PDA

View Full Version : [Threads Merged]- Remote Repair Tool DISABLED?!?!

hivemind
21-07-04, 21:09
Great idea. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Is it gonna stay disabled until DoY, like missions on Saturn?

[edit] Sorry, linky. http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=101227

Maarten
21-07-04, 21:13
No flame intended, but why does KK doesn't want us to level DEX on our monks?

greendonkeyuk
21-07-04, 21:14
its a new hybrid nerf. lol, they want you to run slower than shit so you can be peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekayyed easier.

stebedford
21-07-04, 21:17
Err what are combat drivers supposed to do now? I dont want to rep my vhc at a depot every time it gets damaged! that will cost a fortune!

hivemind
21-07-04, 21:18
Err what are combat drivers supposed to do now? I dont want to rep my vhc at a depot every time it gets damaged! that will cost a fortune!
That was my thought, as I sit here lomming out 180 points of P-C on my PE to make a HC/driver PE...

LTA
21-07-04, 21:19
Yeah so much for those spies who genuinly wanted to rep their vhcs after hunting and shizzle...

it may not be for long but heh it's gonna stop them for a while especially the ones who specced rep purely to rep their vhcs instead of paying asg prices O_o

Mighty Max
21-07-04, 21:21
No flame intended, but why does KK doesn't want us to level DEX on our monks?

Its more directed to the Spies/PE/Tank capping Dex in some hours macroing

The monk isnt much effected by this as far as i tested.

Good that it was disabled

stebedford
21-07-04, 21:22
god damn you kk, why dont you just remove the exp from repping instead of stopping us repping full stop!! ffs

Doc Holliday
21-07-04, 21:22
its designed to fuck the 1337 h4xpl0iterz. sadly it got others too but thats the price u pay i guess. it will make those that hack and cheat so much more loved.

Maarten
21-07-04, 21:23
Oh great... All the normal players are getting punished again because some shitheads decided it would be fun to cheat the system... :(

Marx
21-07-04, 21:26
Oh great... All the normal players are getting punished again because some shitheads decided it would be fun to cheat the system... :(
It's the name of the game, some players still wonder why the 100k policy exists.

stebedford
21-07-04, 21:26

i agree its shit, were being fucked over, kk could have handled this a lot better!

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 21:28
i agree its shit, were being fucked over, kk could have handled this a lot better!

Typical sledgehammer approach. Well for the duration of the tool outage I think its only right vehicle reps at an asg should be free.

Mighty Max
21-07-04, 21:29

If you tell them how, i am sure theyd do it.
But, reducing XP didnt work.

So stop them from beeing able to do it.

Or shall they ban again dozens of accts ?

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 21:32

Simple. Remove rep exp altogether.....much easier approach than that dont you think? That and add some FEASIBLE to level monk dex please.

stebedford

Like i said, why not just remove the exp from remote repping instead of stopping repping altogether

Ozambabbaz
effectively put 2 SXR chars out of commision, plz do remedy this ASAP and no longer than 1 full day.

MkVenner
21-07-04, 21:33
like some one said, couldnt they have just reduced it to nil, so i can still rep my stuff, just gain no XP?

hehe too late :p

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 21:35
Fucking KK. This is the stupest thing they have done to date. It's not like everyone was doing it. Only some people. When will this be fixed? I guess the same time us saturn players can do missons. This is total bullshit. Fix this shit ASAP fuck it fix everything tomarrow.

Slaughter

stebedford
21-07-04, 21:36
Well done kk, do you employ idiots in your office thinking up ways of fucking us over??

- kk employee 1 "duh teh monks can lvl off repping, what we do?"

- kk employee 2 "errr i dunno, stop repping?"

- kk employee 1 "yeh, we do that, tis good and means we dont have to think about what we are doing and we get to go back to sleep"

Reminds me of a phrase... you pay peanuts....

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 21:39
Thank You!!

Oh, and before you all scream, reduce Repair Xp to nothing..

What about all us Repair Tradeskillers out there? So I get jack jones for Repping equipment and items at Plaza?

This is the problem:

Even a small amount of Repair Xp, was allowing people to sit and repair for hours on end, thus racking up huge amounts of Xp in three Skills.
Like Researching Punishers, although that's a lot more annoying to do.

At the end of the day, yes, it's fairly sledgehammer, but then again, if maybe the entire feckin' server hadn't abused this, it wouldn't have happened.

Maybe if people had stopped when Reakktor had asked, this wouldn't have happened, which is a tad much to ask, I know.

Reakktor might have been able to ban people for doing it, and it might have been more effective, but then again, people would have kicked up a storm in a teacup about it.

So a harsh fix, but a working fix.

Although I agree, ASG Repair costs should be free or seriously reduced, for the duration of this fix.

SjanTeN^
21-07-04, 21:40

I think the combat drivers will get a serious problem due to the fact they cant repair theire vehicles without going to a maybe camped ASG. I dont really think they went out hunting hoping the vehicle would get damaged so they could gain a little exp on that. No this is an mistake. Nerf the repair exp gain and return the remote repair tool.

-=z=-
21-07-04, 21:40
Can we get at least get the Tradeskill XP reset to its previous levels now???

In case you're wondering what I'm talking about see here:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=101468&page=2&pp=15

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 21:41
KK? Hotfix something? When was the last time they did that? The new approach is 'sledgehammer', slaughter. Nice one KK and exploiters....fuck everyone else over why don't you? I already can't level my pure conster from scratch because of the tradeskill exp nerf now you want to render my driver unusable to....WTG KK thanks for taking 2 of my chars out of action =/.

Mighty Max
21-07-04, 21:42
Like i said, why not just remove the exp from remote repping instead of stopping repping altogether

Because it simply didnt work?

I mean, what did they do, reduce it to nearly 0, and what did it do? Jump back to 100%

You (continuing-repping-)guys, are exploiting a weak game mechanic, either deal with the disable, or ask for getting banned.

I am sick of hearing "OMG AN EXPLOITER!" ... "Me? no THAT is not an exploit if I do it". Get some kind of morality.

My APU capped Dex as one of the first skills, it is possible in the way of normal playing. So dont tell me shit about "We need to use that exploit"

LTA
21-07-04, 21:43
KK? Hotfix The new approach is 'sledgehammer', slaughter. .New??

how long have you been playing dude lol

it's been their approach for a long time, i remember one dude from when i started whose sig was full of piss take things like "Omg He gained 2xp arm the ICBNM's" (Intercontinental Ballistic Nerf Missiles)

"Omg he does more damage load the Orbital Nerf Cannon"

Was kinda funneh :p

"My APU capped Dex as one of the first skills, it is possible in the way of normal playing. So dont tell me shit about "We need to use that exploit"

So apart from doing 200000 odd missions how did you do it?
Cuz apart from loming to drone or something you ain't doin it with tradeskills

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 21:44
Thank You!!

[ edited ] This was such hardcore. They could of made the XP *oh shock* ZERO *shock*. There was other things to do instead of doing this.

Slaughter

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 21:45
[ edited ]. This was such hardcore. They could of made the XP *oh shock* ZERO *shock*. There was other things to do instead of doing this.

Keep your abusive language to yourself [ edited ], because I know for a fact that a certain clan with a certain person in it had most of their members doing this exploit, all goddamn day, every goddamn day.
I know because I sent screenies of all of them to Abuse, as well as killing a few of them.

So cry me a river, as the saying goes.

They could of made the XP *oh shock* ZERO *shock*. There was other things to do instead of doing this.

At the same time, doing Repairing Traders out of their legitimate Xp. It works both ways.

hivemind
21-07-04, 21:46
I'm really feeling for the PEs who use trike driveby's as their main form of PvP now. They're pretty much fucked, as that tactic relied on getting away to repair and returning.

stebedford
21-07-04, 21:46

I mean, what did they do, reduce it to nearly 0, and what did it do? Jump back to 100%

You (continuing-repping-)guys, are exploiting a weak game mechanic, either deal with the disable, or ask for getting banned.

I am sick of hearing "OMG AN EXPLOITER!" ... "Me? no THAT is not an exploit if I do it". Get some kind of morality.

My APU capped Dex as one of the first skills, it is possible in the way of normal playing. So dont tell me shit about "We need to use that exploit"

from reading that i would guess you dont have a combat driver so you have no idea what this means for ppl who hunt in trikes, theres only a few asg's on the map, when your trike is almost dead it costs alot to get it repped at an asg and the chances are there could be ppl camping there waiting for drivers to come back to get an easy kill.

I said REMOVE the exp, not "reduce to nearly 0". They can reduce the exp give for poking epic chips so im damn sure they can remove the exp give for repping!

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 21:47

o0 if you say so....
I think you will find zero is a lot more effective at stopping an exploit than next to zero dontcha think? Or do you not wanna concede that point MM? Yes the exploiting has to stop but disabling the tool is NOT the way to go about this one.

Ferabukoo
21-07-04, 21:48
they dont fix the exploit because they dont know how, or dont have the man power to look into it. Their dev team is kinda getting tired and instead of trying to fix it, they just take the easy way out, and disable the tool, should have seen this coming, always the neocron way. the easy way out..

Va Va Voom!
21-07-04, 21:48
Jesus christ Kk youve done some stupid shit before.........

jesus christ..........

Doc Holliday
21-07-04, 21:50
means u all gotta get out your trikes and get some skills. haw haw haw. sorry im kidding.

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 21:51
Keep your abusive language to yourself [ edited ], because I know for a fact that a certain clan with a certain person in it had most of their members doing this exploit, all goddamn day, every goddamn day.
I know because I sent screenies of all of them to Abuse, as well as killing a few of them.

At the same time, doing Repairing Traders out of their legitimate Xp. It works both ways.

I dont care who or what you saw. I was not there on my monk or any of my chars. So dont even try to assume that i was. I dont even know what clan you are talking about. I have a pure resser/repper and i would of rather seen the Xp set to ZERO instead of this. At least people could still repair there VHC's. It's only fair that way.

Slaughter

Mighty Max
21-07-04, 21:51
I can understand a little for the drivers, but honestly, you arent blocked from playing. And the ones shouting here the most, are not the ones who can pay the bill of ASG repping.

Again, fixing XP didnt work, get it. 0 or nearly 0 doesnt mean anything if players get around the reduction.

But hey! just delay BDoY so they can investigate a method to make all happy and patch it.

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 21:52
Keep your abusive language to yourself monkey boy, because I know for a fact that a certain clan with a certain person in it had most of their members doing this exploit, all goddamn day, every goddamn day.

Under the current definition of repping and exp....wouldn't the tradeskill in itself be an exploit? Or is it just the people using the skill that are exploiting? I really wouldnt mind NOT having to pay 24k to have my trike repped every ten minutes thank you KK. Make ASG reps free or reinstate the tool with zero exp.

Mumblyfish
21-07-04, 21:53
But hey! just delay BDoY so they can investigate a method to make all happy and patch it.
I'd much rather they do that. KK have effectively prevented my character from op warring, which is a rather nice gesture. Couldn't they just be sensible about it and stop the tool from giving DEX XP?

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 21:54
I'd much rather they do that. KK have effectively prevented my character from op warring, which is a rather nice gesture. Couldn't they just be sensible about it and stop the tool from giving DEX XP?

Makes to much since to KK.

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 21:54
I know how much this is going to hurt Combat Drivers, I have one, near capped, and he is 100% VHC, 80% Hack, and 20% Weaponlore.

It costs about 40k to repair a fully damaged Trike at the ASG, and they get damaged easily, so it's going to hurt.

However, I get the feeling that there are a fair few people in here whining, that are neither Combat Drivers, nor VHC Repairers (Legitimate mind), and I know for a fact that one person in this thread, is, as I said, a member of a Clan which actively pursues the exploit.

So, it's very much a self-inflicted punishment.

Maybe if people had also done a bit more about people who were using this exploit, this wouldn't have got so far. I've killed over a dozen people using it, because as I said, it's cheating. We should've killed more people and Lexxored them.

They might have given up on that particular pursuit.

Anyway, my Combat Driver is going to be hurting, but as a Clannie, I'll simply ask for funds from the Clan cash, or from people I'm with, whenever I'm in an Op War or Clan related conflict. I know this wont be an issue.

Oh, and anyone now riding with me, will be charged a few 'k for the privilege.

Under the current definition of repping and exp....wouldn't the tradeskill in itself be an exploit? Or is it just the people using the skill that are exploiting?

No, the tradeskilling is fine, it's an active exploit involving vehicles which aren't damaged.

As for the poster that mentioned being unable to Op War, as I said, take a chip in from the Clan, that's what I'll be doing. Should cover me.

Couldn't they just be sensible about it and stop the tool from giving DEX XP?

Dex, Int & Str. It'll cap all three of those easily enough.

stebedford
21-07-04, 21:57
I can understand a little for the drivers, but honestly, you arent blocked from playing. And the ones shouting here the most, are not the ones who can pay the bill of ASG repping.

Again, fixing XP didnt work, get it. 0 or nearly 0 doesnt mean anything if players get around the reduction.

Max do you work for kk?? do you program for them and physically set the exp to 0?? no?? well until you do why dont you stfu? If i take my trike out for 1 hour and it gets to 2% health and take it back to an asg to get reps it would cost me more to rep it than what i got for that hour hunting

-=z=-
21-07-04, 21:58

They will have to fix it sometime. BDoY's DX9 isn't going to fix this :lol:

They need to implement a decent fix.

I hope they still see this as a hotfix to stop exploiters. I support that. But we need a longterm solution, like preventing the repair of undamaged vehicles.

Kaden
21-07-04, 21:59
Max do you work for kk?? do you program for them and physically set the exp to 0?? no?? well until you do why dont you stfu? If i take my trike out for 1 hour and it gets to 2% health and take it back to an asg to get reps it would cost me more to rep it than what i got for that hour hunting

Do you work for KK?

The sledgehammer approach is the only option sometimes.

Some of you people need to modify that attitude somewhat.

LTA
21-07-04, 22:00
it's probably because he has his name in the Special Thanks section of the Neocron credits, so he may be a kk employee in disguise, or something you never know :p

hivemind
21-07-04, 22:02
Ahh, now we see the REAL mindset. Once again, KK is punishing the players for something that is due to KKs faulty work. It's amazing how many things this game has that have to be called "exploits" because KK didn't think something through (repair XP), or didn't playtest something (turret placement in OPs), or don't know how to fix it (pushing AFK or dead people over zone lines), or can't develop a way to stop it (tank self-leveling CON).

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 22:02
and I know for a fact that one person in this thread, is, as I said, a member of a Clan which actively pursues the exploit.

I hope to god you are talking about me. Becuase you would so wrong it wouldn't even be funny. Well no actually it would be funny as hell. Hell i can post all of my chars names here. You will not find me in any shots.

Slaughter

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 22:05
Ahh, now we see the REAL mindset. Once again, KK is punishing the players for something that is due to KKs faulty work. It's amazing how many things this game has that have to be called "exploits" because KK didn't think something through (repair XP), or didn't playtest something (turret placement in OPs), or don't know how to fix it (pushing AFK or dead people over zone lines), or can't develop a way to stop it (tank self-leveling CON).

Agreed....yet we take the fall for it every time

I can see this being closed as we have ALL dared to question the almighty KK's decision here....no they are NEVER wrong are they :rolleyes:

Androth
21-07-04, 22:05
The cost to fix my rhinos just went thru the roof. Not to mention the time involved, now when my vhc's are fucked up I have to drive all the way to a asg to get repped if I make it that far. This is a wretched decision, normally I don't complain about stuff but this is just plain stupid :rolleyes:. If this is their answer at least make it so vhc's don't take damage as easily, so we don't have to drive to the asg every 5 minutes. The XP problem is easily resolved. Solution ideas below...

1.) Only gain xp of damaged vhc's ( DUH! O_o )

2.) Multiple TL of remote repair tools. Make the tools that can repair a x TL cost more to further make repair leveling costly.

3.) Remove repair skill doubling on remote repair. Thats just plain stupid anyways, remove it all together. You should have the skill required just like any other trade skill.

4.) Set a timer cap on XP gained from repair so that you can only get so much at a time. IE only x amount per 10 minute proportional to your rank.

5.) Only gain xp of things you should gain xp off of. Similar to how gray creatures work, after a certain point no extra skill is gained from said tl repair. This should apply to all tradeskills not just repair.

Of course while they have the tool disabled they should remove cost to repair from asg in kind. Just cause its not really fair to those who don't abuse the repair skill, and actually need to repair their VHC's once and a while without spending 1mill to do it :wtf:

ok end rant lol... Just annoyed my vhc's will now collect dust...

stebedford
21-07-04, 22:07

hive they dont think about things like that, how long has the game been gold? nearly 2 years? or more? and they only think NOW that its an exploit? great isnt it?

Cant wait for doy to come out, probably full of bugs and exploits, maybe they will be fixed by this time next year? wait its kk were talking about here! ok this time in 2 years, if theres any players left

Mighty Max
Do you know, there are some things, named
"Reading" and "Seeing"
that with a bit of logical combination and you'd get it.

As for any other detail, i will however not make you the pleasure of getting myself banned by telling any deeper into that exploit.

But yes, i might have a bit of anticipation about the VHC-PKs camping the different level spots. To hack the lowb's belts. If you'd concentrate on MoBs you would pretty easy reach the costs. Unless you dont know what ya doing

Maloch Octavia
It's amazing how many things this game has that have to be called "exploits" because KK didn't think something through (repair XP),

Well, if Reakktor says it's an Exploit, then, Mmm.. Aren't they the game developers? Doesn't that mean it's an exploit, regardless how that exploit came about? Doesn't that mean, listen to them and abide by that ruling? It doesn't matter the situation, as soon as the people in charge say it's wrong, you stop. It's their fucking game.

That's akin to crossing a bridge, with a sign on it saying: "DANGEROUS: Unstable Construction - NO ENTRY"
Then jumping up and down on the middle of it. I hope to fuck it collapses and takes you with it.

I hope to god you are talking about me.
Where have I named anyone? Open a window, deep breath.

Kaden
21-07-04, 22:09
Where have I named anyone? Open a window, deep breath.

ROFL

Priceless.

:lol: :lol:

stebedford
21-07-04, 22:10
"Reading" and "Seeing"

As for any other detail, i will however not make you the pleasure of getting myself banned by telling any deeper into that exploit.

But yes, i might have a bit of anticipation about the VHC-PKs camping the different level spots. To hack the lowb's belts. If you'd concentrate on MoBs you would pretty easy reach the costs. Unless you dont know what ya doing

ok max try this, take a trike and kill a grim chaser, see how long your trike lasts, i get about 5k from killing 1 chaser, my trike usually goes down to half health, thats when the chaser does not spawn smaller mobs, until you know about drivers and the dmg done to their trikes keep quiet

hivemind
21-07-04, 22:12
Well, if Reakktor says it's an Exploit, then, Mmm.. Aren't they the game developers? Doesn't that mean it's an exploit, regardless how that exploit came about? Doesn't that mean, listen to them and abide by that ruling? It doesn't matter the situation, as soon as the people in charge say it's wrong, you stop. It's their fucking game.
Wrong. I pay for it. I pay their salaries. It's MY FUCKING GAME!

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 22:13
Where have I named anyone?

Getting a little nervous aren't you.

Slaughter

stebedford

I totally agree, if we didnt play then kk wouldnt last very long at all

Maloch Octavia

*Laughs*

Go fucking fix it then!

Getting a little nervous aren't you.

No?

Sakletare
My pure vehicle spy wants a patch now! :mad:

THIS IS GoD
21-07-04, 22:14
Ste give the real reason your complain now Rangers cant rep vehicles during OP fights

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 22:14
"Reading" and "Seeing"

OK "see" this and "read" this. KK have just killed the driver class. No one can afford to pay for the reps to their vehicles if they take them out hunting. MM, please explain to me your reasoning behind why you believe removal of rep exp is a worse idea than the removal of the rep tool. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Mighty Max
21-07-04, 22:15
Then to be honest, you dont know what you are doing.

Ive been thinking of what to say to this, but hey, im just so buffed about that i cant speak. :lol:

SorkZmok
21-07-04, 22:16
Theres been so many ppl afk repairing rhinos, capping their characters in some days or at least leveling em up way too fast while they are AFK.

Thank you KK. Sending in pictures to exploits@neocron.com DOES seem to help. :)

And a big "fuck you!" to all the people who just stocked up on nanites for millions of credits. ;)

stebedford
Ste give the real reason your complain now Rangers cant rep vehicles during OP fights

now if this forum wasnt moderated id tell you where to go. But as it is ill just say fuck off you nib. Whats it got to do with you why im pissed off with kk for stopping all drivers from lvling?

[ edited ]

Maloch Octavia
No one can afford to pay for the reps to their vehicles if they take them out hunting.

On the same note, I have to say, any serious Combat Driver that hasn't managed to obtain a Reveler by now, has issues.

For sheer cost effectiveness, it's the ideal PvM weapon.

And a big "fuck you!" to all the people who just stocked up on nanites for millions of credits.

Ahahahaha.. Exactly, I bet that's why so many people are crying right now. (That's not aimed at you legit Combat Drivers)

amfest
21-07-04, 22:17
I've stopped playing for the mean time due to the crappy loot that coudlnt' support my recycle needs lol. Now I can't repair my vehicle on the hunt . . . *sigh*

I suppose it doesn't matter since the loot is still the same so no change and I can only hope that it's all settled and working again when the loot is fixed .. but hmmm who knows :(

Amfest: !8ball Will the repair situation be fixed by the time the loot is adjusted?

*8ball: Outlook not good.

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 22:18
On the same note, I have to say, any serious Combat Driver that hasn't managed to obtain a Reveler by now, has issues.

Ahahahaha.. Exactly, I bet that's why so many people are crying right now. (That's not aimed at you legit Combat Drivers)

Gimme the 600k to faction hop and I'll get a reveller.....oh....wait....I spend all my money on nanites imps and armour......

THIS IS GoD
21-07-04, 22:18
now if this forum wasnt moderated id tell you where to go. But as it is ill just say fuck off you nib. Whats it got to do with you why im pissed off with kk for stopping all drivers from lvling?

[ edited ]

Real intelligent response Ste I'm almost impressed well maybe not almost but looks like there will be alot less FA op's on Uranus from now on!!!

Mighty Max
21-07-04, 22:19
OK "see" this and "read" this. KK have just killed the driver class. No one can afford to pay for the reps to their vehicles if they take them out hunting. MM, please explain to me your reasoning behind why you believe removal of rep exp is a worse idea than the removal of the rep tool. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

I dont say that the removal is a bad idea, i just say, that it doesnt work. Not for the prinziple, but by other facts i dont go into detail, allthough the exploiters know pretty well.

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 22:20
Gimme the 600k to faction hop and I'll get a reveller.....oh....wait....I spend all my money on nanites imps and armour......

Or alternatively, go have one or two good hunts, get, what, ten Techparts, and trade them for a Reveller.
Things are within easy reach, you just need to be able to talk a good game and negotiate.

At the same time, to get 600k, you only need 6 Techparts, which are easily gained. (This loot drop crap doesn't sit with me, I have no issues, just find the special times to hunt)

Wait, I thought it was 300k? Or is that including the 300k for hopping back?

stebedford
21-07-04, 22:20
Real intelligent response Ste I'm almost impressed well maybe not almost but looks like there will be alot less FA op's on Uranus from now on!!!

keep it ingame nib, if you wanna say something to me, dm me

Jesterthegreat
21-07-04, 22:21
omfg...

i died because of this

my APC got wrecked because of this

i lost a Healing Light because of this

this... is... bullshit

ffs... fix things, dont blobk them off! lvl 3 imps were non-drop for months, MC5 was closed for months, NCPD has been closed for months...

am i now going to be unable to repair my APC's / tanks for months?

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 22:22
keep it ingame nib, if you wanna say something to me,

Says the man that just told someone to go jump off a bridge. :)

amfest
21-07-04, 22:22

My spy will be eaten alive on a reveler as I have no way to gun and drive that at the same time if I get in trouble. the trike protects plenty enough and gives me massive dmg while still retaining the ability to drive away. Also a Reveler would require a drug to gun in that sitting duck vehicle for one person. The Reveler isn't for everyone.

THIS IS GoD
21-07-04, 22:23
Welps my work is done here time to go work on the car some more be PKing some FA's soon so get those Rhino's a ready OH WAIT I CAN TAKE ON A RHINO WITH A PSI ATTACK 2 ROCK ON

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 22:23
Or alternatively, go have one or two good hunts, get, what, ten Techparts, and trade them for a Reveller.
Things are within easy reach, you just need to be able to talk a good game and negotiate.

At the same time, to get 600k, you only need 6 Techparts, which are easily gained. (This loot drop crap doesn't sit with me, I have no issues, just find the special times to hunt)

Wait, I thought it was 300k? Or is that including the 300k for hopping back?

OK how about this one. I don't WANT a reveller. I like my trike.

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 22:24
Welps my work is done here time to go work on the car some more be PKing some FA's soon so get those Rhino's a ready OH WAIT I CAN TAKE ON A RHINO WITH A PSI ATTACK 2 ROCK ON

You've been asked once. Keep it ingame and discuss the topic at hand.

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 22:25
My spy will be eaten alive on a reveler
For some reason, I keep assuming Combat Drivers to be PE's.

I understand your worries there. However, an idea is to find a friendly tank to do the gunning. There are lots of people open for that kind of team. Quick kills, good exp. Just work out an equal loot share.

Although I understand solo is often preffered.

OK how about this one. I don't WANT a reveller. I like my trike.

You want your dummy mate. *Picks it up from the floor and puts it back in his crib*

Va Va Voom!
21-07-04, 22:26
Unless my map is missing some. there are 10 ASG depots in the wide world of neocron. Even if the cost didnt matter , which belive me it bloody does the time and difficulty of going to one is a pain. for example. and most of those are at MAIN locations in the world. IE TECH haven. what if a tangent wants to repair his vech and the only ASG he can make it to is TH ? or if a Cityadmin killing firemobs needed repairs badly and the only close place to go is TWG. and as for op wars........ depending on location. the Rhino. (usally a rhino at wars) has to drive... (slowly) away from a fight that it may be badly needed in.

Sort it out ffs

amfest
21-07-04, 22:26
omfg...

i died because of this

my APC got wrecked because of this

i lost a Healing Light because of this

this... is... bullshit

ffs... fix things, dont blobk them off! lvl 3 imps were non-drop for months, MC5 was closed for months, NCPD has been closed for months...

am i now going to be unable to repair my APC's / tanks for months?
There has been an exploit found from firing weapons

*weapons have now been disabled till further notice

. . . just kidding ;)

But then again you just never know -_-;;;;

I guess remote repair and regular repair need to be seperated but I think it should of been seperated in the first place. Seems like too many shortcuts were used to just cross things over for ease :\

THIS IS GoD
21-07-04, 22:27
You've been asked once. :cool: and discuss the topic at hand. :cool: :cool: :cool: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I say anything to anyone in particualar that was Out of Game no FA just happens to what's on my menu tonight so no what your talking about before your insert your foot in your mouth some more

Jesterthegreat
21-07-04, 22:28
There has been an exploit found from firing weapons

*weapons have now been disabled till further notice

isn't it worrying that that wouldn't suprise me in the least O_o

Sakletare
21-07-04, 22:30
Unless my map is missing some. there are 10 ASG depots in the wide world of neocron. Even if the cost didnt matter , which belive me it bloody does the time and difficulty of going to one is a pain. for example. and most of those are at MAIN locations in the world. IE TECH haven. what if a tangent wants to repair his vech and the only ASG he can make it to is TH ? or if a Cityadmin killing firemobs needed repairs badly and the only close place to go is TWG. and as for op wars........ depending on location. the Rhino. (usally a rhino at wars) has to drive... (slowly) away from a fight that it may be badly needed in.

Sort it out ffs
What he said.

stebedford
21-07-04, 22:31
isn't it worrying that that wouldn't suprise me in the least O_o

the next part to that is
*An exploit has been found when players login, all logins disabled until further notice*

Birkoff
Sounds like a normal KK responce...

We don't know how to fix it... lets remove it....

Fucking stupid.... still waiting for the DOY delay post

Jesterthegreat
Sounds like a normal KK responce...

We don't know how to fix it... lets remove it....

Fucking stupid.... still waiting for the DOY delay post

100% true

Pungent77
21-07-04, 22:32

Sort it out ffs
Wow....you finally said something I agree with :eek:

Jesterthegreat
21-07-04, 22:33
Wow....you finally said something I agree with :eek:

stalker? who did ya sig?

NC Junkie

amfest
For some reason, I keep assuming Combat Drivers to be PE's.

I understand your worries there. However, an idea is to find a friendly tank to do the gunning. There are lots of people open for that kind of team. Quick kills, good exp. Just work out an equal loot share.

Although I understand solo is often preffered.

You know i've had problems finding people who will gun AND can survive Grim Chasers and Percs in the back gunners seat of my trike. You see I can kill a Grim Chaser in around the vicinity of 30 seconds or so on my trike with my spy. I've had tanks that want to gun and end up jumping out and running before long and sometimes die -_-;;;;;;;;

Because most tanks that are higher level would rather gun a rhino if anything. Also not gunning myself is really damn boring. I end up like a ppu bitch so to speak >_> And if I wanted to be that I'd be a ppu. I dont' want to leech XP or ask to share loot .. I want to aquire it on my own and know that the xp is my own. I just sucks that after 2-3 chasers I"ll have to run my trike back to the garage :(

steweygrrr
:cool: :cool: :cool: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I say anything to anyone in particualar that was Out of Game no FA just happens to what's on my menu tonight so no what your talking about before your insert your foot in your mouth some more

1. Your off topic
2. You're flaming
3. your bringing ingame issues to an unrelated thread

I want this thread to stay open

MjukisDjur
Well, the users of this community brought this on their selves.
How fucking stupid can one be, telling everyone over and over how great the exp is and therefore BEGGING for a total kill (nerf would have been an understatement...).

You people screamed for this to happen.... happy now?

SorkZmok
21-07-04, 22:35

Sort it out ffs
A TT trying to use the TH ASG is just in the wrong place. Same with a CA at TG. They've got nothing to do there.

I got a H-C PE. I couldnt care less about remote repair being disabled. I earn so much more money than it takes me to repair the vehicles at the ASG. And vehicles are fast (well kinda o_O), so its not a problem to get to an ASG to get a quick repair.

steweygrrr
How fucking stupid can one be, telling everyone over and over how great the exp is and therefore BEGGING for a total kill (nerf would have been an understatement...).

What we asked for was the removal of the xp, not the removal of the source. KK has just screwed over a good proportion of the server pops in doing this.

Kaden

I agree entirely.

amfest
21-07-04, 22:36

hey now don't group us all together. There were just certain users who kept just posting it over and over again .. not everyone did it. And of course when they kept stating it . . more users found out about it . and tried it .. :\. It was only those users to blame and they only took pleasure in stating it.

THIS IS GoD
21-07-04, 22:36
1. Your off topic
2. You're flaming
3. your bringing ingame issues to an unrelated thread

I want this thread to stay open
Ok where did I flame where and where did I bring ingame issues to the thread I just said my good bye [ edited ]

NOW THATS A FLAME!!!!!!! 8| 8| 8| 8| 8|

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 22:37

Couldn't agree more, as long as you're referring to the exploiters, and not the people that brought it to light that this was still an effective exploit. :)

I mean, honestly..

You spawn your tanks at the ASG, and ten of you camp it. Some of you even have the nerve to scream ******** when you come back after nine hours to find you've been ress killed fifteen times and had every scrap of equipment pillaged from you.. (AHAHAHAHA).. Well, gee, who's fault is it?

Your own.

It's just a shame the innocents suffer, but you can't make an omlette without breaking some eggs. (and the pan, oven, then finally burning the house down with a Poptart trapped in the toaster)

stebedford
21-07-04, 22:38
A TT trying to use the TH ASG is just in the wrong place. Same with a CA at TG. They've got nothing to do there.

I got a H-C PE. I couldnt care less about remote repair being disabled. I earn so much more money than it takes me to repair the vehicles at the ASG. And vehicles are fast (well kinda o_O), so its not a problem to get to an ASG to get a quick repair.

I got a HC PE too, hes my driver, i dont want to go to an ASG every time i kill a grim to rep my trike and i shouldnt have to, thats what REMOTE rep tools are for, to rep my vhc in the field. I also dont want half of my cash used up by taking my trike to an asg

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 22:39
[quote]KK has just screwed over a good proportion of the server pops in doing this.[quote]

......No they haven't. Really. Think about it. A good proportion of the Server populations scream that Vehicles are shit and wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

They've shafted a few good people, mind, but really, they've killed far many more cheating bastards than good guys.

Shadow Dancer
21-07-04, 22:39
Why not reduce ASG repair price for the duration of the fix?

garyu69
21-07-04, 22:41
It pisses me off that twats go and fucking ruin it for the rest of us who do not do shit like this.

My spy is a pure trader, he is CST, RES, IMP, REC, REP.

He no longer can go out in a vehicle and do the little bit of combat he could before without now having to stay close to the zones with ASG.

Thanks a lot exploiters. I'm not pissed at KK just pissed at those who did this.

:(

plague
21-07-04, 22:42
Well, gee, who's fault is it?

Your own.

well no, it's er foult u screamed about it for weeks and there u have it......now nowone can rep thier vehs in field which is bullshit...ffs......i don't know i keep searching for a reason to stay and play this game...

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 22:43
Ok where did I flame where and where did I bring ingame issues to the thread I just said my good bye [ edited ]

NOW THATS A FLAME!!!!!!! 8| 8| 8| 8| 8|

ooh...wait where was it...oh yeah. RIGHT THERE.

stebedford
21-07-04, 22:45
Why not reduce ASG repair price for the duration of the fix?

you would still have to stop what your doing, look at the map then travel god knows how far to the asg where you may or may not be killed by ppl camping the asg with anti-vhc launchers, you then rep your vhc and travel all the way back to where you was, kill 1 or 2 more things then repeat

THIS IS GoD
21-07-04, 22:45
ooh...wait where was it...oh yeah. RIGHT THERE.
Oh Jackass how nice of you I lost that post somewhere OH WAIT YOU WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT MY LOGGING POST [ edited ]

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 22:46
[quote]KK has just screwed over a good proportion of the server pops in doing this.[quote]

......No they haven't. Really. Think about it. A good proportion of the Server populations scream that Vehicles are shit and wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

They've shafted a few good people, mind, but really, they've killed far many more cheating bastards than good guys.

Don't play Uranus do you?

Our clan has 4 drivers. I know of at least 10 -20 other drivers. Now out of 200 people wouldnt you say thats a good proportion?

But yeah those who do drive are shafted.

MrChumble
21-07-04, 22:47
"."

"."

No really

"."

What the fuck else is there to say.

I know, I know. I shouldn't rant. I should be calm, controlled, measured in my response. And I will be. This, KK, is a calm controlled measured response.

[ edited ]
Oh crap I'm so not gonna get on the beta now. Cos like I'd want to FIX bugs not NERF THE FUCKING GAME so they go away.

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 22:48
Oh Jackass how nice of you I lost that post somewhere OH WAIT YOU WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT MY LOGGING POST [ edited ]

Or you could be a little less literal and see that I meant all your posts in general. And stop it, you make yourself look 12. No one but yourself is impressed with that.

BTW better hope niddy doesn't see that.

stebedford
21-07-04, 22:48
Ok, heres something the GMs are good at, can we get this tread closed please? there are some stupid fucks that dont know when to stop flaming and escalating a tense situation

*looks at THIS IS GoD*

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 22:49
well no, it's er foult u screamed about it for weeks and there u have it......

My fault? My fault eh? Not the people that openly abused the system, went against Reakktors statement that it was an exploit, and kept doing it anyway?

Aye, I see where you've got your head rammed, and the sun up there, it's a dirty brown colour.

Either way, at least that shower of cheating gypo peasant savages are stuffed, and I hope you get good barter rates for selling those nanites back.

*looks at THIS IS GoD*

Seriously, God, stop it. You're going to get this thread closed.

THIS IS GoD
21-07-04, 22:49
Onoz That'll Be 2 Forum Rules I Broke Oh Wait You Probably Mailed Him A Letter With Payed Postage More Than Needed To Let Him Know To Look

THIS IS GoD
21-07-04, 22:50
Ok, heres something the GMs are good at, can we get this tread closed please? there are some stupid fucks that dont know when to stop flaming and escalating a tense situation

*looks at THIS IS GoD*

OH YEAH JUST BLAME ME EVERYONE DOES :D :D :D :p :p :p

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 22:51

*plays the worlds smallest violin*

:p :p

Marx
Goddamnit.

THIS IS GoD
I'm 12 and he cant tell what sarcasm is come on now

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 22:53
I'm 12 and he cant tell what sarcasm is come on now

did you not see the smileys?

Onoz That'll Be 2 Forum Rules I Broke Oh Wait You Probably Mailed Him A Letter With Payed Postage More Than Needed To Let Him Know To Look

Don't need to you do that well enough on your own. Besides....forum bans can lead to ingame bans....bear it in mind.

Glok
21-07-04, 22:56
[ edited ] If you don't get banned for that I will be amazed, but I swear I was laughing out loud for like 5 minutes after reading that. :lol:

Maloch Octavia
Well, I see this thread winding down.

Just remember, at the end of the day, they've only disabled your Remote Repair Tool. It's not like they've stripped naked, ran into your house, sexually abused your wife, set fire to the dog and then taken your first-born and scarificed him to the demonic deities whilst singing the Hokey-Kokey.

MrChumble

Oh well it's ok if it's just a few people.

What a load of fucking shit. I bet you'd be pissed off to hell if they'd found an exploit with drones and did a classic

"OH NOZ EXPLOIT PATCH HEWS WITH A BRICK WALL!"

That's what this amounts to. Problem with poking? Remove the poke tools. Monk exploit? Remove monks.

This isn't a fix, it's an anal raping of the game. I am so fucking sick to death of KK pulling this shit.

Epic run bugged? Castle wall on the NPC!

MC5 exploitable? Close MC5!

How can you sit there being so damn smug and happy? This is symptomatic of KKs stupid response to problems like this.

plague
My fault? My fault eh? Not the people that openly abused the system, went against Reakktors statement that it was an exploit, and kept doing it anyway?

Aye, I see where you've got your head rammed, and the sun up there, it's a dirty brown colour.

Either way, at least that shower of cheating gypo peasant savages are stuffed, and I hope you get good barter rates for selling those nanites back.

Seriously, God, stop it. You're going to get this thread closed.
yes it was exploiter foult to use it and not hide it atleast. And the somthing had to be done am just realy pissed that they did it this way, they could atleast remove xp gain from rep tools.

And i do have tradskiler driving spy who dont use guns and hes dex and int is about 80 now(after 2 weeks of lvling) and i do rep my sht all the time so don't go around acusing evryone and or don't say it's my foult cuz it's not but it's urs in some sence even tho u did the right thing.... don't get me wrong but this is one more reason for me to stop playing and it's been hapening alot latley......

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 22:57
"OH NOZ EXPLOIT PATCH HEWS WITH A BRICK WALL!"

No problems, I'm using Raptors now.

:)

don't get me wrong but this is one more reason for me to stop playing and it's been hapening alot latley......

Then stop playing. Take a break, indulge in some new past-time or game. It is only a game. At any time, you can hit Cancel, save that measly few dollars or pounds, and go waste them on one beer, and hope it's enough to take the pain away.

Va Va Voom!
21-07-04, 22:58
This is God , if your not going to discuss HOW UTTERLY STUPID KK ARE (deep breaths)

STFU !

hivemind
21-07-04, 22:58
Monk exploit? Remove monks.
Shit, that's a fucking GREAT idea.

5 stars.

How did we take so long to come up with the monk fix?

Scikar
21-07-04, 23:01
Reducing the XP to zero would have been a better idea. But are all of you honestly saying you wouldn't have come straight here saying "OMG I just found I can level my monk dex with repair now KK nerfs the XP" etc. etc.

:lol: @ hivemind.

retr0n
21-07-04, 23:01

[ edited ]

And it's not as simple as "Their Fucking Game". I pay for this game, aswell as
everybody else on these forums, so it's "Our" game. I would like to see where
my money goes, seriously, I would like to see some spredsheets of ReaKKtors
yearly budget.

Scikar
21-07-04, 23:02
[ edited ]

And it's not as simple as "Their Fucking Game". I pay for this game, aswell as
everybody else on these forums, so it's "Our" game. I would like to see where
my money goes, seriously, I would like to see some spredsheets of ReaKKtors
yearly budget.
I paid Microsoft when I bought Windows. Think they'll let me have a look at all of their finances?

MrChumble
21-07-04, 23:02
Reducing the XP to zero would have been a better idea. But are all of you honestly saying you wouldn't have come straight here saying "OMG I just found I can level my monk dex with repair now KK nerfs the XP" etc. etc.

I'd rather have no exp than no Trike :mad:

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 23:04
This is not a fucking beta audition fanboi!

*Laughs* I've been behind the scenes and done my time mate. I've no desire to go back. However, I'm not a fanboi, I used to be, until I became involved in the volunteer work, then I saw what it was like back there, it put me off. I just hate it when people seem to treat this more seriously than reality.

This is a great game, but nothing is perfect, and there is much worse out there.

"This is a reality check, will those persons currently in orbit, having lost all sense of reality, please return to terra-firma, thank you."

I paid Microsoft when I bought Windows. Think they'll let me have a look at all of their finances?

You don't need to see them..

Jan: +$1,00000000000000000 - Windows Sales
Feb: + $1,00000000000000000 - Windows Sales
March: + $1,00000000000000000 - Windows Sales
April: -$1,000,000 - Another feckin' Antitrust Lawsuit

Scikar
21-07-04, 23:05
I'd rather have no exp than no Trike :mad:
What gets me most is that if people weren't exploiting stuff like this there wouldn't be a problem in the first place. Yet KK are the ones everyone's blaming, not the actual exploiters. This is why Maloch should be able to name and shame in this case IMO - because nobody knows who is exploiting and therefore who to blame, they blame KK instead, because it's much easier.

Remember all the threads about tradeskill XP before it got boosted? How people asked why it was so low, were told because it's possible to exploit it, and called bullshit? KK ups the tradeskill XP, within a week people are exploiting it. This community makes me fucking sick.

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 23:05
I think this has got to be the ONLY half hour 13 page wonderthread that has not had an official response/blanket refusal in the history of the forum. Why are they so bothered about staying out of this...oooh look I did it again I questioned KKs decision

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 23:07
How people asked why it was so low, were told because it's possible to exploit it, and called bullshit? KK ups the tradeskill XP, within a week people are exploiting it. This community makes me fucking sick.

Exactly mate, that's exactly it.
I swear, you give some people an inch, they'll be off with your wife before you've blinked.

So what we have here, is Reakktor getting it right first time, but unfortunately, listening to these Forums, which are filled with whining peasants (Not all of you mind!), they changed things, and it went tits up.

Who's fault?

Our fault!

Scikar
21-07-04, 23:07
I think this has got to be the ONLY half hour 13 page wonderthread that has not had an official response/blanket refusal in the history of the forum. Why are they so bothered about staying out of this...oooh look I did it again I questioned KKs decision
Maybe because there's absolutely nothing they could say without getting flamed?

plague
21-07-04, 23:08
Then stop playing. Take a break, indulge in some new past-time or game. It is only a game. At any time, you can hit Cancel, save that measly few dollars or pounds, and go waste them on one beer, and hope it's enough to take the pain away.

heh, there is no pain but disapointent. let me put it to u this way since u clearly have problem undersanding somthing, if u'd just shut the fusk up and stick to the rules (E-MAILING ABUSE@NEOCRON.COM) this would not have happend, the problem would ov been sorted maby later but not in such matter as this but since u had to post about it 2 times a week screaming here is the exploit and kk doesnt do anything u left them no chois but such actions.......is that clear enough?... not to blame anyone or anything :rolleyes:

Mighty Max
21-07-04, 23:09

Either that, or they prepare a listing of their finances for us

:lol:

Damn, im still laughting

retr0n
21-07-04, 23:09

I dont know how laws & shit work in Germany / USA but, in Sweden, you can
walk right into a major corp. (say Ericsson (mobile phones)) and demand to
see their financial reports. Then they have to show you since all of that stuff
is considered as public acces here. I wonder if they have anything like that
in Germany where you can actually look-up how much a company makes / spends
etc etc.

Maloch Octavia
21-07-04, 23:13
but since u had to post about it 2 times a week screaming here is the exploit

Really? Wow. I'm quite impressed that you know my post history better than I can recall myself. Because, this was the first post I've made on the subject.

Oh, and I have sent emails to Abuse. I've sent lots of emails.
Lots.
Lots...

With lots of screenies.

But hey, doesn't matter how we go about it, it's Reakktor that decides how to resolve it.

So, I'm sorry that it sounds like you're stuck with millions of creds worth of nanites you have no use for now, but hey ho.

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 23:15

I wouldn't mind an explanation as to why this is better at the moment. I'm pretty sure most people here can reign in their tempers long enough. And if they are scared to get flamed, tough. Sometimes you have to take the flak for your actions.

Mighty Max
21-07-04, 23:16
I dont know how laws & shit work in Germany / USA but, in Sweden, you can
walk right into a major corp. (say Ericsson (mobile phones)) and demand to
see their financial reports. Then they have to show you since all of that stuff
is considered as public acces here. I wonder if they have anything like that
in Germany where you can actually look-up how much a company makes / spends
etc etc.

Bwahaha, go and try that,

It has to do sthg with their legal kind of company, nothing else.

They have to make their bilances public ones a year. But that is it.
Thats to provide info on their shares, you actually BUY THE COMPANY.

But i doubt any company would allow others (maybe companies of the same kind but not allied) to view the current cash flow.

Lethys
21-07-04, 23:17
I would like to see some spredsheets of ReaKKtors yearly budget.

IIRC, if they are a public limited company, then you can do just that.

That's about the only thing I learned from my Business GCSE :p

plague
21-07-04, 23:18
So, I'm sorry that it sounds like you're stuck with millions of creds worth of nanites you have no use for now, but hey ho.

lol i wish, but all am stuck with is spy i can't realy play .... :wtf: 8|

Really? Wow. I'm quite impressed that you know my post history better than I can recall myself. Because, this was the first post I've made on the subject..

not realy there was one last week by u too i'd link to it if mods didn't delite it...

retr0n
21-07-04, 23:20
Bwahaha, go and try that,

It has to do sthg with their legal kind of company, nothing else.

They have to make their bilances public ones a year. But that is it.
Thats to provide info on their shares, you actually BUY THE COMPANY.

But i doubt any company would allow others (maybe companies of the same kind but not allied) to view the current cash flow.

Say what? If i understand you correctly, they have to release a yearly report
in Germany? Right? If so, where can you acces this report?

joran420
21-07-04, 23:23
its only for publicly traded companies(afaik), which KK is not....and they only NEED to release it to share holders....I dont really understand why youd wanna see their checks and ballances anyway, it would not add any enlightenment as to how to fix remote repair XP....

Mighty Max
21-07-04, 23:23
If you can buy them, THEN yes

Can you Buy KK in shares? No.

And thats not only germany, that are international rules for companies handled on the stock exchange.

Scikar
21-07-04, 23:26
I wouldn't mind an explanation as to why this is better at the moment. I'm pretty sure most people here can reign in their tempers long enough. And if they are scared to get flamed, tough. Sometimes you have to take the flak for your actions.

Let's say they come here, and tell us that the methods they have for changing XP on tradeskills are limited to only reducing the XP, and it's already at the lowest they can make it without patching. So they've disabled repair tools instead. What will happen? They'll get bitched at because their server controls don't let them turn off the XP. They can't win, no matter what, so there's no point in trying. Maybe if the thread wasn't full of people saying how much KK suck and so on, they might not be quite so bothered.

steweygrrr
21-07-04, 23:29
Let's say they come here, and tell us that the methods they have for changing XP on tradeskills are limited to only reducing the XP, and it's already at the lowest they can make it without patching. So they've disabled repair tools instead. What will happen? They'll get bitched at because their server controls don't let them turn off the XP. They can't win, no matter what, so there's no point in trying. Maybe if the thread wasn't full of people saying how much KK suck and so on, they might not be quite so bothered.

Like I said. They make a bad decision, they have to live with the consequences. What they could (and should) have done is take the servers down for patching when it became an issue the first time and kill the XP.

Scikar
21-07-04, 23:29
Small thing regarding the shares aspect:

(c) by REAKKTOR.COM in 2002. All rights reserved. The REAKKTOR.COM logo, the Neocron ‘n’ logo and all related artwork are copyright protected by Schwiezer System ltd (http://www.schwiezer.de/)
Don't know if it means anything though to be honest (the Ltd. part is the key, but I didn't do business studies ;)).

@above: And get bitched at for taking down the servers without warning and removing tradeskill XP? Like I said, they can't win without properly fixing the exploit, and that takes time, time which CoDi likely doesn't have with the server problems atm, and NC2 on the way.

Gohei
21-07-04, 23:30
Oh so thats what the AFK spy was doing all day standing in front of his rhino...
I've been running pass that guy everytime i went to the canyons, thinking to myself wtf that guy was doing.

retr0n
21-07-04, 23:30
its only for publicly traded companies(afaik), which KK is not....and they only NEED to release it to share holders....I dont really understand why youd wanna see their checks and ballances anyway, it would not add any enlightenment as to how to fix remote repair XP....

So if I buy 1 share of KK's stock i would have the right to view this?

And the reason is that I would like to see how much money they make and by
doing that see if they could afford to hire some extra manpower. God knows
it's going to be needed, especially when they launch the Sep. 1st hotfix...erm
i mean, the expansion, erm... doy, now wait, BDoY... no wait, wtf, NC2... yea
that's the one.

The reason again is because whenever things like this happends KK fire up
the sledgehammer and nerf the game. Now every once and a while people
ask "Why dont you fix it allready and release a hotfix" and KK's response for
the past year has been "We are short on coders right now as we are using
most of our time developing neocron 56 - Beyond OZ-ASG" while at the same
time they take our money to keep neocron up & running and for fixing it
whenever something breaks down.

eric-the-ded
21-07-04, 23:57
ya know...
i have never used a remote repair tool. ever.
now that it's gone, i wanna use one.
dammit.

Androth
22-07-04, 00:26
If you'd concentrate on MoBs you would pretty easy reach the costs. Unless you dont know what ya doing

I think most of us like to make a profit when hunting. And if your hunting with a Rhino, theres nothing you can hunt that will cover the cost and be worth while to hunt... That being said forget mobs for a sec, pvp costs "when vehicles are used" skyrocket as well. Not only that but you can't have someone emergency repair in the field when taking on a op or whatever.

SypH
22-07-04, 00:33
Guess that explains why I found a few remote repair devices in crates in and around TG then......

MisterP
22-07-04, 00:35
[ edited ]

joran420
22-07-04, 00:38
i disagree the germans made this game which imho is the best MMO out there(even though its buggy sometimes)

Seven
22-07-04, 00:46
It's the name of the game, some players still wonder why the 100k policy exists.

Honestly, what MMORPG company would actually use the "honor" system for item loss?

The 100k policy exists because the current database sux arse. :p

SorkZmok
22-07-04, 00:49
[ edited for consistancy ][ edited ]
Just lost millions of credits for remote repair nanites? Well bad luck, haha.

Kaden
22-07-04, 00:51
Honestly, what MMORPG company would actually use the "honor" system for item loss?

The 100k policy exists because the current database sux arse. :p

More in reply to Marx's quote.

There is no 100k policy anymore.

Mr_Snow
22-07-04, 00:52
Personally I think the should of reduced repair exp to 0 but I think that may mean that all tradeskill exp would be reduced to 0 which would kinda fuck over all levelling tradeskillers.

SorkZmok
22-07-04, 00:56
Personally I think the should of reduced repair exp to 0 but I think that may mean that all tradeskill exp would be reduced to 0 which would kinda fuck over all levelling tradeskillers.You cant afk level the other tradeskills. Thats the whole thing.

Vampire222
22-07-04, 01:00
lol don't say things like that about kk, if you disagree with them, make your own game and get people to buy it....

Mumblyfish
22-07-04, 01:03
Just lost millions of credits for remote repair nanites? Well bad luck, haha.
I've lost millions of credits on remote repair nanites legitimately, though. I levelled ages ago as a pistolero, and spent millions stocking up on nanites for repairing my vehicle during op wars. Now I've got millions of creds worth of paperweights. This change is effectively in line with stopping the Executioner from firing and saying "WEL U HAV SLASHER NUB HAHAHA".

{MD}GeistDamnit
22-07-04, 01:09
wonderfull, they spend their time doing this shit, but dont patch. If they don't release a ptach to fix drops,repar and tradeskills and some of the other issues that poped up recently, BEFORE DOY, they can shove doy up their asses cause I wont be buying it, not to mention I will post on every mmo forum how much the game sucks, what a satisfying feeling it would be to see bankrupsy :D

Cyphor
22-07-04, 01:13
[ edited ]

I think people should keep certain opinions to themselves, especially when they breach forum rules and verge on racism.

Edit: I agree that this is the wrong way to solve the problem, exp from remote repair needs to be nerfed, not removing a skill required by many veh users. Just have to hope kk intend to fix it fast...ie end of week fast!

OTIS
22-07-04, 01:14
i still dont get how getting xp from a tradeskill is considered an exploit... :confused:

SorkZmok
22-07-04, 01:15
wonderfull, they spend their time doing this shit, but dont patch. If they don't release a ptach to fix drops,repar and tradeskills and some of the other issues that poped up recently, BEFORE DOY, they can shove doy up their asses cause I wont be buying it, not to mention I will post on every mmo forum how much the game sucks, what a satisfying feeling it would be to see bankrupsy :D
You know what? I know a clan on uranus who excessivly (eeh, that word right? it sounds so wrong!) used that "afk rhino repairing feature". I sent in several screenshots and i really hope that they had something to do with the repair tool being disabled. :)

/
And Mumbyl, i'm sorry for you. But stocking up for millions? Damn what was your plan?
Even trikes dont need millions of nanites to repair em. And you know what? Just keep em. KK will fix it, the tool will work again and you can repair every vehicle you want. :)

joran420
22-07-04, 01:15
it was not using a tradeskill that was an exploit...but you can repair a rhino even if its at 100% so ppl would just go afk and tape their mouse down and come back 12-24 hours later to see their brand new char capped

Mr_Snow
22-07-04, 01:16
Macroing overnight repairing an already repaired vehicle and getting exp from it was considered an exploit til remote rep tools were disabled.

OTIS
22-07-04, 01:17
so like a macro in SWG is an exploit?

Cyphor
22-07-04, 01:18
i still dont get how getting xp from a tradeskill is considered an exploit... :confused:

The amount of exp was disproportionately high for the task you were doing. Also due to the nature of remote repair it was being abused with people repairing what didn't need to be repaired and lvling while afk, which isn't something you are meant to be able to do in the game.

Edit: can't speak for swg specifically as i've never played it but in all mmo's i've played (about 6 or 7) macroing is considered exploiting and is against the rules. Games are meant to be played by the player not by a program to give them an advantage over other players who lvl skills legitimately.

Mr_Snow
22-07-04, 01:20
so like a macro in SWG is an exploit?

Like a macro which is considered an exploit in pretty much every mmo or even browser games

OTIS
22-07-04, 01:24
Like a macro which is considered an exploit in pretty much every mmo or even browser games

well thats funny considering SWG has a window where u can customize your own macro...haha maybe i should go back to that game where its ok to get xp

MisterP
22-07-04, 01:25
I think people should keep certain opinions to themselves, especially when they breach forum rules and verge on racism.

STFU with racism

Would u buy a car if it had the build quality of neocron? Would u fuck :rolleyes:

@SorkZmok = Nope? lol. Did u?
@Vampire222 = I'd rather stick to things im better at

My last point I want to make again, is that they couldn't even re-program something THEY wrote. Dont u get it?!?!?!!

I think its comical now KK say (patch time).. "Guys we've introduced this. Oh, but this broke"
Or... "We've reducing xp from blah blah" "Damn we cudn't program that, hmm, lets disable some items then"

Make me laugh it does, and some of u think its ok lol

BMW Dealers= "Hmm, we've introduced new remote card locking mechanises. weeehey!!!" shortly after... "Drivers door won't open" BMW = "Get in passenger side then, whats the problem?" :lol: :lol:

Mumblyfish
22-07-04, 01:28
And Mumbyl, i'm sorry for you. But stocking up for millions? Damn what was your plan?
Even trikes dont need millions of nanites to repair em. And you know what? Just keep em. KK will fix it, the tool will work again and you can repair every vehicle you want. :)
Well, rather like the (LUCKY BUGGERS) riflers that constructed/cloned an entire apartments full of Spirit ammo, I had the money/time/barterer to buy a year's supply of nanites all in one shot. So I did. Of course, I know it's going to be fixed eventually, but I am a teense angry that for now I have an apartment full of useless lumps of plastic.

That's what you get for being prepared I suppose ;). Neocron - You Never Know What'll Happen Next™ When It's Done™

SorkZmok
22-07-04, 01:36
Well, rather like the (LUCKY BUGGERS) riflers that constructed/cloned an entire apartments full of Spirit ammo[/SIZE]Theres also some lucky buggers who got more spirit mods than theres Silent Hunters. o_O

joran420
22-07-04, 01:37
you see recalls for cars or their specific parts all the time...so ya everyone fucks up at least with a video game a crash wont kill you and your wife and baby...

thats a pretty crappy analogy....if you dont think KK shouldnt be making games why are you playing their game???

yeah KK fucked up....but i still really like this game and will continue to play it

Mr_Snow
22-07-04, 01:40
well thats funny considering SWG has a window where u can customize your own macro...haha maybe i should go back to that game where its ok to get xp

Most games believe you should get your own xp by doing stuff yourself and not the game doing it for you.

Darken
22-07-04, 01:43
The only Problem with Repairing the rhino or other vehicles that a bug allowed yo u to repair it even when its not dmged !

Just change that you can just rep it when its dmged!

Mr_Snow
22-07-04, 01:44
The only Problem with Repairing the rhino or other vehicles that a bug allowed yo u to repair it even when its not dmged !

Just change that you can just rep it when its dmged!

Unfortunately that would require a patch and for the last year or so KK have been very reluctant to hotfix bugs and exploits like this.

OTIS
22-07-04, 01:45
Most games believe you should get your own xp by doing stuff yourself and not the game doing it for you.

well reguardless its fucking gay for the people that were actually doing it right...it would all be fine if people would keep their traps shut

plague
22-07-04, 01:47
well reguardless its fucking gay for the people that were actually doing it right...it would all be fine if people would keep their traps shut
lol.........what he said.....am sure it would of been handled, just not like this.....

Mr_Snow
22-07-04, 01:47

Yeah it vehicles other then the reveler pretty useless and limits the use of the reveler too as it limits its hunting life.

Scikar
22-07-04, 01:48
Yeah all fine except for those suddenly capped one day old PEs and spies. :rolleyes: Besides, your complaint in the other thread was that you can't get your XP from repairing a Rhino now, not that you can't repair it when out hunting. Were you thoughtful enough to have a Tank shoot it for you so you could repair it when it was damaged, or were you just sitting there repping it all day long?

OTIS
22-07-04, 01:49
lol.........what he said.....am sure it would of been handled, just not like this.....

nah some fucker got on the forums and said that this gave monster xp and everyone should do it...thats what ruined it

[ edited ]

plague
22-07-04, 01:55
nah some fucker got on the forums and said that this gave monster xp and everyone should do it...thats what ruined it

EDIT: lmao i can type in fucker but not f ag thats hilarious btw fucker = f ag
thats too, but if ppl didn't start posting and complaining thats its such bad exploit this wouldn't have happend as well...send e mail to ........@..........com and be happy to contrebute to the comunity but no now they have to go on forums against forums rulles and post it, before this exploit wasn't bothering me but it does now since my primary char is driving spy with no weapon skills but hc....

Mumblyfish
22-07-04, 01:56
I'M TRYING TO TALK BUT ALL THAT COMES OUT MY MOUTH IS SHIT
Aaaand now you get banned! Hooray! Hoorah! Huzzah!

Ever think that they wanted that word censored for a reason? Also, you're an exploiter. Go back to SWG where actually playing the game isn't a requirement.

OTIS
22-07-04, 01:59
Aaaand now you get banned! Hooray! Hoorah! Huzzah!

Ever think that they wanted that word censored for a reason? Also, you're an exploiter. Go back to SWG where actually playing the game isn't a requirement.

onoz u pwnd me there sir!!! omg omg u got leet forums skillz dood!!! O_o what a fucking tool :rolleyes:

-FN-
22-07-04, 02:04
Boo. Hoo.

Build 300 Weapon Part 8s at a Factory to cap your Monk's DEX and stfu, jeez.

The only people I feel bad for here are the LE'd runners who I've seen minding their own business hunting in their vehicles and repairing them... but hell, it takes all of a few mins to drive back to an ASG and repair it anyway.

This wouldn't even be a problem if people weren't so lame as to stand around doing this crap.

OTIS
22-07-04, 02:27
Build 300 Weapon Part 8s at a Factory to cap your Monk's DEX and stfu, jeez.

and this isnt considerd and exploit? :wtf:

Glok
22-07-04, 02:29
and this isnt considerd and exploit? :wtf:No because you are actually doing something. Repairing a full health rhino does nothing but give you xp. Not to mention the afk business. You can't build wep 8s while afk.

Gohei
22-07-04, 02:40
Oh, only need to build 300 weapon part 8's to cap dex eh ? Oi KK, no need to fix the monk DEX gain issue, now, monks jusst perform a task they were not designed to do x300 times to gain there DEX.

Most of the other classes has to do the same thing ? Right ?...

SorkZmok
22-07-04, 02:42

EDIT: lmao i can type in fucker but not f ag thats hilarious btw fucker = f ag
So if ppl wouldve kept it secret to have a MAJOR exploit just for them and their friends it would've been ok?

You are an idiot.

/edit

thats too, but if ppl didn't start posting and complaining thats its such bad exploit this wouldn't have happend as well...send e mail to ........@..........com and be happy to contrebute to the comunity but no now they have to go on forums against forums rulles and post it, before this exploit wasn't bothering me but it does now since my primary char is driving spy with no weapon skills but hc....So you too think its ok to exploit if its only some ppl? Cause thats what i read from your post (you're still not using punctuation btw).
Correct me if i am wrong.

Btw...sending mails to exploits@neocron.com or as you so kindly said ........@........com doesnt help shit. At least thats what i experienced. They ignore it until the whole community SCREAMS about it. But thats another issue, you are still an idiot.

Glok
22-07-04, 02:43
Oh, only need to build 300 weapon part 8's to cap dex eh ? Oi KK, no need to fix the monk DEX gain issue, now, monks jusst perform a task they were not designed to do x300 times to gain there DEX.

Most of the other classes has to do the same thing ? Right ?...Actually no. The ONLY way for tanks and spies to cap Psi is missions. At least monks have a few alternatives. Granted, those alternatives are fucked atm (but building wep 8s works quite well).

OTIS
22-07-04, 02:53
So if ppl wouldve kept it secret to have a MAJOR exploit just for them and their friends it would've been ok?

You are an idiot.

i consider the mc5 exploit a MAJOR exploit...not a tradeskill that gives excessive xp :wtf:

Gohei
22-07-04, 02:53
Actually no. The ONLY way for tanks and spies to cap Psi is missions. At least monks have a few alternatives. Granted, those alternatives are fucked atm (but building wep 8s works quite well).

Yes i knew that. But reaching 20 PSI as a spy or 10 as a tank is piece a cake. But 35 skillpoint by doing missions is jusst sad. How come PEs get PSI XP when teaming with anyone ? A PE only need to reach 25 PSI. Having the same way on monks gaining DEX wouldn't hurt anyone.

As it is on sat, you cant even do missions, unless you want to relog every single time you get a new one.

I jusst can't imagine myself staning in a OP, making 300x W8. I doubt that theres many monks that can. It's not very different from the old poking thing.. Why not let the monk gain DEX when teaming ? Wheres the problem ?

Glok
22-07-04, 02:57
I jusst can't imagine myself staning in a OP, making 300x W8. I doubt that theres many monks that can. It's not very different from the old poking thing.. Why not let the monk gain DEX when teaming ? Wheres the problem ?Sure, monks should get dex xp in teams. But you know what? I ressed 350 BP of weaponparts and built 50 TL25 shelters from chems in one day on my new spy. That would cap monk dex easy. I think I got 400k dex xp from the whole thing and monk dex xp cap is 360k I think.

SorkZmok
22-07-04, 02:58
FFS!
This is not meant to fuck over monks!
I know monk dex is a pain in the ass to cap. And i know theres not many ways to do it.
But repairing a rhino or any other vehicle gave way too much xp. And even after the xp nerf, it was possible to just stock up on remote repair nanites, tape down the mouse button and go afk. Because money doesnt mean shit in this game.
And THAT is exploiting. And so many people did it, there was no other way to counter it than to completely remove XP from it.

Got it? Its not forever. It isn't meant to fuck over monks. Its just a fix. So calm the fuck down. Thank you.

Scikar
22-07-04, 03:19
i consider the mc5 exploit a MAJOR exploit...not a tradeskill that gives excessive xp :wtf:
In other words it's bad unless you do it, right?

Cyphor
22-07-04, 03:33
STFU with racism

Would u buy a car if it had the build quality of neocron? Would u fuck :rolleyes:

Yes but the state of nc has nothing to do with the creators nationality. Inferring that is giving the impression a certain racial group is incapable of certain task for the sole reason that they belong to that race...hence where you comment was verging on racism.

As for macros in swg, if the creators have added it in then thats up to them, but as i said almost all other games creators don't allow it as it removes skill and fun from the games. (removing fun not just from the player who has the choice, but other players who don't exploit and find themselves hindered because of it)...Unless you think everyone should exploit so we can remove mobs from the game and have all noobs start with a remote repair tool to fix the tanks in mc5? :rolleyes:

SorkZmok
22-07-04, 03:47
Yes but the state of nc has nothing to do with the creators nationality. Inferring that is giving the impression a certain racial group is incapable of certain task for the sole reason that they belong to that race...hence where you comment was verging on racism.

As for macros in swg, if the creators have added it in then thats up to them, but as i said almost all other games creators don't allow it as it removes skill and fun from the games. (removing fun not just from the player who has the choice, but other players who don't exploit and find themselves hindered because of it)...Unless you think everyone should exploit so we can remove mobs from the game and have all noobs start with a remote repair tool to fix the tanks in mc5? :rolleyes:Macros and the chance to grind professions to become a jedi ruined SWG. Macros alone were enough to ruin it though, the chance to be a jedi by macroing made it even worse. Macroing or even afk leveling = instant death to any moorpg. Sony just didnt realise that. And now the game is fucked.
Not to mention the completely screwed combat system with combat professions that cant do shit and others who can bring down armies. o_O

Lexxuk
22-07-04, 04:13
I'm guessing from this thread they did something to repair tools? :angel:

Redburn
22-07-04, 05:32
Any exploit can ruin the fun had in a game or even ruin a game altogether. Here's an example back in the mid 90's on the GEine network (this was dial-up at 2400 baud) was the first online battletech game (EGA Multi-player Battletech) the server was almost aways full (I believe it was capped at 400 players at one time, not sure been awhile) well an exploit was found where a merc could take a mission with a House member and he could set the pay out for the mission at what ever he wanted (millions of credits) all that had to happen was the house player to die during the mission and the merc win, well what happened was in about 30 days the game was dead with less then 30 online at any given time, Oh yes as soon as the dev's found out about the exploit it was fixed but it was too late the damage was done. It's better to not use an exploit to gain anything in a MMORPG even if you don't think it's hurting anything or anyone...

I'll get off my soapbox now.....

jernau
22-07-04, 07:15
Somewhere out there the UK and EU mods are waking up, drinking their coffee and thinking "ah well, it's the weekend soon". In a few minutes or hours they will get to their PCs, log on and see that announcement.

It must be hell to be an unpaid volunteer on a day like this.

Cubico
22-07-04, 07:59
Simple. Remove rep exp altogether.....much easier approach than that dont you think? That and add some FEASIBLE to level monk dex please.

Do missions? Very hard research missions?

Droner/resser spies dont get any STR, PSI and also no CON (otherwise they would do a bad job).

hivemind
22-07-04, 08:00
Having now played my vehicle PE for a few hours, I can unequivocally state:

THIS IS TOTAL HORSESHIT!

Vehicle users are reduced to hanging around a depot, or moving pretty directly from one depot to the next. Any sort of prolonged hunting or PvP is impossible.

I just spent several days releasing all the INT, STR, and DEX points on a capped PE on Saturn to LoM her to vehicle/hack/poke/repair/recycle/HC tank gunner, and I'm pretty pissed. This is hours and hours of my time WASTED as combat vehicles are gimped now, and next to useless.

Real good call KK, real fuckin' good call. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SorkZmok
22-07-04, 08:04
Having now played my vehicle PE for a few hours, I can unequivocally state:

THIS IS TOTAL HORSESHIT!

Vehicle users are reduced to hanging around a depot, or moving pretty directly from one depot to the next. Any sort of prolonged hunting or PvP is impossible.

I just spent several days releasing all the INT, STR, and DEX points on a capped PE on Saturn to LoM her to vehicle/hack/poke/repair/recycle/HC tank gunner, and I'm pretty pissed. This is hours and hours of my time WASTED as combat vehicles are gimped now, and next to useless.

Real good call KK, real fuckin' good call. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:It isnt forever.

And theres enough ASGs around the map, whats your damn problem? I got a vehicle PE, i couldnt care less about repair being removed. And im hostile to 90% of my server.

Calm the fuck down. :)

Freaky Fryd
22-07-04, 09:02
Wow...I guess disabling all AOE for gentanks is next...

I hope this is fixed ASAP, seeing I know there's a group of 8 or 10 HC/vehicle spies on Pluto that are probably as pissed as I would be if rifles were disabled.

Lev
22-07-04, 09:05
I am not one to bash KK at every oportunity, but this is just pathetic, heres an idea, make the remote repair tool give NO experience, yes this may be difficult but taking away a whole classes (vhc pe/spies) ability to do ANYTHING effective is beyond description, what were you thinking when you put this chnge through?

Pathetic.

Archeus
22-07-04, 09:25
You can blame the muppet who posted a hint to the exploit yesterday. Didn't give full details but gave enough for people to start copying it.

Shame really some people can't use the stuff as the game intended.

Odd as it may seem, the Remote repair tool gave a good advantage in Op wars with Rhinos.

Remote Repair tool giving no XP is probably the best reasonable fix.

Scikar
22-07-04, 10:00
KK have already shown that they can't lower the XP for repair alone, only for all tradeskills. Doing so would bring every levelling tradeskiller here instead of every vehicle user.

I can't see a reason why they shouldn't bring tradeskill XP back up now though. Regarding Maloch's thread, there have been many posts before now which hinted more strongly at the exploit than anything he posted yesterday did.

If people didn't exploit in the first place, there wouldn't be a problem. Blame them. Just because you don't know who they are specifically doesn't mean it's suddenly KK's fault. No matter what they do at this point they'll get bitched at.

Va Va Voom!
22-07-04, 10:08
Gentanks Are Using Heals To Lvl Psi !!!!!!!!!

Omfg Disable Heals !

winnoc
22-07-04, 10:12
This is just nuts.....

It's not like after the xp nerf remote rapairing gave good xp, and the moron that claims you can cap dex on a spy doing it should honestly have tried it.

It would take millions and millions in remote repair nanites and weeks of constant clicking to do it.

I mean how many people did you still see doing it?

evs
22-07-04, 10:17
Jesus H

This must be a joke

But it's not april the 1st?

KK Pull your finger out for gods sake.

LTA
22-07-04, 10:56
. Macroing or even afk leveling = instant death to any moorpg. Tell that to hundreds of thousands of people playing FFXI

The macroing in that game is lovely, even botfishing is allowed as long as your there and when people were doing afk you know how square sorted? They didn't block it out, they didn't nerf, they just added some code that if you was stood in the same spot for certain periods of times you'd start pulling junk instead of fish.
Without macroing there'd be to much menu scrolling at vital times, the quick belt imo is a simplified macro really....

Macroing is a great feature if people did it right, in ffxi i can macro most things and as a White Mage it is a absoloutly vital tool for keeping a part of a 50 man party alive.

Half of the reasons are why i think tradeskills should a be seperate section of their own so they can be exp'd differently etc but thats imo

garyu69
22-07-04, 11:08
Half of the reasons are why i think tradeskills should a be seperate section of their own so they can be exp'd differently etc but thats imoso do you believe that people should be able to bang out a great constructor without having to do anything?

n3m
22-07-04, 11:13
c'est une petite ********-ish
at my best french.

winnoc
22-07-04, 11:19
Jeezes.

Does anyone here that complains about remote repairing even have a repairing driver?

YOU SHOULD HAVE TRIED IT BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN !!!!!

XP gains on remote repairing sucked bigtime.
It costs an arm and a leg in nanites. (now repairing from an asg costs even more than that)
Click it too fast and your tool is useless, you have to do something like get in and out of the vehicle to make it work again (pretty much sucks when you're under fire).

At higher levels of dex +60 it's not even worth the xp to repair stuff, you're better off recycling weapon parts for people, at least then you can make some cash.

I sure hope they get this patched pretty soon, maybe to something where xp levels are back to normal and you can only repair up to the point where it's 100%. Because right now my situation is like this:

Rareparts drops are fucked up.
Can't repair rhino anymore, so have to stay close to asg, which costs a LOT of cash. There sure are gonna be gankers near the asg's waiting to blow up the incomming 3% health rhino.
Forget op wars in a rhino or any other combat vehicle.

LTA
22-07-04, 11:23
so do you believe that people should be able to bang out a great constructor without having to do anything?
Yeah...

If that's what you managed to read from that quote O_o

or a different system for Tradeskilling altogther

Why should i be able to bang out a uber leet constructor or researcher ot be a great barterer of prices because i can repeatedly shoot the same mob with rifles thet gradually get better and better?

i can perform medical practices like implanting because i can kill a mob?
I learn to drive my vehicles by.... wait let me guess... shooting mobs, i think you should have your skills in another window, when you start using that skill you level it slowly, say after 20 builds you earn a level in cst and gain however many points. Or you drive your vhc and as you level you gain access to better vehicles, get cheaper reps at the garage, get special discounts of next for test driving, having tradeskill missions, get more skill at driving ie moving faster (think thats about the limit of the engine) or being able to to buyupgrades for the vhc and find a skilled cst to install them.

Then actually FIX the system so it's worth being a 220+ Resser/barter/cst/imper etc and you have another line of things, i don't see how the fact i can shoot things qualifies me to perform brain implants etc and i know it's not realism etc.... but there still has to be some sense to things//

Freya
22-07-04, 11:36
Patience, Rome was not built in a day, young grasshoppers

{MD}GeistDamnit
22-07-04, 11:38
paitence, Rome was not built in a day young grasshoppers

LMFAO, you need to edit that, hahaha

WebShock
22-07-04, 11:44
Thanks exploiters :)

Any chance you can make vehicle repairs free kk?

Its only fair. I used remote repair the way it was supposed to be used. I have a combat driver. What am i supposed to do? A grim chaser takes my trike from 100 to 50%. Thats just one grim. WHat do you expect me to do now? go repair after every grim i fight.

I'm sure you couldve found a better solution than to do away with the tool entirely.

enigma_b17
22-07-04, 11:46
i agree, it was a way overboard solution to the problem, I mean removing exp from repairing completely would ave been a more ideal solution, but disabling the tool altogether effectively prevents those few vehicle users out there from hunting/lvling or what ever effectively

Redburn
22-07-04, 11:47
Research XP is really muffed now, needed only a few more points to get another INT lvl.....well it just stop 2 points short so I did like 12 TL 80 BP's and what do you like happened? Not a dam thing changed to TL 86 BP's did another 8 of those still nothing, Oh I did re-log twice just to make sure I wasn't bugged. I did get those two points by doing a quick mission.

So a quick re-cap doing 18 high TL BP's to get 2 XP points in INT "NOTHING HAPPENED, NO POINTS"

I'll try this again at the next INT level to see if it does it again.

Kaden
22-07-04, 11:47
Thanks exploiters :)

Any chance you can make vehicle repairs free kk?

Its only fair. I used remote repair the way it was supposed to be used. I have a combat driver. What am i supposed to do? A grim chaser takes my trike from 100 to 50%. Thats just one grim. WHat do you expect me to do now? go repair after every grim i fight.

I'm sure you couldve found a better solution than to do away with the tool entirely.

This is a far better post than what's been floating around here recently. While i dont agree the repairs should be free, I do believe the cost should be lowered drastically, at least until a permafix is found for this.

See the 15 page+ thread below (or maybe above)

winnoc
22-07-04, 11:50
Cost should be lowered to where repair nanites cost you at 100 repair skill.

(i got 123 myself)

And even then i'm gonna lose rhinos to asg campers.

I think they underestimated how many vehicle users there are.
I'm sure there are more than there are pure repair tradeskillers that'll complain if the repair xp is temporarily taken away.

winnoc
22-07-04, 11:53
Research XP is really muffed now, needed only a few more points to get another INT lvl.....well it just stop 2 points short so I did like 12 TL 80 BP's and what do you like happened? Not a dam thing changed to TL 86 BP's did another 8 of those still nothing, Oh I did re-log twice just to make sure I wasn't bugged. I did get those two points by doing a quick mission.

So a quick re-cap doing 18 high TL BP's to get 2 XP points in INT "NOTHING HAPPENED, NO POINTS"

Yeah, tradeskill xp is (surprise surprise) BUGGED like that.
You have to move to another zone to see it go up again.
It'll always stay a couple points below your next level if you stay in the same zone.

{MD}GeistDamnit
22-07-04, 11:53
keep gettin porked in the ass as you support them :rolleyes:

or demand a goddamn patch! that's what I want, just 1 lousy patch before doy, or I'm gone nomatter how good it is I wont buy it :/

Kaden
22-07-04, 11:57

You need to use some other skill to level your int when that happens, it happened to me too and i was told that i could kill something, construct, hack etc, just to tick it over.

That worked.

enigma_b17
22-07-04, 11:57
I think thanatos or some1 said there was going to be one more patch for before BDoY, so i imagine theyr tryin to cram everything they can into, ie fix as much as possible before releasing it. Theyd need to be releasing it soon though or there wont be any point releasing a new patch lol

{MD}GeistDamnit
22-07-04, 12:00
I think thanatos or some1 said there was going to be one more patch for before BDoY, so i imagine theyr tryin to cram everything they can into, ie fix as much as possible before releasing it. Theyd need to be releasing it soon though or there wont be any point releasing a new patch lol

well I would love that, but I hope your not mistaken m8 ;)

winnoc
22-07-04, 12:00
Well, seeing as most of my clan are now actively playing Lineage II, i might as well go check it out.
Not much point in trying to gather techparts anymore by hunting with the rhino.

enigma_b17
22-07-04, 12:07
well I would love that, but I hope your not mistaken m8 ;)

lol so do I, but im nearly sure i heard rite

Well, seeing as most of my clan are now actively playing Lineage II, i might as well go check it out.
Not much point in trying to gather techparts anymore by hunting with the rhino.

o my holy god dont bother. That has to be one of the biggest piles of crap i ever played. It was a complete waste of cash, 50$ for the code and 15 a month and i got bored in about 10 minutes. Seriously winnoc, its nothing in comparison to neocron. On the upper hand i never crash or sync or zone :|. One thing i will say is that Castle Sieges outdoes even the biggest op wars in neocron. Spectacular, but thats really the only worth while thing in the game

Girian
22-07-04, 13:07
wow, it once more shows their incapacity to FIX something. It's just friggin unbelievable. How are you gonna handle things/bugs in the future, still the same? Learn nothing? U really think DoY is gonna bring you so much cash that you can finally get the hands u need to make this product what it should have been 12 months ago?

Freaky Fryd
22-07-04, 13:46
You need to use some other skill to level your int when that happens, it happened to me too and i was told that i could kill something, construct, hack etc, just to tick it over.

That worked.

Or just buy a flashlight or something...that usually works too...

Seven
22-07-04, 15:55
I learn to drive my vehicles by.... wait let me guess... shooting mobs.

LMATFO! True, so very true! :lol:

Maloch Octavia
22-07-04, 17:52
You can blame the muppet who posted a hint to the exploit yesterday. Didn't give full details but gave enough for people to start copying it.

Archeus, you can keep your finger pointing to yourself.
The post I made, with regards to that exploit, started it all eh? In one day, it had the entire server population doing it? Shut the hell up.

This has been going on for months, don't act all fucking innocent and abused to me, son.

I'm glad it's done. I'm glad it's fixed, because it's stopped a lot of cheating gypsies, from ruining the game even further.

So fuck you all that try to pin the blame on me, I'm glad I did it, and I'll do it again.

(Before anyone says anything, I'd sent dozens of emails with screenies, and nothing was happening, so I did what the idiots in here do when they want something nerfed, I screamed about it in the Forums, and oh lookee, it got fixed!!)

So fuck you again. :)

slaughteruall
22-07-04, 17:58
So fuck you all that try to pin the blame on me, I'm glad I did it, and I'll do it again.

[ edited ]You say you didn't do it and dont blame you. Then you say that you did do it. Dude do you even read the shit you post or are you jus making this shit up as you go along. You should really try and get your stories straight.

Slaughter

LTA
22-07-04, 18:00
Archeus, you can keep your finger pointing to yourself.
The post I made, with regards to that exploit, started it all eh? In one day, it had the entire server population doing it? Shut the hell up.

This has been going on for months, don't act all fucking innocent and abused to me, son.

I'm glad it's done. I'm glad it's fixed, because it's stopped a lot of cheating gypsies, from ruining the game even further.

Coulda just said certain exploit is back blah de blah

Not i killed the dude doing this exploit and got a REP glove and a SF

but then again it's not me who's been stopped from my main chars.....

plague
22-07-04, 18:03
So fuck you all

But thats another issue, you are still an idiot.

i think ppl like this ruin this game and make bad impression about comunity alltogether, i will not lower myself to ur level and try to insolt u but know this that u not gonna get far with attitude like this.

@ sork...blah...: i olready told u about punctuation in that other thread so go read it again or better yet print it out and pin it on er desk so u wont forget next time :rolleyes:

Maloch Octavia
22-07-04, 18:21
ur level and try to insolt u but know this that u not gonna get far with attitude like this.

Compared to a lot of people in this Community, I've a fairly well adjusted attitude. I'm looking at all the people screaming about how the game is shit, and how this has destroyed their lives and had their house burnt down because of it.

Get a grip, I say again.

You say you didn't do it and dont blame you. Then you say that you did do it.

No, I'm saying don't pin the blame on me, because, read this bit carefully, I'll even make it bold for you;
I made that post, yes, but the final outcome, is not my fault, nor is it my fault, because I wasn't one of the many that were abusing this for months, thus... Don't pin the blame on me..

Blame it on every other tool that kept doing it, or blame Reakktor for taking this route, but don't blame me, I did what was needed, and what was right.

slaughteruall
22-07-04, 18:26
No, I'm saying don't pin the blame on me, because, read this bit carefully, I'll even make it bold for you;
I made that post, yes, but the final outcome, is not my fault, nor is it my fault, because I wasn't one of the many that were abusing this for months, thus... Don't pin the blame on me..

Blame it on every other tool that kept doing it, or blame Reakktor for taking this route, but don't blame me, I did what was needed, and what was right.

Maybe your to [self edit] to understand let me explain it again.

You did what you were supposed to do at first. You reported it. Posting about it on the forums made KK rush there "fix" (if you want to call it that) because a shit load of people found out that it would work again and where trying it. If you would of left it alone and just kept spamming the exploits email adress they would of handled it in a timely manner and fixed it right. Then the people who use the remote repair tool for what it's meant for (not lvling up quickly) would not of been screwed over. Because you did post it you just fucked a lot of people.

Slaughter

Maloch Octavia
22-07-04, 18:29
Posting about it on the forums made KK rush there "fix" (if you want to call it that) because a shit load of people found out that it would work again and where trying it. If you would of left it alone and just kept spamming the exploits email adress they would of handled it in a timely manner and fixed it right. Then the people who use the remote repair tool for what it's meant for (not lvling up quickly) would not of been screwed over. Because you did post it you just fucked a lot of people.

Don't make me out to be the nasty man in this situation, because I'm not. I've been spamming Abuse for ages, they frankly, don't appear to give a toss. Also, there were already dozens upon dozens of people working on the exploit. So if it takes making a post, getting maybe another dozen or so into doing it, but it gets Reakktors notice, then yay.

I seriously doubt that the post I made yesterday, between that post and this fix, saw hundreds of people running off to exploit.

So if I fucked a lot of people, then hey, I didn't, Reakktor did, and the exploiters did. You're just angry because you can't accept that harsh things have to happen sometimes.

[Edit]Actually, a rough figure sum for you:

When I made that post, that was because, between myself and the rest of my Clannies, we had managed to come across, no less than 24 people working on the exploit.

Taking the piss, quite frankly. That was in a ten minute gap. Not counting all the other people I'd been coming across. So it was already spiralling out of control.

coppertop
22-07-04, 18:33
One point to make. Bug/exploit in game+KK know about it = FIX!.

KK's method. bug/exploit in game+KK know about it+KK cant be assed fixing it because (a) they dont know how (b) they cant be assed spending time finding out how because they are busy developing there 'new game' and cant be bothered looking after the game there current player base are actually paying for. = REMOVE TOOL!.

Ahh yes, gotta love the KK way. BTW get a new dictionary. FIX does not mean break.

:lol:

plague
22-07-04, 18:34
Compared to a lot of people in this Community, I've a fairly well adjusted attitude. I'm looking at all the people screaming about how the game is shit, and how this has destroyed their lives and had their house burnt down because of it.
Get a grip, I say again.

ok thats what i call exaggeration. let me let u in on some diteils, i work 8 hours a day, i go to school evry day and i hang out with my friends evry day, doing all that i find time to play neocron and when i do spen few hour in this game i want to enjoy it not sitting aoround on char that can't do anything but drive and trade skill....can u understand that? i have good grip on my life and whats going on in it so do be telling me this but think before u do somthing and if u did it atleast admit the foult(thats what meke us mature adults, not saying "blame kk r exploiters but me" it's not er foult that there is exploit like this but it is for this harsh actions)...ffs

Maloch Octavia
22-07-04, 18:37
it not sitting aoround on char that can't do anything but drive and trade skill....

Then that's your fault for picking a fairly boring character setup.
I have one of those, but I also have an interesting pure combat character.
You have four slots, use them well.

but think before u do somthing and if u did it atleast admit the foult

I've no fault to admit to. Maybe if something had been done about Abuse emails, this wouldn't have happened, but still, it's done now. So yay for the future.

ok thats what i call exaggeration.

Is it, really? I don't think so. Read some of these posts from people screaming about how shit the game is. They sound fairly ill-adjusted if you ask me, because they're not taking the time to step back, and say, "Okay, so this has been changed... Ah well... *Breath*..."

On a further note, as much as I'm enjoying this thread, it's starting to move too much towards a personal attack on me, which is nice that people want to pay me so much attention, but I'm finished here.

Simply put:

I did what I did, out of inaction by Reakktor, and by people constantly abusing the system.

Results have now been obtained.

The world will be a better place.

*Waves*

plague
22-07-04, 18:49
Then that's your fault for picking a fairly boring character setup.
I have one of those, but I also have an interesting pure combat character.
You have four slots, use them well.

heh u don't seem to get it do u, i have been playing this game since beta and frankly played enough on all other chars i caped them 5 times over and the only fun i have left is playing NON COMBAT char yes i can log on my 104/63 fully caped hybrid or tank or other spy's and do what? go pk.....lol.. so it comes down to this thats they only char i wanna play and it got fucked = less ppl playing game (do u want that?). am i over it? yes first few minutes after i saw announcment i was over it, am i not pissed anymore?? no i still am becous the problemm presists and u keep pissing about it calling evrybody who is unhappy with this exploiters..(do u now c why ppl get apset?)

I've no fault to admit to. Maybe if something had been done about Abuse emails, this wouldn't have happened, but still, it's done now. So yay for the future.

whats done is done indeed and ppl r over it but they not over the fact one post could fuck the game....

Is it, really? I don't think so. Read some of these posts from people screaming about how shit the game is. They sound fairly ill-adjusted if you ask me, because they're not taking the time to step back, and say, "Okay, so this has been changed... Ah well... *Breath*..."

"and how this has destroyed their lives and had their house burnt down because of it.
Get a grip, I say again."

this is ur words, and it is exaggeration is it not? so dont make me link this to dictionary.com ... ah just in case teh link (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=exaggeration)

{MD}GeistDamnit
22-07-04, 23:56
well I think everyone here can agree that we are all mad, and annoyed. But what are KK gonna do? They better do something quick... oh wait today is thursday, no patch today, no patch tomorrow, none on weekend hmm maybe monday? haha yeah right :lol: