PDA

View Full Version : Post BDoY Faction Shift questions

Spikadelia
22-07-04, 13:00
In preparation for BDoY I have a couple of questions about how factions and particularly sympathies will change.

With the shifts in BDoY/Pro-City loyalties will we have our existing sympathies all returned to their base state, dependent on faction, similar to the levels after character creation?

Will Soul-light be gained/lost/re-set?

Is there a definitive guide yet about how the new F6 faction relationships will be organised between the cities?

Thanks in advance for answers/speculations. ;)

Sakletare
22-07-04, 13:16
With the shifts in BDoY/Pro-City loyalties will we have our existing sympathies all returned to their base state, dependent on faction, similar to the levels after character creation?

I sure hope not. It will only make the 1337 PK-kiddies that attack neutrals and allies happy. They will moan and demand a reset of all symps and sl of course but i hope KK will do as i and ignore them. Tough luck, you have to be ready to face up to the consequences of your actions.
Also, those who have been struggling to raise their symps with certain factions and/or sl would be "less than happy" to have all their work taken away.

Rob01m
22-07-04, 13:21
In preparation for BDoY I have a couple of questions about how factions and particularly sympathies will change.

Is there a definitive guide yet about how the new F6 faction relationships will be organised between the cities?

Thanks in advance for answers/speculations. ;)

I haven't heard any official or semi-official word on sympathy/SL resets, I doubt they'd do it though.

As for faction relationships... we know who is Pro-City and who is Anti-City pretty much, but we don't know who will be friendly/neutral/hostile to who yet.

For example, we know Tangent and BioTech are both Pro-city, but we don't know if they will be made true allies, be neutral (most likely perhaps), or stay hostile to one another. Since we know it will be a bit more Red vs Blue, I doubt Tangent - BioTech will still be hostile, though.

Sakletare
22-07-04, 13:28
For example, we know Tangent and BioTech are both Pro-city, but we don't know if they will be made true allies, be neutral (most likely perhaps), or stay hostile to one another. Since we know it will be a bit more Red vs Blue, I doubt Tangent - BioTech will still be hostile, though.
I agree. As i understand the information leaking out from KK all the factions in the empire (NC vs Doy) will work together but there will be "hidden" hostility between some factions. In other words; all factions in the same empire will be friendly to each other but some, like TT & BT i guess, will just be neutrals.

ezza
22-07-04, 13:40
nah leave it, my tank has -99 in all except BD and CS, and i like it that way

Dribble Joy
22-07-04, 13:42
There has been some stories in the cronicle about TT and BT coming closer together and putting aside the family feud.
Which to me is a bit... pants, I would rather one of them WON the feud and absorbed the other :D.

They have said that all members of each empire will be allied or neutral to each other.

Rob01m
22-07-04, 13:44
Okay, I have a question too!

It's speculated that the City Mercs will be pro-city right? What with the attack of Dome of York, and the contracts to pro-city factions, etc.

If CM are indeed pro-city, why are they green to DoY bots? Factions like City Administration, BioTech, etc are KOS to DoY bots, but CM, TG, etc are not. Anyone wonder about this?

Siygess
22-07-04, 14:02
Hmm, I wonder if it is still going to be fairly easy to change factions, especially between pro / anti city? From an epics point of view the anti-city factions have had plenty of time to get the pro-city epic items.. and after DoY, they're going to have no problem getting the anti-city epic items too. If it becomes particularly hard to change from pro to anti city later on, it would mean that existing players who end up in DoY, BD, TS, TG, FA and CS could have access to double the number of items that pro-city runners will.

I haven't forgotten that these people have had to wait forever for their epic runs to be implemented, but I dont think it's a fair trade off :(

EDIT: Not that this will be a problem on multi-character servers or for people with more than one account :)

ezza
22-07-04, 14:04
Hmm, I wonder if it is still going to be fairly easy to change factions, especially between pro / anti city? From an epics point of view the anti-city factions have had plenty of time to get the pro-city epic items.. and after DoY, they're going to have no problem getting the anti-city epic items too. If it becomes particularly hard to change from pro to anti city later on, it would mean that existing players who end up in DoY, BD, TS, TG, FA and CS could have access to double the number of items that pro-city runners will.

I haven't forgotten that these people have had to wait forever for their epic runs to be implemented, but I dont think it's a fair trade off :(

EDIT: Not that this will be a problem on multi-character servers or for people with more than one account :)they should have a dodgy geezer out in the wastes who for a large amount, more than the 300k to change to a alied faction, will change you from anti to pro, or pro to anti

Dribble Joy
22-07-04, 14:14
Okay, I have a question too!

It's speculated that the City Mercs will be pro-city right? What with the attack of Dome of York, and the contracts to pro-city factions, etc.

If CM are indeed pro-city, why are they green to DoY bots? Factions like City Administration, BioTech, etc are KOS to DoY bots, but CM, TG, etc are not. Anyone wonder about this?
CM, is in theory, the most neutral faction.

Though they are green to the city companies, that does not specifically that they are 'allied' to them.

If TT or BT or DRE are in trouble, CM will not come to their aid, unless they are paid, but the same could be said of TS, anyone can call on CM's assistance if they have the cash.

CM's hostilities are not as deeprooted as say.. CA and TG/CS. CM is hostile to TG because they do not agree with their methods, if not their cause. BD and CM share a blood fued of sorts, a BD member left the clan and CM took him in, BD want him dead and CM have agreed to protect him for his services (he is the sys-admin for CM now).

As to what CM will be with DoY, I don't know, I have heard rumours, but nothing more.

Sakletare
22-07-04, 14:18
they should have a dodgy geezer out in the wastes who for a large amount, more than the 300k to change to a alied faction, will change you from anti to pro, or pro to anti
Perhaps you are suposed to use the Anarchy Breed to go from one empire to the next.
That or the Trader Union, but that doesn't sound likely.

Mr_Snow
22-07-04, 14:18
CM are guns for hire, In theory if DoY hired them to attack CA and neocorn they should.

Rob01m
22-07-04, 14:30

Though they are green to the city companies, that does not specifically that they are 'allied' to them.

If TT or BT or DRE are in trouble, CM will not come to their aid, unless they are paid, but the same could be said of TS, anyone can call on CM's assistance if they have the cash.

CM's hostilities are not as deeprooted as say.. CA and TG/CS. CM is hostile to TG because they do not agree with their methods, if not their cause. BD and CM share a blood fued of sorts, a BD member left the clan and CM took him in, BD want him dead and CM have agreed to protect him for his services (he is the sys-admin for CM now).

As to what CM will be with DoY, I don't know, I have heard rumours, but nothing more.

I really can't see CM being neutral in all of this, despite the obvious definition of being mercenaries.

As you say, none of their connections are deep rooted, and seeing as how they are green to DoY bots, and DoY itself has said that they only raided the military base to launch a missile at Neocron, could perhaps CM be going on the anti-city side? Is it possible? o_O

CM are guns for hire, In theory if DoY hired them to attack CA and neocorn they should.

Yum yum, gotta love that neocorn. :p

Spikadelia
22-07-04, 14:54

I definitely think there should be factions outside of the major NC/DoY conflict with a more political neutral stance. CM are one of them as you say DJ. FA are also an obvious choice, I'm suprised that FA are moving into DoY thus losing a large degree of their impartiality.

I also think that TG's stance should be independent and not instant DoY associates.

As for Anarchy Breed well I piffled on at length about that a few days ago

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104196

ezza
22-07-04, 15:00
I also think that TG's stance should be independent and not instant DoY associates. dunno about that, i mean TG jumped at the chance to allie with Crahn, who are a former i suppose dictatorship of neocron, and would do the same again at the drop of a hat.

not really who TG would want as allie, so why not another unlikely allie, maybe Doys ideals are more inline with how TG think

Siygess
22-07-04, 15:07
That, or TG simply believes that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. After all, TG are supposed to be a small-ish group of freedom fighters / terrorists* who can't be too picky about the people they ally with if they want to achieve their objective. Of course, thats not quite how things are in game.. :D

* depending on your point of view.