PDA

View Full Version : Dragonflies and stingers lol

Menolak
22-07-04, 12:01
I couldn't believe it..I walked into a swarm of like 20 or 25 Big Dragonflies....(i think thats the name, the ones that seem to do okay damage! :)
Dammnit, I'm a 59/52 APU...they pwned me!!!!!!badly, too...
I got like 6 or 7 with my HL...but that was it ....ouch
Those thing are insane...
Maybe this is a pointless thread, but those things are frickin' insane...
At least slow them down, or de-nerf the monk aiming (if that ever happened?) so it's actually possible to hit them...a couple of them even took a couple of HL hits before dying..I dont cap it yet, I'm getting close to 480% on the damage, but....wow

Rob01m
22-07-04, 12:04
Dragonflies are the strongest mobs in the game, nobody told you? :lol:

Seriously though, their damage seems a little much for their level, and their hitbox is way too small, sometimes it gets very slim vertically too.

enigma_b17
o god yea, theyr one of the most powerful mobs in the game and theyr only what, 30 or 40 rank. Those things own the be-jasus out of pretty much every1 but ppus pes and tanks. Those scorpian things up near tescom and those sectors are also the same, and dont get me started on spider bots :P

Nasher
The damage they do on their own isnt much but a swarm of them is nasty :P

Rob01m
22-07-04, 12:05
The damage they do on their own isnt much but a swarm of them is nasty :P

When is there ever really a lone dragonfly though? I've never seen them aside from groups.

phunqe
22-07-04, 12:05
I think you got most people's sympathies... until you wrote

...or de-nerf the monk aiming...

:p ;)

juvestar15
22-07-04, 12:06
I fear them more than Warbots when running to MB. :(
Scropions and spiderbots too are annoying, but those dragon flies can hardly been seen and shoot a country mile.

MjukisDjur
22-07-04, 12:07
Almost as bad as having a small spiderbot trying to kill you 500m away in the zone :)
Those fuckers hurt.

Problem with dragonflies is the movement. Even with a monk its hard to actually hit the buggers. 90% of the time the spell will fizzle :)
KK, nerf them instead of nerfing "everything" else in the game please

enigma_b17
22-07-04, 12:10
spiderbots dont hurt really lol, its just their range. That noise is sooooooo annoying, standing there fightin a warbot, next thing u hear is "click, click, click" u look around nothing, go back to fighting, "click, click, click", look around nothing again. Kill the warbot and just as u are about to hack u c the shape of a spider bot emerging from the fog about 3 zones away

Rob01m
22-07-04, 12:15
spiderbots dont hurt really lol, its just their range. That noise is sooooooo annoying, standing there fightin a warbot, next thing u hear is "click, click, click" u look around nothing, go back to fighting, "click, click, click", look around nothing again. Kill the warbot and just as u are about to hack u c the shape of a spider bot emerging from the fog about 3 zones away

So true! :lol:

Hopefully in the future we can see much further than now, and spiderbots wouldn't be so much of a problem.

garyu69
22-07-04, 12:17
FEAR THEM!!!!

http://neocron.garyu69.com/mobshot/Big%20Dragonfly.jpg

phunqe
22-07-04, 12:17

Lol, they kinda hurt on my kami spy...
It's really freaky when I'm hunting WBs... "omg I heard something" "must look behind this hill". Also when I have killed I always circle the immediate area for pesky spiderbots o_O

I swear they have satellite navigational systems "Yes hello, spiderbot central here.. we have a spy running around in a gimp suit 5km east of your position" *50 bots get excited and strafes to my position* o_O

r0ti0n
22-07-04, 12:21
lol you should try creating a Fallen Angels or City Merc noob and try running to Neocron. :lol:

i died so many time :(

enigma_b17
22-07-04, 12:22
Yea id do that aswell if could be bothered but they just spawn everywhere so i find it pointless, I mean theyr range is so great that this call for help thing is irrelevant. In most cases if theres a warbot between u and a spiderbot, the spiderbot would start shootin u before u even saw the warbot. and that sound ahhhhh, drives me insane, /set ctrl_sfxvolume 0

Candaman
22-07-04, 12:25
yeah i would actually like to see monk aim un nerfed aswell if perhaps the reticle could track the target and auto lock on aswell plz thnx

Rob01m
22-07-04, 12:27
yeah i would actually like to see monk aim un nerfed aswell if perhaps the reticle could track the target and auto lock on aswell plz thnx

:lol:

Yeah, really though Menolak, how is monk aim nerfed in the first place? :confused:

enigma_b17
22-07-04, 12:32
"yeah i would actually like to see monk aim un nerfed aswell if perhaps the reticle could track the target and auto lock on aswell plz thnx"

monk aiming got nerfed? where was i when this happened :|

Mr Kot
22-07-04, 12:44
I swear they have satellite navigational systems "Yes hello, spiderbot central here.. we have a spy running around in a gimp suit 5km east of your position" *50 bots get excited and strafes to my position* o_O

:lol: :lol: LMAO!!! :lol: :lol:

Actually, thats no exaggeration. I went to MB on saturn yesterday to bag me a couple of warbots, and look what turned up!!!

http://www.davesdrivertraining.co.uk/neocron/spiderbot hell!.jpg

good job i was on my melee tank at the time!

[OT] @ the bored GM who organised the spawn: nice work! i could barely carry all the Techs i ended up hacking from the 40 warbot "army" that appeared too. And as for the giant rat swarm that appeared at the bunker, nice touch! The noobs there had a field day and would have levelled like crazy. It's the little surprise events like this that keep the game interesting. It will stop people moaning about the droprates and spawnrates and the xp gained from a team killing this many mobs (almost) makes up for the reduced repair xp. Keep the launcher cyclops spawning in batches of ten too. More people can be doing missions at the same time, without hanging around to batter the one clops that ten other ppl kill before u get there o_O

landofcake
22-07-04, 13:01
ah ... Dragonflies ... many a time have i been hassled by them when i was a new player ... and those bloody Black Roaches !!! :D

Rob01m
22-07-04, 13:07
ah ... Dragonflies ... many a time have i been hassled by them when i was a new player ... and those bloody Black Roaches !!! :D

Black Roaches are even harder to aim at... at least they don't do much damage though. :D

I remember once outside Tech Haven, a couple years back, I was hiding by one of those blue structures trying to avoid a hovereye. I kept hearing that annoying chomping sound, and the black roach pushed me to where the hovereye could see me before I could react. :(

Mantiz
22-07-04, 13:32
Aye, a TG low level going to neocron will fear those flies more then the STORM bots... makes sense ? Good thing sep1+ will change that ;)

Menolak
22-07-04, 14:03
o god yea, theyr one of the most powerful mobs in the game and theyr only what, 30 or 40 rank. Those things own the be-jasus out of pretty much every1 but ppus pes and tanks. Those scorpian things up near tescom and those sectors are also the same, and dont get me started on spider bots :P

don't get ME started...same thing almost happened again tonight with 2 big spiderbots, 1 small, and a shitload of little houndbots. near I-11,..they broke my legs, I just BARELY escaped..that one was funny

Menolak
22-07-04, 14:05
I think you got most people's sympathies... until you wrote

:p ;)

someone had told me they screwed with monk aiming a bit, more fizzles, I dunno, I've been playing a while now, still got a bit of niblet left in me though :)
That's what I heard, beats me if it's true

ezza
22-07-04, 14:06
not sure which is funnier you getting owned by dragonflies or phunge getting owned by gease(sp)

Menolak
22-07-04, 14:07
lol you should try creating a Fallen Angels or City Merc noob and try running to Neocron. :lol:

i died so many time :(

I was actually trying to protect a CM 0/2 from them, on the way to NC for her first time..lol

[TgR]HusK
22-07-04, 14:37
There about the only mob I know thats realy scaring the shit out of me, why not make a cool place for them with even higher level ones? Just for the heck of it :p I say, don't nerf em, there to special :x

StryfeX
22-07-04, 17:35
By themselves dragonflies aren't too bad, but in a swarm... OMFG. Those things are pure evil in swarms.

--Stryfe

LTA
22-07-04, 17:43
I was running past Tyron and made the mistake of going near the water, i heard "TICK, TICK, TICK"350 hp ********** of by a swarm of em befor ei could react :(

LiL T
22-07-04, 17:56
Total pain in the arse those things hehe oh and hearing some high level APU on clan TS getting eaten alive by them with nobody to protect him is funny shit :lol: :lol:

ichinin
22-07-04, 20:22
Am i hearing you correctly?

Hard to take out Spiderbots and Stingers/Dragonflies? Geez... Bring a rifle spy to protect you from the "horrible" creatures.

I've even taken them out with a MELEE TANK.. (take out 1 at a time, hide behind trees etc)

seraphian
22-07-04, 20:40
I swear, those little dragonflies are tougher to kill with Seraphian than the crystal cave fliers, no shit...

they should make a whole cave full of dragonflies... not 120/120 dragonflies, just the normal OZ-storage or swamp zone variety, put enough in there and I'd rather run from gab mine to tescom through the DoY tunnels than go in there...

then again could you imagine a 120/120 dragonfly? drops rares like hell and like a 'stinger blade' lowtech melee weapon, pure poison damage TL 90 or so... that would pwn.