PDA

View Full Version : DoY - (FilePlanet) Question.

Plasma
21-07-04, 21:30
Woohoo, back into NC again.. its been a while since i've last played. I've noticed the player drop in the servers, so heres what I was thinking about. When DoY is realeased if you went with FilePlanet and managed to get on the front page that would certainly bring alot of people back to Neocron. Feel free to post your opinions..
:)

SjanTeN^
21-07-04, 21:32
Guess it would be an idea.

switchback
21-07-04, 21:32
actually nota bad idea, but would no doubt cost a lot of money getting on there front page, but would probs be cost effective. nice idea mate

manderf
21-07-04, 21:34
people like to try things in beta first. Since kk is starting beta a bit late seeing the games coming out september 1st, it might get more old people to come back but no new player base

Plasma
21-07-04, 21:36
Yea I can see what your saying. I also see the fact that sometimes when I go to Fileplanet and check out the front page if a game looks half way decent I will deffinatly give it a try. So its possible to get some new people.

Plasma
21-07-04, 21:38
Switchback: Your probably right, I wasnt sure Fileplanet was paid by the game makers though, I thought they made all their money through advertisements from other companys. So if it didnt cost anything that would be cool. But as I said before you are probably right about the cost.

switchback
21-07-04, 21:43
Switchback: Your probably right, I wasnt sure Fileplanet was paid by the game makers though, I thought they made all their money through advertisements from other companys. So if it didnt cost anything that would be cool. But as I said before you are probably right about the cost.

its the game makers that advertise there, and no doubt pay a shit load for the privalage

Plasma
21-07-04, 22:10
What about the mod desertcombat for battlefield 1942. They dont pay anything and still get on the front page.

joran420
21-07-04, 22:19
DC being on the front page is prolly just due to demand

capt-o
22-07-04, 04:21
Fileplanet is an excellent idea, if the NC beta 4 hadn't been on fileplanet's front page when it came out I would have never heard about it, the MMORPG genre, and I certainly would've never gotten addicted to the neocrack that it is. :cool:

Maybe an old mod or early beta player could tell us if the server population increased dramatically (or at least noticeably) when the beta hit open status/ fileplanet?

Plasma
22-07-04, 16:26
I was in NC since the begining and ever since I have played i've seen the major population drops. I still think fileplanet would boost Neocron alot if they decided to do it. I still remember the good old days at op battles and such where it was 40 vs 40.. and now thats about the population of pluto at any given time. Anyway just a suggestion to KK. :D

Capt"o" - I would have never heard of Neocron if it hadnt been on fileplanet.