PDA

View Full Version : Solution to tradeskillers xp?

alypaa
22-07-04, 13:22
So I have been thinking about this for a long time and thought about a few things and decided to share them with all of you.

I started by creating a scene and thought about thinks that would make it possible. My dream is this: to see tradeskillers exping with hunters in chaos caves DoY tunnels etc. Just repping and recycling/constructing ammo from junk found from the mobs.

First of all tradeskillers could get combat rank depending by their rep, cst or waht ever tools and skill so they could get exp from the hunters. ('cause let's face it it's pain in the ass to just cst drones for exp for months and months getting shitty exp) (This I think is a veery old idea). And then because we already have pistol and rifle PAs why don't we make tradeskiller PAs? The tradeskiller PAs would give a bonus to the skill(s) that is/are used to help the hunter. In addition it would give GOOD resist so that the tradeskillers would be able to live after getting a shit storm out of the mobs while running damn slow because he is repping someones HL. Spys are known for their weak damage resistant you know. And mabye add some cst-eyes as a sequel for the retina eye. (At this point I would like to express my gratitude to the fine addition of the retina eye)

So just posted this out of curiosity 'cause I wanted to know if this is a real shitty idea.

ps. sorry for all the misspelling etc.

Biznatchy
22-07-04, 14:17
Its good really. This has been mulled over a few ways. KK doesnt seem to think that doing tradeskill deserves the ability to be out adventruing with the clan.

-=z=-
22-07-04, 16:09
I had to disagree, even though I love my tradeskillers and would love to leech experience.

Few pure tradeskillers have any business being in a combat team.

The only pure non-combat skills I could see that should get team xp is Driver\Hacker. Drivers for vehicles that have secondary gunner positions (Rhino, 4x4) should have their combat rank set high enough to get team experience. And I hope that HackNet will allow hackers to get applicable team exp if they are helping a team.

As for the tradeskill PA giving bonuses to tradeskills. I would love it, but we already have gloves. I don't see any rifle or HC gloves so I can't say that we are left out on the bonuses.

A wider selection of Eye implants would be nice, like res or barter. Research because you need very little bit you can get and barter currently has no implants.

I did like the idea presented by others that there be a PA that gives a huge bounus to transport to allow tradeskillers to carry more stuff. The minuses could be similar to the gloves to remove all offensive capabilities of the wearer.

All in all, I appreciate your desire to improve tradeskilling, I just don't agree with your ideas.

If you are bored tradeskilling by yourself, make a tradeskilling friend. A research & construciton team can level pretty good by themselves and can chat away like any other team.

If you desire a change of pace and want to feel involved in combat, take up some vehicle skill and drive a rhino for your tank friends. You won't currently get xp if your combat rank is too low (I wish they'd fix this), but you can negoiate a share of the loot.

msdong
22-07-04, 16:25
... And then because we already have pistol and rifle PAs why don't we make tradeskiller PAs? .....

NO, i mean is everything you can think of a PA ?

we get full customizeable apps in NC2 so why not have lab or factory equipment?
or lab and factory VHC ?

ok but to the topic. it would be nice if i could help a team with my skills. but tbh, why should anyone take a TL100 recycler to cave that leach XP when ALL ammo is buyable in every shop and is max TL 45 (?). hey how often do you need to repair an armour in cave ? and why not just run to the next shop any buy a new one from the money you earned ? new armour ~30k | trader 2-5k and a lot of time to look for him.
there is no dungeon where you need a remote repair tool to open the gate t othe main room.
or a hacker

before all your ideas can happen they need to change a lot of other stuff

Marx
22-07-04, 16:35
ok but to the topic. it would be nice if i could help a team with my skills. but tbh, why should anyone take a TL100 recycler to cave that leach XP when ALL ammo is buyable in every shop and is max TL 45 (?). hey how often do you need to repair an armour in cave ? and why not just run to the next shop any buy a new one from the money you earned ? new armour ~30k | trader 2-5k and a lot of time to look for him.
there is no dungeon where you need a remote repair tool to open the gate t othe main room.
or a hacker

Pretty much.

LTA
22-07-04, 16:59
Think that hit the nail on the head.... a-lot of things don't seem to completment each other, armour should be nice n expensive to encourage production of it, or at least limited to where it's vended (like pa/inqui 4) so other people may prefer to make it.
Decay rate is only really bad on Melee, so why not increase decay for reppers

infact before i even start going any further i have to consider the lack of available traders at times.... they need a-lot of things like combat peeps get to encourage people to play it.

How about some really nice tl 150 imps or some things that need tl 200+ to build or res, how about making prices reflect peoples cash flow, making the barter at high level to get things very cheap and encourage peeps to find em because of the standard prices.

Early Levels should get things to help them, but as they get higher and make loot there should be varying ways to reduce the bank balance with like store ... could also make Advanced A&W sell "cool" weapons for a large sum even some slotted ones for even more i mean if csts could get decent surely a&w could vend some for like 500k or something.

msdong
22-07-04, 17:07
...could also make Advanced A&W sell "cool" weapons for a large sum even some slotted ones for even more i mean if csts could get decent surely a&w could vend some for like 500k or something.

thats what player vendors are for. i really hope that ppl use them a lot to make NPC vendors obsolete.

LTA
22-07-04, 17:23
thats what player vendors are for. i really hope that ppl use them a lot to make NPC vendors obsolete.I forgot about them :p

my cst will defo be using it heh, i always batch build and end with multiple slotters so i will be vending them to players instead of a&w ...

for a decent rate of course :D