PDA

View Full Version : one PA MODEL for each faction and class. Would you prefer ?

engl
23-07-04, 11:55
Hi english players ;)

we were discussing this on the french forum, and I wanted what you though about this. Let me explain.

at this time we got only 4 PA 3d models, with different colors for the lvl of the PA, but not difference wether a CA wears it or a TG.

Would you prefer one PA 3d model per faction and per class ?
in exemple : CA with even larger and massive PAs ... , NEXT with very advanced high tech PAs, Crahn with kind of a halo around them, and dark red glowing eyes .... etc... the imagination is the only limit.

I think it would add a lot to the roleplay, and to the gameplay, because it's really hard sometimes to hit the correct enemy, especially in huge op wars.

actually we only got the faction written in red to see weither it's an enemy or a guy from your clan or an allied ... kinda very limitated.

sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

Mumblyfish
23-07-04, 11:58
It would be a nice addition, and certainly help make factions more unique/desirable. And it doesn't even need to go as far as new models - different skins (like the camo skin for tank PA) would suffice. I give this idea five stars. Because it's sexy.

ezza
23-07-04, 12:04
yes, tbh i would like say the crahn cloak that the crahn npcs wear as the faction PA, so it makes us look like we are part of faction, but we also still get to see the persons face etc :)

engl
23-07-04, 12:05
thanks for the 5 stars :p

and I wanted to add that it would normally not add lag (some feared it could), those models and textures would be stored on your PC and not on the server, and it would require maybe a little more ram in big op fights but it would be cool too :cool:

and neocron is not too much ram eating, so I think it would really not be a problem at all ;)

LTA
23-07-04, 12:05
Yeah would be nice to see some variation in people, a quick of faction identity aswell

Dribble Joy
23-07-04, 12:07
I think that a portion of the current skin could be given to a faction logo.
4 lvls of pa, for all classes, per faction.
That's a lot of PAs.

SpawnTDK
23-07-04, 12:08
most players want that since the pas ingame, some other befor too ...
old featurerequest, many pools, no response from kk

Mumblyfish
23-07-04, 12:09
That's a lot of PAs.
Which is a good thing. I've been playing other MMOs the past few days and the "OMG A CLOEN" factor in Neocron is just embarrasing. Something needs to be done to set players apart, and if KK are going to be forcing PA on people by making non-PA wearers totally inferior, this is a good start.

eric-the-ded
23-07-04, 12:11
i vote yes. 5 *'s.
even if it just means different colors. unless those colors are too fruity.

ezza
23-07-04, 12:12
most players want that since the pas ingame, some other befor too ...
old featurerequest, many pools, no response from kk
aye, think i have requested this kind of thing one 2 occasions.

what you recon, maybe come with the DoY?

LTA
23-07-04, 12:14
aye, think i have requested this kind of thing one 2 occasions.

what you recon, maybe come with the DoY?Doubtfull

Prolly get some Cere's pa which will be the same for all just diff colours like norm...

Dunno why they don't launch a competetion for a beta acc for people to design shit like this, there's some people here who are quite "uber" skilled in them type of fields

ezza
23-07-04, 12:15
Doubtfull

Prolly get some Cere's pa which will be the same for all just diff colours like norm...

Dunno why they don't launch a competetion for a beta acc for people to design shit like this, there's some people here who are quite "uber" skilled in them type of fields well wasnt it parax who done the camo PAs? (cant remeber if it was or not)perhaps they can let him lose with this idea too

Mumblyfish
23-07-04, 12:17
Dunno why they don't launch a competetion for a beta acc for people to design shit like this, there's some people here who are quite "uber" skilled in them type of fields
Certainly. Hell, the camouflaged tank PA, arguably the best looking skin in the entire game, was community made. One of the forum mods made it if memory serves, though for the life of me I can't remember which.

Vampire_Reaver
23-07-04, 12:18
5 *.
would be nice with a little variation in the game, in OP fights I rarely mistake my teammates for the enemy tho :p
but sure it would help a great deal surely :)
super idea, let some graphic designer loose and spam KK with pics of the PAs :lol:

engl
Dribble Joy, your are right, so maybe we could use one PA per faction and per class, that would be about 50 PA. (there is more than 50 monsters in the game ... and it's the same process to build a PA, so it really isn't as complicated as it seems, and furthermore they can ask special modelers than can do this in a week :rolleyes: )

but yeah then for the PA lvl, it could be like the PA lvl 1 is very bright and PA 2 & 3 & 4 gets darker each time. and also KK could sometimes created some skins for PAs and we would have a special quest to get that rare uber skin 8|

ezza
Certainly. Hell, the camouflaged tank PA, arguably the best looking skin in the entire game, was community made. One of the forum mods made it if memory serves, though for the life of me I can't remember which.
forum mod acct was gungnir, also done the black GM PA that was posted while ago

SpawnTDK
23-07-04, 12:26
what you recon, maybe come with the DoY?

will doy come ? :p
dont think so, colored faction armor (not only pas) needed but think kk wont make em ...
this really suckz

ezza
23-07-04, 12:28
will doy come ? :p
dont think so, colored faction armor (not only pas) needed but think kk wont make em ...
this really suckz
nothing wrong with a bit of optimism :D

LTA
23-07-04, 12:31

Everyones full of it lately :p

SpawnTDK
23-07-04, 12:31

i was hopefully for months but someday every hope dies :p
atm i only hope this gay "mission done" bug get fixt .. i want my saveslot back .. killing mercs is a hard buisness with red sl :D

ezza
23-07-04, 12:32
hahaha aint that the truth, dirty mercs

Dribble Joy
23-07-04, 12:34
I've been playing other MMOs the past few days and the "OMG A CLOEN" factor in Neocron is just embarrasing.
I have never seen a person wearing the exact same clothes as me, some have been close, but never the same.

Mumblyfish
23-07-04, 12:36
I have never seen a person wearing the exact same clothes as me, some have been close, but never the same.
I have. Every single spy in combat looks exactly the same as I do. Simply because not wearing PA makes you hideously weak.

-REMUS-
23-07-04, 12:36
yes and no.

You see its a great idea but PA is mass produced by Tangent not any other faction.

I suppose you could call them custom models like the camo pa and charge double for them?

LTA
23-07-04, 12:39
yes and no.

You see its a great idea but PA is mass produced by Tangent not any other faction.

I suppose you could call them custom models like the camo pa and charge double for them?heh last i heard my crahn pa was designed and made in the crahn abbey....and why would tangent be making armours for enemies of the city?

At the least anti cities should have their own designs n stuff....

Same as my opion for anti city weapons, instead of green plasma they should have red, instead of blue ray they have red,

Nothing stopping factions making their own modifications to tangents original

ezza
23-07-04, 12:39
ive seen a few exactly the same as my PE, most wear PA so hard to tell.

one day i turned around and theres Nish, same face some top same bottoms.

nibbish.

ino
23-07-04, 12:40
I would love to wear the silver gray crahn logo npc pa on my ppu yes :) would be great to loose the hood.. There should be an option to wear the hood or not.

So I like it. It would be enough to just have a faction symbol on the back of the PA aswell.

SpawnTDK
23-07-04, 12:40
hahaha aint that the truth, dirty mercs

thats why they die ... every day ... :D
bad is, mess dont understand it, they kos, but not his tg char(s?)

only tangent can handle a spray unit ?

-REMUS-
23-07-04, 12:41
heh last i heard my crahn pa was designed and made in the crahn abbey....and why would tangent be making armours for enemies of the city?

At the least anti cities should have their own designs n stuff....

Same as my opion for anti city weapons, instead of green plasma they should have red, instead of blue ray they have red,

Nothing stopping factions making their own modifications to tangents original

For some stupid reason I thought he ment PE PA, i'm not awake yet...

But the monk pa is still made using other peoples tech, well it was anyway in the pa quest.

LTA
23-07-04, 12:44
For some stupid reason I thought he ment PE PA, i'm not awake yet...

But the monk pa is still made using other peoples tech, well it was anyway in the pa quest.
hehe there's my point tho

They took other peoples tech and modified it so why can't some other various factions do that to add some variety for a change

:D

-REMUS-
23-07-04, 12:46
hehe there's my point tho

They took other peoples tech and modified it so why can't some other various factions do that to add some variety for a change

:D

Becuase KK are lazy? Or KK are understaffed?

I would love this idea to be applied to the game but I dont think it will some how, although I was suprised when tanks got camo pa tbh!

LTA
23-07-04, 12:48
Becuase KK are lazy? Or KK are understaffed?

I would love this idea to be applied to the game but I dont think it will some how, although I was suprised when tanks got camo pa tbh!
Yeah probably true, which is why i suggested they should do a compo, maybe a nother poll for another thread tho.
I've seen loads of stuff people were making on the mod forum then some asshat decided to hack and get it shut down but meh

someone said the camo pa was done by a community member kk just added it in heh....

Dribble Joy
23-07-04, 12:49
I want the camo PEPA in at some point, and merc only :p.

LTA
23-07-04, 12:52
I want the camo PEPA in at some point, and merc only :p.
yeah it rocks, seen a few suites on venus very nice :D

Cerbious
23-07-04, 14:32
It would be great but im not to sure if it will ever happen.. we can only hope.

landofcake
23-07-04, 14:36
Great idea !

5 stars

Type X
23-07-04, 14:37
YAY FRENCHIES!!! Bout time yall got somthing right! LMAO!

shenten
23-07-04, 15:25
Said No.

this game ain't a Capture the flag.

Next step: Friendly fire on op zones.

ezza
23-07-04, 15:32
Said No.

what the fuck does that have to do with PA?

Maarten
23-07-04, 16:12
Here's an idea. Since in NC2 the faction system won't be as important as the empire vs empire thing, why not lets have 8 different PA models? One for each class and a different one for pro-NC and one for pro-DoY. So one of the factions of each empire is creating the PA's for all the classes...

This would solve the "can't tell friend from foe" issue and it wouldn't be as bad as creating 50 new skins...

LTA
23-07-04, 16:21
Said No.

Errr

it's about allowing factions to be individual and people to be individual...
Not ctf or a simulation of Attack Of The Clones

ezza
23-07-04, 16:30
Here's an idea. Since in NC2 the faction system won't be as important as the empire vs empire thing, why not lets have 8 different PA models? One for each class and a different one for pro-NC and one for pro-DoY. So one of the factions of each empire is creating the PA's for all the classes...

This would solve the "can't tell friend from foe" issue and it wouldn't be as bad as creating 50 new skins...
but again thats just boring, 2 styles and thats it woot.

and just because factions are"supposed" to be less important than the pro anti thing, dont mean they they should be disgarded(since this Red v blue is one of the dumbest ideas KK though up)

SorkZmok
23-07-04, 16:36
I think that a portion of the current skin could be given to a faction logo.
4 lvls of pa, for all classes, per faction.
That's a lot of PAs.Well you could just keep the PAs as they are now but when you put it on it simply shows your faction tag on the back or a gets a different colored skin depending on your faction. Shouldnt be hard to implement.

5 stars

Maarten
23-07-04, 17:24
but again thats just boring, 2 styles and thats it woot.

and just because factions are"supposed" to be less important than the pro anti thing, dont mean they they should be disgarded(since this Red v blue is one of the dumbest ideas KK though up)

Ok then, 8 different models (class and empire) and a different skin for each level of PA (colors) and for each faction (logo printed somewhere on the PA).

Or do you wish the PA's to be as customizable as the player characters itself? O_o

ezza
23-07-04, 17:26
that would be nice

Mumblyfish
23-07-04, 17:26
I'd rather have faction specific skins, simple as. It only needs to be a simple change, too...

And Ezza, let's hug. Empire vs Empire will be the death of this game, let's all wear daisy chains and wave placards about. Love!

tiikeri
23-07-04, 17:35
I would like to see more variation on PAs.. the it would be nice if the factions would have their own PAs for all 4 choices of char.

GIJ0e
23-07-04, 17:57
what the fuck does that have to do with PA?

i was wondering that, in fact i was also wondering what sort of tard would vote NO to adding variety to the game, guess we just found out :lol:

El_MUERkO
23-07-04, 18:10
Hi english players ;)

we were discussing this on the french forum, and I wanted what you though about this. Let me explain.

at this time we got only 4 PA 3d models, with different colors for the lvl of the PA, but not difference wether a CA wears it or a TG.

Would you prefer one PA 3d model per faction and per class ?
in exemple : CA with even larger and massive PAs ... , NEXT with very advanced high tech PAs, Crahn with kind of a halo around them, and dark red glowing eyes .... etc... the imagination is the only limit.

I think it would add a lot to the roleplay, and to the gameplay, because it's really hard sometimes to hit the correct enemy, especially in huge op wars.

actually we only got the faction written in red to see weither it's an enemy or a guy from your clan or an allied ... kinda very limitated.

sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:
A german dude whos done more for cross language politics in one thread than our community rep, and hes got a good idea :D

I vote Yes and give the thread 5 stars :D

Ideally I'd like a slight diffrence between PA levels so you could tell a level 1 from a level 4 but I'd still be happy with faction unique colour schemes.

As an after thought maybe the level 4 PA could be the same camo pa design for all factions making it harder to work out if the runner is an enemy or not, it'd make camo pa give you a sort of camo in the game.

Jest
23-07-04, 18:46
Id love to see faction specific PA even if its just a symbol of the faction, but as Mumbly mentioned, faction specific clothing would be even cooler. Id love to see both actually. 5 stars.

Darken
23-07-04, 19:03
5 Stars

Lets get it in Game, but i doubt that this will happen :<

Crono
23-07-04, 19:18
Doesnt need new models (would eb cool though :P ) But a simple reskinning or just colors for diff factions would be awsome. Like a Dark Green for CM, Camo for TG, Blue for FA, A white or a NCPDish skin for CA, Redish for Chran or BD or something like that, a fake painted on Tux for Tusanimi ;P and so on.

Its a heck of allot better then the stupid diff colors for the diff weapon typs of PA, cant believe they took out thr diff colors for the diff lvls of PA in favor of that stupid thing :/

-Crono

Omnituens
23-07-04, 21:16
i would like to see gender PA too

imagine female Monk, PE or Spy PA? ;)

Female tanks are too butch.

Crono
23-07-04, 21:20
female monk is the only one that would conform to work, the rest is metal armor, u dont make boob pertusions in metal armor :

-Crono

Omnituens
23-07-04, 21:34
female monk is the only one that would conform to work, the rest is metal armor, u dont make boob pertusions in metal armor :

-Crono
i wouldnt want my chest cavity being restricted all day

i would MAKE them put "boob pertusions" in metal armour.

actually, thinking about it, tank and PE PA seem semi-spacious in the chest area. its just spy and monk PA that seem restricting to me.

Gore K.
24-07-04, 02:29
5 star here , 5 star to the french forum
http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=104347&page=3&pp=30
Nice !

KK what u wait ?