PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates = OWNED

Psycho_Soldier
22-07-04, 21:01
http://www.rootsecure.net/content/downloads/videos/creamed_bill_gates.mpeg

:lol:

Thought you all might find this funny.

Any of you have any similar videos of things like this happening to famous people?

manderf
22-07-04, 21:02
ahahahahha bill gates got owned, my old science teacher was bill gates aunt

Rob01m
22-07-04, 21:16
Dude WTF, why pie the poor guy? He's every nerds dream. Oooohh Billy boy!! :wtf: :lol:

DaxAra
22-07-04, 21:41
Belgian ppl rule!!! ;)
i acctually was wachting that whenn it was broadcasted a few years back

cRazy2003
23-07-04, 00:16
omfg Bill Gates Got Pwn3d Omfg!!!111oneone

bounty
23-07-04, 02:00
Actually i think thats pretty pathetic what they did. get a life.

cRazy2003
23-07-04, 02:01

it is pritty sad, but still its fun to see a rich man get owned once in a while :p

Lexxuk
23-07-04, 02:01

I agree wiv you there, bunch of hippy wankers with no jobs who think its nice to cut open a guys nose, when his business employs hundreds and keeps thousands in work, who donates money to the NSPCC and other good causes, he deserves better than that.

Oh and XP > Linux :p

StrongSad
23-07-04, 02:10
They could have shot him instead....but I agree with ^^^. Jealous losers....

DaxAra
23-07-04, 03:34
Oh and XP > Linux :p
could you hen explain whay there are more *nix servers than there are win* servers??

well, *nix is better portable, faster, better compatibility, uses standards, ........ (bla, bla, bla)
and linux can do an endless loop in less than 5 seconds ;) :D

Agent L
23-07-04, 11:30
it is pritty sad, but still its fun to see a rich man get owned once in a while :p
Actually, I'm planning to become a rich man in the future... so marginally fun to me. : P
I'm hoping pie was good at least : D

Strych9
23-07-04, 12:36
could you hen explain whay there are more *nix servers than there are win* servers??
Well lets see. More people eat at McDonalds than at steakhouses... so I guess McDonalds harmburgers taste better than steak, right?

More people drive a chevy than a ferrari, so clearly the chevy is the better car.

More people used to use WP5.1 than Word....

Shall I go on?

I am not saying that Windows is better. I am just saying your reasoning here leaves a lot to be desired.

If you REALLY want to know why there are more *nix servers, its because *nix is usually super cheap or free. So every nerd that wants to run a server can cheaply do so. Add on to that the silly "MS sucks" mantra that most geeks have the need to recite as often as possible, and there you have it.

My web server is windows 2003 server, and it runs .Net, ASP, PhP, Perl, MySQL, SQL Server, and CFM with no problems. While I am sure every *nix box does the exact same thing ;) , this windows box has done me just fine.

cRazy2003
23-07-04, 13:50
Actually, I'm planning to become a rich man in the future... so marginally fun to me. : P
I'm hoping pie was good at least : D

you are soo gonna get pie'd right now its unbalievable :p

WebShock
23-07-04, 14:23
to add to that,

the white hats are up in arms about *nix > win because it takes a lot of research, practice and endless hours of mastering the OS.

Windows, you can be a complete tards and at least load it.

AS far as security goes, if linux was as popular as windows was, i garantee you that there would be more vulnerabilities found.

Also, nix is open source. That means there are an infinite amount of minds conglomerated to fix and attack the OS. Mike only has a dev team. Granted its a few hundred but its still a fraction of the support of what nix gets.

Did you all hear that even the inpenetrable mac os has vulnurabilities now? Guess what mac did recently, thats right... issued a hotfix

Ladies, Gents, nothing man made is perfect.

I am more for windows since I didnt have to be a geek to learn it, and its a lot easier to deal with as far as helpdesk goes because there is only so much that can go wrong before you have to format.

tkNukem
23-07-04, 15:14
did you see how the dude did it? looked to me like he had the pie on the end of a rod of some sort and sorta "sniped" Gates with the pie lololol. helped with the getaway i suppose.
unix is nucking futs. i'm doing some relatively proprietary shit at a co-managed security service business (provides CMSS to DuPont, Invista, Astra Zeneca and many other small banks, business, etc.) their firewalls are configured with a unix based system that's sorta tweaked for firewall management and engineering. fancy shit. only thing i've disliked about it so far is the insane strings, commands, etc that are needed for management, support... it's been quite a blast of knowledge for me, considering i've never experienced unix. i wis hit was gui based so noobs like me wouldn't have to remember such lengthy strings and commands. ;/

Lexxuk
23-07-04, 15:19
Linux sux, took me 2 days to get my PCI ADSL card working, which in the end required me to recompile the Kernel, with Windows, you just slap in a CD, click next a few times and its done, you dont go near the kernel.

Now I got Mandrake 10.0 on my system, I'm probably going to delete it now that I got the modem working, coz there really isnt much for me to use it for :lol: :lol:

DaxAra
23-07-04, 17:21
If you REALLY want to know why there are more *nix servers, its because *nix is usually super cheap or free. i cant remember SunOS, Solaris, Minix, Unix, MacOS...... being free! (or cheap).

and then i'm not even speaking of the $$$$ spend on training

DaxAra
23-07-04, 17:33
Linux sux, took me 2 days to get my PCI ADSL card working, which in the end required me to recompile the Kernel, with Windows, you just slap in a CD, click next a few times and its done, you dont go near the kernel.
that is what you get whenn you but Hardware that needs Software to calculate..

i used to have an 'software'-modem.. most ppl do not even know the diff..
software modems require windows runtime dll's to function becuase they let windows doo all the work.. the modem will just convert the data from bits to beeps.
a 'hardware'-modem does all the work itselfs. thereby requireing NO System resources and this eventually makes your system go faster. (if you would do this with all hardware).

the big advantage of linux is that you CAN recompile and rewrite the kernel..
if something does not work with windows there is no way to get it to work..
with linux you will only have to http://www.google.com/linux it ;)

also bugs are found in matters of minutes to hours not months to years like MS does..
examples:
IE has a a bugs since v4.0 about not displaying favicons. its still there.
Windows (whenn configured with internet) needs to check if there is an internet connection before you can use the printer or explore your harddrive.
while doing this a virus can get into your computer without your filewall detecting it as it is masked as an windows prosess

SynC_187
23-07-04, 17:36
and linux can do an endless loop in less than 5 seconds ;) :D

Its not an endless loop then????

DaxAra
23-07-04, 17:39
Its not an endless loop then????
no its an endless loop..
and its done within 5 seconds..

23-07-04, 17:43
Windows, you can be a complete tards and at least load it.

and why is this a good thing?

If you want to know why viruses/spam/security is as bad as it is - stop right here, dont look any further

WebShock
23-07-04, 17:51
using my own example, thats the equivilant to grandma wanting to start up your dragster. she can find the on button but does she know where the brake and gear shifter is?

NO

same thing with windows. its a lot easier to learn the piece of equiptment you are operating rather than being a bookworm for weeks/months at a time to configure linux correctly.

linux is made for advanced users, to the noob linux is far more dangerous than a noob with windows

why? because with windows all a noob has to do is read the directions. with linux, you fuck something up and you dont know what the hell you are doing since you are totally nix ignorant.

linux is as expolitable as windows. its just not as widely used as ms. thats why there are more exploits for win. larger audience = bigger and wider amount of damage you can do.

DaxAra
23-07-04, 17:58
linux is made for advanced users, to the noob linux is far more dangerous than a noob with windowslet a N00b install Fedora Core 2o http://fedora.redhat.com

with linux, you fuck something up and you dont know what the hell you are doing since you are totally nix ignorant. don't login as root!!

tkNukem
23-07-04, 18:02
isn't it oxymoronic to do an endless loop in 5 seconds?

Zeninja
23-07-04, 18:04

Now I got Mandrake 10.0 on my system, I'm probably going to delete it now that I got the modem working, coz there really isnt much for me to use it for :lol: :lol:
Unix is not for n00bs, u all guys stop criticizing something u just tested 10 minutes in your whole life. Anyway, Mandrake is a n00b distro with plenty of bugged softs included :D

U just can't compare Windows to any unices, cause they don't have to be used in the same situations. I love my Windows station for listening to music, playing games or whatever is to be fast and easy to access... but i have to use Solaris, Linux or FreeBsd when I have to make fully functionnal and reliable network nodes... cause I can freely use it, customise it, find support on the net and see how's working every single component of my system. And I can recompile my kernel and each service with the latest publically improved and corrected versions, adapted to my boxes' hardware. Can u do this with XP ? No.

Concerning drivers and videogames, as long as people think "reliability = easy to use = worldwide's most used systems", u won't find any enterprises being fool enough for paying people to develop things for it.

I love Strychn9 comparing Microsoft's business to MacDonald's shit food ; oh yeah they create jobs and make so healthy products for us, but now just try to think a little more about that "great way of thinking a world", where every single Man's step has to be copyrighted and used as weapons to make rich people richer than they are, and workers work all against each other for some piece of shit at the end of the month.

*taking Martin Luther King's voice*

Yes ! I had a dream, where every single... well... ok... forget about all of this :p

DaxAra
23-07-04, 20:38
Amen to that!

Strych9
23-07-04, 21:20
I love Strychn9 comparing Microsoft's business to MacDonald's shit food ;Uh, reading is fundamental.

Someone stated that more people used Unix, so it was therefore better. I pointed out that more people eat at McDonalds...

So sorry to break this to you, and I am glad you loved the comparison, but I compared Unix to McDonalds. :lol:

Razielo
23-07-04, 21:26
a similar thing happened to the king of Sweden... his security guards jumped the guy.. and he was sentenced to death...... hehe nah... he just had to pay a fine ^^

Zeninja
24-07-04, 22:55
Someone stated that more people used Unix, so it was therefore better. I pointed out that more people eat at McDonalds...
Argh damn u :\

That's what I finally understood about your post when i read it back :D

So I'll talk in MY own name, I WOULD compare MS Windows to Ronald's Big Mac concerning personnal computers market, where MS is - from far away - the most used OS of the area. And I think Windows is the best choice for a Personnal Computer (i mean "family use") at the moment. I really hope this changes, soon...

But you're right, unix servers are more numerous than Windows' one in most enterprises and.... that's not a coincidence, Windows's just a toy for noobs, secretaries and gamers :lol: (what i intendend to show). Same thing with www servers : about 2 years ago, 80% web servers were running Apache (free and reliable) against only few percent with IIS (bugged and pretty expensive). And, thx to god for the fools, u can even run Apache with Windows.

Lexxuk
24-07-04, 23:09
let a N00b install Fedora Core 2o http://fedora.redhat.com

download the 4 iso's, burn them to CD, put disc 1 into CD player, reboot Windows, press F11 for boot menu (or change boot order thru bios) click "ok" a few times.. Fedora Core installed O_o

Or...

Download the 4 iso's, use Winrar to extract boot.iso from /images burn that one to a CD-RW, put the ISO's on a FAT32 partition, reboot, tell Fedora where the iso's are and install.

The beauty with Windows over Linux is, you dont have to recompile the entire kernel every 5 minutes, and you dont need the kernel sources and a hell of a lot of development tools installed, to install your drivers.

To install my ADSL drivers, I need the kernel sources, so its a quick....

su
[password]
cd /usr/src/linux
mrproper
make oldconfig
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install
cp /arch/i386/etc../bzImage /boot/newimage
vim /etc/lilo.conf
[add a load of stuff to boot the new image]
/etc/lilo
reboot
Hope you aint messed anything up with your new kernel
login
su
bzip2 -d [3 fiiles]
cd [file1 dir]
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
cd [file2 dir]
make
make install
cd [file3 dir]
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
vim /etc/pppd/chap-secrets
vim/etc/pppd/options

total time? 30-60 minutes

Windows XP

Insert CD-ROM
click "ok" a couple of times
reboot computer
click "ok" a couple of times
ding.. internet connected, double click icon on desktop
enter user name
enter password
hit OK.. connected to the internet

Hardware works on Windows, the companies make drivers for it to make sure it works on Windows, so there really isnt any point in Linux for the desktop.

And all newbs log in as root, its why the distro's say "OMG YOUR ROOT, LOG OUT NOW BEFORE YOU DESTROY THE SYSTEM!" with a huge red background :p