems

1,i like the game so i continue to play

2 ,got a few problems so i mail support and hope something gets done whilst making a few posts on the forum

3,i cancel my account

flaming and the use of foul language is the work of juviniles ,you can either play or quit

-Demon-
24-07-04, 11:46

1. In your other post you mention lag...sorry buddy you gonna get it on the wrong side of the world I should know..I lived in HK ages ago.

2. CS is supported by Valve...fucking Valve(who are loaded) for christ sake not exactly a fair comparision is it with KK who have done well for their size.

3. FRE's happen to some people more that others(possibly lag issues have been mentioned it the past, and it does seem I FRE less than other poeple from further afield)...and certainly there seems no pattern to them this would dictate that it would be quite hard to track down the bug.
FRE is annoying at best, it's as show stopping as some of the other bugs that have been fixed.

Dirk_Gently
24-07-04, 11:50
Since I started running scandisk and defrag everyday I don't get FREs. (My ISP keep cutting me off but they do that anyway).

I am not running a particularly powerful system and I do not get FREs unless I am running 2 clients on one PC and even then only occasionally.

I really don't understand why you are all getting them.

And I still like the game after two years.

Nidhogg
24-07-04, 11:56
says the guy moderating a forum at 5:35am.

i got hotpockets...mmm...hotpockets.
It's nearly 11 where I am.

N

amfest
24-07-04, 11:59
sw:G (hey i havent heard of a rollback there)

I don't know about after launch but there were several rollbacks when SW:G first launched. I recall this because forums here were pointing fingers and laughing constantly.

Don't know if there were anymore later though.

Dirk_Gently
24-07-04, 12:03
I don't know about after launch but there were several rollbacks when SW:G first launched. I recall this because forums here were pointing fingers and laughing constantly.

Don't know if there were anymore later though.

I played SWG for about two and a half weeks when it first launched in the UK. I got rolled back perhaps as much as 4 times (it may have only been two and just seems like 4) and saw about 3 other people ingame. SOE are clever though and didn't put server counts up so you didn't realise there were only 11 people on the server.

greendonkeyuk
24-07-04, 15:47
swg is currently running a 14 day trial. try it out, i thought it sucked balls personally but i know people who love it more than their mums.

Marx
24-07-04, 15:49
Either leave or don't - but make up your own damned mind.

Tomalak
24-07-04, 16:02
I dont mind niddy having a tantrum, but when people chime in, and other mods then edit replies to niddy's tantrum, then it's less humourous

Good point, didn't look at it from that perspective. Freedom of Speech should work both ways.
Point taken :)
+1 Rep for Celt...
should look me up on Venus sometime

mishkin
24-07-04, 16:03
/edit, bleh, didn't think it through :)

trigger hurt
24-07-04, 16:42
It's nearly 11 where I am.

N
stupid time zones. :(

Conner MacManus
24-07-04, 17:02
I heard yesterday that Lineage 2 has nearly 4 million...Yes, 4 million players over it's servers...Does neocron have 4000? Perhaps just...

Yeah, would be great, a server full with 4 million korean and japanese speaking poeple.

Edit: I played the korean and japanese beta of Lineage 2, it is something TOTALLY different in gameplay, you can't compare it with Neocron. And yes there were several 10000s of poeple online even in beta. If you like DaoC, maybe you'll like Lineage2. If you like to tag a mob, press "attack" and wait until it's dead, there are several games to play, but not like Neocron.

Ryman
24-07-04, 18:21
I can understand that KK doesn`t waste too much time with the current game as it will be all over in a short time from now when NC2 is released , and im sure they have plenty to do to get NC2 out on time ,but With people getting restless with the current situation im supprised KK dont try to calm people ......maybe by giving us more snips of info on NC2 , at least that will give people something else to think about

Chaos81
24-07-04, 19:14
ok this is the answer to all the problems

1,i like the game so i continue to play

2 ,got a few problems so i mail support and hope something gets done whilst making a few posts on the forum

3,i cancel my account

flaming and the use of foul language is the work of juviniles ,you can either play or quit

Well said.