PDA

View Full Version : Idea ( War Rooms in Faction HQ's or Clan Apts )

Shujin
22-07-04, 16:14
Ok atm, when people go into a op war they have to basicly go blind they cant really meet up and decide on a strategy on where to go on the map, etc.

Well I think it would be VERY useful and VERY VERY easy to implement a war room in either Faction HQ's or Clan Apts.

The war room would basicly just be a conference room with a big map area on it and a npc next to the map area which sells Maps of zones and Laser pointers(not for guns but to actually point with).

You can buy the maps pretty cheaply at the cost of around 10k each. and the laser pointer for around 5k.

Anyway, once you buy the map of the zone you want you go up to the wall and use it. doing this makes the texture on that area of the wall turn to that of the map ( i know kk could make this happen VERY easy ).

with the laser pointer you can point out where you want specific people to goto, name certain areas, and decide like this is Entrance A, this is B, etc.

And once you start the op war you can get a droner to fly up into the sky and look down and if he see's anyone coming he can shout "2 TANKS INCOMING ENTRANCE A, 1 APU INCOMING ENTRANCE B"

Maarten
22-07-04, 16:21
Nice :)

I would like a "points finger into the air while sitting" emote if you have any questions during the "are there any questions, men?" part of the meeting... :)

Jonax
22-07-04, 16:21
I sometimes wonder what stuff Reza puts in the water supply :wtf:

On the plus side, this sounds like a good idea - It could put another dimension on op wars that some games (e.g. Planetside) have enjoyed for a while :D Only three potential problems I see though:
1) Might be a little tricky to work the map idea completely as not everyone has the same copies of maps on their systems (NLpro? ;))
2) It's unlikely that every faction would use the HQs - Some factions on some servers might not use them at all whereas KK would waste time designing some war rooms which'll never be used :(
3) For the active factions - What happens if more than one team in a faction wants to do seperate raids?

Shujin
22-07-04, 16:22
Nice :)

I would like a "points finger into the air while sitting" emote if you have any questions during the "are there any questions, men?" part of the meeting... :)
haha+ha

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Shujin
22-07-04, 16:25

On the plus side, this sounds like a good idea - It could put another dimension on op wars that some games (e.g. Planetside) have enjoyed for a while :D Only three potential problems I see though:
1) Might be a little tricky to work the map idea completely as not everyone has the same copies of maps on their systems (NLpro? ;))
2) It's unlikely that every faction would use the HQs - Some factions on some servers might not use them at all whereas KK would waste time designing some war rooms which'll never be used :(
3) For the active factions - What happens if more than one team in a faction wants to do seperate raids?
1) well the maps, even modified, have the same names so it wouldnt affect it at all, the people with the modified maps would just see their modified maps on the area people see the normal ones.

2) well this would add some RP to the game in the sense that some clans would start using the factions HQ. all factions do have a faction HQ though.

3) well im not really talking about faction wars im talking about clan wars. and if a team in a clan wants to attack seperatly... they will prolly get yelled at by the leader ;P and as for a full on faction attack well i guess they could do that... just have their meeting one after another, one team makes their plan then other goes in and makes theres

eldiabloz
22-07-04, 16:27
A good idea ;)

1) The should be a texture, however will be a player problem have all the same map ;)

2&3)Put waroom in clan apt, could be a very good idea to improve tactics ;)

djskum
22-07-04, 16:49
2&3)Put waroom in clan apt, could be a very good idea to improve tactics ;)

And in the OP UG for the defending clan.

DjSKum

Cerbious
22-07-04, 17:13
This idea would be extremly good for all the reasons above ^ Whats the chances KK would do such a thing?

Cubico
22-07-04, 17:24
Well when MicroSoft buys 10tacle because they need a good MMORPG for XBOX2 they will add a NetMeeting feature into the game. And you can also prepare your clan rules and KOS lists on Pocket PCs.

msdong
22-07-04, 17:42
thats a pretty good idea.NC needs commander functions for large groups. there should be a "platoon" group that dont share XP but chat channel.
whiteboard with map for all platoon members with waypoints is a must.
a video console for life drone vid footage would be nice but we leave that to next year development.:D

neocron has a cool navray system (i like the lines indoor)and it would be a shame if they use it othere them to find the next GR.

Shujin
22-07-04, 17:56
thats a pretty good idea.NC needs commander functions for large groups. there should be a "platoon" group that dont share XP but chat channel.
whiteboard with map for all platoon members with waypoints is a must.
a video console for life drone vid footage would be nice but we leave that to next year development.:D

neocron has a cool navray system (i like the lines indoor)and it would be a shame if they use it othere them to find the next GR.
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104379