PDA

View Full Version : PPU's and their soul clusters

enigma_b17
22-07-04, 12:28
Ok avin goin round on my ppu on his own recently i ave seen that a soul cluster is more like a mob then it is a weapon of a runner. This is my idea

- Link Soul clusters to their PPU's, ie make them more like a weapon of the ppu rather then the ppu casting a mob, and give the ppu slightly more control over it.

- Increase the damage the "Holy" create focus's do, to reflect a weapon. This way ppus could lvl solo. ** Note this would apply in PVM only **

-Remove the ability for ppus to cast them on runners, stop them from attacking runners. They only attack a runner which attacks the ppu, ie keep it passive in nature.

Thats all

Richard Slade
22-07-04, 12:34
I say remove souclusters...
A PPU could fist about any mob to death as it is...

Rob01m
22-07-04, 12:35
I say remove souclusters...
A PPU could fist about any mob to death as it is...

Don't forget the mighty sword. :lol:

enigma_b17
22-07-04, 12:35
lol that may be so, but spending 2 days tryin to kill a grim chaser isnt exactly somed id like to do :P

"Don't forget the mighty sword"

ok that is a possibility aswell, but im going for a way of lvling and huntin using their main skill, just like every other class

Richard Slade
22-07-04, 12:40
PPUs are not to be hunting alone, cuz they ain't offensive..
Maybe if they could overheal someone to death :p
If not, I say no offense for them...
And if they're gonna have offense remove the first P in PPU......!!

Melkior
22-07-04, 13:41
edit: ignore me its late

MjukisDjur
22-07-04, 13:44
Give ppus weapons? Yea sure...

Mr_Snow
22-07-04, 13:56
If you want to kill stuff then lom to apu, ppus arent meant to kill stuff they are meant to help others kill stuff and the only use a soucluster should have is to distract mobs during a res.

alypaa
22-07-04, 14:10
lol that may be so, but spending 2 days tryin to kill a grim chaser isnt exactly somed id like to do :P

I actually did this after they removed the poking dexp. Took forever to kill it in drugflashes and the little bastards that he spawned forced me to heal myself quite a lot. :)

Cubico
22-07-04, 14:16
PPUs are not to be hunting alone, cuz they ain't offensive..
Maybe if they could overheal someone to death :p
If not, I say no offense for them...
And if they're gonna have offense remove the first P in PPU......!!

Oh, if they are not offensive, why can they damage boost and parabuff runners then?
Where did you read that "PPUs not to be hunting alone"? Where? Same source that said that spies are not for pvp?

Hunting with soulclusters is possible, and you get rares too. But a) it takes too long to bring down a mob and b) its bugged.

Mr_Snow
22-07-04, 14:22
The name passive psi monk says they arent meant to be offense, para shouldnt be in game and was origionally meant as a defense for ppu's so they could slow down people chasing them and get from harms way but its very rarely used for that these days.

Archeus
22-07-04, 14:27
PPUs can already control SC's as a weapon? Or is that bug still in that they can't?

Richard Slade
22-07-04, 14:43
Lol dude that's just so lame... You, as everyone is, should very aware of that I'm 99% playing spy, only, for all needs and I've never stated spies are not for PvP just as well as I've always said Spy owns everyone else o_O

Sure PPUs goot HP and DB but I still say that the DB isn't a DAMAGING spell and that the HP should have damage removed, as it is not to be considered and offensive spell but a self preserving spell then

And if we quickly look away from you [ edited ] statement and look at the facts we can draw a simple parallel(spelling?)- Why can't a pure APU use a holy heal? I mean just because he can attack he shouldn't be able to heal himself, did you read somewhere that APUs are not made for surviving?

Just drop it as you know just as well as me that A is for Aggro and P is for Passive, which means Kill and Survive in the end.
SIMPLE
Or do I have to clearify this even more?

Also excuse the typos, I just got very very pissed off

Oh, if they are not offensive, why can they damage boost and parabuff runners then?
Where did you read that "PPUs not to be hunting alone"? Where? Same source that said that spies are not for pvp?

Hunting with soulclusters is possible, and you get rares too. But a) it takes too long to bring down a mob and b) its bugged.

Candaman
22-07-04, 14:50
if your mad go hybrid then u can heal and attack all is happy

Alice
22-07-04, 14:51
All I will say is, you don't see military paramedics in the real world, with no weapons, or weapon training. Each one was at first a soldier, and has to have combat testing every so often to make sure they are still able to give cover fire, and support themselves in times of need.

I like the idea of the soul cluster, but in practice it is awful. If it even attacks the right mob, it doesn't do much. Now, maybe if it attacked anything that was damage boosted, (which if they can code the AI to attack the strongest first, they can do this), and carried on attacking it until it was dead, then that would at least be somewhat more useful.

Cubico
22-07-04, 15:06
Why can't a pure APU use a holy heal? I mean just because he can attack he shouldn't be able to heal himself, did you read somewhere that APUs are not made for surviving?

Also excuse the typos, I just got very very pissed off

A APU can use tl3 heal (or medipack) when he is hunting mobs. And he can hide behind hills etc.
A PPU need to wait much too long until the mob is dead.
There are times in the game when nobody needs a PPU, so what shall he do in this "downtime"? Is it a good game feature to hinder chars from playing? No. Should it be changed? Yes.

In germany a fairly big game magazine made a report about next generation MMORPGS, and the results of this reports are still ignored.

If you are pissed off then dont reply until you back down. Also, if you want to discuss about DAMAGE then dont say OFFENSIVE.

ino
22-07-04, 16:03
the only thing they should do to the soulclusters is, up the rof aliiiiiittle, force the cluster to stay atleast 20m from the caster at all times and stop running away all the time.

A soulcluster and a damn raptor, swoosch and the two are so damn high you cant even see where they are. If they would change thoose two things it would be a decent but still pretty slow way of having some fun alone when there isnt anyone arround to ppu. If they remove the dmg made by sl's to players I wont mind that at all.

Sakletare
22-07-04, 16:22
the only thing they should do to the soulclusters is, up the rof aliiiiiittle, force the cluster to stay atleast 20m from the caster at all times and stop running away all the time.
I second that, with one exeption. It's good that the soulcluster moves away from the PPU when he cast it to be able to rezz a team member that died under a Grim Chaser. But mostly the SC takes a few hits from the mob and runs and hides on the other side of the zone. o_O

Mr_Snow
22-07-04, 16:38
A ppu isnt a combat medic he is a psionic monk who has trained in the arts of healing and regeneration using his mind, if you want to do damage be a hybrid or apu and not a pure ppu.

Cerbious
22-07-04, 17:19
You know the ppu's u cant kill, well if u add this now they fight back!

Shadow Dancer
22-07-04, 18:08
I like the idea, I vote yes.

ezza
22-07-04, 18:23
ideas ok, but still should be able to attack runners with it.

it discourages runners from attacking the ppu.

funniest thing i ever saw was when my ppu clan mate(during the days of hybrids)cast his soul cluster and it killed a enemy runner, funny shit, not gonna embarass the person who died though.

Archeus
22-07-04, 18:26

Use the low level SC casting spell as a command spell, and use distract monster as well and you have full command of the soul cluster and where it should go and when.

Soothsayer
22-07-04, 18:52
If the soulclusters actually did damage everytime they hit, they would be fine.

I have cast them in the middle of a pack of high level mobs, then had to play 'dodge the fireball' until one of the sc's hits actually registered.

ino
23-07-04, 07:23
Archeus, i've tried all the soulcluster command stories and it works like a bag of shit. atleast my sl doesnt cancel mission whenever i recast the cluster aiming at something else, it just keeps on doing whatever it was that it was doing before. Tho if I just recast the entire sl and aims the spell after on a certain mob it mostly goes there and attaks until chickening out and wanders off.

And I dont mind the cluster to maby wander off to actually do something useful. I mainly tought about get hit and run away thing.

if they would fix those things I belive the sl is pretty much what it should be.

phunqe
23-07-04, 09:25
I would give up control of the SC completely to make it work to defend you passively. I.e if you get attacked, it attacks the person harming you.

This would work in PvM situations as well.

Btw, a PPU can quite easily get an APU down with a SC. It hurts them quite a bit. Problem is, it has to be open terrain since the SC hasn't gotten the law of physics regarding line of sight yet :p

Richard Slade
23-07-04, 11:48
Great.. The new revolution
AGAIN
Everyone removes their Melee tanks and pistol PE's and fetches a PPU instead
Nothing BUT PPUs and spies in the whole game....
Christ....

Menolak
23-07-04, 14:17
Btw, a PPU can quite easily get an APU down with a SC. It hurts them quite a bit. :p
Yes.
Yes it does...
my buddies SC, its the biggest one, forgot the level...if i don't keep moving, medkitting, and and attacking..I'm dead.Simple as that. I never took the stupid things seriously, myself, until I got killed by them.

Those Worm Caves that are full of bad-guy SC's open your eyes to their potential, too..:)

ezza
23-07-04, 14:30
Great.. The new revolution
AGAIN
Everyone removes their Melee tanks and pistol PE's and fetches a PPU instead
Nothing BUT PPUs and spies in the whole game....
Christ....
o_O im quiet happy not playing a ppu or a spy