PDA

View Full Version : How its going to work ? [BDoY]

Ryuben
22-07-04, 04:19
The way i seee KK playing this is one sep 1st

Nc 2 Will be released but it will be a glorifyed Beta test.

let me explain

Atm we have Neocron + bugs, they want NC2 with no bugs, and so do the marketing guys.

I think they are useing the beta to see what they have fixed and not fixed, and will use the furst 3 months so probly till nov time will they start the NC Hype.

They want a product that they can market as they see fit, so they are going to use beta and i say about 1-2 months time adding patches to fix bugs + to pimp NC

I think the _real_ marketing for this game will only start after about 2-3 (excluding hot patches) patches after sept 1'st as Big ben are probly waiting to see how it pans out, the last thing they want to do is bring in 10k players only to see 9k leave that will never come back.

So really what they will do is stager the release of NC2, offical release will be sept 1st, but there will be quite a few patches and with each patch it will get Pimped More and more, so by about mid november for the xmass rush u will have a NC2 band wagan of hype (we can dream heh)

What are your thoughts?

{its 3.19 am im not sleeping if it didn't make sense DM meh and ill edit it :D}

Glok
22-07-04, 04:25
Sure, why not. :D

alypaa
22-07-04, 04:35
I think one of the reasons why they would start the hype moths after it has come out is that they want to be able to say "come play the game with hundreds of other ppl". KK prolly wants new ppl to think NC is FULL of players and that might not be the case in the first weeks or so.

Agent L
22-07-04, 08:08
IMHO it's not KK not knowing NC have bugs, it's them being unable to afford fixing them.

Cubico
22-07-04, 08:32
My thoughts ...

all the money that is spent by a company to acquire new customers is thrown out of the window if the product is not good.

And one disappointed customer will tell his annoyance ten other potential customers. German car manufactures found that out in the early 90s.

athon
22-07-04, 11:07
Or to be optimistic (sp?) (for once) KK have used the time they delayed the release of BDoY for to fix the vast majority of bugs and problems with the game, and the Beta is a double-checking, making sure they haven't missed anything major (hell even the volunteer test server users do that - so KK aren't the only ones to blame for bugs on retail).

The release will go as planned, everyone will worship KK and forgive all past sins.

Athon Solo

notneo
22-07-04, 12:44
i for one do not mind doing effectivly open beta for nc2 if it is realesed erly if at the end of it all it works and we get an increase in server population

winnoc
22-07-04, 12:50
I think there'll be bugs anyway, as in all software.

However, i DO hope they tested the new servers for +500 people online, as i would hate to see new people comming in and then all of us crashing and finaly leaving the game.

Sovellis
22-07-04, 12:58
Would be good to see if they opened up a server and invited people from every single server to have a Plaza Party. That should be around 500+ people if they market it right. Im sure that would test the servers.

Syntax-Error
22-07-04, 12:59
Well its a very smart move to make it NC 2. what is more intrested.. yet another addon for yet another mmorpg or NC 2 a whole new updated upgraded game. ill dont know maybe its just me. happened with Ultima Online. when they announced uxo i was like YES!!! and now they cancled it and said "were making an expansion" its like.. wow.. another one.

Rob01m
22-07-04, 12:59
Well its a very smart move to make it NC 2. what is more intrested.. yet another addon for yet another mmorpg or NC 2 a whole new updated upgraded game. ill dont know maybe its just me. happened with Ultima Online. when they announced uxo i was like YES!!! and now they cancled it and said "were making an expansion" its like.. wow.. another one.

I feel the same way. :D

Benjie
22-07-04, 14:45
I think Reakktor feel pressured by the community to release on September the 1st, regardless of whether or not it's actually completely finished. Personally I would prefere yet another delay to an unfinished product, and I would prefere patches were kept to a minimum immedietly after the release.

garyu69
22-07-04, 14:51
I just hope that KK get a publisher outside of Germany as well.

Type X
28-07-04, 10:22
I think Reakktor feel pressured by the community to release on September the 1st, regardless of whether or not it's actually completely finished. Personally I would prefere yet another delay to an unfinished product, and I would prefere patches were kept to a minimum immedietly after the release.

I think you give "the community" too much credit, I dont think KK really cares whats said on these forums thats critical of thier work and so forth, I could be wrong but thats my interpretation.

svenw
28-07-04, 11:07
KK cares for the people, they just don't have the resources to cope with everything. I would have liked to see, what KK had made out of NC with a SWG budget.

they are working on DOY for a long time and IMHO they just tied to keep the server alive till NC2 goes Gold.

With NC2 they have the oppurtunity to make thinks they couldn't do otherwise (whole new DB, new grafic engine etc)

NC2 will have bugs! Thats not a guess but a fact. If you take a look at every major Add-on or release of an MMORG there have always been lots of bugs. MMORPGs are bananaware, like it or not.

Clownst0pper
28-07-04, 11:13
If KK new how to fix the fatals, they would have already? Or are they just hoping that there original clientell gets pissed off with them, and quits, fresh start and all. :rolleyes:

Yes Ryuben, I agree with you :)

notneo
28-07-04, 12:43
if we had less servers then the overall cost of maintenece would be less,so more money could be spent on support/new content

an idea would be to merge the english servers,whats that save 30% of costs??

i know there are a lot of tecnical issues here but a thought??

Dribble Joy
28-07-04, 12:48
IMHO it's not KK not knowing NC have bugs, it's them being unable to afford fixing them.
There are also many bugs that are down to the way the base code has been written, without an engine re-write, they cannot fix them.
Hense several major fixes with DoY.