FA
Crahn Sect
Dome of York?

Soooooo

Why is FA leaving TH?
Why is TG leaving the canyons?
Why is TSU+BD leaving pepper park?
Why is crahn leaving PP+OZ?

Why isnt one of TSU/BD cozying up to CA and becoming neutral to CA and hostile to some of DoY?

Mumblyfish
22-07-04, 19:20
Red

Blue
Say. It. Ain't. So. I still don't believe KK would be so fucking stupid as to turn this into TFC With Levelling, or Oh Shit: It's Planetside All Over Again™.

ezza
22-07-04, 19:22
Why is FA leaving TH?
Why is TG leaving the canyons?
Why is TSU+BD leaving pepper park?
Why is crahn leaving PP+OZ?

ya id like to know that, i mean been there home all this time, why would they suddenly up sticks and move.

dont make sence

still dont like the red blue crap

slaughteruall
22-07-04, 19:23
I think mercs will be more or less considered gray. Hostile to a few of each.

Spikadelia
22-07-04, 19:23
Much the same thoughts and concerns crossed my mind....posted earlier today on the same topic. This is is gonna be of keen interest to a lot of player's and I agree some of the proposed shifts ie FA and TG both leaving their traditional locations seem odd.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104367

Celt
22-07-04, 19:24
ya id like to know that, i mean been there home all this time, why would they suddenly up sticks and move.

dont make sence

still dont like the red blue crapI could understand like CA attacking TH, FA moving to DoY or canyons because they are by nature not fighters, and perhaps BD providing drugs and info to CA and joining forces with CA to clear tsu out of PP, but not all at once.

Celt
22-07-04, 19:24
Much the same thoughts and concerns crossed my mind....posted earlier today on the same topic. This is is gonna be of keen interest to a lot of player's and I agree some of the proposed shifts ie FA and TG both leaving their traditional locations seem odd.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104367sorry didnt see your topic :)

Threads'll probably be merged.

Dribble Joy
22-07-04, 19:28
I don't like the rvsb stuff.
But look at the communities, look at saturn, politics is so totally fucked up right now. Noone knows what is going on.

I like the current faction system (mostly) it adds to the intrigue and a complexity that you don't see elsewhere.
Unfortunately, most people will continue to ack as they do and it will continue to get worse.

Celt
22-07-04, 19:29
I don't like the rvsb stuff.
But look at the communities, look at saturn, politics is so totally fucked up right now. Noone knows what is going on.

I like the current faction system (mostly) it adds to the intrigue and a complexity that you don't see elsewhere.
Unfortunately, most people will continue to ack as they do and it will continue to get worse.Faction relations(currently) are pretty nonsensical, and sadly there is little reason to act within those bounds.

Mumblyfish
22-07-04, 19:40
If BDoY comes around, and it does degenerate into simple Red vs Blue... I'll just throw politics out the window and attack based on old faction sympathies. I always want Tangent, Crahn and TG as enemies. I always want the Pepper Park gang to be my best friends. Damned if some shitty Planetside patch for Neocron is going to stop that.

Marx
22-07-04, 19:44
Why is FA leaving TH?Because its not safe

Why is TG leaving the canyons?Because its not safe

Why is TSU+BD leaving pepper park?Because that group called the City Admin who manages to control life and death over any person in the city wants them gone.

Why is crahn leaving PP+OZ?See above.

Why isnt one of TSU/BD cozying up to CA and becoming neutral to CA and hostile to some of DoY?I think it would be cool for Black Dragon to cosey up with CA, they're oppurtunists and are more easily swayed through greed.

Who else would run the PP clubs? CA?

Candaman
22-07-04, 19:47
i think fa and tg will be moving as part of their alliance to doy

Dirk_Gently
22-07-04, 20:17
There need to be some facs who are in them middle otherwise the game will be awful. Also changing the Fac system is pointless unless there becomes a reason to play by Fac rules.

Celt
22-07-04, 20:21
Because its not safe

Because its not safe

Because that group called the City Admin who manages to control life and death over any person in the city wants them gone.

See above.

I think it would be cool for Black Dragon to cosey up with CA, they're oppurtunists and are more easily swayed through greed.

Who else would run the PP clubs? CA?Since when has TG/TH/PP/OZ suddenly become so unsafe?

Since when has TG cared about safety, or crahn for that matter?

Marx
22-07-04, 20:26
Since when has TG/TH/PP/OZ suddenly become so unsafe?

Since when has TG cared about safety, or crahn for that matter?
Well, I would imagine the idea of imminent large scale invasion would move a rebel groups headquarters... Lets just forget the fact that players can come back from the dead... Is it wise to run an operation geared towards liberation of the masses through non-violent means (seeing as TG wasn't supposed to be the super-1337 fighter faction it is today) in an area that can easily be overrun?

Is it safe for a group of peaceful scientists to sit around in their whole in the ground when almost all of the industrial capability of a massively large city-state is rallying against them?

These groups have to care about safety since without it, they cannot acheive their purpose, whether it be freedom, research, or enlightenment. Yes, players don't have to give a rats ass about safety because of the game mechanics... But I for one do not support the idea of more gigantic plot gaps coming into being.

Celt
22-07-04, 20:27
Well, I would imagine the idea of imminent large scale invasion would move a rebel groups headquarters... Lets just forget the fact that players can come back from the dead... Is it wise to run an operation geared towards liberation of the masses through non-violent means (seeing as TG wasn't supposed to be the super-1337 fighter faction it is today) in an area that can easily be overrun?

Is it safe for a group of peaceful scientists to sit around in their whole in the ground when almost all of the industrial capability of a massively large city-state is rallying against them?

These groups have to care about safety since without it, they cannot acheive their purpose, whether it be freedom, research, or enlightenment. Yes, players don't have to give a rats ass about safety because of the game mechanics... But I for one do not support the idea of more gigantic plot gaps coming into being.Why not just say KK are going to pull a deus ex machina?
That makes more sense...

Marx
22-07-04, 20:30
Why not just say KK are going to pull a deus ex machina?
That makes more sense...
Because its plainly obvious they're going to, the question was why.

Celt
22-07-04, 20:32
Because its plainly obvious they're going to, the question was why.Yeah, and your reasons are...plainly, crap.

Marx
22-07-04, 20:35
Yeah, and your reasons are...plainly, crap.
Well, I'm not the plotline dude... So its not my job to think up reasoning behind ingame actions.

Cerbious
22-07-04, 22:49
im really a big fan of TH and if we have to move out thats well... just crap. Also what will happen to TH? will it just stand idle or what?

-Demon-
22-07-04, 23:06
Pretty sure that someone from kk posted that althought all under the DoY banner BD and TS cannot put their differences aside so you will still have them fighting over stuff.

No doubt there will be other such rivalries on the pro city side as well.

Also clan wars implemented right would allow inter-empire fighting.

im really a big fan of TH and if we have to move out thats well... just crap. Also what will happen to TH? will it just stand idle or what?

TH and Canyon will become super ops I think...thats what kk mentioned last on those two places.

Mr_Snow
22-07-04, 23:11
Why should FA and TG be forced to leave their home (OOC) where they have lived for 2 years?When I was FA I wouldnt of wanted this just like I dont want to give up either the PP church or OZ abbey as a crahn now even if DoY are giving us a new cathedral.

BD shouldnt leave NC because they own too much property there TS leaving is plausable because they only own their clubs and not much else.

Morganth
22-07-04, 23:16
I think it sucks if the different factions lose their native turf (Canyons, TH etc) as it gives them a "base" to work out of.

But TBH, on Saturn I don't think it will matter who is enemy to who, as we generally don't take heed of this due to greens attacking greens etc.

ezza
22-07-04, 23:20
I think it sucks if the different factions lose their native turf (Canyons, TH etc) as it gives them a "base" to work out of.

But TBH, on Saturn I don't think it will matter who is enemy to who, as we generally don't take heed of this due to greens attacking greens etc.
i think it does matter, i wont just attack anyone, they have to give a reason for me to attack first

Trent
22-07-04, 23:50
o_O So who gets to occupy TH & the canyons???

Trent

Junker
22-07-04, 23:59
i think somewhere in the DOY peek was written that
DoY and NC have war so the Pro DOYs went to DOY and the Pro NCs stay in NC,

but there are still hostilitys between the Factions of every city

i.e. TT and BT in NC and TS and BD in DoY.

so even if they are Pro DoY and in the Dome it doesnt meen they are allied or with all of the other factions

thats how i understood it

/e to the question "who occupies TH/Canyon" Teh Droms will !!!!111one

numb
23-07-04, 00:05
I'm sure I read some official word that TS + BD would have official headquarters in DoY, but would also keep their current hidden HQs in PP.

Mr_Snow
23-07-04, 00:34
I'm sure I read some official word that TS + BD would have official headquarters in DoY, but would also keep their current hidden HQs in PP.

Same for crahn.Think they atleast hold onto the OZ abbey.

Mr Friendly
23-07-04, 02:15
from what i remember from beta3 storyline, it goes summin like this as in faction alliances/enemies
(i most likely will be wrong about a few factions jtlyk)

allied:
-BD
-Tsunami
-Crahn
-FA

neutral:
-CM
-TG (<- possibly wrong, but in the storyline crahn turns against TG as TG was the group that helped reeza overthrow crahn in neocron & force them out of the city)

enemy:
-CA
-NEXT
-dre
-proto
-biotech
-tangent

J. Folsom
23-07-04, 14:09
About TG and Crahn, the current storyline reasons for them being allied are that they both share one goal: Taking over Neocron. If they ever succeed, they'll most likely end up fighting one another however, considering they would never be able to agree on a form of government, the Crahn Sect wants to rule Neocron again as before, while the Twilight Guardian wants a democracy.

About faction HQs, it's definitely been confirmed for the Tsunami Syndicate they'll have their new main headquarters in Dome of York, and it's also been confirmed they'll still keep their hidden headquarters in Pepper Park.
The move of the Crahn Sect has also pretty much been confirmed (Due to the screenshots of the new Crahn cathedral, which was stated to be in DoY), but most likely they'll still have other headquarters in the Outzone, and possibly also Pepper Park. No changes would most likely be made to their other church in Tawkeen Village.
Black Dragon is an uncertain factor at the moment, but if we look at it from a pure "Amount of factions per side" point, they're likely to move to Dome of York.
The only truly uncertain faction is the CityMercs, as they're mercenaries, they'll most likely join the wealthiest of the two sides. It remains to be seen which one this is. ;)

So certainties are pretty much:

Neocron:
CityAdmin
Diamond Real Estate
NExT
BioTech
Tangent Technologies
ProtoPharm

DoY:
Tsunami Syndicate
Black Dragon
Crahn Sect
Fallen Angels
Twilight Guardian

Unknown:
CityMercs
Anarchy Breed

Most likely Dome of York would still get one more faction added to it, most likely referred to as Dome of York. It would actually fit in rather nicely to both the CityMercs and Anarchy Breed present as groupings with no specific side, with the CityMercs being slightly in favour of Neocron, and Anarchy Breed just being their usual chaotic selves.

As for the reasons, I'm guessing we'll suddenly get Honeypot spreading arond a whole bunch of storyline during August. ;)

ezza
23-07-04, 14:17
of course we all know that the mighty crahn monks would kick the ass of that puny freedom fighting outfit they call the twilight guardian :p

ufora
23-07-04, 14:21
city mercs shouldnt be a faction affilated with pro/anti city, as they are mercs

Marx
23-07-04, 18:36
city mercs shouldnt be a faction affilated with pro/anti city, as they are mercs
But they already have a negative history with the Dome, so it wouldn't be suprising if it turned out to be anti-DoY.

Jest
23-07-04, 18:41
I really wanted Tsunami to become pro-city. It just seems to fit. Black Dragon prolly has more F6 reasoning to become pro, but it just seems like BD and DoY fit together.

City Mercs should be nuetral to every one. (With clan wars implemented).

Whitestuff
23-07-04, 18:48
Its Tsunami who is supposed to cozy up to CA. It said so in an old neocronicle, that TS was on the side of the CA when it came to the dome, b/c they wanted BD out of their turf.