PDA

View Full Version : Tradeskilling Exp

enigma_b17
21-07-04, 02:37
Dont mean to complain or anything but could some1 give the community an eta on when Tradeskilling exp is going to be upped again. Im tryin to lvl a researcher, more or less just out of mc5 at an op with all points in research. im doing a tl71 drone, where my research is at 85 and im getting 67 expeerience points per bp. If any1 has any tips about lvlin a pure non-combat researcher id appreciate it, cause its taken me like 40 mins to get my first int lvl

Marx
21-07-04, 02:47
If any1 has any tips about lvlin a pure non-combat researcher id appreciate it, cause its taken me like 40 mins to get my first int lvl
Here's a tip. Level through combat, cap, then LoM.

Ozambabbaz
21-07-04, 02:48
dunno exactly when they changed the levelling scheme so drastically, but doing highest tl stuff isnt the fastest way to lvl anymore, except in the last 20-10 lvls. it's curving, so with a 85 research skill, u might wanna do tl30 medkits, always check what XP u get for comparison and use the 2nd or 3rd try as benchmark, never the first.

also check when u lvl int p, ull get more xp for the item researched... when it starts being less, get a higher tl item and research that.

Nanook
21-07-04, 02:53
Level as lowtech pistol if you are a spy (?) and don't put any points in weapon lore, you'll still get enough wl from implants to cap aiming on your weapons.

enigma_b17
21-07-04, 03:01
"Here's a tip. Level through combat, cap, then LoM"

the thing is I already ave like 4 combat spies and lvling those was annoying as hell, i dont want to use this char for anything else but a researcher so capping wont be high on my to do list :)

Marx
21-07-04, 03:05
"Here's a tip. Level through combat, cap, then LoM"

the thing is I already ave like 4 combat spies and lvling those was annoying as hell, i dont want to use this char for anything else but a researcher so capping wont be high on my to do list :)
Well, If you want to just sit and research, you can just continue doing what you're doing, You can do a lower TL item though. It won't be fun, it won't be quick.

Hell, I LoM'd over to Research/Repair nearly 6 months ago. Two weeks ago I was back to Rifle/Hack since I only gained two levels during that period of time (was 82 dex, 79 int. Am now 89 dex, 88 int with moderate hunting).

..i..DemonX
21-07-04, 03:05
Well the problem on high tradeskill xp is that some ppl will all time use them to level combat spys, monks, pe's and may even tanks with macros over night. We have seen that with the repair xp and it will happen if ress would give any good xp!
Sad but thats how it is ...

Marx
21-07-04, 03:08
Well the problem on high tradeskill xp is that some ppl will all time use them to level combat spys, monks, pe's and may even tanks with macros over night. We have seen that with the repair xp and it will happen if ress would give any good xp!
I'm sorry, but that's BS.

For the amount of time it takes to research one high TL item, the XP gain is stupidly low. Repair XP? I have no problem with that being low because you don't have to sit there for nearly two minutes to repair an item.

You don't have to sit there for nearly two minutes to construct an item either.

..i..DemonX
21-07-04, 03:34
I'm sorry, but that's BS.

For the amount of time it takes to research one high TL item, the XP gain is stupidly low. Repair XP? I have no problem with that being low because you don't have to sit there for nearly two minutes to repair an item.

You don't have to sit there for nearly two minutes to construct an item either.

Uhm u read my post realy? Or just was whant to say BS?
In fact the repair xp is good enuff to cap a spy (int/dex) in like max. 2 days!
And the thread was made to ask for more xp for Traders so i said if it gives more xp more ppl will use it as a easy level way! Where is the bullshit on it? PPL already do it! U may should more play NC and watch the world around u!

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 12:27
And the thread was made to ask for more xp for Traders so i said if it gives more xp more ppl will use it as a easy level way! Where is the bullshit on it? PPL already do it! U may should more play NC and watch the world around u!

Maybe you should open your eye's a little. it's no longer done because of the shit XP. You've always gotten shit XP for researching which is what this thread is about. Thou you used to get better XP then that. I lvl'd my researcher of ressing PSI booster 3's back when they were not clonable pretty profitable also really. As for now i dont know how to lvl a low lvl resser. It's chit XP across the board really.

Slaughter

Marx
21-07-04, 12:38
And the thread was made to ask for more xp for Traders so i said if it gives more xp more ppl will use it as a easy level way! Where is the bullshit on it? PPL already do it! U may should more play NC and watch the world around u!Repair XP was glitched, it wasn't 'good'.

Repair XP is almost instant, research XP most definately isn't.

The repair method that was done to cap these people could easily be done using the autopoker macro that is floating around since it involved the remote vehicle repair tool - research can't be because more complicated movements are involved.

Maybe you should read, comprehend, then post.

Strych9
21-07-04, 13:21
Repair XP was heavily bugged, so they turned it off. GMs even stealth killed some spys that were out at outzone repairing vehicles during that time.

Research exp is NOT borked all around. Just for low level. Once you start researching punishers and E parts, its high enough to level with no problem. Same with construction exp.

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 13:24
Repair XP was heavily bugged, so they turned it off. GMs even stealth killed some spys that were out at outzone repairing vehicles during that time.

Research exp is NOT borked all around. Just for low level. Once you start researching punishers and E parts, its high enough to level with no problem. Same with construction exp.

Yes the high end XP is fine. But i should not have to go buy something or go kill somthing to get that lvl that i cant with pure ressing or csting. Past somewhere in the 80's youi can't lvl off just tradeskilling.

Slaughter

Zaq
21-07-04, 13:40

Ermm how in the hell would you macro researching :confused: surely the window hopping puts a stop to that.

More xp for ressing would encourage more people to actually be tradeskillers, not just some mule you log on if someone asks you nicely.

actually I agree, researching high level drones gives pretty good xp, although it seems a vary sometimes. The first ress gives a lot, then ressing the same thing gives less xp

J. Folsom
21-07-04, 14:26
Repair XP was heavily bugged, so they turned it off. GMs even stealth killed some spys that were out at outzone repairing vehicles during that time.That's surprising, I'd expect them to warp them somewhere instead. Killing spies at outzone repairing vehicles sound more like the thing I'd expect a normal player to do, I find it a bit worrying if a GM would kill anyone as a solution.

Vampire222
21-07-04, 14:28
i personally dislike the exp you get for poking, i know it could easily be exploited if it was too good, but like 1k dex exp on a monk for poking a psi core, is a bit low imo

notneo
21-07-04, 15:57
why do consters get dex and str xp and ressers get sweet fa exept int??

enigma_b17
21-07-04, 16:31
why do consters get dex and str xp and ressers get sweet fa exept int??

agreed, I cant understand how using a skill which is in intelligence ends up in gettin u more points in another skill then ur main skill. And omg that sounds confusin, ill redo it later lol

-=z=-
21-07-04, 17:40
Please restore the XP on Ress & Const. I admire KK's attempt to improve tradeskilling in the last few patches. And I understand the necessary move to prevent exploiting (in fact I applaud it).

But enough is enough. Fix the repair exploit, don't make all us tradeskillers suffer. Actually everyone suffers as it isn't worth it to offer your services to peps when the gains are so low. I've gotten to the point where I only play my combat characters and log my tradeskillers only when someone is offering really good money for services.

Cerbious
21-07-04, 17:42
Ermm how in the hell would you macro researching :confused: surely the window hopping puts a stop to that.

With researching u dont have to window hopp m8 as u just keep pressing start and it puts the bp into inventory and takes data cube out for u.

Glok
21-07-04, 17:44
With researching u dont have to window hopp m8 as u just keep pressing start and it puts the bp into inventory and takes data cube out for u.Every 5 clicks the window jumps. It's maddening for large batches of BPs.

Cerbious
21-07-04, 18:10
Every 5 clicks the window jumps. It's maddening for large batches of BPs.

Lol wondered what happened when it did that but it seemed random so i thourght it was just me lmao

Ozambabbaz
21-07-04, 18:16
Every 5 clicks the window jumps. It's maddening for large batches of BPs.

now, where's teh f00' who asked for a researching "mini-game" o_O

On a related note, that needs to stop + there needs to be a "refill" type button on the CST side, the constant re-adding of BPs is straining on the wrist.

Would be cool if KK made the game more wrist/arm friendly and incorporated that into adverts. the issue will get bigger with MMOs

Glok
21-07-04, 18:20
now, where's teh f00' who asked for a researching "mini-game" o_O Oh yeah damn, I forgot about that. I would delete my spy as soon as that got in. I made 350 BPs yesterday to build 50 TL25 shelters from chems. A minigame would have made me insane. I barely made it as it was. :lol:

Plus side, I made a 5 slotter from that batch which sold for a nice 200k. :)

Ozambabbaz
21-07-04, 18:26
preach on brotha, i'm trying to get 5slot versions of every storebought weapon there is, so far i've only managed 5 in 2 weeks + i'm slowly going nuts from the research-window jump and the cst-BP drag'n'drop

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 18:26
Oh yeah damn, I forgot about that. I would delete my spy as soon as that got in. I made 350 BPs yesterday to build 50 TL25 shelters from chems. A minigame would have made me insane. I barely made it as it was. :lol:

Plus side, I made a 5 slotter from that batch which sold for a nice 200k. :)

OMG you build 50 basic shelters from chems? WHY? I cant be bothered to spend that much time doing it. I just use my barter to by the WP's below wep 8. I do build my wep 8 and above obviously. The Xp gain is not worth it. We need to be able to build/research in batch's. Like a hopper that holds enough stuff for like 10 bp's or 10 bp's and wep parts.

Slaughter

Glok
21-07-04, 18:41
OMG you build 50 basic shelters from chems? WHY? I cant be bothered to spend that much time doing it.If I don't build from chems and also don't get some nice slotted ones, I would lose money like mad. The new recipies are to blame for that... I guess you don't want to hear that I built my second pistol from recycled junk eh? Chitin, green poisonglands, wood, woo hoo! :D

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 20:04
If I don't build from chems and also don't get some nice slotted ones, I would lose money like mad. The new recipies are to blame for that... I guess you don't want to hear that I built my second pistol from recycled junk eh? Chitin, green poisonglands, wood, woo hoo! :D

OMG i just use my barter to buy the stuff. Mod the spells with slots i dont want and use my barter to sell tham back. I've always at least broke even. At least i think.

Slaughter

Glok
21-07-04, 20:05
I don't have a barter (yet). :)

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 20:13
I don't have a barter (yet). :)

If your on saturn i could barter for you. It's not really that big of a deal. He is only 109 ATM but i'm lvling him with drones.

Slaughter

Glok
21-07-04, 20:16
If your on saturn i could barter for you. It's not really that big of a deal. He is only 109 ATM but i'm lvling him with drones.

SlaughterYup Saturn. Once I realized it was silly to just have my one Pluto char and get bored and quit the game again and again, I decided 4 slots aren't so bad after all. :)

slaughteruall
21-07-04, 20:20
Yup Saturn. Once I realized it was silly to just have my one Pluto char and get bored and quit the game again and again, I decided 4 slots aren't so bad after all. :)

heh yeah i tried pluto for awhile. that damn 1 slot is annoying.