PDA

View Full Version : Neocron.org Needs a Crew

DaxAra
21-07-04, 07:02
Hi all,
i've been working on an new Neocron Fansite.

this should be an site that has it all and keeps it all up to date.
however i would need others to help me out with that.

if anyone is interrested in helping with starting an new community they can go here: http://www.neocron.org/contribute.php

Marx
21-07-04, 12:56
I can help out, not sure how, I could just stand around with a billboard I guess.

evs
21-07-04, 13:05
im not sure what neocron.org will offer over and above nc.synergyxr.net

what is it you want for contribution?

Rob01m
21-07-04, 13:10
im not sure what neocron.org will offer over and above nc.synergyxr.net

what is it you want for contribution?

nc.synergyxr.net is great, but it is not up to date - there's also some things missing that would be nice to see, like vehicle information, etc.

garyu69
21-07-04, 13:20
woop!

You have a link to my RolePlay Diary.

Have added a link back.

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 13:22
I registered but i cant activate my account untill i get home. I cant check my personnel email account from work. Stupid firewall.

Slaughter

cRazy2003
21-07-04, 13:23
I can help out, not sure how, I could just stand around with a billboard I guess.

ownage

Zaq
21-07-04, 13:31
nc.synergyxr.net is great, but it is not up to date - there's also some things missing that would be nice to see, like vehicle information, etc.

erm well send in the corrections then, thats the whole point of that site, its totally database driven and the search function just owns all other potential sites. The vehicle section is coming soon, im told

Nice looking site though

DaxAra
21-07-04, 15:40
I can help out, not sure how, I could just stand around with a billboard I guess.that's an good idea ;)

what is it you want for contribution?everyting anyone can help with. I want NCo to be an ALL in One fansite.

You have a link to my RolePlay Diary.

Have added a link back.
*yaay* :D

I registered but i cant activate my account untill i get home. I cant check my personnel email account from work.the e-mail validator isn't done yet some e-mail adresses wil not be accepted.

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 15:42
the e-mail validator isn't done yet some e-mail adresses wil not be accepted.

hmm i wonder if mine will work then. It's from my website will have to find out. If not i have a yahoo acount also.

Slaughter

DaxAra
21-07-04, 15:48
hmm i wonder if mine will work then. It's from my website will have to find out. If not i have a yahoo acount also.

Slaughter
as far as i know it rejects mainly hotmail accounts. if that also goes for yahoo accounts i dont know..

ezza
21-07-04, 15:51
think i signed up on the site a while ago using my yahoo account so should be ok

naimex
21-07-04, 16:25
it had no problems with my hotmail account...

And that was ages ago, so unless you´ve bugged the script since :p

//EDIT :

Btw Daxxy, I wrote you a message on the admin board.

Vampire222
21-07-04, 16:25
i'd be glad to help you guys out....

DaxAra
21-07-04, 17:23
Btw Daxxy, I wrote you a message on the admin board.i noticed...

garyu69
21-07-04, 17:26
re-registered with a non hotmail account and it went through

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 17:26
Yeah i will be doing what i can. I'm to lazy for HTML i havn't even finished my own site yet. Plus i'm doing one of those HTMl for dummies books. Because well i'm a dummie when it comes to HTML pretty simple really.

Slaughter

Created it with my work email account.

DaxAra
21-07-04, 19:21
Yeah i will be doing what i can. I'm to lazy for HTML i havn't even finished my own site yet. Plus i'm doing one of those HTMl for dummies books. Because well i'm a dummie when it comes to HTML pretty simple really.
administrators get acces to an Admin Area. No HTML or PHP knowledge needed. you can use BB code for textmakeup

Rob01m
21-07-04, 19:27
Can I help too? :angel:

Or do you have enough already. :(

Lachlan
21-07-04, 19:32

nc.synergyxr.net is community updated. Hence, if it's not up-to-date, Click the "Submit a correction" link. If you want to see vehicles, post a request for a vehicle section in the forums.

[sorry to hijack the thread]

DaxAra
21-07-04, 19:32
Can I help too? :angel:

Or do you have enough already. :(
you can always apply -> www.neocron.org/contribute.php

-FN-
21-07-04, 20:09
nc.synergyxr.net is community updated. Hence, if it's not up-to-date, Click the "Submit a correction" link. If you want to see vehicles, post a request for a vehicle section in the forums.

[sorry to hijack the thread]

Um, yeah. What he said. I'm still posting things. There are still updates coming in, literally daily, but it's piece-meal. I don't sit in game and write down 500 new blueprint receipes and then put them on the site. Anyone who wants to run a site like that will eventually burn out or quit NC, i.e. Rustot and neocron.ems.ru, Mayze and neonoob.com, Zai and croncom.com. I know Zai and Mayze in real life so I've coordinated many things with them in the development of nc.syn.

There's already an entire Admin backend, requiring no coding knowledge, to nc.synergyxr.net that the admins use to update everything. I'm currently converting some of the MySQL data to XML forms because people have expressed interest in writing .NET and other applications based on the data in the database. There's also a "printable, no graphics" version of the database coming out this week.

There's currently a Neocron Mob Photohunt (http://forums.synergyxr.net/viewtopic.php?t=1061) going on that is slowly filling up the image portion of the Mob Info area (http://nc.synergyxr.net/mobs.php). I have levelling maps from WhiteKarrobi that I'm putting up this week. The Neocron History (http://nc.synergyxr.net/history.php) was added last week for the heck of it, it's a good (but long) read. The Patch Notes (http://nc.synergyxr.net/patchnotes.php) Section has a small search now so you can look for changes on specific things...

*shrug* Nice design work on Neocron.org Daxara - Good luck with it and if there's anything I can do to help, lemme know. And I didn't mean to hijack the thread either, but I just didn't want people thinking that nc.synergyxr.net (http://nc.synergyxr.net) is like some uber-old useless site either o_O It *is* form driven and it's up to the community to keep it up to date - and it's not going anywhere for at least 3 years, I guarantee that ;)

-- Edit --

Also, and this is just my opinion, there are many items on nc.synergyxr.net that I haven't approved yet and are still in Submitted status. Corresspond with Callash and Honeypot a bit if you can - a resource site is great, but don't step on the toes of the storyline and item developers :) They still want to keep some things a surprise!

[TgR]HusK
21-07-04, 23:22
I've been working on a new version of neocron.ems.ru for well over a month now, and I can tell why they stopped updating it :P

The information it contained was extreem and it has become harder to obtain them with the new mob damage specific armour.
I prefere having a site of like neocron.ems.ru over nc.synergyxr.net because I can be 100% sure the site is updated to the point it says its updated, instead of user submitted.
The problem with user submissions is that you need to double check them, and that they are often incomplete, many (if not all) submissions took the recipes directly from the old neocron.ems.ru or croncom, but they are all wrong... weights the same...(but who cares about those anywayz :p)

Also there are no longer sites containing information like damage type, amount, actual maximum range of use, actual maximum speed... all information very much needed for new players to know what an item actualy does, and possibly usefull information when deciding on a certain end goal/setup.

This was the reason for me to start on that site, and its still a good way from finished (and thus still only offline), I will see if I like the changes you've made to neocron.org so far, as previous it was all to vague for me(looked like you had no idea what was needed, what you wanted, why, etc)

I'm getting close on completing the info for all guns (except for the actual damage ammount, as thats a no longer trustworthy on 50/50 mobs and takes shitloads of time to do that on same level-different armour mobs, so for now just the multiplier versus the damage type)
I've also had alot of help from agent 36 and offcourse his german site http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/ (mostly on the new recipes as I already had the new item requirements) which is actualy for about 95% up2date at this very moment. (highest I've seen so far since neocron.ems.ru stopped)

Anyway, I'll be willing to give all this work to both neocron.org and nc.synergyxr.net when I got it all sorted out, the more sites, the more happy people and the more chances of the info staying live overall.

Those intrested - pm me.

[edit: side note - all the info is contained in excel files atm, saved as a tab seperated txt file its easily added into any database with a simple php script]

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 23:23
administrators get acces to an Admin Area. No HTML or PHP knowledge needed. you can use BB code for textmakeup

Well didn't know if you needed help doing the pages with the weapons and what not. That was really what i was getting at.

Slaughter

[TgR]HusK
21-07-04, 23:31
Site is looking good, alot of redundancy atm though ... melee ... melee weapon, that sorta stuff - also not easy to view several item properties at one glance, I like to compare things alot by seeing them all with details in one big list, perhaps an idea to change that?

one question on the side line... the info, directly taken from other sites or completely new and checked info? or in other words... trustworthy data?

DaxAra
22-07-04, 18:32
HusK']Site is looking good, alot of redundancy atm though ... melee ... melee weapon, that sorta stuff - also not easy to view several item properties at one glance, I like to compare things alot by seeing them all with details in one big list, perhaps an idea to change that?how manny at once? 2? 3?

HusK']one question on the side line... the info, directly taken from other sites or completely new and checked info? or in other words... trustworthy data?atm most data isn't deeply checked.. but that is something that the Admins (all, including me) will do in time.
*as i think it belongs to keeping it all up to date its gonna be an common/continueing task*

DaxAra
22-07-04, 18:34
Well didn't know if you needed help doing the pages with the weapons and what not. That was really what i was getting at.

Slaughteri do wnat to extend the items DB a lot. for example i want pictures with the weapons and vechiles. so, Yes! ;)

slaughteruall
22-07-04, 19:09
i do wnat to extend the items DB a lot. for example i want pictures with the weapons and vechiles. so, Yes! ;)

Figured as much. I can help with getting the info and if you started the code for the page i could finish it. Or gave me a template that i could go off from. I think you get the idea.

Slaughter

-FN-
22-07-04, 19:52
HusK']I've been working on a new version of neocron.ems.ru for well over a month now, and I can tell why they stopped updating it :P

That's my reasoning behind making nc.syn as it is. I hope Daxara gets a great crew as well if you guys plan to keep it up to date yourselves. Managing all that data yourselves, as Husk, has learned, is a royal pain in the ass.

HusK']Also there are no longer sites containing information like damage type, amount, actual maximum range of use, actual maximum speed... all information very much needed for new players to know what an item actualy does, and possibly usefull information when deciding on a certain end goal/setup.

Everyone does realize that Rustot & Co. got a large portion of their info from the .def files, right? The validity of breaking into them to get info is an extremely grey area. Programs like Mighty Max's Item GFX, which is/was awesome, are smack in the middle of this grey area. Tearing them apart to get the info is the best way to do get it, but probably not the way we're 'allowed' to do so. I'm just gonna leave it at that.

HusK'] Anyway, I'll be willing to give all this work to both neocron.org and nc.synergyxr.net when I got it all sorted out, the more sites, the more happy people and the more chances of the info staying live overall.

*fires up PM machine* :) Thanks man

[TgR]KILLER
22-07-04, 19:53
yay.. well like i will be helping.. tho you already got all the stuff i had in that zip.. gotta look if i still got it somewere so i can up it myself.. all the faction info etc..

think i already signed up on the site but realy can't remmeber no more lol..

btw.. got an offer from some weird US company to put over the domein to them.. their loads more expencive then the ones we'r @ tho.. but like.. i thought you changed all info to your name ? as the letter came to me :p

DaxAra
22-07-04, 21:37
KILLER']btw.. got an offer from some weird US company to put over the domein to them.. their loads more expencive then the ones we'r @ tho.. but like.. i thought you changed all info to your name ? as the letter came to me :p i dont know whay they did so.. because neocron.org is under my name by InterNIC *main organistartion for .com, .org & .net* as well as with the registar

[TgR]KILLER
22-07-04, 22:38
lol stupid.. maybe that company already had picked up my info when i regged neocron.org and they just din't bother to check again :p

SjanTeN^
22-07-04, 22:43
I really do respect people who make their own page. This is yet again a PHP nuke, its not even set up very well. Anyhow its looking good tho, some PHP errors and the CSS dosent work that well in IE.
Ill be glad to help in anyway possible. So just give me a dm or so ;)

DaxAra
22-07-04, 22:44
KILLER']lol stupid.. maybe that company already had picked up my info when i regged neocron.org and they just din't bother to check again :p
i guess so.. that would be the only explaination possible.

but i'm wondering what companny made the offer and what the offer was ;) *not that i'm gonna sell Neocron.org ;)*

Jonax
23-07-04, 00:10
You may want to hold off the apartment guide for at least a couple of months - Remember that BDoY will rework the apartments significantly to bring in the customisible furniture.

After BDoY comes out though, I might be able to rewrite Ash Ridley's Apartment Guide (http://freespace.virgin.net/ash.ridley/) to bring it up to date with the BDoY release if you wish :)

DaxAra
23-07-04, 03:40
I really do respect people who make their own page. This is yet again a PHP nuke, its not even set up very well. Anyhow its looking good tho, some PHP errors and the CSS dosent work that well in IE.
Ill be glad to help in anyway possible. So just give me a dm or so ;)

i'm sorry, phpNUKE??? I DO NOT NUKE PHP, I USE IT and yes there are errors.. i'm still working on that. NCo Is not done yet!.
btw.. maybie you did not notice this.. but neocron.com is postnuke (and that is only the same with different ppl that made it).
<meta name="author" content="Neocron Homepage" />
<meta name="copyright" content="Copyright (c) 2001 by Neocron Homepage" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" />
<meta name="distribution" content="Global" />
<meta name="generator" content="PostNuke 0.7.1 - http://postnuke.com" />
<meta name="rating" content="General" />
<link rel="StyleSheet" href="themes/Neocron/style/style.css" type="text/css">

DaxAra
23-07-04, 03:42
You may want to hold off the apartment guide for at least a couple of months - Remember that BDoY will rework the apartments significantly to bring in the customisible furniture.i know..

After BDoY comes out though, I might be able to rewrite Ash Ridley's Apartment Guide (http://freespace.virgin.net/ash.ridley/) to bring it up to date with the BDoY release if you wish :)that would be great ;)

DaxAra
24-07-04, 04:51
seems like we have a starting team here ;)