PDA

View Full Version : Hang over cures.

Dribble Joy
23-07-04, 12:04
I need one.
I had ten pints last night, one of which was a strongbow.
I feel like shite.
Help please.

Opar
23-07-04, 12:10
Dont drink in the first place.

phunqe
23-07-04, 12:12
Bananas and room temped coca cola, with the carbon dioxide shaken out.

eric-the-ded
23-07-04, 12:13
Dont drink in the first place.

i concur most indubitably.

n3m
23-07-04, 12:18
stick your finger in the back of your throat, be sure to be at the toilet or outside.
Drink another pint.

bi0
23-07-04, 12:19
you booze you loose pal

LTA
23-07-04, 12:24
Drink more....

Water to rehydrate yourself.... eggs (spose to help the kidneys get rid of the alcohol faster) and err lots more water and some asprin or sain :p

Max Jefferson
Kawphy

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kawphy&r=f

eric-the-ded
i guess i'll use this thread to try to curb my curiocity.
i've never understood why people like getting drunk. especially after having experienced it myself.
what's so enjoyable about it? is it the nausia? is it the headaches? is it the tunnel vision? the depression? the numbness? the inability to speak clearly? the odor? blackouts? violent outbursts?
what the hell makes it fun?
help me out here. i've never quite grasped the concept. i need input.
please s'plain.

n3m
23-07-04, 12:28
its the fun that makes it fun

phunqe
23-07-04, 12:28
i've never understood why people like getting drunk. especially after having experienced it myself.
what's so enjoyable about it? is it the nausia? is it the headaches? is it the tunnel vision? the depression? the numbness? the inability to speak clearly? the odor? blackouts? violent outbursts?
please s'plain.

Probably the "drug effect".

I don't know really. I preffer socially drinking anyway.
Being half-italian and raised more by the italian school I don't have have the Nordic "drunken way" in me.

I rather smoke one once in a while instead of getting drunk. Alcohol in those propertions is quite bad for your body.

LTA
23-07-04, 12:30
Just a side effect of enjoying a very social night out for me, i don't go out to get pissed, i go out to have a few drinks and enjoy myself, just sometimes you have a few more than you need and you end up drunk...

Max Jefferson
23-07-04, 12:30
please s'plain.Some people have better drunken experiences then others...

Some black out and forget things. Some spew up everywhere and feel generally ill. Some discover the meaning of life and hug everyone around them while proclaiming "I love you guys.". Some people just giggle uncontrollably. And unfortunately, some people just get violent :(

I like to think I fall into the "I love you guys" category, and so for me, getting drunk is quite relaxing. If getting drunk just doesn't do it for you, don't get drunk... save money :)

Dribble Joy
23-07-04, 12:31
It was a friends birthday, we went out to a few pubs.
I don't feel bad when I am drinking, the feeling can be quite pleasant, I had a great time, but I didn't do as I usually do and drink water when I get home, I was too drunk....

-REMUS-
23-07-04, 12:34
I was going to make fun of your consitution but I won't :D

Best way is to drink a few pints of water before you go to bed, if you wake up with a head ache, drink some fruit juice take a few pain killers and go for a walk and try to burn off the toxins in your system.

Either that or go back to bed :p

eric-the-ded
23-07-04, 12:35
guess it effects people differently.
being drunk made me want to die. in fact i even attempted suicide.
good thing i was too plastered to pull it off.

btw. our car was totalled 3 times in one year while it was parked. drunk drivers failing to avoid i big white immoble car.
one such lush tried to make it a hit and run, but the dumb bastard's licence plate was stuck under the back bumper.
when the cops came they were like "well did ya see the car"
we said "nope. but here's his plates."
"well that was easy. have a nice night."

so that and the fact that booze has a horrible effect on me gives me a biased opinion toward drunks.

phunqe
23-07-04, 12:45
An escape from reality is often quite relaxing and a needed break for many people, since it makes you perceive the world in a different way (often in a positive way).

The usage of drug substances will never stop as long as we don't get a 1984. What disturbs me is that we're not allowed to make a wiser choice (if you don't want to break the law in most coutries) than alcohol.
It's so much bullshit and double sided morals involved that it makes me sick.

Well, it's been discussed before and I don't intend to start it here :p

Instead, I'll let people and the politicians drink themselves to stupidity and death while I sit in the comfort of my own home... making my wiser choice.

Dribble Joy
23-07-04, 12:48
Drink driving is so totally daft.
My mate tried driving his moped home after one session, even after we told him not to (we were in the queue for a club and he wandered past).
The police found him doing 10mph and not exactly in a straight line.
Got an 18 month ban.

phunqe
23-07-04, 12:50
No offense intended... but if you drive while drunk you should be f*cking shot on sight. I swear to something... if I ever were subject to a drunk driver he would get smacked so hard I would probably end up fined or in jail.

I can't even begin to describe what I think of such behaviour... arghhh... It makes me so friggin mad I could strangle them on the spot.

LTA
23-07-04, 12:54
No offense intended... but if you drive while drunk you should be f*cking shot on sight. I swear to something... if I ever were subject to a drunk driver he would get smacked so hard I would probably end up fined or in jail.

I can't even begin to describe what I think of such behaviour... arghhh... It makes me so friggin mad I could strangle them on the spot.
*agrees*

:)

Freaky Fryd
23-07-04, 12:59
Lots of water or a revitalizing drink like Gatorade.
Also, take some vitamins...

phunqe
23-07-04, 13:02
Your whole body is out of whack basically... Bananas are good to get the cells' Na-Ca osmosis back to normal :p

funkeymonkey
23-07-04, 13:10
Dont drink at all? How boring that would be, never going out on the piss with your mates.

Drink a pint of water before u go to bed, and take a pint with u for when u wake up. Take a multi vitiman tablet before u go to bed as well. The next day take sugar with ur coffee and eat sugary things (but obvoiusly dont over do it).

Also honey is supposed to help but i could never be botherd with that.

Some people just stay drunk lol. Ive heard hangovers result from when u come off the alcohol suddenly, its a drug so the hangover u get is the result of stoping taking the drug suddenly. Supposadly if u weed urself off it then u shouldnt have a hang over, then again after 10 pints u have prob had enough :)

Though u could just move to weed, better being high than being drunk and u have no hang over the next day. The perfect drug.

LTA
23-07-04, 13:13
Though u could just move to weed, better being high than being drunk and u have no hang over the next day. The perfect drug.
Just lung cancer etc :D

but yeah weed>alcohol most times unless your in a club, then being stoned can make the night very dull when you cba to move of your ass to goto the bar :p

tiikeri
23-07-04, 13:14
water and sugar..

Basicly its easier to avoid getting hangover than trying to cure it afterwards.
Just drink 1-2 litres of water before you pass out.. and try to eat something.
And keep eating even tho you vomit it out.. imo it's nicer to puke something out than just the stomachfluids :)

Paradis
23-07-04, 13:15
Lard is the only answer. That and gallons of fat coke. Stuff your face all day with sausage sarnies, coke and painkillers until you feel better. Then drink a vat of lager. Rinse and repeat. Better than levelling :o

Freaky Fryd
23-07-04, 13:42

If you're going to move to harsher drugs than alcohol, G will give you a buzz/feeling like being drunk, except no hangover, it's cheaper, quicker to kick in and lasts quite nicely.

Personally, I stay away from anything other than alcohol.

phunqe
23-07-04, 13:44
Pesonally, I would stay AWAY from alcohol :p

Just pick up a science journal or read up on microbiology and compare alcohol to Ms Jane :p

Kain
23-07-04, 13:47
Best cure I have ever had was provided by my brother, a heavy drinking rugby playing doctor.

Was 2 strange looking red and white pain killers, not sure the name but were definately only available on perscription.

2 pro-plus cos the pain killers made you fall asleep.

2 laxatives as the pain killers bunged you up.

Wait one hour and you were ready to start again.

Talking about idiots drink driving, I have a number of friends in a little town in Wiltshire UK called Trowbridge, was the county town for a long time till it was realisedthat most of the population had questionable sanity.

I buy my herbage there as seems to that every other person grows it. West country of the UK is where all the hippies seem end up.

Anyway Trowbridge is also full of muppets.

X after a hard night down the pub thought, after walking home, that it would be a good idea to go get some fuel for work the next morning.

So off he goes on his moped to the garage. Get the fuel and is nearly home when he loses control and ends up going through the hedge next to his house.
Unfortunately there is a police car just the other side of the hedge lurking with a speed camera catching cars etc as they go round the corner.

Imagine their surprise when a moped appears through the hedge next to them.

X obviously v drunk staggers off the bike, which is still running, and slowly realises who is next to them.

Policeman asks him to turn off the vehicle. This he does by pullin two wires apart, he had lost his keys earlier in the week an so had "hot-wired" the bike.

This generates even more interest from mr policeman.

But quick search of there computer confirm the bike is actually his.

Now they want to breathalyse him. Unfortunately they dont have the kit.

Being a reasonably honest fellow immediately admits to be being very drunk.

Police proceedures being what they are, they make him wait an hour for another car to deliver a kit.

All this is occuring outside his house, but neither his house mates or his girlfriend notice, probably too stoned I guess.

Test reveals he is just under twice the legal limit.

So they take him to the local police station. The officer on the desk recognised him as he has had several previous visits to the same station the year before (cultivation and a disturbance of the peace involving his ex's new boyfriend) and because officer is a friend of the family!

Officer advices him to wait for a blood test as the breathalysers can be inaccurate! But X loudly proclaims its a fair cop, he is very drunk, and for them to please prepare his cell as he is very tired.

Result was a year ban and £200 fine.

Every time I go to trowbridge there's a new story. So far nobody has been seriously hurt....

Kain

slaughteruall
23-07-04, 14:18
Have another beer. Best cure there is.

ufora
23-07-04, 14:25
a hangover is there as a reminder of what a good night out you had

have some like bacon or sumthing, it will either make u puke the alchohol out or it will taste great!

athon
23-07-04, 14:56
IrnBru is supposed to be a good hangover cure, tho as I don't drink alcohol I haven't put that to the test.

Athon Solo

J. Folsom
23-07-04, 15:18
please s'plain.
There's a difference between drinking a bit and drinking until you're sick. Most people fall under the latter category however, and I don't understand those, but the people who fall under the first category don't get any of those things you get. :p

---

Also, the real cure is the following:

Hair of the dog that bit you
Raw Egg
Red Peppers

Warning: Taking this might result in people mistaking you for dead.

wayoc
23-07-04, 15:20
Just do like german friends learned me: the counter-beer. Just one to take again the good flight level without waking all the others up.
Oh, and of course lots of water...
Hang on ;)

Lexxuk
23-07-04, 15:28
Beer, helping ugly people get laid since 1869 :p

Mr_Snow
23-07-04, 15:31
Beer, helping ugly people get laid since 1869 :p

Speaking from your own experience Lexx? :p

DJ use the traditional Irish remedy of whiskey to get over your hangovers.

djskum
23-07-04, 15:31
I had a load of red wine to drink last night, feeling a little ropey. However I've just had 6 vodka jellies and feel fine now.

Works for me...

DjSKum

slaughteruall
23-07-04, 15:38
yeah you really should just down another beer as soon as you wake up. Then start getting ready for work or what not. Works every time.

Lexxuk
23-07-04, 15:38
Speaking from your own experience Lexx? :p

DJ use the traditional Irish remedy of whiskey to get over your hangovers.

moi? I'm one of the sensible people, i rarely drink and if I do, my limit is two pints :p besides, i'm god damn gorgeous :D

tiikeri
23-07-04, 16:14
I wouldn't recomend taking another zip at the morning.. that leads to alcoholism.. cause brains will adapt to that, and eventually you'll just have to take a zip all the time :/

eric-the-ded
23-07-04, 16:18
There's a difference between drinking a bit and drinking until you're sick. Most people fall under the latter category however, and I don't understand those, but the people who fall under the first category don't get any of those things you get. :p

seriously. for me there's never a fun stage.
it skips directly to hating everything then it goes to getting painfully sick which makes me hate even harder. there's no giggling or "i love you, man" stages for me.

last time i drank was new years 98/99. it scared the hell out of everyone around me.
they'd glance over to me sitting there with my hair in my face and burning holes in everyone with my eyes then they'd quickly look away. eventually that anger and hate turned inwards and i went searching for a shotgun. then the sickness hit me and puked on their kitchen floor. then i decided to drive home hoping to end up under a mac truck. luckily i made it home fine and didn't kill anyone.
later when i realized what i had done and what i tried to do, i decided that i had experienced enough of that and never had a drink since. (besides a very small sip of bubbly at my aunt's wedding)

it's like the extreme opposite of prozak for me.

svenw
23-07-04, 16:20
It's rather easy to avoid the worst parts of an hangover. Drink water, lots of it, before you get to sleep. Of cause you will need to piss over night but drink some water then too. Most problems of an hangover are caused by dehydration so drinking (water, not another beer :D)a lot helps a lot.

virgil caine
23-07-04, 23:31
Never drink anything costs under $40 US a bottle, don't get bad hangover from the good stuff.

manderf
23-07-04, 23:55
seriously. for me there's never a fun stage.
it skips directly to hating everything then it goes to getting painfully sick which makes me hate even harder. there's no giggling or "i love you, man" stages for me.

last time i drank was new years 98/99. it scared the hell out of everyone around me.
they'd glance over to me sitting there with my hair in my face and burning holes in everyone with my eyes then they'd quickly look away. eventually that anger and hate turned inwards and i went searching for a shotgun. then the sickness hit me and puked on their kitchen floor. then i decided to drive home hoping to end up under a mac truck. luckily i made it home fine and didn't kill anyone.
later when i realized what i had done and what i tried to do, i decided that i had experienced enough of that and never had a drink since. (besides a very small sip of bubbly at my aunt's wedding)

it's like the extreme opposite of prozak for me.

AWESOME DUDE!!!!!!

ya i dont really get hangovers, but sleeping it off is not the best, i know this guy who had a mass hangover and went to sleep for like 20 hours and slept on his arm the whole time, when he woke up it wouldnt move and he had to have it amputated :lol:

Jock Rockwell
24-07-04, 00:01
Drink a few pints of water be4 u go to bed, u will never get a hangover.

Tried and tested.

Failing that the best bet is to get drunk again. Then drink some water ;)

P4mp3rk3
24-07-04, 00:02
I didn't do as I usually do and drink water when I get home, I was too drunk.... BUUURRNNN!!!!
Shouldn't have forgotten ;)
I always drink a couple of big pints of water before I go to bed after a night out. I've never had headaches since I do that. My stomach protests sometimes the next day though but after lunch that's never a problem anymore.

Also, I was at a festival last week, and my gf got a little drunk (wodka, yay) and she had trouble walking straight and all that. Someone in our group told us to put her feet in our fridge (a pit with water in it to keep the beers cold :)) and she got sober after spending 15 minutes with her feet in it.
So maybe that's a good idea after a night out. Just sit with your feet in some cold water?

Doc Holliday
24-07-04, 01:12
4 pages of replies and not one of u gave the correct answer to cure what ails him. its so bleeding obvious we have all done it so often in the past. its so obvious im gonna spell it out to u. all u gotta do is simply just :

RELOG!!!!!!

;)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Psycho_Soldier
24-07-04, 02:31
4 pages of replies and not one of u gave the correct answer to cure what ails him. its so bleeding obvious we have all done it so often in the past. its so obvious im gonna spell it out to u. all u gotta do is simply just :

RELOG!!!!!!

;)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG SPLOITER!!11

Dribble Joy
24-07-04, 03:16
Wheeeeee!!

I am drunk again.....

However, not as much, just nicely merry :).

An hour or two after I made this thread I was ok, a little groggy, but after some bacon and sausages I wasn't too bad.

Lexxuk
24-07-04, 03:18
stop drinking, it makes u impotent :angel:

Organics
24-07-04, 03:34
Hahahahahahaha

I love getting drunk, it's fucking awesome.

helps me forget, and if I don't forget then when I'm drunk noone will come near me incase I attack them.

I don't mean to do that though, sometimes I like being alone with my thoughts when I'm drunk. And just sometimes even if I tell them, people don't understand that. And sadly, things happen.

Curses.

Organics
24-07-04, 03:41
Wheeeeee!!

I am drunk again.....

However, not as much, just nicely merry :).

An hour or two after I made this thread I was ok, a little groggy, but after some bacon and sausages I wasn't too bad.

Keep getting drunk mate, it's remarkably amusing sometimes.

@ Lexxuk

Actually that depends on the person involved. If I get drunk I tend to find I can keep it up for quite a bit longer when I'm fucking my missus.

So there :p

LOLLMAOROFLHEHE

G.0.D.
24-07-04, 04:10
I heard about this one... Just befor you go to sleep/pass out get a bannana, cover it in peanut butter and chocolate syrup. Consume then have 2 large glasses of water.

Basicly the science behind that is lots of sugers and liquids befor you go to sleep = no hang over.

seraphian
24-07-04, 04:14
1: water water water (it helps if you drink water while you're out there getting pissed too)

2: sleep

3: aspirin

4: Don't try heavy excercise, if you have to go to work, may God have mercy on your soul.

@G.O.D. I don't know about other people, but if I ate a bannana slathered in all that crap right before I passed out, I'd just puke, then pass out... then again I'm a bit of a lightweight (130 pound female, with no real tolerance. 3 drinks and I'm well-buzzed)

TheGreatMilenko
24-07-04, 06:34
after you drink. Drink lots of water ;)

TheGreatMilenko
24-07-04, 06:35
btw buy me anouther beer your still ugly

2ply
24-07-04, 10:27
Here's my remedy.

Get pissed.

Come home. Drink water. Sleep for a few hours.

Wake up. Stay up and endure the maybe 3 hours of hangoverville. Then go back to sleep.

Wake up again, and wham, hangover gone.

Works for me most of the time. Except that time I got really trashed... Don't remind me.

manderf
24-07-04, 10:50
wow or you could not spend all your time reading thinking of useless cures. Hangover cures are for women and children, brave it out like a real man, you think barbarians complained about hangovers after they raided cities, got piss drunk on god knows what ********** women and ate raw shit they found off the ground, NO! So just go do something manly instead like kill a bear with your bare hands

2ply
24-07-04, 11:06
I can stand hangovers, but when I have a hangover playing NC... I lose. Bad.

Neocron + hangover = even worse hangover

manderf
24-07-04, 13:07
wtf they got a language filter on these forums?

Max Jefferson
24-07-04, 13:12
PvP + Beer = Pokes

GambitFlame
24-07-04, 13:15
aviod hangovers....stay drunk

greendonkeyuk
24-07-04, 15:05
hair of the dog m8, either that or a cooked breakfast is always a good one. Other than that skipreadin this thread ive noticed most people already said lots of water.

steweygrrr
24-07-04, 20:37
Some people just stay drunk lol. Ive heard hangovers result from when u come off the alcohol suddenly, its a drug so the hangover u get is the result of stoping taking the drug suddenly. Supposadly if u weed urself off it then u shouldnt have a hang over, then again after 10 pints u have prob had enough :)

Water. Water is the key. Alcohol dehydrates you quite a bit. Thats where the headache comes from - lack of fluid surrounding the brain.

bubby
24-07-04, 20:45
I need one.
I feel like shite.
Help please.
LOL

Drink the same thing you had last night with tomato juice in it :)

then get hammered again :)

give ya another 6 hours of feeling groovy :)

cornelius5
24-07-04, 20:49
seraphin, aspirin and most all pain meds are toxic when combined w/ alcohol
,including taking em the morning after your drinking binge.
but then again when your liver fails u get to take all the good drugs thru i.v.

{MD}GeistDamnit
24-07-04, 21:00
I need one.
I feel like shite.
Help please.

from now on when you drink, right before you go to bed, take an asprin. next day worst thing you will have is the shits, maybe youll pee outta your ass or somthing, but at least you wont have the nausia and headache ;)

BramTops
24-07-04, 21:07
please s'plain.
i like the effect it has on girls :angel: :D

for myself... drank far to much last decade... alcohol doesn't have any (much) affect on my body (or so i make believe myself :()

but for me: water and looooong showers (preferably with girl mentioned above :D - that usually does it for me ;))

Deicide
24-07-04, 22:19
Take advice from an Austrian:

Get urself 0.5 litres of mineral water and squeeze the juice of 2 lemons into

If u managed to keep those 0.5 litres inside your stomach, get a healthy breakfast (not too much fat and shit): I always have toast with sliced tomatoes and 1-2 aspirines (if required *g*)

Then have a shower and either go for a walk or stay in bed (perferably with a girl around)

Lexxuk
24-07-04, 22:55
waking up next to a really ugly chick after a heavy session, not remembering how you got there and wondering why your wearing no clothing, will make you get over your hangover about as quick as you can get thru the door :p

not that i know about these things of course, being a non boozer :p