PDA

View Full Version : black synch screen when logging in

boombang
21-07-04, 18:08
Seems to only happen on Saturn, but ever time I log in it just goes to the black synch screen.

Looking on other computers I actually appear, so the char is actually logged in, but no matter how long i leave it, i never get anything more.

The computer is on a broadband connection, through another computer.

The other computer can log in fine. Both of them seem to have dodgy connection and lose conn from the game a lot (synch bug etc.), but we have experienced it on both comps before they connected together.

This black screen bug has only appeared in the last few days, before that both were running fine.
Ta

MrChumble
21-07-04, 20:29
Firstly I'm assuming these are two different accounts, not two characters on one account. You can't log in two from one account at the same time, but I believe it brings up an error if you try.

Try forcing the port to something different on the second machine. Usefully I can't remember the command, but it goes in the neocron.ini file. I think it's

localport = "xxxx"

but I could be wrong.

I've had this problem before as well, and it seems to be quite intermittent. I've not managed to pin down an exact cause, but changing the local port certainly helped.

boombang
21-07-04, 23:42
Oops... yeah it is 2 accounts.

I wondered if there was a conflict between the two machines - from further play it seems whoever logs in first gets better synching, and less bugs, although only my comp gets this screen of death (the other just loves to crash, especially in OP fights).

Have had a look at neocron.ini but see no possible port settings - think you are definately on the right lines though.