PDA

View Full Version : Drugging up tactics

juvestar15
21-07-04, 09:55
Hi folks,
I had my old PE equipped today and i've managed to get him to cap Dmg/Aim with a Judge. I really like the Judge but i just don't look cool enough. :P I need that black PA, it will make me look tough and scary. :rolleyes:

Now before you exit this thread thinking it's another "lame ass" asking for an "uber setup".... IT ISNT. :cool: I want to use a rolh too so i got this setup worked out and i need to use redflash.

How do you drug users combat the side effect of drugs? In OP fights and everywhere else. The PE is really the only class that has kept me interested in the game. I think the next OP fight i goto i will bring my PE, i hate the other classes at the moment. I think drugging for OPs is a real inconvenience. :( For duels.... i guess it's not too bad. But i want to use my PE as my main char. Running around places killing enemies, jumping around plaza for hours, you know the normal stuff. :D

Sometimes when i go around searching for enemies, it can take me quite a while. I'd probably use quite alot of redflashes, so plenty of drug flashes. Is it really worth it?

Just post your strategies to combat downers. :)

garyu69
21-07-04, 10:00
I occasionaly wear my PA4 on my PE and to do so i usually need to pop 2 drugs.

If i take it out while fighting i try to not take a drug until i really need to. So say we are taking an OP i will already have the PA on but it will be blacked out. THen usually i take first hack and wait at the UG. As soon as someone pops up i slip the 2 dugs down and *poof* i have my sexy black PA on and i am ready to go and super fast after taking those drugs too :)

alig
21-07-04, 10:30
I dont know how you would be any good with rolh with 1 drug. I use 4 drugs on my rolh pe...i use redflash/beast/nightspider but i use a whiteflash to get pa4 on then it stays on.

[ edited ]
Also unless your weird you'll have just enough T-C with pc1 to use rolh...make sure you drug when you boost, that way every 10minutes your drug and boost's are going so you'll be useless anyway without a pc1 boost on meaning you need to redrug too.

Oh and judge users are cool and look cool :p i always use my judge pe over my rolh pe because judge pwns. You might not have black pa on but you'll look cool when your killing slasher/exe pe's with a judge (which is really underated)

juvestar15
21-07-04, 11:11
I guess that relog trick would work. Might get on my nerves though.

@garyu: Have you ever been in a situation where you had a drug flash at a bad time. Or do you manage the drugs wearing off well?

garyu69
21-07-04, 11:31
@garyu: Have you ever been in a situation where you had a drug flash at a bad time. Or do you manage the drugs wearing off well?
heh, i remember fighting up at the MB not so long ago and everything was going great but then all of a sudden i had a major drug flash, one of those ones that you can't do much about. I couldn't see anything at all and there was no point in running to the GR because it was so bad that i wouldn't have been able to find my cursor on the screen. I just ended up running around not firing and i lasted quite a while which was fun.

But like has been said usually if you pop another drug you will remove the drug flash but it does mean that the next flash will be worse. I'm also pretty sure if you have take a load of drugs over a period to get rid of flashes that it can knock off a chunk of health when a flash happens. Not too sure though.

as for the re-log trick, wouldn't this be classed as an exploit at all?

LTA
21-07-04, 11:32
On my pe i used to use Redflash and Beast and pa3, i was low tech so Redflash was purely for the extra speed, i kept drugflash down at op wars by keeping drugs in my belt and remebering the number.

You can get rid of the flash by reloggin or for a few times taking more drugs (although it tstacks the flash harder) also saved drugging till the start of the fight not while i was stood at the op, eventually you'll learn your drug/times and know to hide out in the op and relog or repop.

[TgR]KILLER
21-07-04, 11:32
afaik taking another drug when you get a drugflash cancels it right away.. just not after 10 drugs or so. and i'v heard from several people that if you take a single drug there aint no flash.. i was on a char and din't get a drugflash with 1 drug and dit with another o_O

but anyway.. relogging in the middle of an OP war when you got a flash aint realy gonna work i gues ;)

Underground
21-07-04, 11:38
Easiest way to find your cursor is move it to the nearest corner to where you have your inventory in your RPOS then you can track it from there easily. My PE used 4 drugs and they all ran at the same time, after a while you get used to how long each one lasts, and when you see the ticker going down, pop another drug, and you restart the time, and dont get flash :)

IMO, if you gonna use 1 blue drug, you might aswell use 3, same for green drugs, gonna use one, may aswell use 3 :p cause take em all at the same time, they all run out at the same time, easy to track...

greens drop, so retake them, next its blues to drop, rince repeat, no flash atall then.

Only thing you gotta watch for is popping a antistun or atiDB when one of the drug timers are ticking down, thats when you get a MEGA drugflash :(

Dribble Joy
21-07-04, 12:50
I only take one or two drugs at an OP fight, in duels there are no PPUs so it's two to cast br3.
RF and NS, even with my PA I only have 99 dex, but then I have a moveon and ppr with my judge.

Doc Holliday
21-07-04, 20:22
prepatch with new drugs i used 2 drugs or maybe 3 in a duel. rf det forte and then paret forte to top up the hp to a nice figure :) at ops with a ppu available i would use one. redflash. u can go a long time with just using that if u get heat/haz on. the paret forte really was duels only but then i am low tech mate so it might not help too much.

SorkZmok
21-07-04, 20:33
In my opinion drugflash is way too random. Sometimes i get no drugflash in 30 minutes, sometimes it hits me after just 1. time i logged off while i had an extreme drugflash, logged on again next day on another character and he had the same drugflash. Relogging didnt fix it, i had to wait for about 10 minutes for it to wear off.

If you use drugs, pop new ones before the old ones run out. The sooner the better. Thats all their is to know. Every other way of getting rid of drugflash would be technically exploiting.
On the other hand, we all know theres never gonna happen anything about such minor crap. o_O

Doc Holliday
21-07-04, 20:34
GET XANTOR! hes the druglord supreme when it comes down to it. he should be the man to ask

greendonkeyuk
21-07-04, 20:40
paret forte is shit, ive said this to you a tonne of times.

i use a similar set up to DJs, but yeah the relog trick is your best bet and tbh ive not been to all that many opfights that have lasted longer than 20 or 30 mins so i normally can make do with the drugflash problems. Normally i jus pop my drugs as i need them. When travelling in the wastes i prefer to be buffed at all times in "popular" places and then when im in a not so popular place i wont drug all the time.

Sloterdijk
21-07-04, 20:41
wtf is happening here? they changed forum rules? people are posting EXPLOITS in the forum without a single [EDITED] ??

confused^2

Sloterdijk

Doc Holliday
21-07-04, 20:44
lol dont take much to confuse u does it mate ;)

SorkZmok
21-07-04, 20:45
wtf is happening here? they changed forum rules? people are posting EXPLOITS in the forum without a single [EDITED] ??

confused^2

Sloterdijkits the most common exploit anyway i bet.
:lol:

And i also only drug when i need to. 1 drug only in opfights, none when im just wandering around. If i see an enemy, i usually stealth up to them, attack em and if it doesnt work, i stealth away, drug up, go back and waste them. :)

Using drugs permanently is way too expensive these days. Well, expensive or extremely time consuming.

Dribble Joy
21-07-04, 20:48
I hear Xantor has stocks of all the drugs he uses numbering in the thousands.

LTA
21-07-04, 20:51
heh anyone could

Take a hour out ressin the drugs then build em if you have 150 tradeskiller res/cst you make one in a like a eye flash, it costs 1 Trisol to make, i just mass produce illegal substances infront of the p2 copbots and they couldn't care less.
hell i even let nc know i am distributing illegal substances but they don't stop meh :p

Doc Holliday
21-07-04, 20:52

rofl. well how did he get them huh loool.

greendonkeyuk
21-07-04, 20:56
omg doc didnt you know?

Sloterdijk
21-07-04, 20:56
doc i think this is much!
when in other threads the name of the game <FACE OF MANKIND> is mentioned there is an [EDITED] 5 minutes later.
and ten hours after posting an exploit nothing happens..think that really is confusing!
and only because alot of ppl think that this is normal, it is still an EXPLOIT !!! a drug got positive and negative effects. taking 10 drugs with all the positive effects w/o any negative ones is not normal and not meant to be that way.

sloterdijk

Dribble Joy
21-07-04, 21:09
Dude... chill.

greendonkeyuk
21-07-04, 21:13
i was confused..... and so it begins... nah serious someone clone slot a valium can you. Ill roll him a spliff. Lta can bring the shrooms.... (if his mum didnt eat em all :D) and we can all have a nice happy time in the nice happy place.

LTA
21-07-04, 21:54
i was confused..... and so it begins... nah serious someone clone slot a valium can you. Ill roll him a spliff. Lta can bring the shrooms.... (if his mum didnt eat em all :D) and we can all have a nice happy time in the nice happy place.
lol

if only.... i'd love to see my mum on shrooms would prolly be the highlight of my life :p

Xylaz
22-07-04, 02:56
drug tactics... is quite simple actually

You cannot take two same drugs one after another or the drugflash will stack. The rule is, to exchange them continuosly...
Example, if u need dex drugs, use whiteflash and redflash - first take redflash, then u got 10 mins free, then take whiteflash, another 5 mins, then another redflash = 10 mins, another whiteflash = 5 mins, and after the fifth one you'll finally get drugflash, but pop *another* drug (str, psi etc) to ease the drugflash effect, not entirely maybe but hard enough to be able to see and move.
The point is to never ever take 2 or more same drugs in a row because the drugflash effect will stack. When u take +4 drug then +5, drugflash from +4 will wear off before the end of +5 drug and so on.

hope it helps a little
az

juvestar15
22-07-04, 07:25
Can i take a red flash straight after white flash?
Like this...

Redflash (wait 9:55)
WhiteFlash
Red wears off
RedFlash (wait 9:55)
WhiteFlash
Red wears off

How long can i do that for?
Or does the drug HAVE to wear off before taking the next?

I'll just go in game and try it. :P

SorkZmok
22-07-04, 07:28
Can i take a red flash straight after white flash?
Like this...

Redflash (wait 9:55)
WhiteFlash
Red wears off
RedFlash (wait 9:55)
WhiteFlash
Red wears off

How long can i do that for?
Or does the drug HAVE to wear off before taking the next?

I'll just go in game and try it. :PFor at least 9:55 minutes up to an hour. Its luck.

Doc Holliday
22-07-04, 19:35
doc i think this is much!
when in other threads the name of the game <FACE OF MANKIND> is mentioned there is an [EDITED] 5 minutes later.
and ten hours after posting an exploit nothing happens..think that really is confusing!
and only because alot of ppl think that this is normal, it is still an EXPLOIT !!! a drug got positive and negative effects. taking 10 drugs with all the positive effects w/o any negative ones is not normal and not meant to be that way.

sloterdijk

i was kidding. its a joke mate that was all. its english humour im sorry if u thought i was being funny.